Author Topic: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped  (Read 458313 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #400 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:17:00 »
Did a little searching and as long as it is a light neutral color, POM seems to be very easily dye-able.  So in that case anyone could have any color they really wanted, well except clear.. but that isn't really a color anyways...  So no reason for fighting in here.  ;D

some links for reference about dying POM
More

Do any of those have pics?  All the POM/PBT caps I've seen dyed didn't look like the POM picked up much color.  I know I've seen dyed disc golf discs and yoyos, but I have no clue what material they're using since different plastic polymers take dyes differently.

Edit: I also know the Rit formulation changed and doesn't work so great now.

I'm wondering on slider color.  Here's hoping purple, pink, turquoise, something fun and unique (but not orange, red, or yellow).

Not yellow? :(

I know rowdy loves yellow, but I just can't get behind it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:20:27 by nubbinator »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #401 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 21:57:43 »
I'm wondering on slider color.  Here's hoping purple, pink, turquoise, something fun and unique (but not orange, red, or yellow).

Not yellow? :(

I know rowdy loves yellow, but I just can't get behind it.

I understand :)

Means moar yellow for me :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline unoab

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 22:03:10 »
Do any of those have pics?  All the POM/PBT caps I've seen dyed didn't look like the POM picked up much color.  I know I've seen dyed disc golf discs and yoyos, but I have no clue what material they're using since different plastic polymers take dyes differently.

Edit: I also know the Rit formulation changed and doesn't work so great now.

I didn't see any pictures at those links, but I did see a picture on a ring page or something like that, let me see about digging up that link:

http://www.theringlord.org/forum/index.php?/topic/11498-dyeing-trls-engineered-plastic-rings/

The white balance is bad, but it gives an idea that red dye gave a more orange color, but it also does not have the process he used to dye the rings.  It seems like the process on some of the other links was hinted to be the key to uniform saturated color, 180C heated dye vat for at least 20-25min, stirring constantly and such.

from the dupont PDF:
More
Dyeing
Surfaces of Delrin acetal resin can be dyed by
either the "Water Solvent Method" or the "Organic
Solvent Method." Part geometry must be taken into
account when dyeing Delrin acetal resin because
part thickness influences the rate at which staining
occurs. Thin sections stain more rapidly than thick.
Consequently, variations in section thickness will
determine the immersion time required for color
uniformity and tone. Light uniform tones may be
difficult to achieve.
Commercial household dyes such as "Tintex"
and "Rit" have also been used successfully to dye
parts of Delrin acetal resin for color coding. Bath
temperatures of 85-90C (185-195F) should be
employed with "Tintex" and "Rit" to obtain adequate
dye penetration and good color.

and a few of the pages commented on the change in the RIT formula in 2013 and said that a switch to iDye Poly or other plastic dye works just fine on delrin/POM.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2015, 13:19:59 by unoab »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #403 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 22:22:42 »
Order placed.  :)

I'm hype for this topre-mx goodness with this set..

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #404 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 22:47:43 »
Placed my order as well before i forget :)

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #405 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 22:53:18 »

Although I already ordered, I feel like it's absolute sacrilege to put Topre-MX sliders into a 10ae Realforce. This could cause me to make a rash decision and buy a 2nd realforce in the very near future.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #406 on: Fri, 29 May 2015, 22:58:17 »

Although I already ordered, I feel like it's absolute sacrilege to put Topre-MX sliders into a 10ae Realforce. This could cause me to make a rash decision and buy a 2nd realforce in the very near future.
10thAE JT keycap set anyone?  ;)

And this set is going to go on my HHKB. :)

The 10AE has a perfect looking set on it already.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #407 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 10:54:04 »
The stepped CapsLock caps in this buy have an off-center stem, right? Is this valid for stepped Capslock caps in general?

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #408 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 15:37:51 »
Are the  cherry or blank windowed key for the top most row? If so would anyone be willing to let their white versions go? I bought white mods with base set and looking to get 4 total.

