Author Topic: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped  (Read 458281 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - 70% shipped
« Reply #1550 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 05:14:41 »
My WoB set arrived earlier in the week, but I only had a chance to open them today.

And I've ended up wasting half the day on something else and haven't gotten the pictures off my camera yet.

First thought: Wow!

Second thought: Wow!

The only observation I've made is that the stems under the Enter key are a little short for the Costar stabiliser inserts I have - they do not push in all the way.

With a small square of plastic, they stay in well enough, and the key seems to work.

Just an observation.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1551 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 13:13:28 »
if anyone is interested in selling a purple set, i'd buy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1552 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 20:02:45 »
Here's a couple of pictures of the Costar stabiliser inserts.

First is Enter, second is right Shift.  AFAIK they are standard CM QFR/QFS stabiliser inserts.

114804-0

114806-1

As I mentioned, not a problem.  The Shift stays in very well without needing any additional help.  And a small square of plastic around each Enter stabiliser holds them well too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Flossed

• Hai
« Reply #1553 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 20:47:06 »

Message Bunny, he has extras.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1554 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 21:11:34 »

Message Bunny, he has extras.

But have patience - BunnyLake is haveing a well-deserved and much-needed break from GH for a few days.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1555 on: Sat, 24 October 2015, 21:36:16 »
i've been in GB's that have taken over a year after the org got the items in hand. I can wait.

Offline effectiveduck

« Reply #1556 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 02:04:14 »
Got my caps in last week, and I'm very happy with the result, they look and feel fantastic!

Thanks Bunny and JTK, looking forward to more!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1557 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 04:25:29 »
That looks great with the CMYW!

I'll have to dig my CMYW out, I might actually have some use for it now :)

Offline Kirfloof

« Reply #1558 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 05:29:36 »
Hope to hear news of the other secret colourway soon!

Only minor issue I've had since using these is the right shift has popped free a couple of times.

Doesn't feel unusually loose, and the stem looks as it should. Might be a novatouch stab issue, my habit of hitting the extreme left edge or I've a stronger pinkie than I realised.

Hopefully those coveted ISO shapes will eventually appear in time, even just blanks would be nice.

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #1559 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 07:17:55 »
Mine arrived today, installed them on one of my QFR's to see what they feel like :D

Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline joey

« Reply #1560 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 07:26:17 »

I hope to see WoB + RGB.. anyone?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1561 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 07:41:32 »

When mine get in I can hook you up... it will be on an HHKB doh!!!  :p
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline CaplockJack

« Reply #1562 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 13:24:43 »
Here's a couple of pictures of the Costar stabiliser inserts.

First is Enter, second is right Shift.  AFAIK they are standard CM QFR/QFS stabiliser inserts.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

As I mentioned, not a problem.  The Shift stays in very well without needing any additional help.  And a small square of plastic around each Enter stabiliser holds them well too.

Do you have a Novatouch to test on?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1563 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:53:19 »
Got my caps in last week, and I'm very happy with the result, they look and feel fantastic!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

What keys are those on the F-row? I've never seen those before and I gotta get myself some.
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1564 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 16:57:00 »
Hope to hear news of the other secret colourway soon!

Only minor issue I've had since using these is the right shift has popped free a couple of times.

Doesn't feel unusually loose, and the stem looks as it should. Might be a novatouch stab issue, my habit of hitting the extreme left edge or I've a stronger pinkie than I realised.

Hopefully those coveted ISO shapes will eventually appear in time, even just blanks would be nice.

You could try a small square (about 1cm square) of, say, a plastic bag over the stem before you put the keycap on.

Offline garfi3ld

« Reply #1565 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 01:26:59 »
I hope the new baby is going well. Excited to get caps and sliders when he gets back in the saddle

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1566 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 04:57:35 »
I almost forgot I was in on this  gb.

I remember Bunny saying that a purple topre spacebar was being included with this set.

Is a black one going to be included, too?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1567 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 04:59:46 »
Anybody have a solution for the 6u spacebar issue for Topre boards when the cherry sliders drop?
What's the 6u apacebar issue? I've been away for a bit.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1568 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 06:47:19 »
Anybody have a solution for the 6u spacebar issue for Topre boards when the cherry sliders drop?
What's the 6u apacebar issue? I've been away for a bit.

The MX spacebars included in the set are 6.25u and 7u long so they wouldn't fit a Topre board

Bunny has already addressed this by graciously including 6u Topre spacebars in any order that included sliders

Offline JT Keycaps

• * Vendor
« Reply #1569 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 12:03:03 »

I remember Bunny saying that a purple topre spacebar was being included with this set.

Topre spacebar is included in the slider sets.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1570 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 15:09:14 »

Topre spacebar is included in the slider sets.
Yea. I know it's coming with the sliders.

I just want to know if it's just the purple colored spacebar or is it a black and purple. (2 spacebars)

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #1571 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 16:33:45 »
What keys are those on the F-row? I've never seen those before and I gotta get myself some.

Glow in the dark keys. I believe they're from the Raptor gaming k1.

Offline darkclone24

« Reply #1572 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 07:53:04 »

My caps were shipped to my parents' place, but I'll be getting them this weekend. So long as I remember I'll try to include a shot with RGBW on my Choc Mini.
RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1573 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 01:30:41 »
Full on sun - the colours are a bit washed out :(

JTK WoB:

115463-0

+ GMK purple:

115465-1

+ GMK CMYW:

115467-2

+ GMK RGBW:

115469-3

Offline CG

« Reply #1574 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 06:27:03 »

JTK WoB:

(Attachment Link)

+ GMK purple:

(Attachment Link)

+ GMK CMYW:

(Attachment Link)

+ GMK RGBW:

(Attachment Link)

trampoline shots?  :p
I need to get cmyw mods for my set, looks good.

