Author Topic: [GB] DCS Solarized Dark - Shipping Now!  (Read 70167 times)

Offline pntm2006

Re: [GB] DCS Solarized Dark - Final Totals In
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 16:47:06 »
Will there be any extras for the Gateron SolDarks?

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 17:52:43 »
Will there be any extras for the Gateron SolDarks?

Yes there will be
ThocKeys.com

Offline Phractals

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 19:25:25 »
Will you be posting all updates regarding the GB here, or is there some other place to stay updated with the progress?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 10:50:05 »
Will you be posting all updates regarding the GB here, or is there some other place to stay updated with the progress?

https://thockeys.com/updates/

thockeys has a section for this on their updates page.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 11:16:37 »

I will be posting updates here, as well as on the page that Puddsy graciously linked above me.  But per geekhack rules, all GB updates are supposed to be posted here, so I will be abiding by that.
ThocKeys.com

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 00:41:01 »
Any news from SP about the Q2 timeline? DCS 9009 is trying to keep it even if SP is missing some materials, is sol dark affected too or it is a problem only for them?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 02:40:24 »
Any news from SP about the Q2 timeline? DCS 9009 is trying to keep it even if SP is missing some materials, is sol dark affected too or it is a problem only for them?

A few weeks ago I was given an estimated ship from SP date that was the third week of April, I'm going to check in first week of April to make sure that still is possible.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Oni74

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 22 March 2022, 16:33:29 »
Given all the mess associated with other keycaps mfgs, I'm pleasantly looking forward to April-ish!!

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 25 March 2022, 18:20:00 »
Wow that's amazing if it can make it april/may/june tbh,
that's for keeping us posted Aiwanei

Offline norm

• My kingdom for convex blanks
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 29 March 2022, 11:18:12 »
Honestly my cynicism won't let me believe this. Please restore my hope SP.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 12 April 2022, 14:59:09 »

A few weeks ago I was given an estimated ship from SP date that was the third week of April, I'm going to check in first week of April to make sure that still is possible.

Any news from SP? Just curious and want to update my own expectations. NP if no news/delays.

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 April 2022, 12:36:46 »

Any news from SP? Just curious and want to update my own expectations. NP if no news/delays.

Hello I did just receive an update about this.  They said that like some other sets there is a delay due to a material supply shortage, and they now expect this to ship to vendors closer to the end of May.
ThocKeys.com

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 05:40:13 »
we still on track? i mean production must've finished by now if we expect to ship to venders closer to the end of may

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 11 May 2022, 06:07:17 »
we still on track? i mean production must've finished by now if we expect to ship to venders closer to the end of may

I'm currently waiting on a reply from SP about the status, will update as soon as I hear back.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 05:38:30 »
Just received the following update from Melissa:

There are still a couple orders ahead of yours in the schedule and I have been trying to get a good feel for when this will be complete. I know I originally said end of May, but right now that won’t be possible. At this point I am hoping for the end of June.
ThocKeys.com

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 16 May 2022, 02:40:43 »
darn it, much appreciated for the updates/follow up  :thumb:

Offline lazergician

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 19:00:45 »
Got my blue Mode65 built, ready and waiting! I cannibalized caps from my Time 80 in the mean time and it looks nice, but can't wait for the blue on blue mood  :cool:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 11:59:44 »
hello, any status update?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 12:04:33 »

On June 9th, Melissa told me that they are still trying to have it done for end of June, but it may slip a couple of weeks into July.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 12:19:50 »

On June 9th, Melissa told me that they are still trying to have it done for end of June, but it may slip a couple of weeks into July.

thank you

Offline JP911

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 13:52:44 »
Man these colors  :eek:

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 14:59:54 »
July timeframe still pretty good, so I'm guessing production/packing should completely finish by end of june? and the rest of the time is just the keycaps getting to the vendors?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 16:51:36 »
July timeframe still pretty good, so I'm guessing production/packing should completely finish by end of june? and the rest of the time is just the keycaps getting to the vendors?

some manus will split out packing time as separate from manufacturing time, but i would assume, with no further delays, we'll get our sets in the next 2-3 months

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #73 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 19:28:12 »
Anyone know if there's gonna be extras? Need some of these for my Boston.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 20:50:50 »

Yes there will be extras, how many and what kits depends on on the vendor.
ThocKeys.com

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 26 June 2022, 10:27:55 »

Yes there will be extras, how many and what kits depends on on the vendor.
Grazie amico.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 12:13:51 »
Just got an update from Melissa, they are now estimated 3 weeks for production, so it will be finished sometime around the 21st of July.  I apologize for all these delays, I have asked for some photos of where production currently is (photos of some of the completed keys) which they are estimating sometime around the middle or end of next week.  Once I receive the photos I will share them here.
ThocKeys.com

Offline GMK83

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 15:00:37 »
Great, now make an ALPS version 😂

Offline robotictomato

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 18:40:52 »
Great, now make an ALPS version 😂

Yes. I would absolutely be in for an Alps version of this set.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 03 July 2022, 22:33:08 »
Just got an update from Melissa, they are now estimated 3 weeks for production, so it will be finished sometime around the 21st of July.  I apologize for all these delays, I have asked for some photos of where production currently is (photos of some of the completed keys) which they are estimating sometime around the middle or end of next week.  Once I receive the photos I will share them here.

thank you! glad to hear we're getting close to the goal line here

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 07:23:14 »
I have received photos of some of the kits and I'm attaching them here. Keep in mind these are just some of the kits and progress is further along than this, but these are the photos I received.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 08:37:59 »
I have received photos of some of the kits and I'm attaching them here. Keep in mind these are just some of the kits and progress is further along than this, but these are the photos I received.

thanks! looks good

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 10:41:16 »
I have received photos of some of the kits and I'm attaching them here.

