geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] GMK Rainy Day | Production Complete! Shipping has began!

<< < (16/18) > >>

Owl:
Hey folks! Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season.

Just wanted to provide some updates:

GMK Rainy Day keycaps:
After much deliberation on the color samples, I am announcing that I am approving the R3 samples! This was the only color we were waiting approval on before production.

The decision to approve the round 3 samples is backed by Nebulants data, by comparisons made against the color chip, and by looking at the sample against the other colors and in various environments.

The data shows that round 3 was the closest matching sample to the color chips with a Delta of 3.52. To reiterate what that means, as Nebulant has described it:

a Delta of ~1 requires machinery to detect any kind of noticeable difference
a Delta of ~2 can be noticed by the naked eye under strict comparison circumstances.
a Delta of ~3 is easier to be discerned by the naked eye but still requires side by side comparison.

With that in mind, I put the 3 samples against the other samples under various lighting, (natural, harsh white, yellow, dark) to discern which of the samples "fit" the overall scheme better based on color warmth/coolness, saturation, brightness.

In all of the test, except yellow lighting, Round 3 either obviously or not as obviously, stood out as the better match.

This makes sense because the inaccurate parts of the R3 sample are on the blue wavelength which is actually, and to my surprise, a more widely available wavelength in every day lighting circumstances.

In summary, the R3 sample was the closest to the color chip based on the measurements of Nebulants fancy color machine and was also the best "human eye" match based on realistic and practical use and environments.

GMK Rainy Day Mats:
Mats have been approved and are already in production. I am still waiting on Kono's professional pictures of the samples.

GMK Rainy Day Artisans:
There was some concern around the artisans in the last month or so regarding one of RAMA's lead designers leaving the company. I want to assure everyone that I have re-established contact with a representative from RAMA and we are still on track with the artisans and nothing has caused a delay other than the normal COVID/Supply Chain stuff that you are used to hearing by now. According to my contact, the artisans have been submitted for production. This was as of 12/9 so they may already be in production.

Thank you to everyone again for your support, patience, and grace. This has been a long and exhausting experience for all of us, especially given the climate of the world right now. We are so close now though and I feel confident that the set is going to turn out amazing for you all!

ryulinho:
Now that the color samples have been approved and the set is in the production queue, are we still on track for Q2 2022 estimate or has GMK (Uniqey) revised the estimate for Q3/Q4 2022?

falzm:
Is there an ETA for this keyset, now that it is in production?

YESWEKEN:
I got an email from Kono.store that GMK Rainy Day is in transit to them and they are reminding everyone to update their addresses. Seems like this is the home stretch now.

Owl:
Greetings!

Hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to post an update for everyone.

GMK Rainy Day:
The time we have all been waiting for is finally here for a few folks and very close for the rest. GMK Rainy Day has finished production and has made its way to many vendors and to people hands! I wanted to say a big thank you again to everyone that participated and supported this group buy not only by joining but by providing feedback through all of the decisions and challenges that were faced. Without the support, guidance, patience, and positivity from the community, this set would still just be a Microsoft Paint image on a crappy laptop.

It's not much but I wanted to show my appreciation by giving away some free Rainy Day stuff! I was sure to get some extras for myself so that I could give them away when the time came. So as soon as the camels make their way to my front door, I will be announcing how you can win kits and mats.

Rainy Day artisans:
I just reached out to my contact at RAMA today to see if there are any updates. Last we heard, the manufacturing was set to be completed by mid-May. So we are probably just right around the corner for the artisans so stay tuned! (Delivery might actually line up very close with most peoples keycap orders as originally hoped for. Image that.)

Thank you all again for your kindness and support! As you receive your stuff, if you have any issues, please reach out to your vendor first and I am sure they will be happy to assist! If for any reason you are unable to reach a vendor, feel free to reach out to me directly and I will be happy to either get you in contact with support or try to make things right myself if I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version