Author Topic: Logitech battery bump  (Read 8455 times)

Offline typo

Logitech battery bump
« on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 08:18:45 »
I prefer to use a mouse. I prefer to use a Logitech mouse. I like to have "top of the line". I have collectively bought and returned the 700,900,903 7 times! First of all I will only use them wired but that does not deter me. The issue is all of these otherwise wireless Logitech mice are too tall for me and very uncomfortable. I really want to be able to use the now current 903, but alas I cannot. The 402 is almost as flat as an old MS ball mouse. The 502 is just right for me. The bump should not matter as I use a low claw grip but I guess the "low" part causes it to get in the way. I do not use a trackball because those mice are so fast for going across 3 32" displays. The trackballs are like a turtle. I do not like acceleration even though I am not gaming. So that kills the trackballs. I have several LST and Slimblade around here somewhere I do not use. Logitech comes from Best Buy so might as well return. I barely move a mouse just bumping it with my fingers skillfully I would say. So not concerned about injuries after all these years my wrists are fine. Perhaps dedicated right handed also contributes to allowing me to operate it in this manner. I do not know as I did not try the wireless variants long enough because I could not stand their height.

So I was wondering if I am correct that the wireless mice are so tall due to the placement of the battery. Plus for $139+ they do not even have a replaceable battery AFAIK.
I guess it does not really matter as the 502 effectively has every feature that the 903 does. Plus you can actually use 11 buttons right handed. I would certainly put the weight in the 903 so the 502 is not a problem in that area. I do find the solid scroll wheel spins a little longer due to the sheer mass involved.

I think if I am not going to use it wirelessly I might as well not fret over being relegated to the 502? Is the 903 better in some way I am not aware of, considering the preferences I have stated above? I really do not know in my case if I am missing out on anything. Otherwise I would just grin and bear it. Otherwise I find them very uncomfortable. Thanks for reading my long post :)

Offline typo

Re: Logitech battery bump
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:42:12 »
HAHA I see I had asked about the G502 and G900 some time ago. I forgot al about that. I basically said the same exact thing. Since the 903 is exactly the 900 of course I am not going to enjoy the fitment of it. Oh well. They are the same mouse anyways. The G502 is heavier which is actually a plus to me. I prefer HARDwired. I prefer the heavier scroll wheel that spins longer through huge documents. I vastly prefer a right handed mouse. The battery bump simply makes the G900/903 too tall for my liking. Contrary to what people think, it is not a better mouse. If you seriously game which I do not at all, wireless is not even allowed in tournament play and for god reason. So once again this time around being virtually the same mouse my feeling remains the same. My bad that I did not realize I had brought this up on the 900 which is the 903 essentially.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:43:24 »
the 403 is taller,  get that for better fit..  however,   my ergopwn 9000 is still currently the most superior ergonomic gaming mouse.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:50:35 »
the 403 is taller,  get that for better fit..  however,   my ergopwn 9000 is still currently the most superior ergonomic gaming mouse.
I'm liking my 403.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 06:54:20 »
I'm liking my 403.

403 fits better than 900 for sure,  but still,  gotta get vertical.

Offline typo

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:40:59 »
To me the 403, Which I mistakenly called the "402" seems the flattest. Taller or rather the bump in he wireless ones hurts my palm after 15 minutes and I use a computer up to 14 hours a day but not for gaming. I do not know if all wireless mice have that bulbous shape or just Logitech. I can't really attribute it to simply the height I think. It is just the overall "butt" of the thing does not agree with me. I always wanted it from the 700 on just because my OCD tells me to buy the best. The truth is it is not necessarily the best. Since the 502 is the same thing, albeit corded,heavier and right handed. Some claim the 900-03 have better buttons. Rubbish, the 502 has the exact same "hinged" setup. I know because I have taken both apart multiple times. Exactly as you point out TP4, the best mouse is the most ergonomic one. Now see I feel that changes per individual though. A man with size 16 sneaker cannot take a size 10. Trying to force yourself into a good, or bad design seems like a very bad idea to me. I have no doubt your custom mouse is great for you and may be so for many others as well. Perhaps even myself. Who knows. Unfortunately there are no custom shaped mice that I know of off the shelf. Which just gave me a great idea, feel free to steal it. Why not make a mouse ut of that polycarbonate casting material. you put it in the Microwave, then hold it the way you do for a few minutes. Now you have a custom fit mouse! I imagine it would require a detachable shell. I am amazed a company has not done this.

