geekhack Community > Input Devices

Wacom Tablet

<< < (4/4)

MIGHTY CHICKEN:

--- Quote from: Kavik on Thu, 13 May 2021, 15:06:25 ---Hey, thanks for the recommendation. I had actually wondered if a regular tablet would be a better choice, and the lastest iPad comparable in price to nicer Wacoms. I ended up getting the most basic Wacom (Intuos S) as a stop gap. I have only used it a few times, and I've found it difficult to draw anything free form; tracing pictures is not too bad though. The main thing I don't like about it is that I have to sit up straight at my computer and make sure everything is perfectly lined up and I have to disable any secondary or tertiary monitor. It would be nice to be able to sit down on the couch or go outside and draw as I would with a regular sketch pad.

--- End quote ---
Regular tablet would be a better choice imo, Ipad pros are absolutely amazing, I usually use a wacom for basic tasks like writing on presentations. In regards to the monitor issues, I disable the tablet from going into other monitors in the software which makes it useable.

Lazesummerstone:
Oh I think a new generation of Ipad pros just got announced with the M1 chip so they've kinda got way more power then you might ever need. Ack... sorry to sound like a Apple advertisement. But I really find them pretty great.

MIGHTY CHICKEN:

--- Quote from: Lazesummerstone on Wed, 26 May 2021, 23:38:47 ---Oh I think a new generation of Ipad pros just got announced with the M1 chip so they've kinda got way more power then you might ever need. Ack... sorry to sound like a Apple advertisement. But I really find them pretty great.

--- End quote ---
Ipad is just too lit

foxieze:
i have an XP-Pen Deco v2 and it works perfectly fine for me - was only 30 when I bought it too so felt like I couldn't go wrong. its not got a screen or anything but the pressure sensitivity has like 8092 levels i think and its a decent size too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version