Author Topic: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped  (Read 458294 times)

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped
« Reply #1650 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 05:12:54 »
In my testing I've found that LEDs sold as purple will almost always be more pink than purple, and the only way I've found to get closer to the blue spectrum was by using UV LEDs.
I've heard that from a few people. I'm hesitant with UV, due to their brightness. If you have any recommendations for a good purple led, I would appreciate it.

Offline joey

« Reply #1651 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 05:18:14 »
Bunny: Wondering if my set(s) went out too? Since I didn't have an order number.

Also I think it's awesome with the fixes to the legacy keys etc!

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #1652 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 06:56:59 »
Got my shipping notification the yesterday, can't wait!

Just a quick question about the shipping: do we getting a tracking number? I can't see one on my order history or in the shipping notification email.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #1653 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 07:07:22 »
She isn't 100% done yet, but nearly there.

Thanks especially for the Windowed caps lock. Having that contextual caps lock is a real wow factor. Still need to put in the underglow LEDs and some programming, but overall I think that...

Show Image

I will post better pictures once its daytime and the Krap goes on there. Purple Anodized plate, Sprit white PCB, mixture of purple and white clear LEDs (so not visible when off), and Gateron Blues with 62g gp springs.
Mind letting me know where you got your purple LEDs? I need some for an upcoming build and haven't found ones that I am confident will look purple.

I found some 3mm UV LEDs that were quite purple and used them on a recent board:

I got them here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-3mm-Purple-Violet-UV-Round-Flangeless-Water-Clear-LED-Leds-Resistors-/221550742330?hash=item3395740b3a

I ended up not keeping them on the board though, the 3mm LEDs on the switch bottom did not play nice with the JTK set, I ended up switching to 1.8mm purple LEDs which were decidedly more pink, then finally switching them to white.

Offline Prankk

« Reply #1654 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 07:29:49 »
In my testing I've found that LEDs sold as purple will almost always be more pink than purple, and the only way I've found to get closer to the blue spectrum was by using UV LEDs.
I've heard that from a few people. I'm hesitant with UV, due to their brightness. If you have any recommendations for a good purple led, I would appreciate it.

If you decide to go with the uv purple zeal has some on his website.

Offline renne

« Reply #1655 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 07:38:58 »
Still haven't received any notification yet :'(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1656 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:31:22 »

all orders sent, try your junk folder, either way they are all out now and dropped off today rather than tomorrow

also ill just note it here again

i havent got time to browse the forum at the moment, so if you have any questions at all, email me is best, or pm me if not that, but asking in the threads may require a fair amount of patience
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:33:58 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #1657 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:47:49 »

So these are from a different vendor, but they are the same as what max keyboards sells: http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-magenta-pink-3mm-flangeless-replacement-led-for-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-10-pcs.html

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1658 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 15:02:32 »

all orders sent, try your junk folder, either way they are all out now and dropped off today rather than tomorrow

i havent got time to browse the forum at the moment, so if you have any questions at all, email me is best, or pm me if not that, but asking in the threads may require a fair amount of patience
Sqeeee I didn't get a email but nevermind its royal mail anyway so it will get here in a day or so :D
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1659 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:45:51 »
Quick question - did anything come of what colour sliders people will be receiving? I remember there being a few different colours but don't know which ones to expect with my order

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1660 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 18:42:00 »
Quick question - did anything come of what colour sliders people will be receiving? I remember there being a few different colours but don't know which ones to expect with my order

I asked about this a few posts ago, but didn't receive any reply.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Bomble

« Reply #1661 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 18:43:56 »

To my knowledge, what's being shipped doesn't include the sliders as they were delayed a little further. So I think choosing a preference is yet to come.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1662 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 18:58:47 »

To my knowledge, what's being shipped doesn't include the sliders as they were delayed a little further. So I think choosing a preference is yet to come.

Oh I assumed that they were shipping? I haven't seen anything mentioned to suggest that they were still being waiting on or did I miss something?

Offline Bomble

« Reply #1663 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:12:48 »

Oh I assumed that they were shipping? I haven't seen anything mentioned to suggest that they were still being waiting on or did I miss something?

I found the post here :)

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71630.msg1920147#msg1920147

So they're still messing with one slider to get it perfect, but sent out the sets early so that they can sort out any issues/replacements rather than waiting on the sliders and then doing it all at once.

