Author Topic: Logitech MX Vertical mouse  (Read 8308 times)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Logitech MX Vertical mouse
« on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 05:48:16 »
Garbage. It's just garbage.

I expected to be disappointed. My daily driver is a Logitech G Pro. My philosophy has always been that RSI emerges when stress levels rise, because you are going to sit in forced, cramped positions with tension, regardless of the hardware. And that is exactly what happened: in an immense code crunch (you know... code when awake, sleep when tired), I started to develop minor RSI issues in my right wrist. So I thought: let me get a more ergonomic mouse just to be sure.

Oh boy. Where to start? I get the side grip part... I used to have some MS mouse back in the day (2006 or so) that was also side grip. It was great for the time. This mouse.. it doesn't move smoothly (on my corsair desk mat). And I don't trust the sensor. It has mouse acceleration (even in linux, so it must be built-in hardware, my G Pro doesn't do that). It's the classic push mouse, pull it back to hit a button. I don't know what sensor they put in, but it feels very imprecise.

On top of that... the sound of the button clicks and scroll wheels feels off. The sound pitch, the amount of force. It feels weird.

I get it... it's new and perhaps I should get useed to it. But I have many mice and I can move seamless between them without agitation (G403, G Pro, Mionix Avior, etc). And I used to have a side grip mouse.

Oh and finally, there is a small indent at the bottom that you ALWAYS FEEL with your pinky. It is so stupid. The G Pro has one continuous shape... why couldn't they do it with MX Vertical??

They should make a "G Pro Vertical". I would buy it even if it was 200 dollars. Just give me the same sensor perfection with a better shell and glide.

What an abomination. Ok I stop now.

Anybody liking this thing for real?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Findecanor

Re: Logitech MX Vertical mouse
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 December 2022, 09:49:27 »
Only tried it once, but found it too big (i.e. long in the hand), too vertical and too heavy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 18:38:35 »
they made an mx "lift" which is a slightly smaller version, and cheaper.

Offline ClaudiGeake

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 January 2023, 16:40:26 »

I expected to be disappointed. My daily driver is a Logitech G Pro. My philosophy has always been that RSI emerges when stress levels rise, because you are going to sit in forced, cramped positions with tension, regardless of the hardware. And that is exactly what are moobs happened: in an immense code crunch (you know... code when awake, sleep when tired), I started to develop minor RSI issues in my right wrist. So I thought: let me get a more ergonomic mouse just to be sure.

Oh boy. Where to start? I get the side grip part... I used to have some MS mouse back in the day (2006 or so) that was also side grip. It was great for the time. This mouse.. it doesn't move smoothly (on my corsair desk mat). And I don't trust the sensor. It has mouse acceleration (even in linux, so it must be built-in hardware, my G Pro doesn't do that). It's the classic push mouse, pull it back to hit a button. I don't know what sensor they put in, but it feels very imprecise.

On top of that... the sound of the button clicks and scroll wheels feels off. The sound pitch, the amount of force. It feels weird.

I get it... it's new and perhaps I should get useed to it. But I have many mice and I can move seamless between them without agitation (G403, G Pro, Mionix Avior, etc). And I used to have a side grip mouse.

Oh and finally, there is a small indent at the bottom that you ALWAYS FEEL with your pinky. It is so stupid. The G Pro has one continuous shape... why couldn't they do it with MX Vertical??

They should make a "G Pro Vertical". I would buy it even if it was 200 dollars. Just give me the same sensor perfection with a better shell and glide.

I also tried it for some days, but it's very bigger in size, so it's not easy to use. Also it is very heavy, hard and not fitting in a hand properly to work with.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2023, 04:42:22 by ClaudiGeake »

Offline mccrispy

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 07:46:57 »

I expected to be disappointed. My daily driver is a Logitech G Pro. My philosophy has always been that RSI emerges when stress levels rise, because you are going to sit in forced, cramped positions with tension, regardless of the hardware. And that is exactly what happened: in an immense code crunch (you know... code when awake, sleep when tired), I started to develop minor RSI issues in my right wrist. So I thought: let me get a more ergonomic mouse just to be sure.

I understand... this is new, and maybe I should get used to it. But writing anime essays is a strange assignment for my college.

I also tried it for some days, but it's very bigger in size, so it's not easy to use. Also it is very heavy, hard and not fitting in a hand properly to work with.

Thanks for sharing, I just wanted to try this mouse. But this is not the first time I've seen such a review. I'll probably choose another model.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2023, 03:04:52 by mccrispy »