Author Topic: [GB] Piggy - 60% Gasket frame keyboard (GB closed )  (Read 24042 times)

Offline ZongZiWang

Re: [GB] Piggy - 60% Gasket frame keyboard (GB closed )
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 19:04:10 »
Any updates?

Thanks for the remainder!

Before CNY, Jacky has shipped 100+ piggy orders and for whoever received the board, the shipping invoice should be sent to your email (check spam as well, it's a shopify invoice, not a PayPal invoice).

And latest message from Jacky:
It's been almost 2-week since CNY ended, and I (Jacky) have been working on this for more than 1 week already.
The current situation is that many factories reopened but material, workers, manufacturing setup are not fully ready, therefore, the progress on the remaining piggy orders is kind of slow.
We will update in the channel whenever there is update.
We've been trying our best on delivering these orders, no compromise 100%!

Offline Getsome!!!

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 19:15:17 »
Have the purple started to go out?

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 19:28:36 »

In 10 months we're not even 25% shipped. I'd expect another 2 years.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 March 2022, 13:56:20 by kajahtaa »

Offline ogp3

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 07:55:09 »

Not yet! Manufacturing set up, waiting on materials, labour still only slowly reopening/restarting from Chinese New Year. When shipping starts up again, we'll provide an update on geekhack.

Offline less_blank

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 12:29:08 »
Ngl it is a bit of a bummer to see some people having their boards for a couple months while others haven’t even begun manufacturing but it is what it is I guess.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 18:48:24 »

Not yet! Manufacturing set up, waiting on materials, labour still only slowly reopening/restarting from Chinese New Year. When shipping starts up again, we'll provide an update on geekhack.

I think at this point you need to stop calling these kinds of posts “updates”. Actually nothing is better than this
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 March 2022, 19:27:09 by DaaDaa »
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline ogp3

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 07:00:20 »
Ngl it is a bit of a bummer to see some people having their boards for a couple months while others haven’t even begun manufacturing but it is what it is I guess.

I think at this point you need to stop calling these kinds of posts “updates”. Actually nothing is better than this

It may not be what you want to hear, but ZongZiWang and I just report what jacky tells us, which sometimes, is not very detailed. Obviously hearing about delays is frustrating and annoying, but these are the updates we receive from jacky who works on his gbs full time and doesn't always have time to be online, though we have asked for more consistent updates in the past. We'd rather not go into full radio silence, so we share all the updates we are given (either word-for-word, or translated), even if they're not as informational as they could be - especially with geekhack's update policy. As everyone is familiar with, or becomes familiar with as soon as they have a keyboard gb stretch into February, Chinese New Year always has a tendency to shut down everything for the entire month, and then it can take a bit for everything to be back up and operational.

Copied and pasted from an announcement made on the discord:

tl;dr: Shipping will be DELAYED without a super concrete timeline, address change form will be still opened until further notice.

Now here is why it's delayed and also what happened for the past two weeks since the shipping supposed to start:
- For the PC case, during QC (quality control), Jacky found certain cases had stripped screw holes and they are on the way back to be redone (not only for the screw hole, but also re-sanding the case after the screw hole re-worked)
- For the e-beige and e-white cases, during QC, Jacky found not small amount of internal defects, and they are back to e-coating again. They looked okay before e-coating, possibly because the surface being sanded or not easily to discover these defect spots until they are coated.
- For anodized cases, they are not fully done at beginning of December (that's why they are down in the original shipping list), some finished products did not have the perfect quality that Jacky expected and currently the factory is waiting for new material for the anodization process so it's on pause at the moment.

We will update once we have more information regarding any batch of the cases, and hopefully next update is good news and shipping starts. And I will try to nudge Jacky to provide update at least every two weeks so everyone could get the latest status since it's already delayed.

Hopefully this update gave the best transparency for this Group Buy and thanks for everyone's patience and understanding! 