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #1575 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 12:49:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow... the black set looks great with the CMYK modifiers.... The purple modifiers also look great as well!  Good job.

Offline Wulkes

« Reply #1576 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 10:09:11 »
any extra black sets available?

I would sift through the thread to find out but I'm trying to hit my 100 post min for bro so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Flossed

• Hai
« Reply #1577 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 16:09:22 »
any extra black sets available?

I would sift through the thread to find out but I'm trying to hit my 100 post min for bro so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, Bunny has extras of everything. Just keep in mind that he is dealing with personal life stuff right now.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1578 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 23:28:43 »

JTK WoB:

(Attachment Link)

+ GMK purple:

(Attachment Link)

+ GMK CMYW:

(Attachment Link)

+ GMK RGBW:

(Attachment Link)

trampoline shots?  :p
I need to get cmyw mods for my set, looks good.

Heh yeah, I've found that black provides a better background for many of the coloured keycaps.

But not in full sunlight :rolleyes:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1579 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:23:23 »
hey guys, very sorry i havent been around much

there will be a ton of shipping notifications going out in the next couple of days and we can get this wrapped up asap

thank you for your patience
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Want

« Reply #1580 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:51:07 »

there will be a ton of shipping notifications going out in the next couple of days and we can get this wrapped up asap

Woo, nice! Will be awaiting anxiously.

Don't strain yourself too hard now, though.

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #1581 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:11:03 »
Does it mean the extra sliders are coming soon too?  :)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1582 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:19:34 »
Does it mean the extra sliders are coming soon too?  :)
+1 for the question and will we still get the chance to order a second set :X don't stress your self too much bunny at all I honestly expected these after Christmas with everything you have going on your a real started
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1583 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:21:00 »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1584 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:47:13 »

Show Image

Yes! My thoughts exactly.

Offline braidn

« Reply #1585 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 06:58:35 »
Woot! Super excited. Has anyone received their sliders? Thoughts?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1586 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:44:16 »

Will we still get to pick our slider colors? I totally understand if it isn't feasible.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - 70% shipped
« Reply #1587 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:02:43 »

Will we still get to pick our slider colors? I totally understand if it isn't feasible.

Yeah basically what has happened is, when we made the stabilised large slider, we didn't take in to account the extra stabilising mounting points on keys such as backspace, so all the sliders are done and ready but we are still fidgeting with that 1 slider to make it so users don't have to destroy the underside of key caps to solve clearance issues on a real force, they are nearly done but me and jtk have made the decision to send the sets now and then the sliders

To apologise for his delay, every set of sliders will now come with 3 different cherry profile topre spacebars, one in white, one in purple and one in black and me and jtk are going to split the additional shipping cost between us so there will be no additional cost to the end user

I want to get the sets out so that we can discover any packing issues and damage and be able to get those keys out to people asap so we can wrap this up

I'm typing this on a phone, the reason I didn't include it in he message above is I wanted to do it at my desk where I have some pics and all the info, but that is the gist of it

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1588 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:04:57 »

Yeah basically what has happened is, when we made the stabilised large slider, we didn't take in to account the extra stabilising mounting points on keys such as backspace, so all the sliders are done and ready but we are still fidgeting with that 1 slider to make it so users don't have to destroy the underside of key caps to solve clearance issues on a real force, they are nearly done but me and jtk have made the decision to send the sets now and then the sliders

To apologise for his delay, every set of sliders will now come with 3 different cherry profile topre spacebars, one in white, one in purple and one in black and me and jtk are going to split the additional shipping cost between us so there will be no additional cost to the end user

I want to get the sets out so that we can discover any packing issues and damage and be able to get those keys out to people asap so we can wrap this up

I'm typing this on a phone, the reason I didn't include it in he message above is I wanted to do it at my desk where I have some pics and all the info, but that is the gist of it
Awesome as always, thanks for letting us know!

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #1589 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:27:18 »
How much a single set of sliders is going to be? Judging by the group buy prices it's ~$20-30, but I'm definitely willing to pay more if needed :)

Offline Bomble

« Reply #1590 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 08:43:25 »

Damn, buying this set + sliders just keeps getting better! Please don't feel like you need to rush it out for us though, we understand you've got a lot on your plate. Do whatever is best for you at this (very important!!) time. Thanks as always though :)

Offline djchup

• i write code
« Reply #1591 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:00:33 »
I hope there's another GB similar to this one soon...

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #1592 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:31:11 »
I hope there's another GB similar to this one soon...

There will be extras of these sets available on https://ctrlalt.io/ eventually.

Offline chromatically

« Reply #1593 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:33:53 »

:D props to you guys going the extra mile for this GB. super excited to see the sliders especially... must be patient!!!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1594 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:42:52 »
Think there is a second JTK buy coming up on the CTRLalt board too

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1595 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:45:28 »
Along with the surprise set bunny hasn't advertised yet. :D

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #1596 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 15:52:27 »

Yes, that "in the ballpark of Classic Beige" he alluded to: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75635.msg1887765#msg1887765

Offline orangeju1ce

« Reply #1597 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 16:35:12 »
Thank you! I can't wait for my set to arrive 😊

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1598 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 16:48:30 »
Cool cool. Sorry to hear you'll have to eat up some shipping costs though.

Really appreciate the update and the hard work to get this set as well made as possible :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1599 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 06:13:27 »

Yes, that "in the ballpark of Classic Beige" he alluded to: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75635.msg1887765#msg1887765

thatll be in the new store as soon as i feel comfortable enough to be able to ship it as orders come in and not keep people waiting