Author Topic: TTC Gold V2 Brown switch review!  (Read 5924 times)

Offline Reimu_64

• KeebWorks
TTC Gold V2 Brown switch review!
« on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 16:16:52 »

Offline HungerMechanic

Re: TTC Gold V2 Brown switch review!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 21:53:14 »
So would you say this is worth lubing and building as a 'better brown,' or is the switch just not high-grade enough?

Offline Reimu_64

• KeebWorks
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 07:51:56 »
So would you say this is worth lubing and building as a 'better brown,' or is the switch just not high-grade enough?

I can’t say how it performs when lubed because I haven’t tried it, but I wouldn’t waste my time doing it either. The tactile bump just isn’t tactile enough for me personally. I think it’s a good switch if you’re the experimental type, if you like swapping the stems and that jazz. Also, just checked that these are still on NovelKeys for cheap!

Offline equalunique

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 09:27:30 »
Personally I like these. The pre-travel  is a little shorter than plain Gateron/Cherry/Kailh Browns, so IMO that makes them kind of like the small-bump brown-equivalent to "Halo" style switches. Not saying the bump is more noticeable than a regular brown, just that it's at a height I like. I have them lubed with some Tribosys on my current gaming keyboard.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2020, 09:32:36 by equalunique »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 19:25:33 »
Yeah, I don't mind light tactiles. It's fun to grind with heavy Ergo Clears or mash some Holy Pandas, but so much of the world types on light tactiles. I think there's a place for them. And if TTC Gold V2 Browns are like 'slightly smoother, slightly-improved Cherry Browns,' then they might be okay with lubing, as equalunique suggests.

[I like the Kailh tactiles that place the bump higher, such as BOX Browns, Pro Purples, and Speed Coppers. Although none of these switches are perfect.]