geekhack Community > Off Topic

What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)

<< < (5794/6070) > >>

suicidal_orange:
Still stuck in the depressed loop where activities don't look fun so I do nothing, then I have nothing to talk about so don't talk to people and by not talking to people I don't hear of fun things to do.

Work to eat and keep a roof over my head so I can work again tomorrow, with spare time wasted online - this is not living.  The more I focus on how **** it is the more down I get, the only remaining option is paying someone to frustrate and torture me psychologically.  Didn't work last time but maybe Einstein was wrong.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sun, 03 October 2021, 03:27:41 ---Still stuck in the depressed loop where activities don't look fun so I do nothing, then I have nothing to talk about so don't talk to people and by not talking to people I don't hear of fun things to do.

Work to eat and keep a roof over my head so I can work again tomorrow, with spare time wasted online - this is not living.  The more I focus on how **** it is the more down I get, the only remaining option is paying someone to frustrate and torture me psychologically.  Didn't work last time but maybe Einstein was wrong.

--- End quote ---

This is the point where the AI core is matured and begins to over-think, eventually collapsing in on itself because it's at its computational limit.

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sun, 03 October 2021, 04:39:30 ---This is the point where the AI core is matured and begins to over-think, eventually collapsing in on itself because it's at its computational limit.
--- End quote ---
It feels like the opposite - there's nothing worth thinking about so the AI had may as well shut down.  For the first time I understand how depressed people can spend days in bed.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sun, 03 October 2021, 16:28:12 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Sun, 03 October 2021, 04:39:30 ---This is the point where the AI core is matured and begins to over-think, eventually collapsing in on itself because it's at its computational limit.
--- End quote ---
It feels like the opposite - there's nothing worth thinking about so the AI had may as well shut down.  For the first time I understand how depressed people can spend days in bed.

--- End quote ---

The computational limit is not a load-limit.  It's a memory and process limit.

Imagine completing the next processing step requires AVX extension, but you were not born with it. So you have to run legacy code,  but you are aware that this task will never complete IN your lifetime doing it this way.

You've attempted purging other tasks,  (adult neuro-development goes through a trimming stage post adolescence).    But again, this is not enough,  this is as far as you go as a Hughmahnnn.

the AI core, collapses when it becomes too woke, or suffer physical maladies where it may choose self termination states.

Gondolindrim:

--- Quote from: jamster on Fri, 24 September 2021, 04:04:00 ---
--- Quote from: Gondolindrim on Thu, 23 September 2021, 23:14:45 ---Might get too edgy but here we go...

Do you guys ever feel like you have to constantly prove yourselves? Like a big part of your personality is getting people to recognize you even if for the smallest and ****tiest things?

Just so tired of being myself right now

--- End quote ---

Not really, but I've also never had the kind of personality that is enthusiastic about interpersonal competition in the first place.

I've noticed that some job environments or societies are much more geared along these lines though- I've worked for high profile financial services companies where this is the norm, and it also seems to be a bigger deal in some parts of the US that I've spent time in.

--- End quote ---

Yeah... I feel like I was simply built this way and the fact I work in academia does not help -- it's kind of the bones of the job to market yourself everyday. I'm just so tired

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version