Author Topic: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped  (Read 458349 times)

Offline Willyc277

Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - moving to production
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:15:36 »
I wonder if JTK's success will overcome GMK.
Getting GMK nervous and worried about place in the market I feel is a good thing.

lolwut

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #901 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:24:46 »
Getting GMK nervous and worried about place in the market I feel is a good thing.

lolwut
Long story short I was trying to say competition is a good thing and it seems GMK has been resting on its laurels. If GMK sees they are not the only game in town MAYBE they will focus more on there QA/QC, MOQ and pricing.

In comes JTK
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #902 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:31:07 »

lolwut
I think he is saying that JTK in creating "gmk type" caps will get GMK nervous enough to consider "stepping their game up".

GMK is almost like Comcast.

In certain territories where there is no competition Comcast can charge a higher rate and have less quality of service because there is no other internet provider in the area.

GMK is in their own class and there isnt any other entity competing with them. (This is arguable to a degree)

Maybe GMK will find a way to add different profile keys, reduce prices, reduce manufacturing time, add pbt doubleshot keycaps, etc.

GMK already lowered their moq. Maybe now they will change other things.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #903 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:31:39 »
In all fairness, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone complain about QC issues with GMK. Something changed and I'm sure they'll address it. Not trying to compare JT to GMK, etc. GMK sets have always been A1 prior to this.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #904 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:38:02 »
I don't think JTK will ever be big enough to compete with GMK. In the grand scheme of things GMK can really care less about niche markets. It is like comparing Wal-Mart to a local grocery store.

the niche market it self can shift focus to JTK as JTK allows for more customization of the caps for the community.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:39:37 by Bromono »

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #905 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:39:43 »

lolwut
I think he is saying that JTK in creating "gmk type" caps will get GMK nervous enough to consider "stepping their game up".

GMK is almost like Comcast.

In certain territories where there is no competition Comcast can charge a higher rate and have less quality of service because there is no other internet provider in the area.

GMK is in their own class and there isnt any other entity competing with them. (This is arguable to a degree)

Maybe GMK will find a way to add different profile keys, reduce prices, reduce manufacturing time, add pbt doubleshot keycaps, etc.

GMK already lowered their moq. Maybe now they will change other things.

I think this is good because it forces GMK to step up their game - may it be in terms of quality or even pricing.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #906 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:42:12 »
To me JTK brings the chance for quicker turnaround, potential for custom legends, more keycap size opportunities (including topre compatible spacebars to go along with the MX compatible sliders hopefully) and maybe fully custom color options (within reason) all wrapped in a familiar profile and thickness we've all come to appreciate.

No pressure on bunny as he has reminded us time and time again this is the first go around and things will always be improving and JTK's success will depend on community support.

There will always be a place for keycaps made by SP, BSP, GMK, Gateron but to me JTK brings a lot of potential for those of us who want good quality doubleshot cherry profile ABS caps.

And honestly I think one thing most people forget with the 'big' cap makers is they don't necessarily need or always want our business so much as we have to go out and try and get them to work with us. (Edit: Bromono beat me to the punch on this one.)

Offline joey

« Reply #907 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:46:42 »
I don't think JTK will ever be big enough to compete with GMK. In the grand scheme of things GMK can really care less about niche markets. It is like comparing Wal-Mart to a local grocery store.

the niche market it self can shift focus to JTK as JTK allows for more customization of the caps for the community.
We're only talking about our market!

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #908 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:47:31 »
To me JTK brings the chance for quicker turnaround, potential for custom legends, more keycap size opportunities (including topre compatible spacebars to go along with the MX compatible sliders hopefully) and maybe fully custom color options (within reason) all wrapped in a familiar profile and thickness we've all come to appreciate.

No pressure on bunny as he has reminded us time and time again this is the first go around and things will always be improving and JTK's success will depend on community support.

There will always be a place for keycaps made by SP, BSP, GMK, Gateron but to me JTK brings a lot of potential for those of us who want good quality doubleshot cherry profile ABS caps.

And honestly I think one thing most people forget with the 'big' cap makers is they don't necessarily need or always want our business so much as we have to go out and try and get them to work with us. (Edit: Bromono beat me to the punch on this one.)

+1

I do see JTK putting pressure to step up their game on smaller manufactures like SP.

The Korean forums have already shown a lot of interest in JTK as well.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #909 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:50:07 »

We're only talking about our market!

GMK serves massive companies globally.

A small keyboard forum isn't going to convince GMK to up their quality just because we may change our preference to a smaller targeted keycap company.

Edit: should have just merged with my above post. Sorry.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #910 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:51:07 »

Very good point you bring up about some of the bigger cap makers even needing our business. I don't know enough about GMK to even hazard a guess at what percentage of a **** they care about the enthusiast community's business. I guess I was just trying to say im excited for the possibilities JTK brings and lets hope a few successful runs can shake things up a bit.
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #911 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:58:25 »

Very good point you bring up about some of the bigger cap makers even needing our business. I don't know enough about GMK to even hazard a guess at what percentage of a **** they care about the enthusiast community's business. I guess I was just trying to say im excited for the possibilities JTK brings and lets hope a few successful runs can shake things up a bit.

