Author Topic: [GB] Rama Works KOYU  (Read 156211 times)

Offline bball2

Re: [GB] Rama Works KOYU
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 21:06:37 »
Two dead keys on my pcb, no response when trying to activated with some tweezers either from the front or back. Unfortunately one of them is the space bar so can't really use the keyboard at all :-(

I think I'm going to switch my M80A order away from hot swap.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 July 2019, 21:08:54 by bball2 »

Offline Kelseer

« Reply #401 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 21:27:51 »
Awesome combos everyone  :o

All KOYU units are now shipped, final shipments are being picked up by DHL Express this afternoon! Any issues, please contact support@rama.works and we'll sort it out as quickly as we can.

Congrats on this! On the matter of extras, will you know when the extras will be up for invoice, or will you publish a list in advance?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #402 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 21:51:32 »
Two dead keys on my pcb, no response when trying to activated with some tweezers either from the front or back. Unfortunately one of them is the space bar so can't really use the keyboard at all :-(

I think I'm going to switch my M80A order away from hot swap.

Contact support through Rama website and you’ll have a replacement rather quickly. Don’t give up on hotswap so easily.  It’s fun!   ^-^

Offline bball2

« Reply #403 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 22:04:01 »
Contact support through Rama website and you’ll have a replacement rather quickly. Don’t give up on hotswap so easily.  It’s fun!   ^-^

Yep already sent an e-mail! Yeah might give it another shot, I guess you never know which new switches are going to come out in the future and you can try them out without having to desolder / solder.

Offline miyegi

« Reply #404 on: Thu, 25 July 2019, 23:47:36 »
Over the Moon right now.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 17:31:52 »
My KOYU arrived today.   It is awesome !

I have got this switch removal tool:  https://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-albu-g6-M00-1C-A1-rBVaR1rXuwqABNdzAACKwjnNGK0829.jpg/switch-puller-remover-tool-for-cherry-kailh.jpg

It is a bit awkward to remove corner switches.   Is there a better tool?
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 July 2019, 17:33:30 by Marutks »

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #406 on: Fri, 26 July 2019, 18:00:32 »

I have got this switch removal tool:  https://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-albu-g6-M00-1C-A1-rBVaR1rXuwqABNdzAACKwjnNGK0829.jpg/switch-puller-remover-tool-for-cherry-kailh.jpg

I’ve also got that green one, but it’s a bit big like you say.
My favorite is this one, which is the one that i always use: https://kbdfans.com/products/product?_pos=1

Looking forward to ramas new puller tho

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #407 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 01:37:26 »

We'll have our XO Switch Removal Tool (http://rama.link/rw-blog-05) ready in about 20-25 days - there will be a few distributors globally who will also stock it. We where aiming to have them ready to go by the KOYU but unfortunately with all the design revisions it set us back a bit - they're designed so it works on the top switches etc :)

Also, with the IC removal tools - you can bent the feet at an angle which helps it fit better for the top switches :)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Nevermore012

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 18:40:40 »

We'll have our XO Switch Removal Tool (http://rama.link/rw-blog-05) ready in about 20-25 days - there will be a few distributors globally who will also stock it. We where aiming to have them ready to go by the KOYU but unfortunately with all the design revisions it set us back a bit - they're designed so it works on the top switches etc :)

Also, with the IC removal tools - you can bent the feet at an angle which helps it fit better for the top switches :)
is the switch puller sell on your store for ordering or only include in m80 and m60 seq2? thanks Rama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bball2

« Reply #409 on: Sat, 27 July 2019, 20:31:03 »
Holy ****, that configurator app, this should be the new standard in all mechanical keyboards!!

That is absolutely amazing  :thumb:

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #410 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 06:38:17 »

How hard is the coating? Will it scratch plates? I have the standard green one and it leaves scratches unless you're extra-super careful which is a damn shame

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #411 on: Sun, 28 July 2019, 07:47:54 »
I have the standard green one and it leaves scratches unless you're extra-super careful which is a damn shame

While not ideal, you can always put tape or shrink wrap around the prongs.

Offline velox_aquilae

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 07:45:19 »
Anyone has any suggestions on how to protect the KOYU anodization in the long-term?

I remember seeing someone's keyboard with two clear spots where their hands rested on the frame. I've seen a suggestion of using carnauba wax. Thoughts?

Offline kgorin

• Formerly aka_gk
« Reply #413 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 16:33:04 »
Anyone has any suggestions on how to protect the KOYU anodization in the long-term?

I remember seeing someone's keyboard with two clear spots where their hands rested on the frame. I've seen a suggestion of using carnauba wax. Thoughts?
I know that's not what you've asked but type with your hands in the air and only _rest_ them on the wrist _rest_. Your wrists will thank you for that, additionally you won't ruin the finish 😄

Offline Wicky

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 20:24:11 »
Koyu Moon / Modern Dolch / Gateron Inks

Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #415 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 07:41:10 »
Koyu Moon / Modern Dolch / Gateron Inks
Show Image

Show Image

MoDo goes insanely well with that, excellent pics!

Offline Cornutgi

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 00:34:57 »
When will the extra units be available? Or did I miss the window already :/

Offline forelsket

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 03:39:58 »
When will the extra units be available? Or did I miss the window already :/

1 to 2 weeks

Offline NOLA

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 09:24:56 »
Wow. I've been wanting this keyboard baaaaad. Will they be available on the website? Should I just keep checking it or maybe keep up with this thread I guess. Would love to get my hands on a Koyu.

