Author Topic: Cherry MY Doubleshots - How much are they worth?  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Conus

Cherry MY Doubleshots - How much are they worth?
« on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 23:29:21 »
How much is reasonable to pay for a set of cherry doubleshots from a Cherry MY 7000 board? I know a lot of the modifier keys are non-standard sizes. Also does anyone know if they're ABS or PBT?

Thanks

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Cherry MY Doubleshots - How much are they worth?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 01:03:46 »
If they're doubleshots, they're ABS all the time every time.  Also, keep in mind that many of the modifier caps won't work with MX from an MY board because of the stabilizers.  I wouldn't pay more than $30 for an MY set in good condition since you'll need a Moogle to make it work.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 04:26:09 »
If they're doubleshots, they're ABS all the time every time.  Also, keep in mind that many of the modifier caps won't work with MX from an MY board because of the stabilizers.  I wouldn't pay more than $30 for an MY set in good condition since you'll need a Moogle to make it work.
Not always, vortex now sells thick PBT doubleshots.
I'm just saying
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 05:26:03 »
I'm just saying

When it comes to cherry made caps they are always abs if double shot.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 06:04:18 »
Hmmm , MY keycaps are pretty rare

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 08:33:23 »
I'm just saying

When it comes to cherry made caps they are always abs if double shot.
Ah, you were only referring to cherries.
Kind of makes sense now that i read it again:D
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 10:33:11 »
Used set from G81-7000 white on black $10-25 depend condition. They are currently most common set and generally easy to find on ebay and etc. Doubleshots are ALWAYS the exact same key on both G80 and G81. Only some PBT on G81 have the issue with the inbuilt stabilizer wire clip which make them incompatible for Cherry stabilizer and G81 1.25 bottom row key is incompatible but are not doubleshot either.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 13:21:02 »
There are doubleshot G81 sets with 1,25 modifiers over here in Germany, for example on the blue Hertha BSC board here:

http://deskthority.net/photos-videos-f8/out-of-the-ordinary-g81-g80-3000-shells-t6246.html?hilit=g81%20doubleshots

and on some white/beige keyboards.

The modifiers on these have vicious non-centered stems that make you want to kill someone in Auerbach when you first discover them. I don't know if there are US keyboards with those though.

Offline Conus

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 15:56:11 »
They do exist! Soccer club board looks pretty cool. I have experienced the off-center stems from cherry boards, but that's usually for like the stepped capslock and stuff right?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 12:36:38 »
Like I said, all G81 1.25 modifiers have an off center stem, it's in the same spot a 1x stem would be from the edge. There is no such thing as a doubleshot 1.25 mods on G81. They are always pad printed on otherwise doubleshot sets. In US the G81-8000H**US is quite common which is essentially the same as a 3000 but with card reader.

MY 1.25 on bottom.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 05:40:16 »
Some G81-3000 with doubleshots do have space bars with Cherry G81-specific stabilisers that are incompatible with Cherry MX.

The G81-7000's space bar is 6u (not 6.25u) and the switch's stem is not centred, but it should fit other keyboards in the G80-series with 6u space bar. I've got one on my Phantom, but it is customized.