Very interesting.

It looks as if it's coming out a different shade from GMK, as expected, but also maybe from the renders.

GMK was a kind of medium-dark electric blue or azure or something, this is like a more conventional navy blue?

Anyway, those lighting conditions are not ideal, really curious to see how this turns out. It's a good base kit and I'm in the queue.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 15:50:41 »

Very interesting.

It looks as if it's coming out a different shade from GMK, as expected, but also maybe from the renders.

GMK was a kind of medium-dark electric blue or azure or something, this is like a more conventional navy blue?

Anyway, those lighting conditions are not ideal, really curious to see how this turns out. It's a good base kit and I'm in the queue.

SP has been taking really bad pictures for over a decade now, just wait until it shows up

Offline Phractals

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 17:33:25 »

Very interesting.

SP has been taking really bad pictures for over a decade now, just wait until it shows up

The alphas are SP BGM and the mods are BGK, right? I guess the color chips in this photo should be more accurate.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 10:49:25 »

Very interesting.

The alphas are SP BGM and the mods are BGK, right? I guess the color chips in this photo should be more accurate.

Show Image

if you really want to know just buy the color chips on SP's site, those photos aren't super accurate either

Offline Tyson

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 10:55:37 »
I regret not joining this GB. Currently typing on DCS Paperwork and have fallen in love with the sound and feel of DCS. The only issue I have is that I have to flip the spacebar because it's too sharp on my thumb in it's normal orientation. I'll definitely be picking up extras!

Offline iSamurai

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 11:11:43 »
I saw on reddit that in theory SP will start to ship to vendors next week, is it correct?

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 11:13:46 »
I saw on reddit that in theory SP will start to ship to vendors next week, is it correct?

In theory, it should finish production/be ready to start shipping at the end of next week.  I am waiting for SP to confirm this again, since we are now a week out.  Once I hear back I will post an additional update here.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 12:45:48 »
I regret not joining this GB. Currently typing on DCS Paperwork and have fallen in love with the sound and feel of DCS. The only issue I have is that I have to flip the spacebar because it's too sharp on my thumb in it's normal orientation. I'll definitely be picking up extras!

back in the genesis of the hobby, that's why flipped spacebar became a thing. DCS was the only profile we could really meet MOQ in

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 07:14:41 »
I have received confirmation from Melissa that this is just about finished production, only a few keys left and was given an updated image showing what keys are completed for all the kits. When inspecting these I found that one of the keys is different than expected/shown on renders in terms of the legend used. I have let SP know this and I'm awaiting a response. Once I know more I'll update everyone.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Phractals

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 11:16:34 »
I have received confirmation from Melissa that this is just about finished production, only a few keys left and was given an updated image showing what keys are completed for all the kits. When inspecting these I found that one of the keys is different than expected/shown on renders in terms of the legend used. I have let SP know this and I'm awaiting a response. Once I know more I'll update everyone.

Would you mind showing what the key in question is and how it differs from renders? Thanks for keeping us updated!

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 11:43:05 »

Would you mind showing what the key in question is and how it differs from renders? Thanks for keeping us updated!

It's the R2 1.5u Tab keys in the base and mono mods.  Instead of the arrows being left aligned like the text, they are center aligned (which is most common for DCS sets that are icon+text).  I am going to hold off sharing photos of it, until I can discuss with Signature Plastics about it and figure out what is going to happen in regards to it.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 14:15:58 »

It's the R2 1.5u Tab keys in the base and mono mods.  Instead of the arrows being left aligned like the text, they are center aligned (which is most common for DCS sets that are icon+text).  I am going to hold off sharing photos of it, until I can discuss with Signature Plastics about it and figure out what is going to happen in regards to it.

so they made offset tabs instead of hamburger tabs? just to make sure i'm interpreting this right

offset tabs suck so i'm super fine waiting an extra couple weeks

Offline Aiwanei

• ThocKeys.com
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 15:00:02 »

so they made offset tabs instead of hamburger tabs? just to make sure i'm interpreting this right

offset tabs suck so i'm super fine waiting an extra couple weeks

Yes that is correct.
ThocKeys.com

Offline Phractals

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 18:29:24 »
I'm totally fine with waiting a little longer as well if they can make the tabs as shown in renders. I too hate the offset tabs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 July 2022, 18:31:27 by Phractals »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 10:35:56 »
Thanks for being meticulous about this. Wouldn't hurt to end up with both Tabs in the final package!

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 23 July 2022, 17:31:18 »
Just saw that these are open for purchase again and snagged a set. Shame I couldn't get those relegendables tho :<

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 12:09:23 »
Open for purchase? Where? Curious about the prices, that's all.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 12:29:34 »
Open for purchase? Where? Curious about the prices, that's all.
On thockeys but they're sold out now
https://thockeys.com/pre-order/dcs-solarized-dark-preorder/