Author Topic: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS  (Read 570607 times)

Offline gt1989

Re: [GB] E8-V1 Custom TKL - SORTING THE BOARDS
« Reply #1500 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 09:17:24 »
seems that our boards are just sitting around still. However we might get some help, hopefully.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/ho18lw/keyboard_science_keylice_no2_when_tgr_and_keycult/fxf7wti/

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #1501 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 10:05:45 »
seems that our boards are just sitting around still. However we might get some help, hopefully.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/ho18lw/keyboard_science_keylice_no2_when_tgr_and_keycult/fxf7wti/

I'd lost hope of receiving mine at this point, but it'd be nice if it finally did come in.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1502 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 10:10:08 »

I'd lost hope of receiving mine at this point, but it'd be nice if it finally did come in.

Same here, I honestly thought that they were sold off. So crazy that the boards have just been sitting around all this time.

Offline mniels

« Reply #1503 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 07:59:18 »
So, not sure if everyone is aware, but with the Reddit post about Kuang2 coming out with a new board, we found out that all of our boards are sitting in a stack somewhere.  I received a message on Reddit asking for the options I had chosen, address, and a screen shot showing proof of payment.  I pointed him/her to the following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lYDVr2Y6TSb7o_OJVbKxBEAn1Ct7PbE8NZRSLaID6Y/edit#gid=0

Does anyone recall who the actual payment was made to?  I have tried searching my Paypal transactions, but without a total of the purchase price, I am having a hell of a time finding anything considering how long ago this was.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1504 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 08:01:24 »
So, not sure if everyone is aware, but with the Reddit post about Kuang2 coming out with a new board, we found out that all of our boards are sitting in a stack somewhere.  I received a message on Reddit asking for the options I had chosen, address, and a screen shot showing proof of payment.  I pointed him/her to the following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14lYDVr2Y6TSb7o_OJVbKxBEAn1Ct7PbE8NZRSLaID6Y/edit#gid=0

Does anyone recall who the actual payment was made to?  I have tried searching my Paypal transactions, but without a total of the purchase price, I am having a hell of a time finding anything considering how long ago this was.

the payment email was to namhoang159@gmail.com

Offline mniels

« Reply #1505 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 08:09:18 »

Well, crap.  Nothing under that name.  Hopefully the spreadsheet is enough. Thanks for the info!

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1506 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 08:15:50 »

Well, crap.  Nothing under that name.  Hopefully the spreadsheet is enough. Thanks for the info!
Do you have an email of your payment? I just tried to look for in PayPal but it only let me go as far as July 2017. Which my invoice is dated for February 2017.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline mniels

« Reply #1507 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 08:20:29 »

Do you have an email of your payment? I just tried to look for in PayPal but it only let me go as far as July 2017. Which my invoice is dated for February 2017.

Good call.  I found the invoice but it just says that it has been updated.

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1508 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 09:20:20 »

Good call.  I found the invoice but it just says that it has been updated.

Hopefully that's good enough.

Offline Insomnium

« Reply #1509 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 09:55:39 »
Hi Peeps,

Just thought I would drop a message here as reddit private inbox really sucks .... If you prefer to go discord, you can give me a hello at Insomnium#7656 as well :)

Anyway, Firstly, I'm not JHoang, so please don't think I'm his clone haha, as far as I know, JHoang and his buddy disappeared from the local community way before I joined and met Kuang2 sometimes around 2018.
Secondly, while I understand with all that happened, trust is not something that's easy to be given out, and I would totally feel the same if I'm in your position, but I kindly ask you to trust that I'm trying my best to have some closure to this project, so that Kuang2 name can be freed from this project.

Back to the topic at hand, I have discussed with Kuang2, and he and I both agreed to work together and try to ship the remaining orders that are yet to be fulfilled.  Please understand that a long time has passed, and as I explained on reddit, Kuang2 does not have the record list of orders from JHoang, as Kuang is not the group buy runner. The keyboards have been sitting on his warehouse for a long time, so to ship it, he will need to check the condition of the boards, do some cleaning, and find all the extra parts (if applicable) to your orders, and then we need to buffer for communication time between I - Kuang2 - You as I do not live in Vietnam, hence it will take some time for the board to be shipped out. With that in mind, this is how we propose to move forward:

1. We will prioritize those that have paid shipping to Kuang2 first, so please provide me with the following information: Order ID, Color Option, Current Address and screenshot for order payment and shipping payment via geekhack/reddit/discord pm. Picture of your invoice's email is fine as well.

