geekhack Community > Off Topic

Need 3 keycaps for Model M...

<< < (3/3)

wellington1869:
Update on this thread, the good folks at unicomp sent me three keycaps for free. A lovely xmas present and they fit and match the board perfectly. :)  Naturally my esteem for Unicomp has rapidly risen several notches :)

cchan:
I found myself in this same situation with one of my Model M's which was missing F2, Ctrl, A, S, and CapsLock. Unicomp was kind enough to sent me the replacements (including key stems) free, but they didn't match exactly and the Ctrl keycap had "Control" spelled out. But I gave that board to my sister, so I didn't worry too much about it.

Mercen_505:
I wish Unicomp made an M2 clone, as I have a perfectly good '94 Lexmark M2 keyboard that's in excellent condition aside from the ESC and numpad PLUS keys are missing. I bought that particular keyboard for spare parts, but it's sooooo close to being complete it offends my budding OCD.

bhtooefr:
Try contacting them or clickykeyboards.com, and seeing if they've got keycaps. They do make service parts for keyboards that they don't manufacture, so...

And, in the case of Clickykeyboards.com, they have lots of unlisted inventory. I got the mouse buttons for the M13 that I just sold (that reminds me, I need to update my sig...) from them, and they didn't have them listed on the site.

Mercen_505:
Heh, thanks. I just did that a few minutes after I wrote that post... just shooting in the dark at that point. Turns out they're willing to sell me a complete set of M2 keys for $10, which is fine by me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version