Anyways, I find it odd you Guy's say the 403 is tall. To me it feels kind of like just a basic mouse which is a good thing. I may like it better than the 502. I want the buttons,hyper scroll and high DPI. As I said, I dislike acceleration from windows and even with the trackng on 9 in windows under about 9,000 will not cut it across 3 32" displays when wanting to barely have to move the mouse. I am not one to pick it up and such. Many people would find that too fast I am pretty sure. The 502 is just the best off the shelf fit for me with features I use. I like to tell myself the 903 is a better mouse but it is really much the same thng. Plus if it causes me pain it is simply out of the question.

you Guy's using the 403 and basic 2 buton mice are bound to be better off physically but I use the buttons and the hyper scroll. In that regard I would personally end up losing Two buttons on the 903. They know this, hence the dummy plug. Tp4, you do not use a Trackball? With you hell bent on ergonomics would have thought for sure you forgo a mouse altogether. Unless you just built that solely for gaming. I use a mouse because of the DPI speed. A L-track or Slimblade would be a huge pain here. I have my perfect mouse imagined but it does not exist. The 903 is certainly not a monetary issue I would gladly pay $500+ for the perfect device. To be honest though I cannot use the Ergodox either but as we discussed before I did not try much. I have no doubt vertical or track, ergodox, stand up table is the way to go. I am just a damn creature of habit.

What I wanted to know this time around though is if those wireless mice including the MX Master have that big camel hump in back due to the battery? Or is it for some other reason? 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 10:21:32 »
I think the bump is purely design.  I've not opened old up but I doubt it's  from the battery.

I use 900 at home with both dummy plugs in.

I loved the 700 for the extra buttons but got tired of that mouse in general.

I also struggle with finding a high DPI mouse that I like.

I do miss the hyperscroll using the 403.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 11:24:56 »
I don't use a track ball because all the ones i've tried have prediction..

and at high dpi on a mouse, the advantage to trackball is negligible.  i am using 1600dpi on 1080p and 2400dpi on 1600p.

I cross multiple screens much less than working on one screen,  so that's the balance I've struck..

as for casting.. yea, that could work,  but you would still need 3d scanning, and printing to make one with hollow innards.. effectively.

With a poly carb shell, if you attempt to grip that while hot,  you'd probably end up crushing some spots too much such that the electronics won't fit anymore.

it'd have to be one of those logitech services..  with the custom headphones.

Offline typo

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 13:41:19 »
Completely agree TP4. I do go across 3 32" screens a lot and prediction and acceleration suck imo. If you are not using a trackball now I don't feel like I am not a real hacker. Since I know how important ergonomics are to you. So many here swear a trackball is a must. The only one I see as viable is the Logitech thumb one. Then once again your wrist is in the wrong position anyways. I am at 8,400 dpi. So it does matter to me. I am not looking for speed as in gaming but to cover all that screen real estate quickly. So this is a very good sensor. Spam, why do you have both plugs in? Don't you at least want Two buttons? I cannot use it with buttons on both sides. keep hitting button I do not want which I have as close page! Obviously they knew this so the reason for the plugs. Truthfully the 903 does not really have 11 buttons in real life. I find the button layout on the 502 much better because it is right handed. I really just cannot use an ambi mouse.

I have taken them apart but in two pieces I cannot really tell. I am pretty sure it is because of the battery which sits in it on an angle. I doubt they would just make it that "plump". plus it seems longer. it qualifies as a large mouse and I am a very big man. I can't use it.

If it does fit someone I would honestly think twice about non replaceable battery for $150. Sure, it really is replacable just as was the harmony pro. However once you remove their feet even if you use alcohol they made sure they are ruined. They did that on purpose as a deterrent I would bet. Then the mini Molex is likely to just pull off the pcb side. So it really for the most part is not replicable just as they say.  At least they pretty much made sure of it. If you are very good and lucky maybe pull it off just once. To me that is BS. Plus 24 hours battery life and I hate the huge charge pad. I hardly move the mouse don't need that big. Then you are at $250 anyhow. Plus the truth is wired is more reliable period. Even though their ireless is darn good. People were so upset about the battery in the harmony pro when the elite came out they called it replicable. Even though it is a huge pain. The last thing is if you do manage to do it, they really sort of have a lifetime warranty but not if you do that.

Overall I have a lot of reasons I prefer the 502. I welcome the added weight. Mainly though above all else the 903/900 are just too plump in back for me to the point of pain. I don't know if it is due to the battery but bet it is. Honestly this is subjective not just based on more money must be better. Others will disagree just for the sake of it but that is the truth. I mean many will like the 403 or something else best and that is fine. You buy the gloves that fit.

I know I made a huge deal but I am just disappointed. I wanted to keep the 903 but no way I can use it. Return it just like the 900 a few years ago. I did go from the green 502 to the RGB lol. Oh well.
TP4 you are also correct about the Poly carb. I did not think of that. Must be why it has not been done because that would be perfect.

You Two are the only ones that ever answer my posts. Thanks Guy's!