Author Topic: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (FINALIZING)  (Read 297127 times)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Re: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (Sorry! GB will reopen after payment to GMK)
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 11:56:09 »
I will try to answer more questions tomorrow, I don't think it's a good idea to answer questions when one is tired :))

It’s never I good idea to start answering questions when you’re tired (even more if english isn’t your first language) 
When you do, please try to answer what the plan is for all the people that wanted to order but couldn’t.

You said that you plan to reopen the buy. In what way? If this is a new GB please give as many details as humanly possible.
- minimum order quantity
- maximum order quantity
- start and end dates for ordering
- start end dates for payments
- date when you will place order to GMK (with proof of order)
- as well as everything you gave before (prices and everything else)

The biggest problem that we (people that wanted to order) had, is that we didn’t have all the details you had in your head and could only base ourselves on what was in the OP.

Thanks  :)

PS: And if for any reason you have any extras from this 1st round, you can put me down for one of everything

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 12:10:56 »
In all honesty I hope this model gets used more often. Having a max OQ makes people really dive in instead of just lounging around until the last second. If you want to run another 150 that's not a bad idea. Like I mentioned earlier I'd like to see more GBs with a smaller required number rather than sitting on something for 3 weeks until the last day and maybe grab like 10 more orders.

I'm still sympathetic for the people that didn't get in, but remember justnits did mention he wouldn't mind doing another one at the same price point. Don't get salty just because someone doesn't want to take on the extra load of organizing the GB. Honestly justnits you're doing a great job and as long as you keep us updated with all the movement (pictures would be nice too) I don't see anyone complaining.

Good luck justnits, let's see some updates soon. :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 12:13:17 »
It's his gb to run however he wants, it's not made to tailor to others, he is putting his vision of his idea in to the world, and it's up to others who wants to join on his terms

Me and justnits have had a couple issues (all my fault) and he has proven himself to me to be organised, polite, patient and accommodating, all skills that will serve him incredibly well running buys

I wish you every success, the set looks great
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 12:57:27 »
It's his gb to run however he wants, it's not made to tailor to others, he is putting his vision of his idea in to the world, and it's up to others who wants to join on his terms

Me and justnits have had a couple issues (all my fault) and he has proven himself to me to be organised, polite, patient and accommodating, all skills that will serve him incredibly well running buys

Agreed. However, He did not mention in the OP that there would be a maximum order quantity. I think that you'll agree that this is a pretty important detail to leave out. Secondly, he specifically said that ordering would be open until the end of the month, whereas he closed the buy two weeks early.

So, while this does not make justnits a bad person (I don't think that anyone has made that accusation) based on recent events, people are understandably nervous when a GB does not proceed as outlined in the GB's OP.

His was an error of omission. If you want people to trust and do business with you, full disclosure is your friend. Then, obviously, it is necessary to follow through on the commitments that you've made. If an adjustment ever becomes necessary, due to unforeseen events, you must ALWAYS explain this to the customer up front, BEFORE unilaterally changing the terms of the deal / contract.

I'm sure that justnits is everything that you say that he is and more. Hopefully he will treat this as a learning experience, instead of just a bollocking and his future GBs and business dealings will be even more successful as a result.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 13:02:14 »

Agreed. However, He did not mention in the OP that there would be a maximum order quantity. I think that you'll agree that this is a pretty important detail to leave out. Secondly, he specifically said that ordering would be open until the end of the month, whereas he closed the buy two weeks early.

So, while this does not make justnits a bad person (I don't think that anyone has made that accusation) based on recent events, people are understandably nervous when a GB does not proceed as outlined in the GB's OP.

His was an error of omission. If you want people to trust and do business with you, full disclosure is your friend. Then, obviously, it is necessary to follow through on the commitments that you've made. If an adjustment ever becomes necessary, due to unforeseen events, you must ALWAYS explain this to the customer up front, BEFORE unilaterally changing the terms of the deal / contract.

