geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK Rainy Day | Production Complete! Shipping has began!

(1/18) > >>

Owl:

About the set |

For many of us, the rain has a strong influence on how we think and feel. Each person can feel something profoundly
different than the other; Relaxation, a clear mind, subtle sadness, dramatic nostalgia, or utter hopelessness. GMK Rainy Days
is a dedication to these feelings. I wanted to design a set that not only had a theme, but a strong and dramatic mood and atmosphere.

My inspiration for this set comes from two main sources. The rain, of course, and brutalist/oppressive architecture and the
dramatic role it plays in how we interpret and reflect. The stark presence of raw or bare material making up the world we live in.
From buildings to bridges to the streetlights that are always watching us. I have always felt like props stand out as monoliths when
we find ourselves engulfed by the cool overcast air, thinking about a memory, a loved one, or the uncertainty of the future.

Thank you for taking the time to read and review my work and I welcome all criticism you can offer.

Kits |

Base

Sidewalks

Hangul

Petrichor

Colors |

(Direct natural lighting)

Desk Mats |

Streetlight:

Concrete:

Renders |
By Abec13

Vendors and Pricing |

Keycaps and Deskmats |
United States: Kono
Canada: DeskHero
Europe: CandyKeys
Asia: ZFrontier
Oceania: Daily Clack

Cables |
SwiftCables

Pre-Production Samples and Feedback |

Updates |

5/22/2020 - Pre-Production Samples arrived
10/6/2020 - Group Buy Started!

Banner Link:

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=104278.0][img width=316 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/fwoejR1.png[/img][/url]
--- End code ---

WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA

elmo:
in!  :D

Blastoise:
This is the set I'm most excited for this year! Thank you for making this!

trg1234:
Been eyeing this since day 1. Hope the gb goes well

hkhawk:
Yes, I grabbed this

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version