Sounds like it shouldn't be too long though!

Offline garfi3ld

« Reply #1664 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 19:33:32 »

Sqeeee I didn't get a email but nevermind its royal mail anyway so it will get here in a day or so :D

Same no email but looking forward to them coming in

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1665 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 00:32:59 »

I found the post here :)

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71630.msg1920147#msg1920147

So they're still messing with one slider to get it perfect, but sent out the sets early so that they can sort out any issues/replacements rather than waiting on the sliders and then doing it all at once.

Sounds like it shouldn't be too long though!

Thanks man didn't see that

Offline renne

« Reply #1666 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:21:47 »

Nothing in my inbox, neither the junk folder.
I've send you several pms about my orders since last month. Or could you give me your email address?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1667 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 04:34:05 »
Got my set in the post today they look rather nice as well, didn't have much time to check though as I was on the way to workn:X also to confirm for others sliders are separate from these shipped out bunny left a little card in mine saying so :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 November 2015, 07:01:28 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1668 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 10:41:46 »
So bunny said we may be able to buy left overs from his site soon, right?

Can we buy single caps? I'm looking for an extra left shift (purple) to use on my fc660.

Offline Psykick

« Reply #1669 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 11:42:19 »

Nothing in my inbox, neither the junk folder.
I've send you several pms about my orders since last month. Or could you give me your email address?

I'm in the same boat as you man. Ordered a set of extras more than month ago still haven't received a notification. My zealio build is complete, just waiting on that JTK!

EDIT: PMed bunny apparently it has been shipped! Will confirm when I get my tracking number.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:09:46 by Psykick »

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #1670 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 13:41:35 »
So rpeterclark, PsyKick....we all basically had the exact same idea!

Acrylic Frosted Case + Purple Plate + Gateron/Zealios + JTK Keycaps  all in a neat 60% consortium.

I have Claimed the Texas edition of this, only because hopefully you all don't live in Texas.

Offline Psykick

« Reply #1671 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:11:12 »
So rpeterclark, PsyKick....we all basically had the exact same idea!

Acrylic Frosted Case + Purple Plate + Gateron/Zealios + JTK Keycaps  all in a neat 60% consortium.

I have Claimed the Texas edition of this, only because hopefully you all don't live in Texas.

Well, you know what they say: great minds think alike! It's a match made in heaven. Can't wait for my JTK caps to arrive.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:14:18 by Psykick »

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #1672 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:55:51 »

Got them today. Almost made a correctly contoured planck.

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #1673 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:20:22 »
Got mine yesterday, sent through the Royal Mail?
Anyway can't wait to try them out, got a Dolch PAC board that these are destined for  :cool:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1674 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:26:27 »
hey folks, everything is now 100% dropped off, found a couple straggler orders still needed to go out

if you have a pm order that was never on the site, and that you havent received

please can you send me your current address and what you are expecting, ill have it packed on sunday and dropped off monday

some time next week we will be both puttibng the extras of this buy and some things you havent seen yet from jtk up in the store, as well as launching the new jtk buy

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1675 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:43:13 »
hey folks, everything is now 100% dropped off, found a couple straggler orders still needed to go out

please can you send me your current address and what you are expecting, ill have it packed on sunday and dropped off monday

some time next week we will be both puttibng the extras of this buy and some things you havent seen yet from jtk up in the store, as well as launching the new jtk buy

Great news Bunny!
I hope that you, the misses and the little one are doing well  :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1676 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 05:55:19 »

Great news Bunny!

yeah its been a hard long week, but its my birthday tomorrow, so should have a nice rest, and the rousey fight

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1677 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 06:07:30 »

Great news Bunny!

yeah its been a hard long week, but its my birthday tomorrow, so should have a nice rest, and the rousey fight
Happy birthday!
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #1678 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 06:36:48 »

Great news Bunny!

Happy birthday! Hope you have some well-deserved rest :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1679 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:04:14 »

Great news Bunny!

Happy birthday Bun! Enjoy the cake

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #1680 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 07:20:18 »

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #1681 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 16:45:53 »

Great news Bunny!

