Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 384495 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 07:25:13 »
I'm all caught up on Better Call Saul now.

samesies

worth it ?,  Tp4 only on season 2 or 3. prolly have to rewatch the whole thing, don't even remember what's happening.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #601 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 11:08:50 »

samesies

worth it ?,  Tp4 only on season 2 or 3. prolly have to rewatch the whole thing, don't even remember what's happening.

Do you like what you've seen? Then it's more or less of the same quality. Usually there's a recap at the start of each season so unless you're particular about the details rewatching is not necessary.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #602 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 15:27:16 »

samesies

Do you like what you've seen? Then it's more or less of the same quality. Usually there's a recap at the start of each season so unless you're particular about the details rewatching is not necessary.

I agree. The quality of seasons 4 and so far 5 are just as high as the first three. 

Check out "Man of Recaps" on Youtube. He does a very thorough recap of each season in ~7 minutes per season - way better than the "official" recaps I've seen.

Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #603 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 15:32:07 »
I watched Doctor Sleep. A lot better than Shinning 30 years ago.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #604 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 15:46:23 »
This season of BCS has been good. We'll finally get to see Slippin' Jimmy evolve into Saul Goodman.
Also watched El Camino the other day. It felt disconnected from Breaking Bad, it wasn't a bad movie though.

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #605 on: Thu, 05 March 2020, 07:08:00 »

samesies

I agree. The quality of seasons 4 and so far 5 are just as high as the first three. 

Check out "Man of Recaps" on Youtube. He does a very thorough recap of each season in ~7 minutes per season - way better than the "official" recaps I've seen.

Just finished episode 3, it's very good. The way things are going with Kim, it will be an inevitable sad outcome  :-[. I love this show so much, way way more than Breaking Bad.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #606 on: Fri, 06 March 2020, 22:39:13 »
Castlevania Season 3 drops today, time to whip it.  :cool:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #608 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 01:52:20 »
This thread.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #609 on: Sat, 07 March 2020, 17:56:09 »
Saw the new Sonic movie,  This movie is disappointing even with the redrawn CGI.  Yea, we know it's a kid's movie, but even spongebob had more depth that adults could see.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #610 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 18:56:16 »
Carnival Row..

Great production value,  solid universe setting..

Wish there wasn't but, it does have some weird-secs stuff, but apparently that's what young people like watching these days,    Would've preferred, fades 2 black,  that's how all such scenes should be done,  fade 2 black, we get it, it happened, move on.

The one drawback is it seems like every one of these shows do the origin story, and then you don't even get another season .. They're casting the net way too wide these days.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #611 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 21:41:57 »
Tiger King on NF. Who knew these people existed? Friggin Florida, man.
*they are in OK but they are Florida people at heart
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 00:08:31 by noisyturtle »

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #612 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 06:31:15 »
I'm watching Friday Night Lights for the first time because I keep hearing it recommended in best TV show lists.

So far I think it's fine but I'm feeling mildly bored of all the teen romance subplots. The pacing is a little slow. Despite knowing absolutely nothing about American football I'm enjoying the sports bits a lot more. Just about finished Season 1.

I really love Better Call Saul which is strange cos I was sort of lukewarm on Breaking Bad, particularly in the later seasons.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 06:35:49 by Shapey Fiend »

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #613 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 11:56:07 »
Just watched -Underwater- w/ Kristen Stewart.

Yea, she's physically attractive in the movie..  but the Plot's too thin...

They had a kewl cgi monster, but due to budget prolly, it were underutilized.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #614 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 12:47:16 »
been watching 30 rock for the past few days, and some south park as well. i've been trying to keep up with forensic files 2 but CNN has exclusive streaming access so i have a hard time finding a place to watch it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #615 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:04:09 »
been watching 30 rock

One of the most underrated sitcoms of the last 20 years. The writing on that show is great.

