Previous Events Archive > KeyCon 2017

[IC] Artisan Casting Demo

(1/5) > >>

fendent:
So I was thinking about setting up a demo for how to cast keycaps at Keycon this year. Would anyone be interested in the chance to cast their own caps? I will likely be doing a demonstration on a more standard method of molding and casting keycaps and then a demo of the Synth hard tooling by Hunger Work Studio and TechKeys.

I will need to prepare enough molds to allow for this so if I can get a tentative headcount I can at least prepare for people to try their hand in rounds. Thoughts?

Kominyetska:
I'd be interested in a detailed video of this (since I won't be able to attend KeyCon).

fendent:

--- Quote from: Kominyetska on Fri, 10 February 2017, 13:42:39 ---I'd be interested in a detailed video of this (since I won't be able to attend KeyCon).

--- End quote ---

I'll make sure to get some video if this happens :)

Joey Quinn:
I'm interested regardless of the stem revision used  :p

V1 would still be crazy awesome to try and cast though...

the1gamerdude:
I am casting keycaps and would love to see someone show how they do it. My only worry would be safety as most resins use isocyanates and they are terrible for the respiratory system, and to add it can't be filtered out unless it's through a carbon chemical cartridge in a respirator. Anyway that's just my worry, but I would be happy to help if it's going to be in California (I think host locations are still up for debate).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version