Author Topic: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (1 day left)  (Read 8558 times)

Offline ClackCulture

[GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (1 day left)
« on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 07:25:45 »
ARE YOU TIRED OF SWITCHES SOUNDING AND FEELING THE SAME?

BUILTBYNIM LINEAR SWITCHES HAVE BEEN PURPOSELY DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED TO INCORPORATE A UNIQUE SOUND PROFILE AND FEEL.
DESIGNED BY AN ENTHUSIAST, FOR ENTHUSIASTS AND BEGINNERS ALIKE.

BUILTBYNIM LINEAR SWITCH
GROUPBUY: 15th NOV - 15TH DEC (15 more days left!)
278527-0

Designed by: Builtbynim
Manufactured by: Tecsee

Switch specifications
Top: Custom Nylon blend BBN Top Housing
Bottom: Polycarb Clear Bottom Housing
Stem: Pom Long Stem
Spring: Dual Stage 63.5g (Included)
Optional extra: Dual stage 68g

*Housing+Stem Will Be Factory Unlubed
FREE Add-on: Random BBN Mascot Sticker x1 (3 variations)

Vendors
SEA: qwertyqop $0.95SGD
AUS: allcaps.store $0.95AUD
US: Dangkeebs  $0.70USD
CA: shockport $0.90CAD
UK: NOESC £0.595
EU: Mykeyboards.eu £0.595
PH: Himo-mk $0.70USD
Estimated Manufacturing Period: 30-35 Days

Switch Sound Tests

MxSwitchDoctor: Lightly lubed BBN(205g0) in Alu, Brass and Pom plates

Builtbynim: (Stock) Builtbynim Linear Switch in Rama Thermal

Builtbynim: BBN linear vs 9 Popular Switches

More Information
Builtbynim Discord: https://discord.gg/JCmtkCpCaX

Please refer to IC post for technical information! : https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114836.0

278549-1 278551-2 278553-3

278555-4 278557-5 278559-6

BBN Mascot Sticker Designs (Variations 1 and 2 only)
278535-7

BBN Mascot Sticker Design variation 3
279174-8

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 January 2022, 19:50:25 by ClackCulture »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (R1 edition)
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 20:46:09 »
Why it sound the same  :blank:
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Kamon92

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 21:59:43 »
LETS GO BBN SWITCHES !!!!!!!!!1 ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :D

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 23:31:52 »
the comparison switches were heavily modded to be the best they can be and also the mic is unable to differntiate slight differences at that level! but it is very audibly different to your ear in person!

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 23:32:13 »
the comparison switches were heavily modded to be the best they can be and also the mic is unable to differntiate slight differences at that level! but it is very audibly different to your ear in person!
LETS GO!!! thank you so much for your purchase

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 23:34:33 »
LETS GO BBN SWITCHES !!!!!!!!!1 ;D ;D ;D ;D :eek: :eek: :D
Thanks so much!!! LETS GOO!!!

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 07:53:48 »
All vendors are updated with correct links to the preorder pages :) if there are any issues please let me know

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 11:01:41 »

But you have the same switch materials and construction with the same manufacturer and molds. So nothing's different.
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 17:47:50 »

But you have the same switch materials and construction with the same manufacturer and molds. So nothing's different.
hmm not sure what you mean, different manufacturere to the switches tested and different top housing material and also different combination of materials............

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 19:32:25 »

hmm not sure what you mean, different manufacturere to the switches tested and different top housing material and also different combination of materials............

What he means is that you did not specify if these use any special blends of nylon, PC, or POM for the parts & if they are being made from new custom molds or just whatever molds Tescee had lying around they could scratch BBN into. Cause from your description I get the ideal that there is nothing very special about these switches other than having your name on the top housing. Now if you are using a special blend of plastic that has not been used in any switches before on any of the parts &/or are using fresh custom molds you should be making that abundantly clear. Otherwise it's just a Tescee recolor for all intents & purposes.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
    • https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 20:53:37 »

What he means is that you did not specify if these use any special blends of nylon, PC, or POM for the parts & if they are being made from new custom molds or just whatever molds Tescee had lying around they could scratch BBN into. Cause from your description I get the ideal that there is nothing very special about these switches other than having your name on the top housing. Now if you are using a special blend of plastic that has not been used in any switches before on any of the parts &/or are using fresh custom molds you should be making that abundantly clear. Otherwise it's just a Tescee recolor for all intents & purposes.

I don't know about the molds but at least based on the description in Dangkeebs, top housing is a custom material "Top Housing: Custom nylon blend BBN top housing". That said, I stopped getting excited about any switch at this stage tbh. I feel like all the switches claim something being different without giving any info to back it up. I understand people not willing to tell their secret mix for monetary reasons, but at least it should be mentioned what was the objective when creating this new mix. Is it to make switch sound clackier, thockier, make it smoother? For this one it is just mentioned that it is a custom blend and has unique sound.