Happy Early Getting Old Day Greetings!
Excited to see what new JTK stuff at the store.
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1682 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 17:30:26 »
Happy birthday bunny!  :-*

I can't wait to get this set. Sadly I won't be able to put it on anything, because my board is packed up a in moving trailer.  :'(

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1683 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 17:57:36 »
Happy birthday bunny!  :-*

I can't wait to get this set. Sadly I won't be able to put it on anything, because my board is packed up a in moving trailer.  :'(

Hurry up and finish moving!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1684 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 16:51:11 »
I know its when its done its done but any, any rough idea of when the sliders will be shipping bunny do you think they will get shipped before the end of the year? :X

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1685 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 15:55:11 »
Just received my JTK Debut.  :thumb: Base kit + purple on white mods.

JTK vs GMK's HyperFuse
Spacebar: Top - JTK Bottom - GMK
1u:  Left- GMK - Right - JTK
Backspace: Top - JTK Bottom-GMK

I just got these HyperFuse so I might just put aside the JTK til the sliders arrives. :) Thanks again JTK and Bunny for this set!  :thumb:

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1686 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 17:35:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

JTK vs GMK's HyperFuse
Show Image

Show Image

I just got these HyperFuse so I might just put aside the JTK til the sliders arrives. :) Thanks again JTK and Bunny for this set!  :thumb:

Those colors look great. Wish I could have gotten them as well.

Finally got my WoB set out and checked it over.

Two things I observed.

The thickness of the letters looks inconsistent. For example the G looks bold compared to the keys around it. This could be a lighting issue.

Top stab insert on the numpad enter key was shallow. Had to trim about a 1/3 of the costar stab insert for it to fit in all the way.

Everything else had a good fit and seated down nice. The set looks great and feels great to type on. Coming from thin ABS it changed the sound of the mx blues as well.

This image is garbage:

More
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1687 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 18:07:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

JTK vs GMK's HyperFuse
Show Image

Show Image

Oh man, the color looks amazing! I can't wait to get mine.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1688 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 18:12:41 »
Has the picture of the sliders been posted yet? I'm debating on whether to wait for the extra set with sliders or just get a Novatouch and be done with it.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1689 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 18:59:18 »
Was there any discussion of making some dsa or sa profile 6u topre spacebars?

You can make them compatible with GBs that have already been completed or soon to be completed.

Maybe like for the Troubled Minds set. Hint, hint! ;)

Offline ccc24

• HHKB , Ergodox
« Reply #1690 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 19:03:02 »
I'm curious on the status of the sliders as well. Will the sliders by themselves be available in the store anytime soon?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1691 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 19:20:54 »
Supporting the vendors who supported this first JTK GB, KeyPop have some sets available: http://www.keypop.net/products
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline chromatically

« Reply #1692 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 20:40:51 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

JTK vs GMK's HyperFuse
Show Image

Show Image

these look really high quality. thanks for the comparison pics :)
so excited to get my sets!

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1693 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 21:34:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

JTK vs GMK's HyperFuse
Show Image

Show Image

these look really high quality. thanks for the comparison pics :)
so excited to get my sets!

You're welcome.  :D  Comparing the difference at the bottom of each keycap, JTK's bottom are flawless and uniformed, but not 100%. The quality is also good, but there are def room for improvements. Like what others mentioned, there is inconsistency on lettering. I actually like the smaller fonts of GMK's more  than on this JTK's. Overall, the set is great especially that this is JTK's first set.  :thumb:

Here's my B.87 with combination of JTK's and GMK's HyperFuse!  :p

http://imgur.com/a/txS75

Edit: someone please send me a windowed cherry R1 in purple  :p
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 November 2015, 21:37:48 by adamski07 »

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #1694 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 21:35:31 »
edited

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1695 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 03:10:03 »
Supporting the vendors who supported this first JTK GB, KeyPop have some sets available: http://www.keypop.net/products

they will also be on ctrl alt and about gb price this week

basically gb price plus payment fees so about 60 for purple and 55 for black

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1696 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 03:21:13 »

they will also be on ctrl alt and about gb price this week

basically gb price plus payment fees so about 60 for purple and 55 for black

Good to know, thanks! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #1697 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:48:50 »
Will the sliders be available permanently after this, or will they be sold only with group buys?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1698 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 06:20:30 »
Will the sliders be available permanently after this, or will they be sold only with group buys?
I believe they said they will be a perminet addition to the store
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #1699 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 06:21:20 »
Then so will I! Or something else that makes sense...