Also started watching Fargo. Pretty good series thus far, but like Better Call Saul they got the mid 2000's all wrong. They even have people with flat screen tv's and smart phones which weren't really common things yet. How do studios and prop masters overlook this kind of thing? Like in BCS he's using a newer phone model and laptop than he uses in BB and it's supposed to be a prequel. Get your **** together props departments!
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:34:10 by noisyturtle »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #616 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:34:23 »

I just finished it. Ugh. I could write hundred-page case studies on all those people.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #617 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:35:58 »

I just finished it. Ugh. I could write hundred-page case studies on all those people.

That Doc guy is basically a cult leader, I'd watch a show on just him.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #618 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:52:07 »
Yep. They all are cult-ish, but he takes the cake. **** gets ****. That poor woman curled up on her couch... luckily she escaped.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #619 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 19:03:59 »
Ozark season 3... FINALLY.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #621 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 19:21:01 »
The first season was excellent, but, like most "intense adult drama" shows it eroded after the first season. Once the initial story arc is exhausted (often with the death of the principal bad guy and/or the collapse of the evil organization) then the next iteration is almost certain to seem contrived.

In my opinion, this type of show is good as long as it is plot-driven, which is usually only a season or 2. After that, if it is successful, in my opinion, the actors and/or their agents start demanding that the plots be character-driven (showcasing their characters, of course), which almost always sends the quality downhill. Plots are far more important than characters, to me anyway.

There are exceptions (6 Feet Under comes to mind) but in my opinion it is extremely rare for a show to get into the 3rd-4th+ seasons at the same quality level it started at.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #622 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 06:49:45 »
Ozark was boring as hell even in the first season.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #623 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 08:26:04 »
The first season was excellent, but, like most "intense adult drama" shows it eroded after the first season. Once the initial story arc is exhausted (often with the death of the principal bad guy and/or the collapse of the evil organization) then the next iteration is almost certain to seem contrived.

In my opinion, this type of show is good as long as it is plot-driven, which is usually only a season or 2. After that, if it is successful, in my opinion, the actors and/or their agents start demanding that the plots be character-driven (showcasing their characters, of course), which almost always sends the quality downhill. Plots are far more important than characters, to me anyway.

There are exceptions (6 Feet Under comes to mind) but in my opinion it is extremely rare for a show to get into the 3rd-4th+ seasons at the same quality level it started at.

Rome HBO , Season 1, Season 2

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #624 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 10:05:03 »

ozark, it gud' show ?

I really like it. It is kind of dry, but I like shows like that.

it is a bit slow and dry but that is apart of what I like. It's a slow burn.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #625 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 12:10:12 »
I also started Ozark s3.
Was waiting for it a long time, too long, forgot what happened last time. I hate those year long breaks between seasons...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #626 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 12:40:18 »
I'll watch Ozark. I just read two psych articles that my psych teacher posted about how it is okay to not feel very motivated during a global pandemic. She basically said I can screw around.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #627 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 12:58:24 »
I'll watch Ozark. I just read two psych articles that my psych teacher posted about how it is okay to not feel very motivated during a global pandemic. She basically said I can screw around.

U haz a psych teacher ?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #628 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 13:41:55 »

U haz a psych teacher ?

Yeah. The moment Destiny passed I decided to move back to my parents' house and start all over. I'm going to school with the intent of being a child therapist. It isn't easy going back nearly 2 decades later.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #629 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 13:59:04 »
Yeah. The moment Destiny passed I decided to move back to my parents' house and start all over. I'm going to school with the intent of being a child therapist. It isn't easy going back nearly 2 decades later.

IC, takes a great deal of compassion to be motivated in noble directions.

Assuming you have someone to limit your Vidya, getting good grades is pretty easy as an adult. I suppose that's where parents come in.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #630 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 19:35:29 »
I put Tiger King on in the background when doing some arts and crafts with my wife, and we ended up watching the whole thing in about three sittings.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #632 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 21:38:05 »
OMG... you guys gotta watch this.. it's like Jerry Springer + Animal Planet.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #633 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 22:35:36 »
Whaaaa......  Now this is just ridiculooo... Dis' has to be scripted, no way..