(Personally I'd wish to get a great QC'ed product than a defect one, so I'm really glad Jacky took the time to make sure the final finish of Piggy passing the high standard QC, but I also understood everyone's expecting to get the Piggy before Christmas and it's not likely to happen now 

This was the last concrete update we got on what was left to do, as the update we got from jacky this week was just that the factories were still not fully operational following Chinese New Year. Yes, it is frustrating and a huge bummer to see some people get their boards while you have to wait even more months, but that's just how it is sometimes. There is quite a lot that needs to be redone, it's not fun to have to wait so long but jacky is committed to giving people quality boards so if he feels like some of them are not up to his standard, we need to respect his decision. We do appreciate people's patience when it comes to updates and dealing with manufacturing or shipping delays. We don't enjoy having to give bad news, but we want to keep people informed to the best of our ability, based on the info that we are given.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 March 2022, 07:17:44 by ogp3 »

Offline ogp3

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 09 March 2022, 10:53:02 »
Update from jacky yesterday: batch of 80 units will be shipped this Friday - primarily e-beige, from pictures he gave looks like some multi-piggy orders are going out as well.
On red and purple units jacky says:
"Red and purple case we have ask factory re do it ,it will ship at end of this month ,I will do update when it been updated ! And thanks everyone patiently wait for it
I believe it worth to wait ,since that what I am insist on it
"

Pics from jacky:
283526-0
283528-1

Offline ogp3

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 08 April 2022, 09:45:54 »
Another batch of piggies is preparing to be shipped now! ZongZiWang has sent emails to a number of people who did not include a phone number when placing an order with the subject line "Phone number needed for Piggy60 GB Shipment". Make sure to check your spam folder! Exact number of orders in this batch has not been disclosed, but for the first time it includes some purple piggy orders. Below are photos from jacky:
284727-0
284729-1
284731-2

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 08 April 2022, 15:15:00 »
Still no E-white

Offline Getsome!!!

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 08 April 2022, 15:30:40 »
Another batch of piggies is preparing to be shipped now! ZongZiWang has sent emails to a number of people who did not include a phone number when placing an order with the subject line "Phone number needed for Piggy60 GB Shipment". Make sure to check your spam folder! Exact number of orders in this batch has not been disclosed, but for the first time it includes some purple piggy orders. Below are photos from jacky:

Is it safe to assume not all purples are being shipped out in that batch? I have yet to receive an email. I'll go check my order on the jacky's website now.

Offline ogp3

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 10 April 2022, 08:16:57 »

Is it safe to assume not all purples are being shipped out in that batch? I have yet to receive an email. I'll go check my order on the jacky's website now.

Correct, not all purple orders are in this batch. When your order has been shipped, you will receive an email stating that fact. It's a good idea to check your account information on jacky's website that you've added a phone number to your order, as orders will not ship without one. Having multiple piggies in one order is also a contributing factor, as it is common for these to be shipped in later batches.

There are also going to be some red orders going out in this batch as well! So this batch contains red, purple, ebeige. Some more photos from jacky:
284781-0
284783-1
284785-2
284787-3

Offline Getsome!!!

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 17:16:35 »
Got my today. I'll post pics in a couple weeks when i get around to building it. For some reason I bought an extra PC Plate.. If anyone wants it for a few bucks, let me know.

Offline FAMOUSKBD

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 21:19:58 »
I'm looking forward to having RGB effect. I think it must be great.

Offline Getsome!!!

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 19 April 2022, 17:40:42 »
I'm looking forward to having RGB effect. I think it must be great.

You got the polycorbonate ver. I assume?

Offline ihaveaquestion

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 13:24:06 »
I want a WK myself. Unfortunately, I missed the group buy :/

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 18:23:47 »
i second this, looks like a really fun board to build
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 May 2022, 20:52:12 by granola bar enthusiast »

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 09:26:12 »
Apparently my ewhite is shipping after all
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 May 2022, 00:52:44 by kajahtaa »

Offline Getsome!!!

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 15 May 2022, 23:00:57 »
The purchase link says this is supposed to be VIA compatible, but VIA is not recognizing it on my PC. Has VIA support not been added yet, or is there something  I need to download or update? -Thanks

Offline max.clacks

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 11:20:44 »
The purchase link says this is supposed to be VIA compatible, but VIA is not recognizing it on my PC. Has VIA support not been added yet, or is there something  I need to download or update? -Thanks

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the issue is because the Piggy files have not been merged in to the VIA repo, so you need to do it manually. Check the Discord pinned posts as they have the JSON files there which should enable you to use it with VIA.

Offline Eoen

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 11:47:43 »

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the issue is because the Piggy files have not been merged in to the VIA repo, so you need to do it manually. Check the Discord pinned posts as they have the JSON files there which should enable you to use it with VIA.

Echoing this. There is a file available in the discord that you can load into Via to have the client recognize the hardware.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 25 June 2022, 14:28:03 »
ne plate file avail?