Author Topic: Buying keycaps on Taobao  (Read 8551 times)

Offline kekman

• quit life
Buying keycaps on Taobao
« on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 07:44:59 »
Are there any notably reputable sellers on Taobao? I see lots of keycap sellers claiming PBT at very low prices so I'm not sure about the quality of the legends, thickness etc.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Buying keycaps on Taobao
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 07:58:41 »
Are there any notably reputable sellers on Taobao? I see lots of keycap sellers claiming PBT at very low prices so I'm not sure about the quality of the legends, thickness etc.

You might wanna go with enjoypbt, they've reputable product
and they're on taobao
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 05:39:14 »
In me experience all I've got from taobao had been legit. I've bought 3 keyboards, novelties, keysets and a lot of phone accessories.

It's all lived up to my expectations. Latest I got the keyboard that has interchangeable switches. They simply plug out of the board. Except for the led colors I love that board and it was only about 60$!

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 05:59:42 »
In me experience all I've got from taobao had been legit. I've bought 3 keyboards, novelties, keysets and a lot of phone accessories.

It's all lived up to my expectations. Latest I got the keyboard that has interchangeable switches. They simply plug out of the board. Except for the led colors I love that board and it was only about 60$!

can you link me to that? it sounds very interesting, is the mechanism a part of the plate or pcb?

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 06:33:56 »

can you link me to that? it sounds very interesting, is the mechanism a part of the plate or pcb?
Not sure if I linked correctly because I'm on mobile and vpn and stuff: https://detail.m.tmall.com/item.htm?id=524142355125&spm=a2141.7631730.0.i1

The switches can just be pulled out of the circuit board with the opposite end of the keycap puller that comes in the box.
The LEDs are soldered on the pcb below the keycap so you just use a switch with no LEDs in.

The quality is unbelievable compared to the price. Metal case and nice look.
Not a fan of the keycaps look though.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 16:00:36 »
That link didn't work but I'm also interested in that keyboard.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Frizer

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 16:38:46 »
Had no problems with the buying process when I picked up GMK Valentine from taobao. However a week after buying someone tried to spend $12k on my credit card which has put me off taobao somewhat.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 19:52:06 »
Had no problems with the buying process when I picked up GMK Valentine from taobao. However a week after buying someone tried to spend $12k on my credit card which has put me off taobao somewhat.

well that's not nice

Offline carmenohio

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 19:37:17 »
Most things from Taobao should be pretty safe to buy.  I've made 5 purchases on Taobao and everything came through as advertised.

Offline Khuya

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 00:21:42 »
BOught a bunch of stuff on Taobao, all seems good, quality is as expected.  I would recommend.

Offline Tangtawan

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 16:53:03 »
How did you guys managed to order from Taobao? Can you order directly with your credit card like from ebay or aliexpress, or you have to make a purchase through cargo middleman ?
My boards : Model F AT (6450200), Industrial M (1394950), Model M SSK (1391472), Model M13 (13H6705), Model M (1390131), Focus FK-2001 (ALPS SKCM Blue), HHKB Pro 2, Realforce 87U 55g, KBP V80 Matias Click, TADA68 (Gateron Reds), Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (67g Ergo Clears), Cherry G80-11800 (Ergo Clears), KBT One 108 (MX White), Ducky One TKL RGB (MX Black), Filco Majestouch Tenkeypad (MX Brown), Leopold FC210TP (MX Red)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 16:57:43 »
How did you guys managed to order from Taobao? Can you order directly with your credit card like from ebay or aliexpress, or you have to make a purchase through cargo middleman ?
Unless you love in China you're most likely going to have to find a proxy.

Bhiner, taoboaring, taoboafocus etc...

Offline Tangtawan

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 01:49:23 »

I did try placing order with Taobaofocus, they said I have to make the first payment in which the price has already increased a lot from original. What does first payment means? and how many times do I have to pay before getting the item. I live in Thailand though.
My boards : Model F AT (6450200), Industrial M (1394950), Model M SSK (1391472), Model M13 (13H6705), Model M (1390131), Focus FK-2001 (ALPS SKCM Blue), HHKB Pro 2, Realforce 87U 55g, KBP V80 Matias Click, TADA68 (Gateron Reds), Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (67g Ergo Clears), Cherry G80-11800 (Ergo Clears), KBT One 108 (MX White), Ducky One TKL RGB (MX Black), Filco Majestouch Tenkeypad (MX Brown), Leopold FC210TP (MX Red)

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 01:50:29 »

I did try placing order with Taobaofocus, they said I have to make the first payment in which the price has already increased a lot from original. What does first payment means? and how many times do I have to pay before getting the item. I live in Thailand though.

usually the first payment is a deposit in order to make sure that you are a legitimate buyer, so when they order the item and receive it they aren't left in the dark by a buyer who never paid for the item

Offline Nisei

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 10:18:23 »
Are you guys buying straight from Taobao sellers? How?
I've never tried that because most of them don't do business with buyers outside of China so I've always used buychina.com as an agent.
You can paste the url of a taobao item in their search field and you get a price in US$ and they take care of everything. Their prices are very reasonable but sometimes I have the feeling I could get things much cheaper if I order directly.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 02:08:07 »
Are you guys buying straight from Taobao sellers? How?
I've never tried that because most of them don't do business with buyers outside of China so I've always used buychina.com as an agent.
You can paste the url of a taobao item in their search field and you get a price in US$ and they take care of everything. Their prices are very reasonable but sometimes I have the feeling I could get things much cheaper if I order directly.

i was in china recently. i bought several items, all came within 2 days. unfortunately one of my orders, an infinity kit was falsely advertised. i spent extra for the blank black dsa keycaps from signature plastics but i received a preassembled, gh60 in a bent steel case with cheap abs with gamer font on it.