I'm sure that justnits is everything that you say that he is and more. Hopefully he will treat this as a learning experience, instead of just a bollocking and his future GBs and business dealings will be even more successful as a result.

+1 What this ^^ guy said  :thumb:

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 14:47:49 »

Any implicit deal/contract that existed between those who entered and justnits remains unchanged; people are still paying the same amount for a keyset. There's literally zero reason to be skeptical as a participant, as nothing from your perspective is different except that you'll get your set earlier.

There never existed a deal/contract with those who didn't enter into the group buy. Next time, don't drag your heels. Lesson learned: things change and buys might close at unexpected times for whatever reason. So be it. This won't be your last opportunity to get a beige keyset, and justnits has explicitly said that there will be another opportunity to get this exact one. Let's trust him on that instead of assuming the worst of the situation.

Offline mtzgr

• My youtube
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 16:01:57 »
I like how justnits does business.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 16:52:59 »
I will never understand why people feel entitled to something.

It is not entitlement to note a discrepancy between plan and execution. 

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #208 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 17:11:31 »
Only 47 were sold for the base sets. I know because Justin is using my site. He told me that with his way, the sets will be delivered in June/July.

Seriously, he just doesn't want those who have paid to wait 5-6 months, or even more than a year. It's his first/second time running Groupbuy, please be nice to him.

Show Image

+1

I have not read through all the comments, there seems to be a lot of pitchforks out there, but these buys can take ages, and everyone leaves paying to the very end. This GB even offered a deposit system, which I thought was brilliant for those who couldn't afford it immediately.

+100

It is his GB, there may be discrepencies, but hey, again this is not a business, this is someone doing something for the community. Should everything have been laid out, maybe, but then again things will get forgotten, some GB's have more detail than others, some are quicker, some offer less for more, some run away with your money.

The common factor seems to be the witch hunt when everyone is not happy. I am sure sets will appear on the mechmarket, i am sure there will be extras, let's be patient and see what happens.

You're doing a great job justnits, I would love to see this race to the finish line in front of some of the other GB's

:thumb:

Offline justnits

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 00:46:33 »
Hi again everyone!

I am still new in handling such GB, and I am trying to find the balance here as to how many sets I can handle without breaking myself or cause the whole GB to delay due to extra orders or extended deadlines. Just so you guys know, if I re-open the order, it's not a new order or R2, but a continuation from where I close it. There's no first batch or second batch, everyone's order will reach to me at the same time.

I know I can't please or meet everyone's request/expectations, but I try to do that without changing my preferred pace/method too much, because at the end of the day, I am responsible for whatever I promised in this GB, not the people who request for it. I apologize if this GB doesn't run the way how some people like it, but I only can make changes if it's within my reach.

More updates to come next week.

Anyway, I receive a reply from GMK late last night.
Personal details erased out.

| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline wodan

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 02:27:26 »
I'm still leaning towards "YES I MADE IT IN" here ;)

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 05:52:39 »

Please reopen it again. I can't believe I forgot adding some spacebars./...
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline Malenky

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 08:36:09 »
Well despite my mixed feelings about ISO (personal bias), I got into this before the temporary close! The way I see it is, I have a 60% Infinity on the way, and any other future purchases will be in ANSI, so its a long term investment. Really looking forward to this, as I love the classic beige aesthetic; the extra colours being adequately subtle as to not detract from that.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 08:46:42 »

Show Image

Thank you for the update!

Offline justnits

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 23 March 2016, 09:28:38 »

Hi WNovizar,

the GB will re-open soon after receiving payment confirmation from GMK.
there will be plenty of spacebars available, don't worry :)
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline Rarabka233

« Reply #215 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 05:07:10 »
I honestly freaked out a bit when I went to go and order and saw it was listed as out of stock.  I thought I had missed out!

I eagerly await the group buy reopening.   ;D

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 08:28:22 »

Hi WNovizar,

the GB will re-open soon after receiving payment confirmation from GMK.
there will be plenty of spacebars available, don't worry :)

Haha..  This is a great hype generating tactics. I tip my hat in respect.