2. If you have not pay for shipping, we will handle your order after we finished resolving those that already paid for shipping.

3. As I mentioned previously, due to Kuang2 not having the record list of orders, so he has no way of knowing who has paid or has refunded, so he is not in the position to know or prevent anyone who has refunded yet still want to claim his spot in this project, leading to a missing unit for someone else who did not claim refund. In this situation, to us, it's going to be a he said she said situation, where from our side, we claim that we had never sold off/flip a board from the existing stock, while from the customers side, you can claim that you had never demanded a refund. So I would ask everyone to operate in a trust basis, where we will keep a record of those we have fulfilled the boards from this point onward, and if there is any dispute from missing order, I will direct the dispute to everyone who has received your boards to try and look for your order there ...

4. We guaranteed that you will receive a complete TKL kit, which includes a case, plate and PCB. For those that have paid for extra options, we will handle it on case by case basis, and priority will be given to those that have documented proof.

If you have any questions, feel free to dm me through reddit/gh or discord. I'm happy to help :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 July 2020, 10:06:51 by Insomnium »

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1510 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 10:05:27 »
Hi Peeps,

Just thought I would drop a message here as reddit private inbox really sucks .... If you prefer to go discord, you can give me a hello at Insomnium#7656 as well :)

Anyway, Firstly, I'm not JHoang, so please don't think I'm his clone haha, as far as I know, JHoang and his buddy disappeared from the local community way before I joined and met Kuang2 sometimes around 2018.
Secondly, while I understand with all that happened, trust is not something that's easy to be given out, and I would totally feel the same if I'm in your position, but I kindly ask you to trust that I'm trying my best to have some closure to this project, so that Kuang2 name can be freed from this project.

Back to the topic at hand, I have discussed with Kuang2, and he and I both agreed to work together and try to ship the remaining orders that are yet to be fulfilled.  Please understand that a long time has passed, and as I explained on reddit, Kuang2 does not have the record list of orders from JHoang, as Kuang is not the group buy runner. The keyboards have been sitting on his warehouse for a long time, so to ship it, he will need to check the condition of the boards, do some cleaning, and find all the extra parts (if applicable) to your orders, and then we need to buffer for communication time between I - Kuang2 - You as I do not live in Vietnam, hence it will take some time for the board to be shipped out. With that in mind, this is how we propose to move forward:

1. We will prioritize those that have paid shipping to Kuang2 first, so please provide me with the following information: Order ID, Color Option, Current Address and screenshot for order payment and shipping payment. Email of invoice is fine as well.

2. If you have not pay for shipping, we will handle your order after we finished resolving those that already paid for shipping.

3. As I mentioned previously, due to Kuang2 not having the record list of orders, so he has no way of knowing who has paid or has refunded, so he is not in the position to know or prevent anyone who has refunded yet still want to claim his spot in this project, leading to a missing unit for someone else who did not claim refund. In this situation, to us, it's going to be a he said she said situation, where from our side, we claim that we had never sold off/flip a board from the existing stock, while from the customers side, you can claim that you had never demanded a refund. So I would ask everyone to operate in a trust basis, where we will keep a record of those we have fulfilled the boards from this point onward, and if there is any dispute from missing order, I will direct the dispute to everyone who has received your boards to try and look for your order there ...

4. We guaranteed that you will receive a complete TKL kit, which includes a case, plate and PCB. For those that have paid for extra options, we will handle it on case by case basis, and priority will be given to those that have documented proof.

If you have any questions, feel free to dm me through reddit/gh or discord. I'm happy to help :)

Thank you for willing to help us getting the rest of the boards shipped.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1511 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 10:26:08 »
Hi Peeps,

1. We will prioritize those that have paid shipping to Kuang2 first, so please provide me with the following information: Order ID, Color Option, Current Address and screenshot for order payment and shipping payment via geekhack/reddit/discord pm. Picture of your invoice's email is fine as well.

better late than never - I sent you a message on reddit, and will give you whatever proof I have to get my board shipped
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline zoomwalt

« Reply #1512 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 11:59:52 »

Someone named Nam Hoang in February 2017.