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #634 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 22:49:04 »
I'm watching Friday Night Lights for the first time because I keep hearing it recommended in best TV show lists.

So far I think it's fine but I'm feeling mildly bored of all the teen romance subplots. The pacing is a little slow. Despite knowing absolutely nothing about American football I'm enjoying the sports bits a lot more. Just about finished Season 1.

I really love Better Call Saul which is strange cos I was sort of lukewarm on Breaking Bad, particularly in the later seasons.

I literally just watched all 5 seasons of this, really enjoyed it. Buddy sucks though  >:D

Offline cicada

• Formerly iamacicada
« Reply #635 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 05:56:43 »

ozark, it gud' show ?

I really like it. It is kind of dry, but I like shows like that.

it is a bit slow and dry but that is apart of what I like. It's a slow burn.

I just started season 3 and I disagree, it's very intense and things happen really fast in the first 3 eps

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #636 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 07:06:18 »
Yah. Season 3 is def starting quick. Much better than 2 already.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #637 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 07:57:00 »
Oh man,  wish there was m0ar tiger king.. Damn, there isn't, when is season 2 coming..

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #638 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 10:13:21 »
I live 1 hr 51 min from that zoo...
Also, he has my first name tattooed on his neck...

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #639 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 11:15:55 »

TIL, Archdill, a former husband of Tiger King.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #640 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 12:02:04 »

Hahahaha. archDILL = Dillon

Oh man...

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #641 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 13:49:17 »

Oh man...

Awhhhh.. Shhhhieeeeehhh....

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #642 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 18:07:50 »
I just re-watched Blade Runner for the first time in at least a decade.

It truly is one of the greatest films of all time, but how do they explain it raining all the time in LA?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:03:15 »
Finished Tiger King last night.

I've never seen a better trainwreck of a TV show documentary.

Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #644 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:07:24 »

Your thoughts on Carole Baskin,  she do it ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #645 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:15:28 »

If anything Jeff set him up.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #646 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:50:11 »

Think about it in modern terms.
Let's say Roger Stone was let out on bail tomorrow, keep in mind we know he had fake passports and money overseas which is the exact reason he was denied bail. If he was let out and disappeared tomorrow would it be murder or him finding a way out of the country? We'd never know until he turned up.

It's even worse in the case of her husband.
It's the 80's (way less regulations on travel and banking), it's Florida, there's gray market pet trade, (illegal) plane flights to and from the Bahamas and Costa Rica, if that doesn't sound like an episode of Miami Vice I don't know what does.

This guy had lots of money, easy ways to leave the country and I guarantee you he had money stashed offshore.
Maybe he thought the feds were onto him, maybe he wanted out, maybe his wife did it, maybe he crossed someone he shouldn't. The plane could have gone down, he could have had someone come pick him or maybe he had a plane no one knew about, we'll never know simply because of his lifestyle made it easy for him to disappear one way or another.

My guess is that he left Florida on his own, what happened after that is anyone's guess.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #647 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 19:59:57 »
My guess is that he left Florida on his own, what happened after that is anyone's guess.

So your fem-radar is not detecting anything unusual/sinister about Carole Baskins.

In ur opinion, what are the signs of a female capable of mariticide (husband murdar)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #648 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 20:15:51 »

Oh man...

Awhhhh.. Shhhhieeeeehhh....

It is a, VERY, unfortunate coincidence.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #649 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 20:35:06 »
If anything Jeff set him up.
Jeff wasn't in the picture when her husband disappeared, she had already remarried by then (it took 2 years to declare him dead).

As for the idea of Jeff setting up Joe, the zoo was in Jeff's name, all he had to do was fire him.

The real question is Marc Thompson, who Joe first asked to do it. Thompson was an ex-cop working as a security guard and may have already been working undercover at that point due to so many credible threats made against Carole by Joe over the years. Did the feds ask Jeff to bring him in as part of a plea bargain? We know Joe did try to hire an undercover FBI agent, it may have been him or it could be someone else. Hard to say.

I think proving it was entrapment or even a setup would be difficult, this was Joe asking him to kill someone directly.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More