Author Topic: HSA Hyperfuse  (Read 7848 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
HSA Hyperfuse
« on: Mon, 21 August 2023, 17:43:01 »
Anyone has that HSA Hyperfuse set?
Daim, it looks nice... I wanted SA set of that colors, but its second round is looong overdue.
So I just ordered HSA :D

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

Re: HSA Hyperfuse
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 12:46:40 »
Keycaps showed up today, just mounted them on my ncr-80.
Will post photos tomorrow, when I get some sun...

Initial impressions - feel amazing, it feels like perfect height SA cap should be.
I love the shiny look and feel as well. Colors of Hyperfuse always intrigued me - there are so ugly that become beautiful, if you know what I mean :)
Size (height), shiny finish, colors, shape and typing feel and sound - all 5*.
I need to look into other JTK HSA sets - always wanted that brown set, must be amazing too.

Highly recommended.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 September 2023, 19:04:53 »
Just saw this thread.  I have the set as well as the beige on brown set.  The profile is very comfortable for me to type on.  It's a lot easier to type on for me than SA, KAT, or MT3.  I'm hoping MTNU feels this comfortable. Some people have complained about legend inconsistencies, but I like the set a lot.

302286-0

302288-1
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2023, 19:08:41 by pixelpusher »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 03 September 2023, 17:42:21 »
Is there a graph comparing HSA to the new MTNU profile (I know it's unlikely because of the recency of MTNU but I really don't know how big of a difference it would be to compare to HSA or even KAT for that matter)

I have a kat set coming soon (finally) and would like to see if I actually like it over the standard cherry/oem profiles I'm so used to
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline phinix

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 03:40:31 »
Just saw this thread.  I have the set as well as the beige on brown set.  The profile is very comfortable for me to type on.  It's a lot easier to type on for me than SA, KAT, or MT3.  I'm hoping MTNU feels this comfortable. Some people have complained about legend inconsistencies, but I like the set a lot.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Nice! I wanted that brown so much but somehow missed the GB :(

Offline phinix

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 03:46:50 »
Is there a graph comparing HSA to the new MTNU profile (I know it's unlikely because of the recency of MTNU but I really don't know how big of a difference it would be to compare to HSA or even KAT for that matter)

I have a kat set coming soon (finally) and would like to see if I actually like it over the standard cherry/oem profiles I'm so used to

haven't seen one, only one I saw was that comparing to Cherry and SA.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 07:48:48 »
Here is a comparison of HSA to SA
302423-0

notice, the image in the post above, the rows are reversed from the one I posted.  R1 is the top row of the keyboard.  HSA looks very close to SA as far as sculpt.  However, it is much lower in height.  Most sets have a neutral R3 that sits parallel to the desktop.  MTNU slants back slightly.  So, it will definitely feel different to type on, similar to MT3
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 September 2023, 07:53:53 by pixelpusher »

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 14:01:07 »
Oh ok, that makes sense. I think I want to try mtnu as it seems like a really nice profile, I have kat on the way as space dust is finally in production it seems, but mtnu seems to be more similar to cherry in terms of size. I didn't join the gb simply because gmk quality control isn't the best and it's a new gmk sculpt, so I don't trust them to deliver on a new product atm. So I'll have to see if they turn out great.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 15:31:54 »
I really like the build quality of HSA. But I'm not sure how Hyperfuse will look on a beige NCR-80.

Phinix, which NCR-80 did you mount it on? Could I see a photo?

Offline phinix

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 18:21:45 »
I really like the build quality of HSA. But I'm not sure how Hyperfuse will look on a beige NCR-80.

Hey, I have a beige one. I don't have photos of it yet. I'm in the middle of our attic getting done, so I had to move out from my room, everything packed in boxes:(
I will take photo when I unpack it. I'm planning to mount SA Retro petscii keycaps on it.
Plus I'm getting new desk! Ikea Karlby worktop :D

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 27 October 2023, 18:51:18 »
Thanks. BTW did you know about the new brown Atari-like set?

https://novelkeys.com/collections/double-shot-abs/products/mtnu-800

I thought you would find it interesting.

Great to hear that you put HSA Hyperfuse on a Beige NCR-80! I am still skeptical of that combination.

Offline phinix

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 28 October 2023, 16:46:14 »
Thanks. BTW did you know about the new brown Atari-like set?

https://novelkeys.com/collections/double-shot-abs/products/mtnu-800

I thought you would find it interesting.

Great to hear that you put HSA Hyperfuse on a Beige NCR-80! I am still skeptical of that combination.

Yes, I saw it, but that profile isn't for me, plus I was a Commodore user back in the days, so did not like Atari :)

Offline phinix

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 November 2023, 04:54:25 »
Keep typing on those HSA. To be honest, HSA is perfect height, SA could be that, but just few sets could stay full SA. Or SP could produce all their sets in both profiles, SA and HSA.

Offline phinix

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 06 November 2023, 03:59:58 »

Done my new desk, all moved back in place, so took few photos :)

303969-0

303971-1

303973-2

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 06 November 2023, 15:45:33 »
Looks great!

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 06 November 2023, 17:22:52 »
Hyperfuse looks excellent on any profile to me. Is there any difference in typing experience between SA and HSA? I going to get a HSA set, but I'm still hesitant.
I'm a Color lover and a designer.

Offline phinix

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 06 November 2023, 18:38:32 »
Hyperfuse looks excellent on any profile to me. Is there any difference in typing experience between SA and HSA? I going to get a HSA set, but I'm still hesitant.

For me it feels better, I would like to have options for all SA sets in HSA.
They sound great, a bit higher than SA though.