Author Topic: Synjin Accuses HoffmanMyster of Being a Scammer  (Read 2875 times)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Synjin Accuses HoffmanMyster of Being a Scammer
« on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:35:29 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8zh5gr/hoffmanmysters_geekhack_head_mod_34_year_scam/

Hello Reddit. I was asking for advice on the discord channel and many of the members there had advised me to post here on reddit for visibility.

Quick Summary: Several years back, I had Hoffman proxy a granite set for me. I had paid for the set as well as the shipping ahead of time to reduce any possible issues. It has now been approximately 3-4 years and I still haven't received them. My last conversation with him was 3 months ago on April when he asked where I'd like it shipped and I've promptly responded.

Screenshot of my private message with him apologizing for not shipping the granite keys dated January 31. https://i.imgur.com/r6M1YGV.jpg

Screenshot of him asking for my address on April

Screenshot of my response providing my address

He hasn't responded to me since then and he logs in on a daily basis on GH so highly unlikely he missed my message. I checked on his most recent logged in date last night (as I was asking for advice if I should bring this public or not) and he was actually on yesterday as well. I did ask about what others thought about it and they did say that him being angry at me was no reason for him to hold on to the caps for that long. I'm not really here to complain about my loss but more so the principle that a Mod can get away with this and nothing is done to correct it over at GeekHack

EDIT: Since u/amnesia0287 already posted it in the comments, I might as well add the info that I left out.

Here is our Mod HoffmanMyster's response when I asked him about why he accused me of being a thief. He was angry at me because he felt that I accused him of being malicous
What made this worse was that I actually spent hundreds of dollars taking him out for meals as a friend whenever I'd visit the city he was in taking him out for steak and wine together with my wife as a close friend. The whole time I was actually asking him for advice via text as I viewed him as someone I can get honest advice from on how to deal with the massive surge of people calling me a scammer. The whole time, he was advising me on how I should handle things but not once did he say that he actually sent a Global PM calling me a thief (this was before I realized that there was such a message and that he was the source of it all) I honestly felt like it was a 007 agent I was chilling with the whole time.

Screenshot of 'Global PM'

I hope this isn't the type of person that the sub would want to be modding around.

« Last Edit: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:48:49 by dgneo »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Synjin Accuses HoffmanMyster of Being a Scammer
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:41:30 »

The Drama portion we do not see here,  is WHAT, made Hoff Mad at Synjin..  and vice Versa..

This is SEPARATE from the issue that,  it SEEMS, currently,  Hoff did not Mail Synjin a set of Caps of which has been paid for..

Now, BEFORE we hear Hoff's Side of this,   Let's hold off speculation

// Does anyone have a link to the Alleged accusation of Synjin as scammer BY Hoff ?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:43:09 »

The Drama portion we do not see here,  is WHAT, made Hoff Mad at Synjin..  and vice Versa..

There's screenshots of what made Hoff mad in the Reddit link

EDIT: I've updated the OP and added the links in.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:45:01 by dgneo »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:48:09 »

There's screenshots of what made Hoff mad in the Reddit link

EDIT: I've updated the OP and added the links in.

Thx for the clarification dgneo

It's pretty clear here then..

-- Hoff thought he got Stiffed..

-- But He didn't get stiffed,  he merely did not realize he had already been paid..

So,  at this point, I do not believe anything truly malicious has been going on..

It is more likely a lazy start coming out of Winter for Hoff..

Either way,  We should expect this to get sorted now that there's some public tension.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:49:52 »
shoulda been resolved privately
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:50:53 »
shoulda been resolved privately

Well, sometimes people can really drag their feet on things..

YEARS now is a long drag.. So it's understandable that Synjin has become frustrated..

Offline Sniping

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:56:24 »
dammmmm boiiii

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:57:03 »
Handbags at dawn.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:59:59 »
Honestly granite is overrated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 12:01:35 »
Honestly granite is overrated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It was cool for the time, and the fourth round's Elven set was rad, but it's old news now.

Sent from my work computer using their internet

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 12:37:42 »
200203-0

Wow! Even this other guy in the PMs is scamming Synjin! He didn't even ship to him! Wow definitive proof!

I can't believe almost every other trade he's ever been in was a scam, ppl r so mean you guys!
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 July 2018, 12:40:09 by DALExSNAIL »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 22:48:53 »
news at 11
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 26 July 2018, 11:07:22 »
(Attachment Link)

Wow! Even this other guy in the PMs is scamming Synjin! He didn't even ship to him! Wow definitive proof!

I can't believe almost every other trade he's ever been in was a scam, ppl r so mean you guys!
Hecking Swedes flipping/scamming clacks of poor synjin
Very busy with studies atm.