Now I want more space bars as well!!

Offline geniekid

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 24 March 2016, 09:21:36 »
Hi again everyone!

I am still new in handling such GB, and I am trying to find the balance here as to how many sets I can handle without breaking myself or cause the whole GB to delay due to extra orders or extended deadlines. Just so you guys know, if I re-open the order, it's not a new order or R2, but a continuation from where I close it. There's no first batch or second batch, everyone's order will reach to me at the same time.

I know I can't please or meet everyone's request/expectations, but I try to do that without changing my preferred pace/method too much, because at the end of the day, I am responsible for whatever I promised in this GB, not the people who request for it. I apologize if this GB doesn't run the way how some people like it, but I only can make changes if it's within my reach.

More updates to come next week.

Anyway, I receive a reply from GMK late last night.
Personal details erased out.
Show Image

Thanks for this.

Offline Wulkes

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 14:43:08 »
Excited for the buy to reopen. This is probably the nicest set I've ever seen.

Offline justnits

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:00:06 »
Just a little update: We've receive invoice from GMK already, right now it's trying to find the time to go to the bank to make the payments to GMK.

What to expect next: Next update would be the confirmation of payment from GMK and re-opens GB.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:39:41 by justnits »
| | | |

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:03:01 »
Just a little update: We've receive invoice from GMK already, right now it's trying to find the time to go to the bank to make the payments to GMK.

What to expect next: Next update would be the confirmation of payment from GMK.

And then re-opening, right?  :p

Offline justnits

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:39:16 »

What to expect next: Next update would be the confirmation of payment from GMK.

And then re-opening, right?  :p

Yes, re-open GB as well  :p

What to expect next: Next update would be the confirmation of payment from GMK [AND re-open GB]

| | | |

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #222 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:59:48 »
great!!waiting for re  open

Offline Vaun

• ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 03:35:51 »
Would anyone consider selling their R2 1.5u backspace and R1 1u \| key?

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 16:45:27 »
Sorry to be annoying. I am torn between this set and the retro classic set. It looks like they offer the same base but have different extra keys for non standard layouts and different flavour keys. I'll have to make a decision by April 17 as that is when retro GMK closes. Will this GB have reopened by then? and I wasn't clear whether the re-opened GB will have to reach an MOQ or if orders are certain

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:31:29 »

Buy both and sell the other one later. You'll get cost if not more.
Sorry to be annoying. I am torn between this set and the retro classic set. It looks like they offer the same base but have different extra keys for non standard layouts and different flavour keys. I'll have to make a decision by April 17 as that is when retro GMK closes. Will this GB have reopened by then? and I wasn't clear whether the re-opened GB will have to reach an MOQ or if orders are certain

Offline justnits

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 20:52:05 »

It's not annoying, nobody will bash you for asking questions.
We have already submitted payments to GMK, just waiting for their confirmation email.
Once I got them, I will open-up the order again.
| | | |

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 21:57:26 »
I'm definitely in when it reopens.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 11:52:32 »
I'll order some spacebars after the GB re-opens.

Hopefully I won't miss the ordering window  ;)

Offline justnits

« Reply #229 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:07:29 »
Alright guys, GB is now open! :)

GMK received our payment for this set already.
They estimated to ship to me by June.

Screen shot of the email.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:09:08 by justnits »
| | | |

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:18:13 »
Alright guys, GB is now open! :)

GMK received our payment for this set already.
They estimated to ship to me by June.

Screen shot of the email.
Show Image

Where/How do we order?

Never mind!

Also, do the coupons still work?

Never mind again!
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:27:58 by romevi »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (GB REOPENS! Ends 14/4/16)
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:38:23 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:35:55 by alienman82 »

Offline omgar

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:40:15 »
Yessssss. Ordered! Beautiful set with some interesting history behind it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:40:26 »
Put an order for a main set. I still can't believe how large the offer is just for the main; at $140, it seems to be a pretty good bargain.

Offline omgar

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 11:54:04 »
Put an order for a main set. I still can't believe how large the offer is just for the main; at $140, it seems to be a pretty good bargain.

