Author Topic: [IC] BSUN Strawberry Cheesecake Switch  (Read 5839 times)

Offline kentdo10

[IC] BSUN Strawberry Cheesecake Switch
« on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 06:41:51 »
Background Introduction

Hello everyone, I am Keebaholics. Some of you might know me as the Project Manager for ALLCAPS Keyboard and Accessories in Australia. While I still work there, I feel it is time to have my own space to work on projects I love. Hence, TORO Studio came to life with the help of my friends. Cheesecake Switch is the first project the studio release to the public but there will be more to come. We have another 2 projects in the prototype phase and more information will be released soon. Please join our discord to be updated with the latest information.

Switch Information

Not just keyboard but I also share a great passion for food. My favourite dessert was Strawberry Cheesecake. Also, as a tactile fan, I love the Holy Panda. However, my fingers are weak and I can't type on them for long. Hence, I try to make a switch that retains the goodness of the Holy Panda but is more comfortable to type on even for a long period. That was the whole inspiration for me to make this switch a reality.

Compare the Strawberry Cheesecake switch against Holy Panda and Bsun Hutt tactile switch, it is slightly more prominent than the Drop Holy Panda and more prominent and rounded compared to the Bsun Hutt.

Switch specification:
Top Housing: POK. Patone 11-0510 TPG
Bottom Housing: POK. Pantone 4026C
Stem: 13.7mm LY Stem. Pantone 19-1763 TPG
Spring: Dual-stage 18mm 60g. Bottom out at 58g (due to longer stem)
Factory lube: Yes. Factory lubrication will be applied on the stem rails and bottom housing sliders. No Lube will be applied on the Stem Leg. Dry film oil will be applied on the spring instead of oil to prevent the oil dripping down to the bottom of the housing.
Travel distance: 3.2mm
Manufacturer: BSUN
Pricing: 0.5usd/switch (in-stock pricing)

Force Graph

Switch photos:
These are real photos taken from the prototypes I had. I don't know how to render so yeah lol

Vendors
To ensure the broadest reach for the switches, I will be collaborating with many vendors worldwide. This ensures that as many people can purchase this switch at the lowest possible shipping. If more vendors from other regions wish to collaborate, you can contact me and we might be able to work something out.

Whether this switch should be offered as in-stock or pre-order is still under consideration. The quantity will be limited (depending on how many switches each vendor decides to order). While I understand the frustration of waiting, I might consider having the switch go live as a quick pre-order to help out vendors financially.

List of confirmed vendors:
CA: Mech.Land
US: KFA
UK: Prototypist
EU: KeyGem
SG/Malaysia: Ktechs, Mecha
Indonesia: KuKey Studio
VN: UniqMech
OCE: Allcaps
Thailand: Aiglatson Studio
Taiwan: Typo! Works
JP: Basekeys
Nordics: MaxGaming
CN/ROW: NLandKeys

Sound test
NLandKeys Molly60 - Alu plate - Gasket Poron Strip mount

Nuxros Keyboard Krush65 - Alu plate - Top mount and O-ring mount

Dunne Work Katze60 - Alu plate - O-ring mount

Dunne Work Kitsune - Alu plate - O-ring mount

Monokei x TGR Tomo - Alu plate - Top mount

Geon Work F1-88 - Alu plate - O-ring Gasket mount

I plan to make more sound tests in the coming days and will update the playlist. I am reaching out to some content creators to see if they keen to try out my switches and share some thoughts on it.

To-do list:
- Sending out prototypes to vendors (prototypes should be sent to all vendor this week) Prototypes are shipped to all vendors.
- Reaching out to some content creators. Already got some on board. Prototypes are currently being shipped to them.
- Finalise IC and make adjustments where necessary

Timeline:
This timeline is tentative and might change depending on the progress of the project.

- Mid-April - Mid-May: IC live, sending out prototypes to vendors and content creators. Making adjustments where necessary.
- Mid-May - End of June: Production underway
- July - August: having switches ship to vendors.
- Early-August - Mid-August: product going live (this might change depending on how production progresses)

IC form

I am very thankful that you have spent the time to read till the end of the IC.
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 April 2024, 22:38:16 by kentdo10 »

Offline kentdo10

Re: [IC] BSUN Strawberry Cheesecake Switch
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 06:58:06 »
reserved

Offline sauvieng

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 07:05:49 »
mmm i love chescake very gud

Offline keepoto

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 08:01:21 »
nice hands

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 08:49:38 »
Please excuse me being an idiot and unable to read the force graph; what's the pre-travel before tactility bump and/or activation?
Let the Holy Handgrenades rain.
Hammering on an old Happy Hacking Pro 2. Still going strong!

Offline irithyll

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 15 April 2024, 17:56:26 »
I need these.

Offline kentdo10

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 16 April 2024, 02:43:53 »
Please excuse me being an idiot and unable to read the force graph; what's the pre-travel before tactility bump and/or activation?
There is pretty much no pre-travel for my switch. So you will go straight to the prominent, round bump. Then it will be a little bit of post-travel and bottom out (due to longer pole)

Offline kentdo10

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 16 April 2024, 02:44:18 »

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 April 2024, 01:03:16 »
There is pretty much no pre-travel for my switch. So you will go straight to the prominent, round bump. Then it will be a little bit of post-travel and bottom out (due to longer pole)

Right, that's what I thought and it really confused me LOL

I'm used to topre, which behaves the same way, so I am really looking forward to trying these

Thank you!

Offline EUGeniusX1

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 April 2024, 13:42:53 »

Offline kentdo10

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 20 April 2024, 22:36:17 »
Quick update on the project:
- New sound test added.
- All prototypes shipped to vendors.
- Got some content creators on board. Prototypes are also being shipped to them.

« Last Edit: Sat, 20 April 2024, 22:39:52 by kentdo10 »

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 05:08:14 »
These won't be available at unikeyboards right?

Offline kentdo10

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 06:03:56 »

Hey mate, It won't be available at UniKeyboards. The vendor list is above and it is finalised. I feel that it should cover most regions.

Offline vhaarr

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 07:34:43 »
Hey mate, It won't be available at UniKeyboards. The vendor list is above and it is finalised. I feel that it should cover most regions.

Yes, that's not what I asked, I'm just going to put in an order there and wanted to know if I should wait a bit.

My region is definitely covered.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 22 April 2024, 11:16:02 »

These are in IC on Unikey's Discord right now. Unless something changed very recently, they should be available from Uni sometime in the future. When that is though, who knows.

Offline kentdo10

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 23 April 2024, 02:50:43 »

These are in IC on Unikey's Discord right now. Unless something changed very recently, they should be available from Uni sometime in the future. When that is though, who knows.
Hello, can you link me to the IC on the UniKey's Discord? only see the IC of Strawberry Shortcake switch which is made by HMX. This one is Strawberry Cheesecake made by BSUN.

Offline h3lli0n

• oliversphotoblog.com
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 24 April 2024, 11:31:31 »