I most definitely think JTK will serve the community better  :thumb:

I feel like since JTK roots are within the keyboard enthusiast scene we will be able to get a lot more customization and satisfaction from them!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 15:14:22 »
in the future itll be much much faster

the actual production on this has been very fast, it just took a bit longer that expected to get a few extra things right and how you guys would want them, we didnt just wanna throw out an inferior product

I think it's great that JTK is willing to spend that little extra time making sure the set is as near perfect as they can get it.

If they take this trouble over every set they produce, they will get a lot more orders!

It definitely seems that people criticise the appearance and quality of a set far more than delays in production (although some people do whinge about both).

Just as long as the keycaps are safely packaged for transportation.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #913 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 16:38:31 »

I feel like since JTK roots are within the keyboard enthusiast scene we will be able to get a lot more customization and satisfaction from them!

This is the big point here.  Here's a small excerpt from our new "About Us" for the new site when it launches.

"...we look to offer a fresh perspective on how groupbuys, keysets, and artisan cap buys are run.  We believe that anything originating or associated with [CTRL]ALT should be designed, produced, shipped and presented at the highest quality possible.  Our core commitment to the community is providing you with the best enthusiast experience that we can."

It's something I've mentioned several times in the interviews but we aren't some company trying to turn a huge profit no matter what some people may believe.  None of us are doing this to get rich.  We're just members trying to bring awesome new things to other members.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #914 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 16:54:33 »

This is the big point here.  Here's a small excerpt from our new "About Us" for the new site when it launches.

"...we look to offer a fresh perspective on how groupbuys, keysets, and artisan cap buys are run.  We believe that anything originating or associated with [CTRL]ALT should be designed, produced, shipped and presented at the highest quality possible.  Our core commitment to the community is providing you with the best enthusiast experience that we can."

It's something I've mentioned several times in the interviews but we aren't some company trying to turn a huge profit no matter what some people may believe.  None of us are doing this to get rich.  We're just members trying to bring awesome new things to other members.
And we love you all for that! <3

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #915 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 18:00:57 »

:-*

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #916 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 00:59:45 »

C'mon bruh. We all know you CtrlAlt fat-cats are living like Saudi princes on them keyboard profitz.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #917 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 01:16:41 »
Hold on. I'm swimming through my bro caps and Korean customs.  Gimme a sec to to respond.

:))

Offline Bomble

« Reply #918 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 02:25:28 »
Hold on. I'm swimming through my bro caps and Korean customs.  Gimme a sec to to respond.

:'(

Offline Vizir

« Reply #919 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 20:14:53 »

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #920 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 21:07:30 »

I knew it  :rolleyes:  :))

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #921 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 06:37:26 »
Show Image

Looks tasty! :3

Though the Tab and Enter legends seem too close to the left edge of the keycap. Could this be corrected for this run?

ill try and find my jtk set and take a pic of the tabs and enters next to gmk ones for you, but they are the same distance when i checked before
That would be awesome!

Here's what I came up with:

Source image of the compared Cherry set.

(btw, the small e in Enter indeed looks a bit funky)
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 06:39:25 by wlhlm »

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #922 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 06:43:10 »
Show Image

Looks tasty! :3

Though the Tab and Enter legends seem too close to the left edge of the keycap. Could this be corrected for this run?

ill try and find my jtk set and take a pic of the tabs and enters next to gmk ones for you, but they are the same distance when i checked before
That would be awesome!

Here's what I came up with:
(Attachment Link)

Source image of the compared Cherry set.

(btw, the small e in Enter indeed looks a bit funky)

I think the angle of the keycaps in Bunny's photo affected how the legends looked on the keys, although it is possible that they're a bit too far to the left.
;)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #923 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:11:52 »
I too think it's the angle,

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115722906@N08/15450704866/

If you look at this picture you'll see that the legends are very close to the left edge, but with the angle of the purple picture : http://i.imgur.com/PJYGLNZ.jpg

we don't see the left side of the caps, so it's hard to tell.

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #924 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:17:19 »
i have looked through my beta caps, and measured, on mine, the tab is fractionally closer to the edge, but my enter keys are spot on

i think the angle of the picture accentuates this issue, i also dont know if those pics are of the final legends as several got fixed very recently

what i do now know is production has finished, and they are currently underway in the sorting process, as soon as i get pics ill post here

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #925 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:29:14 »
Very interested to see how these come out. I'm not a big purple fan, so I stayed out of this one, but if these come out great I'm excited to get into a future buy!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #926 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:33:57 »
i have looked through my beta caps, and measured, on mine, the tab is fractionally closer to the edge, but my enter keys are spot on

i think the angle of the picture accentuates this issue, i also dont know if those pics are of the final legends as several got fixed very recently

what i do now know is production has finished, and they are currently underway in the sorting process, as soon as i get pics ill post here

Excellent.  Can't wait to see the final product.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #927 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:35:06 »

Nice, are the extra keys a happy surprise or will you release that before for extra hype? :)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #928 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 07:54:24 »
I couldn't care less if the tab is a fraction of a difference.  It's the first run, It's to be expected.