Yeah, I'm really happy with the keys that were chosen. I was confused at first with the extra set of Del, PgDn, PgUp, End, but I realize now that it will be perfect for my upcoming Octagon :D

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #235 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:36:27 »
i am really surprised that we have two GMK beige group buys running concurrently right now, when the first one failed not even a year ago. what's the secret for getting GMK group buys to hit MOQ?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:40:19 »
i am really surprised that we have two GMK beige group buys running concurrently right now, when the first one failed not even a year ago. what's the secret for getting GMK group buys to hit MOQ?

Pay for it entirely upfront and then sell the orders.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:40:27 »

By not having an MOQ

Offline sairex

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 14:13:34 »
Thanks for keeping us updated with screenshots, much appreciated!

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 20:55:37 »
Thanks justnits for the update. Appreciate that you're starting this type of approach for GBs.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 21:17:36 »
Thanks for reopening, Just ordered some led packs
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline justnits

« Reply #241 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 22:03:50 »

Sometimes, you just have to start it lol! But I am guessing it's probably due to the community becoming more appreciative towards GMK keycaps.

Thanks for keeping us updated with screenshots, much appreciated!

Thank you!

I've ordered already, but looking at the website again has me excited!  Such a cool cap set :thumb:

Haha! Thank you, and sorry for your wallet. #sorrynosorry
| | | |

Offline justnits

Re: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (GB REOPENS! Pls buy spacebars :( )
« Reply #242 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 00:27:28 »
I'd like to point out that the sales of the spacebar is quite low. Here's the number for the spacebar order against 150 MOQ.

Spacebars ordered
White: <50%
Beige: <50%
Pink: ~70%
Olive: ~70%

Unlike Massdrop, the spacebar will be delivered even if it doesn't reach 150 units ordered, but what this means is the remaining spacebar will be out from my own pocket
and I probably can change my spacebar everyday without having to use the same spacebar twice.
I will appreciate it very much if you guys can chip to order some more spacebars for yourself or as a gift to others.

Thanks for reopening, Just ordered some led packs

Thanks justnits for the update. Appreciate that you're starting this type of approach for GBs.

Thank you all for your kind words and thank you for participating as well, maybe perhaps you guys can try to order some spacebars as well?  ;D
| | | |

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 00:39:29 »
I already stretched my budget this month for buying spacebars.....
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 00:43:17 »
Thank you all for your kind words and thank you for participating as well, maybe perhaps you guys can try to order some spacebars as well?  ;D

Sure. Down for the spacebars except the white one. How would this work though? Would that be a separate shipping?

Offline gain

« Reply #245 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 00:50:02 »
I'll be tacking on some spacebars when I get around to ordering tonight  :thumb:

Tried at work but the site didn't agree with the glorious internet connection here.

Probably means I'm supposed to do work or something idk  :blank:

Offline Jumie

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 01:09:20 »
Ordered.. Can't miss this one

Offline justnits

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 01:18:53 »
I'll be tacking on some spacebars when I get around to ordering tonight  :thumb:

Tried at work but the site didn't agree with the glorious internet connection here.

Probably means I'm supposed to do work or something idk  :blank:

Ordered.. Can't miss this one

Sure. Down for the spacebars except the white one. How would this work though? Would that be a separate shipping?

Thank you all for your support. :)
No, if you have already ordered other kits from 9009 GB, we'll refund you the shipping charges done for separate orders since we'll ship them together anyway, but kindly put in a remark on your order that you have previously ordered something from 9009 GB.
| | | |

Offline macharius

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 03:29:02 »
Ordered!

Cherry 9009|2016 ( 9009 packs: Main Pack )
Cherry 9009|2016 ( 9009 packs: ESC Pack (4 keys)
Cherry 9009|2016 ( 9009 packs: 3c Spacebars (7u + 6.25u)

I didnt received any confirmation email... I hope its all ok?

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #249 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 05:16:43 »
Added 3 spacebars for me.  :)