geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] F104+SSK+122+62+77+50+Ergo orders now open! Kishsaver+Industrial Model F

<< < (625/664) > >>

user 18:
I'm trying to flash new QMK firmware to my F77. In the online configurator, I see special keycode options for 'Reset', 'Debug' and 'EEPROM reset'. Do any of these correspond to the QK_BOOT keycode that the documentation suggests is the appropriate way to enter the bootloader, or do I need to enter QK_BOOT as a custom keycode?

Ellipse:
I believe Reset enters the bootloader mode. 

The first 3d printed sample keys for the PC AT style enter, code key, and non-stepped ISO Enter key are being evaluated by the factory, and I expect to receive the mold quotation soon.  If the cost to add the PC AT and code key is minimal then I hope it can be added.

I expect to go with the wheelwriter style code key and wheelwriter-style PC AT enter key; this key should be backwards compatible if you use the new horizontal insert (I am not making the old rectangle style insert/post as this key is not an exact reproduction of the PC AT's enter key which appears to have been designed before the latest stabilizer insert design was finalized.  This PC AT enter key has no wire stabilizer, a standard horizontal key style post on the bottom left barrel, and no post on the top, same as on the wheelwriter.  The code key closely reproduces the wheelwriter version as well.

Here's another great keyboard photo - this time of the new dark blue ultra compact F77 keyboard with the new production unprinted dark gray keys. Posting with permission.

Arkku:

--- Quote from: user 18 on Fri, 12 August 2022, 15:25:13 ---I'm trying to flash new QMK firmware to my F77. In the online configurator, I see special keycode options for 'Reset', 'Debug' and 'EEPROM reset'. Do any of these correspond to the QK_BOOT keycode that the documentation suggests is the appropriate way to enter the bootloader, or do I need to enter QK_BOOT as a custom keycode?

--- End quote ---

"Reset" is indeed the one that enters the bootloader.

Ellipse:
Here's an interesting F77 setup reported at Cult Of Mac:  https://www.cultofmac.com/787679/the-perfect-computer-doesnt-exist-setups/

Project update:

Meetup:  My presentation has been scheduled tentatively for 9/29, so if anyone can offer to host a meetup open to the public in the early afternoon on that date, please contact me (the talk is limited to company employees).

Under 400 keyboards left in the backlog!  These 2021 and 2022 orders should be going out over the coming weeks.  Then we can move on to the beam project!  I hope to receive the new beam sample in 1-2 weeks. 

Over 3,500 Brand New Model F keyboards have shipped so far. 

We are moving into the final round.  The final round is leaving the factory this month; the container shipment is expected to arrive by the end of October - this one has the other ~150 beam keyboards too, as part of the 300 keyboards of the first beam spring keyboard production round.  For the final round I ordered all variations of the keyboards and accessories in advance, based on the proportion of each variation ordered over the past couple years, so that everyone will likely be waiting only weeks for their keyboards as opposed to longer.  However costs are far higher across the board (!) so please expect pricing to be higher for these keyboards if you are not planning on ordering in the near future. 

I ordered lots of extras (first aid kits, inner foam, solenoid drivers and solenoids, key sets, custom keys, etc.) so feel free to pick up some of these items while they are still available. 

The final round changes are around the packaging only.  F77 classic case box sizes are reduced by about 40% and the styrofoam original-style packaging has been replaced with the newer foam style of the ultra compact cases.  The factory has too much F62 styrofoam still in inventory (the styrofoam mold makes both f62 and f77 at the same time and there were more 77's ordered than 62's) so you'll still get that for the classic style F62 keyboards.  The boxes still have the same artwork and double-walled construction quality.

user 18:

--- Quote from: Ellipse on Mon, 15 August 2022, 21:12:39 ---I believe Reset enters the bootloader mode.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Arkku on Wed, 17 August 2022, 11:15:52 ---"Reset" is indeed the one that enters the bootloader.

--- End quote ---

Great, thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version