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 23:08:26 »

I don't know about the molds but at least based on the description in Dangkeebs, top housing is a custom material "Top Housing: Custom nylon blend BBN top housing". That said, I stopped getting excited about any switch at this stage tbh. I feel like all the switches claim something being different without giving any info to back it up. I understand people not willing to tell their secret mix for monetary reasons, but at least it should be mentioned what was the objective when creating this new mix. Is it to make switch sound clackier, thockier, make it smoother? For this one it is just mentioned that it is a custom blend and has unique sound.
i see what you are saying! anway this one is a custom bbn designed for a "pop" sound/sensation upstroke :) you really have to try the switch to see! but yeah i 100% get what you are saying :)

Offline howGoodAreKeyboards

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 18:10:25 »
I like that
professional button presser, and also clicker

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 18:13:08 »

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 19:08:44 »
3 days in to the GB!! going strong thanks so much for all your help!!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 19:39:39 »
This sounds like pretty like much any other long stem switch I've heard.

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 18:56:21 »
This sounds like pretty like much any other long stem switch I've heard.
you are going to have to wait and find out :) it is very different sound and feel to other long poles!

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 18:59:07 »

And this right here is exactly why sound tests are complete and utter BS.

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 19:07:24 »

And this right here is exactly why sound tests are complete and utter BS.
yeah i have to agree with you on that but they still do play a role in this kind of projects, Majority of people wanted to see how stock/ lightly lubed bbns compare with popular switches that are only used as heavily modified varaitons.

the comparison video is more to highlight that this swtich at its stock/ minor modded variaton can stand up againt heavily modded popular switches! so yeah, i take any switch test video with a grain of salt.

couple of streamers and instagrammers have reviewed this switch so i do reconmend watching their streams! live reviews and discussions are a better indication of the switch quality than a sound test!

Offline clik_clak

Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (15 days left!!)
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 19:16:47 »
I have no doubt that they're good switches. There's lots and lots of very good switches out there right now.

My main problem with switches right now is that I can't find a difference between a $.20 switch and a $1.00 switch. JWICK's are a great example of this. A light lube and the spring swap you were going to do on your $1.00 switch and they aren't distinguishable from that $1.00 switch.

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 21:30:08 »
I have no doubt that they're good switches. There's lots and lots of very good switches out there right now.

My main problem with switches right now is that I can't find a difference between a $.20 switch and a $1.00 switch. JWICK's are a great example of this. A light lube and the spring swap you were going to do on your $1.00 switch and they aren't distinguishable from that $1.00 switch.
yeah for sure! most of these modern switches can be modified to be pretty great! but while doing that you are reducing the uniqueness of that individual switch!  the way iv look at it is, im trying to offer a different sound profile and a different typing feel that most people obtain through frakenswitches, which can be quite costly and time consuming for the average joe! with these switches there is no need to film and lubing is very minimal (tbh i would only bag lube the springs) to get that "best" version feel!

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 17:52:48 »
15 more days left!! thanks so much for everyones support and discussions!

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 02:06:10 »
b

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 01 December 2021, 21:42:50 »
14 days left!

Offline Builtbynim

Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (14 days left!!)
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 00:06:34 »
id like to thank everyone for helping me make this possible! only 12 more days left!

Offline ClackCulture

Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (10 days left!!)
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 06:06:44 »
10 more days left!!

Offline Builtbynim

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 19:42:19 »
stickers are currently being produced!! so keen!!

Offline zlorfik

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 20:43:44 »
What exactly is "light lube"? Curious how the switches in the MxSwitchDoctor sound test were lubed exactly.

Offline ClackCulture

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 17:26:56 »
What exactly is "light lube"? Curious how the switches in the MxSwitchDoctor sound test were lubed exactly.
bottom housing lubed with super super light layer of 205g0 thats it, no other parts were lubed, oh other than the springs, those were bag lubed with 105g0

Offline JadeBunny

Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (only 2 days left)
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 17:46:47 »
These look really interesting! I am keen to jump on the GB and see how these go!

Offline ClackCulture

Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (only 2 days left)
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 20:03:54 »
These look really interesting! I am keen to jump on the GB and see how these go!
one day left! go go go

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (1 day left)
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 23:07:43 »
Tbh, sounds like just another Tecsee long-stem linear.

Offline chat and team

Re: [GB] Builtbynim Linear switch (1 day left)
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 04:59:38 »
yea 70 cents for a regular tecsee switch count me in! how did this even get to gb
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won