Offline Insomnium

« Reply #1513 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 13:09:09 »

Someone named Nam Hoang in February 2017.

Correct, Nam Hoang is JHoang, the GB runner. I have no clue why mniels need to pay extra on his order, it might be JHoang asking for more money to ship the keyboard but any money paid to JHoang, was not given to Kuang to do the shipping at all, hence Kuang requested for additional payment for shipping from his end. From the screenshot I have received from two others, the shipping fee that they paid via Paypal should be to Tran Mai Hanh with email maihanh@kuang2.net.

Offline mniels

« Reply #1514 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 13:15:55 »
I am not finding anything in my email with the maihanh@kuang2.net email address in regards to paypal.  I am sure that I paid for shipping, and it is possible that the email was deleted after all this time.  I can't imagine that I would not have paid for the shipping, especially after shelling out more than $600 for the board and the extras.  I am not very keen on paying anything else, especially considering the track record of the GB.  I feel like $600 plus a 3 year wait is enough.

Offline Insomnium

« Reply #1515 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 13:33:25 »
I am not finding anything in my email with the maihanh@kuang2.net email address in regards to paypal.  I am sure that I paid for shipping, and it is possible that the email was deleted after all this time.  I can't imagine that I would not have paid for the shipping, especially after shelling out more than $600 for the board and the extras.  I am not very keen on paying anything else, especially considering the track record of the GB.  I feel like $600 plus a 3 year wait is enough.

I completely understand where you are coming from, but to be fair to Kuang he himself did not receive any money from you (via JHoang) to ship your keyboard either so imo, it would be unfair to ask him to bear the cost for a GB he did not run. As I stated in my first post, since you likely did not pay Kuang for the shipping ( I will ask Kuang to confirm this as well), may I ask you to wait and let me handle the the shipping for the other people who have paid Kuang first? I will also discuss with him on how to handle similar cases to yours to see if we can come to a resolution that will be fair to both party.

Offline mniels

« Reply #1516 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 13:56:47 »

I completely understand where you are coming from, but to be fair to Kuang he himself did not receive any money from you (via JHoang) to ship your keyboard either so imo, it would be unfair to ask him to bear the cost for a GB he did not run. As I stated in my first post, since you likely did not pay Kuang for the shipping ( I will ask Kuang to confirm this as well), may I ask you to wait and let me handle the the shipping for the other people who have paid Kuang first? I will also discuss with him on how to handle similar cases to yours to see if we can come to a resolution that will be fair to both party.

That is fine, I would rather get it right, so go ahead and check with Kuang.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1517 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 09:54:33 »
Anyone receive any updates whatsoever from Insomnium in regards to Kuang and their boards?  :-\

Offline Insomnium

« Reply #1518 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 10:37:46 »
Anyone receive any updates whatsoever from Insomnium in regards to Kuang and their boards?  :-\
Haha just nice when I was about to post an update here  ;D

Kuang is taking care of some of personal stuffs which would wrap up next week, so hopefully he will have time to sort the boards and ship the 4 confirmed orders (E15, E17, E65 and E85) soon.

Offline Insomnium

« Reply #1519 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 01:18:13 »
Hi Guys,

Quick update, Kuang is sorting the boards for the 4 orders mentioned previously. He's currently checking the PCBs to ensure that they are still working after all this time ... sorry for the slow progress.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1520 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 01:23:43 »
If anyone ever happens to get an extra purple badge and wants to sell it, I'll take one.  Mine was pretty scuff and I was looking for something nicer.  Just PM me if you happen to have/get one.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2020, 11:19:06 by pixelpusher »

Offline Lord_Rabel

• The geek that doctors trust.
« Reply #1521 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 08:58:18 »
Looks like I missed out :(

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1522 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 09:05:13 »
Looks like I missed out :(
Yeah, you're 3 years too late. Also with the issues with the original GB runner, you're lucky to not have joined this.

Offline valentiinohy

« Reply #1523 on: Sat, 28 November 2020, 00:04:53 »
Hey guys, I reall really need your help. I was going to give my E8V1 to my girlfriend as a birthday gift. So I went to get yhe name badge and weight out for some decoration and a guy ****ed up my name badge and weight. It’s a long story but now I need to get a new badge and weight again but I have no file or information on the measurement of the weight and badge. If you guys still have your board with you, could you please please please help me to measure your weight and name badge and let me know the measurement of them ? Thank you very much.