Offline Baxter

• They do not know it, but they are doing it.
    • http://www.darklightweb.co.uk
« Reply #409 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 16:04:52 »
Are the  cherry or blank windowed key for the top most row? If so would anyone be willing to let their white versions go? I bought white mods with base set and looking to get 4 total.

From what bunny is saying it may be worth waiting to see what appears in the store when it gets opened back up some time in the very near future.

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #410 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 17:17:27 »

I'm hopeful for individual windowed caps as well, patience is key here.  :)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 17:22:43 »

From what bunny is saying it may be worth waiting to see what appears in the store when it gets opened back up some time in the very near future.

I'm hopeful for individual windowed caps as well, patience is key here.  :)

That would be awesome.  I'll jump in and hope with you guys.  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #412 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:35:01 »
@nubbs

there will be an assortment of colours, each set will all be of one colour, but once i have the final colours locked in, i can let you pick sir, i wouldnt want orange sliders to ruin your day

on a side note

i put specifically in the OP, please keep this thread on topic, please respect this thread, if people have personal issues, please take them elsewhere

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #413 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:41:07 »
@nubbs

there will be an assortment of colours, each set will all be of one colour, but once i have the final colours locked in, i can let you pick sir, i wouldnt want orange sliders to ruin your day

Awesome.  That sounds perfect and makes more people happy.  If pink and purple are options, I'll have to find someone wanting to swap their modifier stems with me.  Absolutely nerdy, but having the stems for the modifiers and alphas be different colors (like pink and purple or purple and dark grey) would be awesome.

They wouldn't ruin my day, just make me unlikely to use them, but that's great to hear.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #414 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:42:38 »
@nubbs

Awesome.  That sounds perfect and makes more people happy.  If pink and purple are options, I'll have to find someone wanting to swap their modifier stems with me.  Absolutely nerdy, but having the stems for the modifiers and alphas be different colors (like pink and purple or purple and dark grey) would be awesome.

They wouldn't ruin my day, just make me unlikely to use them, but that's great to hear.

i can tell you this, purple and black will 100% not be happening, they already exist, and we dont want these to be confused with original sliders or confused as other alternatives

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #415 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:43:30 »
Damn.  Still hoping for some cool colors.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #416 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:45:01 »

i assure you sir, im a fan of colours, i dont have your hated of orange, but ill be pushing for some stuff i think is cool

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #417 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:48:03 »
@nubbs

I never even thought of having different color sliders for alphas and modifiers. what a fantastic idea.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #418 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:49:31 »

i assure you sir, im a fan of colours, i dont have your hated of orange, but ill be pushing for some stuff i think is cool

It's not hatred, just not something I would ever use.  Dustinhxc does some great things with orange accents and so has Longzilla, my preferred color palette is just closer to that of CPTBadAss.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #419 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 18:54:34 »
@nubbs

I never even thought of having different color sliders for alphas and modifiers. what a fantastic idea.
^^^^^^
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #420 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 19:13:11 »
If there is pink sliders I'll be the more than happy  :)

I didn't even like pink before I got into keyboards and now I have a new found like for it.  :))

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #421 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 19:15:59 »

I didn't even like pink before I got into keyboards and now I have a new found like for it.  :))
QFT, keyboards has increased my like-ness towards the color pink

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #422 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 19:46:57 »
I would be all over green sliders!

Offline Baxter

• They do not know it, but they are doing it.
    • http://www.darklightweb.co.uk
« Reply #423 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 19:54:01 »
Semi-transparent lilac fading to darker blue towards the base with embedded gold sparkles and titanium reinforcement rods in the centres of the stems would be amazing.

I'd have to develop some pretty substantial calluses to type on them, I'll be damned if I'm covering them up with caps.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 May 2015, 19:55:44 by Baxter »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #424 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 20:05:36 »
Semi-transparent lilac fading to darker blue towards the base with embedded gold sparkles and titanium reinforcement rods in the centres of the stems would be amazing.

I'd have to develop some pretty substantial calluses to type on them, I'll be damned if I'm covering them up with caps.