I doubt most people would notice on their boards, unless they studied it...  :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #929 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:01:49 »

Nice, are the extra keys a happy surprise or will you release that before for extra hype? :)

some are a surprise

some i have mentioned previously in the thread

i can also confirm in future buys there will be 1800 support (but not in this one)

and the level of customisation we will show off for the next sets will blow people away, i cant wait to share what we have planned
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:09:55 by BunnyLake »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #930 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:06:53 »
and the level of customisation we will show off for the next sets will blow people away, i can wait to share what we have planned

hnnnngggggggggggg

:p

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #931 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:10:58 »
i can wait to share what we have planned

But we can't wait to know  ;) :p :p :p

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #932 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:16:00 »
Sweet. Glad to here there is even more being prepared for the future sets.

Also, any update on the sliders? Photos, or any info on when we can add more to our orders?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #933 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:22:30 »

Also, any update on the sliders? Photos, or any info on when we can add more to our orders?

pics will come when i have them good sir

and they will be on their way to me shortly

as for info on them, in case you missed it, every slider order gets a topre spacebar in cherry profile to match the set, as well as the other 2 stab variants of sliders for full compatibility across the topre range

as for adding stuff to orders

i have 200 extra sets of sliders on the way to me, as well as some spare sets that you have currently seen, as well as another set we had made at the same time but wasnt available for gb, all of those will go on sale shortly with the launch of the new store, almost certainly in time to add to your current order

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #934 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:27:13 »
Oooooo
Okay, thanks for the info :thumb:

Offline joey

« Reply #935 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:28:46 »
I keep posting in this thread, even though I'm not in the buy, I'm just really intrigued by all these surprises!   ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #936 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:30:44 »
I keep posting in this thread, even though I'm not in the buy, I'm just really intrigued by all these surprises!   ;)

pick an option, purple, black, or mystery and then pm me you address and ill get that set out to you when they arrive

thanks for supporting the thread and being another uk bro

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #937 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:32:39 »

pick an option, purple, black, or mystery and then pm me you address and ill get that set out to you when they arrive

Nothing to see here.

Just Bunny being Bunny  :thumb:

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #938 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:34:13 »
Pretty much.

Bunny is always up to something good

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #939 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:38:45 »
Pretty much.

just wait until you see what i have planned for the launch of the new store

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #940 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:41:59 »

Pretty much.

just wait until you see what i have planned for the launch of the new store

Oh man.

At this point, there are so many things that are suppose to happen at the relaunch that you've announced, I have no idea what else there could be.

Whatever it is, I'm excited :D

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #941 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:46:50 »
Is there going to be extras of these for sale on your site? This started before i really got in to mechs >_<
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #942 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 08:49:38 »

as for info on them, in case you missed it, every slider order gets a topre spacebar in cherry profile to match the set, as well as the other 2 stab variants of sliders for full compatibility across the topre range

i have 200 extra sets of sliders on the way to me, as well as some spare sets that you have currently seen, as well as another set we had made at the same time but wasnt available for gb, all of those will go on sale shortly with the launch of the new store, almost certainly in time to add to your current order

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #943 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 09:01:07 »

some are a surprise

some i have mentioned previously in the thread

i can also confirm in future buys there will be 1800 support (but not in this one)

and the level of customisation we will show off for the next sets will blow people away, i cant wait to share what we have planned

/Dance

Offline joey

« Reply #944 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 09:14:15 »

Wow!  :eek:
Bunny, you're too kind, you made my week!

ps. UK meet up? ;)

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #945 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 09:21:57 »

Soryy bunny, im blind and looked right over that last part, thanks!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #946 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:05:52 »
I look forward to getting my hands on some sliders as soon as the store is back up! There are some green sliders left correct?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #947 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:11:02 »

If it does come up for sale and we have already bought sets (three sets in my case) how would I remove the shipping option? Typically, shipping is always incorporated into the final price. Thanks!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #948 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:21:19 »

Bunny to the rescue! I cannot wait to see this mystery option  :eek: also this has been one of the things I've really been curious about. From seeing the anchor ,cherry symbol and star its apparent there is some customization options. I'm really interested in seeing how well and how much they can do with the custom legends .....also very stoked to see different colored slider options  :thumb:

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #949 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:23:08 »

Bunny to the rescue! I cannot wait to see this mystery option  :eek: :thumb:

The mystery option has got to be something awesome, I would order mystery