Offline forelsket

« Reply #419 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 14:32:05 »
Wow. I've been wanting this keyboard baaaaad. Will they be available on the website? Should I just keep checking it or maybe keep up with this thread I guess. Would love to get my hands on a Koyu.

u may signup for the waitlist on the website. alternatively u may hunt for one on r/mechmarket

Offline NOLA

« Reply #420 on: Thu, 01 August 2019, 14:48:32 »

u may signup for the waitlist on the website. alternatively u may hunt for one on r/mechmarket
I don't see where to sign up on the mobile site.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline forelsket

« Reply #421 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 07:21:43 »

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2tpxnsyNrTYiXS3xcNLyNfjQqXTiiIS7Rcl31cYVDpXAihQ/viewform

Offline NOLA

« Reply #422 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 10:55:40 »

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc2tpxnsyNrTYiXS3xcNLyNfjQqXTiiIS7Rcl31cYVDpXAihQ/viewform

Thanks! Signed up for Sage (first option) to go with the Ghost S1 pangaea I just ordered. Second option is the Kuro. Appreciate the link.

Offline shenan97

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 12:04:20 »
So would I be able to order this keyboard anytime soon ?

Offline NOLA

« Reply #424 on: Fri, 02 August 2019, 12:09:12 »
So would I be able to order this keyboard anytime soon ?

Read the last several posts. That will point you in the right direction. :thumb:

Offline Pigjackal

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 21:58:38 »
Anyone have measurements on the Koyu? Want to know it’s length with those thick bezels

Offline moonmembrane

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 22:38:05 »
Anyone have measurements on the Koyu? Want to know it’s length with those thick bezels

Here you go. Rama shared this in an earlier post :thumb:

Offline Wicky

« Reply #427 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 13:35:39 »
Is anybody having issues with the usb-c daughter board? With some cables the board only works with the cable oriented one way but not the other. And with another cable if I give the connector a minor wiggle when it's inserted the board disconnects from the computer. All cables I've tested work with my other usb-c devices.
Pok3r RGB | Planck | Lightsaver v3 | HHKB Pro 2 | Rama Koyu | Lubrigante | TGR Alice | Unikorn | Unikorn Poly | Thermal | KFE CE | 7v | Pandora | Viper v3 | Moment r0 | Bias r2

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #428 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:32:54 »
The extras sale opened, but it doesn't seem like there's inventory. Did it just sell out extremely quickly?

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #429 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:34:07 »
The extras sale opened, but it doesn't seem like there's inventory. Did it just sell out extremely quickly?

Same boat, I'm used to sneaker drops so I'm not exactly surprised. But, I figured no one would stoop low enough to use bots for such a niche hobby like mechanical keyboards.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:35:16 »

Same boat, I'm used to sneaker drops so I'm not exactly surprised. But, I figured no one would stoop low enough to use bots for such a niche hobby like mechanical keyboards.

Same here. Logged in on the money and no boards available. That sucks.

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #431 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:36:13 »

Same here. Logged in on the money and no boards available. That sucks.

I'm thinking it's an error on Rama's side, I refuse to believe every single colour sold that instantly.

Offline _Paco

« Reply #432 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:39:15 »
APOLOGIES FOR THE ERROR, KOYU EXTRAS LIVE AT 5PM PST / 10AM AEST

Message on the site ^

Offline NOLA

« Reply #433 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:39:57 »
Would be nice if they would post an update here. Whether or not it was a quick sell out or a glitch.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #434 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:41:11 »

Message on the site ^

Thanks. I had a sad for a minute. Rama messing with my feelings. lol

Offline despairsray

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 18:43:55 »

Message on the site ^

That's what I was saying too lol

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #436 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:02:35 »
Welp that was upsetting, the site updated before the new launch time so it was selling out before I got there.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #437 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:02:47 »

Message on the site ^

Even though there are listed options, white is all that is left.

That's what I was saying too lol

Offline olaf3

« Reply #438 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:04:24 »
I managed to pick up a Mist Koyu, hopefully delivery is fast on these, I'm keen.

Offline despairsray

« Reply #439 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:05:09 »
Welp that was upsetting, the site updated before the new launch time so it was selling out before I got there.

Yeah I noticed it launched at like 4:59:30 pst. They had mist, sage and haze but they sold out instantly. Now they only have milk.

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:06:54 »

Yeah I noticed it launched at like 4:59:30 pst. They had mist, sage and haze but they sold out instantly. Now they only have milk.

White doesn't work, it looks like an error again. Says it's out of stock when I check out.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #441 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:07:06 »

Sucks. I wanted the sage to match my pangaea ghost. Oh well. Don't want the white. Guess I'll wait on the SEQ2 edition when it drops.

Offline SGRX

« Reply #442 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:07:18 »
Well, that was a waste of time.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #443 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:08:11 »
Can't believe white has not sold out still.    Any word on when these extras are shipping?

Offline willdta

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:09:45 »
No love for the milk. Oh well, guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. SO happy I got it. :)

Offline Nevermore012

« Reply #445 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:10:36 »
Can't believe white has not sold out still.    Any word on when these extras are shipping?
it was sold out when you check out, they said it was out of stock, wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alasam

« Reply #446 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:11:20 »
I can't even check out a Milk! It keeps saying sold out but the option is there.

Offline SGRX

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:11:40 »

It shows in stock in the store, but out of stock if you add it to your cart.

Offline gaustin

« Reply #448 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:12:27 »
I was able to pick up a Milk! Super excited for this!

Offline kryzis

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:19:51 »
I actually got all the way to enter my credit card info to pick up a milk, but I missed the captcha on first submit. Completed the captcha... sold out. :(