Offline Enz0man

« Reply #1524 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 12:33:10 »
Saw there were some updates last year of a few boards being shipped by Kuang2 and Insomnium. Did anything ever come of that?

Offline mniels

« Reply #1525 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:08:54 »
Not that I have seen.  I have chalked it up to a loss.  Still pisses me off every time I think about the bull**** this group buy was.  $700 I will never get back.

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #1526 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:13:12 »
Nope; despite the updates they never sent anything out despite saying they could/would

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1527 on: Fri, 23 April 2021, 13:20:50 »
Yeah, the last update that I was told was that the pcbs were having issues when they were tested. However nothing new since, and that was back in October.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Offline Enz0man

« Reply #1528 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 12:20:54 »
Well that's a shame, thought something would finally be done about all our lost boards. Oh well, I've also accepted that I'm never getting this money back. Just like to check on it once in a while in case something magic happens  :D

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1529 on: Sat, 29 January 2022, 23:27:11 »
You won't believe this---but i received my board yesterday after nearly 5 years time--

it has imperfections and not sure you can call it a-stock--but after 5 years and counting the board a loss...its something

I provided Insomnium my proof of payment of shipment (the 2nd time around) and he did the rest (took time). Wouldnt have happened w/o his help -- thank you Insomnium

longest gb period fulfillment ever?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1530 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 09:41:57 »
Crazy. And Gratz!

« Reply #1531 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 10:42:47 »
Imagine being happy about a GB that ship 5 years later

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #1532 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 12:55:39 »

welcome to gh, nice first post  :cool:

actually no -- it diminished my faith in gb runners for some time.

nice that someone actually cared enough to lend a hand though

Offline gt1989

« Reply #1533 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 16:46:07 »

Actually, they should be happy about it because it means that they didn't get robbed of money in the end.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 January 2022, 16:52:09 by gt1989 »

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1534 on: Sat, 04 June 2022, 18:07:08 »
So who is the best bet at getting these moving again?

https://www.reddit.com/user/Insomniae ?

Would be dope to get my board, and I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking so.

Offline pinkpurpleteal

« Reply #1535 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 14:11:03 »
I have an E8v1 with a faulty pcb.

Either I damaged it [most likely] or it arrived DOA.

Any tips on getting a replacement or repairing this one? https://imgur.com/a/5U8ykeF

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1536 on: Thu, 18 August 2022, 16:01:25 »
I have an E8v1 with a faulty pcb.

Either I damaged it [most likely] or it arrived DOA.

Any tips on getting a replacement or repairing this one? https://imgur.com/a/5U8ykeF

expand on the issue and maybe it can be diagnosed

is it just totally dead or it is recognized and some keys don't work?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pinkpurpleteal

« Reply #1537 on: Sat, 20 August 2022, 12:20:14 »
Hey puddsy, the pcb can plug in but doesnt power up. the device is recognized as plugged in but no keys work, leds dont turn on. i sent you a msg on disc also

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1538 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 12:39:47 »
Hey puddsy, the pcb can plug in but doesnt power up. the device is recognized as plugged in but no keys work, leds dont turn on. i sent you a msg on disc also

i did not receive your discord message, my discord is puddsy#3434

but if it's not powering on it's likely you are screwed
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1539 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 13:43:20 »
There are so few people who actually own this board, so having only a handful of PCBs commissioned is gonna be expensive.  However, I do own one and would be interested in buying a spare if you go down that road.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1540 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 15:23:02 »
There are so few people who actually own this board, so having only a handful of PCBs commissioned is gonna be expensive.  However, I do own one and would be interested in buying a spare if you go down that road.

you can get 5 made (SMD presoldered, rp2040 controller) for under $150 so from a manu i know, if someone is willing to do the work to organize it/make the file i can give you the hookup
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 August 2022, 15:26:13 by Puddsy »

Offline Gajible

« Reply #1541 on: Thu, 07 September 2023, 10:26:54 »
Just going to nudge this out of sheer curiosity, especially since I'm now seeing people involved in this mess resurfacing in the community.