Not asking for much :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #425 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 20:31:21 »
Ordered a set and some sliders! Looking forward to it :)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 23:22:29 »
Cyan/teal/turquoise or some green sliders are my style.

Can't wait to see the color options

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #427 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 23:32:54 »

Same for me and purple. Before my wife and I started living together, I didn't own a single purple item...now, half of the **** we own is purple, and the color has grown on me tremendously.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 30 May 2015, 23:36:57 »
Cyan/teal/turquoise or some green sliders are my style.

Can't wait to see the color options

Cyan/teal/turquoise would be great, but I still would kill for some pink/violet/lilac/purple. 

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #429 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 00:54:44 »
Hey Bunny,

I shot you a PM about a question.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Eugene

« Reply #430 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 03:39:07 »

Those shift keys always mess up the white balance for the whole pic :)). Caps look pretty nice!

I can assure you the camera doesn't care very much about those yellow keys from a white balance perspective. What most cameras hate about this photo is EV. Most cameras will attempt to meter based on the large dark portion in the center of the frame and blow out the yellow keys. Good cameras produce raw files with high dynamic range, which can help pull the highlights back s little bit. ;)

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 11:19:50 »
Hey Bunny, I pmed you about changing my order.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #432 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 11:23:26 »
Hey Bunny, I pmed you about changing my order.

hey sir, sorry i havent really been around today, i got a couple of those 5k imacs and have been redoing my office, ill work through my pms over the next few hours now im kinda set up

im making an effort to get a little more organised

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #433 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 12:49:17 »
Hoping there are more planned keysets in the works, can't get in on one right now, but they look great!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #434 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 15:14:38 »
In case you miss it, BunnyLake, I sent you a PM about my order too :)

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #435 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 01:22:01 »
Paid for, and now the wait begins.  :)

I'm exited to hear what this  surprise is with the orders that have the sliders in them.  ^-^

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 06:00:51 »
Ordered :D

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #437 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 07:18:56 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:16:40 by Khers »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #438 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:01:54 »
last few hours for this guys

if anyone is on the fence, id love to see this be a major success

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - FINAL HOURS
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:04:00 »
I wish I could afford to grab a few sets to help you out :(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #440 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:04:14 »
oh quick update guys on 2 fronts

i will have full pics of the sliders this week

and have them in hand shortly after

also, we are recording anyone who ordered this first buy, anyone who then goes on to order the second, having ordered this one, will get a special gift in their order for supporting this venture

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #441 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:05:47 »
Yay! Thanks BunnyLake. I really hope I got into first 100. :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #442 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:07:39 »
Yay! Thanks BunnyLake. I really hope I got into first 100. :)

i should be able to get cody to run a list of the first 100 off from the site without me having to do lots of awkward copy pastes, if he can ill get him to do it and post it up in the thread

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #443 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:08:44 »
I'm so excited to put these caps and stems on my daily driver. :thumb: I've been thinking for a while what could improve this board and I think this is the answer.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #444 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:43:43 »
i don't have a use for either of JT's sets, but i want to support this venture at the same time. so i will purchase one of the two sets as a gift for the quickest poster who can give me a compelling reason why he/she should be chosen. the winner chooses the set color and i will pay for it + all the necessary fees. good luck

and please only enter if you have not yet purchase a set

Offline joey

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:46:50 »
Wow ^^^

People here are crazy generous...
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:49:35 by joey »

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #446 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:52:00 »
Wow.. that's very generous of you. I hope the person who gets it passes the generosity to other members here. We need more of you here. :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 11:56:40 »
i don't have a use for either of JT's sets, but i want to support this venture at the same time. so i will purchase one of the two sets as a gift for the quickest poster who can give me a compelling reason why he/she should be chosen. the winner chooses the set color and i will pay for it + all the necessary fees. good luck

and please only enter if you have not yet purchase a set

ill kinda match this, whoever wetheclouds picks, ill buy them the other set

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 01 June 2015, 12:03:44 »
damn, bumping the standard for qualifying posts up by a notch then

i'll have to use paypal tho, hope that's cool with you bunny

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder