Author Topic: [Experiment] Artisan Keycap Library/Tour  (Read 27010 times)

Offline ccarlitos2

Re: [Experiment] Artisan Keycap Library/Tour
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:26:16 »
I'm surprised no one has asked for the hoot xD or they just didn't look closely enough. Owls can be pretty stealthy.......

Yeah, that's part of the reason I wanted to compile the list to go alongside the photo.  I didn't realize just how hard it is to visually verify the colors/sculpts until I started to do so myself.  :))

Is this the whole family or do you have other caps you are not letting go of?
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:29:07 »
I'm surprised no one has asked for the hoot xD or they just didn't look closely enough. Owls can be pretty stealthy.......

Yeah, that's part of the reason I wanted to compile the list to go alongside the photo.  I didn't realize just how hard it is to visually verify the colors/sculpts until I started to do so myself.  :))

The photo contains every artisan cap in my possession, but obviously they are not all available for loan (mostly out of concern for the safety of the caps). 

And I will be slowly depleting the collection as I go along, so expect me to add more notes of caps that are no longer mine.  :P

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:30:45 »

The photo contains every artisan cap in my possession, but obviously they are not all available for loan (mostly out of concern for the safety of the caps). 

And I will be slowly depleting the collection as I go along, so expect me to add more notes of caps that are no longer mine.  :P

Well if you decide to get rid of that hoot.... or those snackeys.... you know the city I live in xD good luck with this endeavor :) I hope no one steals from you!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:32:29 »

Well if you decide to get rid of that hoot.... or those snackeys.... you know the city I live in xD good luck with this endeavor :) I hope no one steals from you!

Hehehe, you're funny.  :P  Those aren't near the top of the list of caps to get rid of, to put it gently.  ;)  You are more than welcome to enter the list and borrow them though.  :-*

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:34:00 »

Hehehe, you're funny.  :P  Those aren't near the top of the list of caps to get rid of, to put it gently.  ;)  You are more than welcome to enter the list and borrow them though.  :-*

I figured haha! With the pressure and stress that school is putting on me right now I'd be afraid of not having time to send the cap back. Maybe if this continues after graduation :) just 3 more months lol

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:35:27 »
Hoff is the crystal lake fn set up for loan?  It didn't have a number on it.  If it is, could I check it out, and 46?

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:36:31 »
Hoff.. please take me off that list. I 've been running into shipping problems and do NOT need/want to lose your cap in the mail.
If possible I might reach back out to you once I get a po box set up. But for the time being I can't seem to get my address right.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:38:48 »
Hoff is the crystal lake fn set up for loan?  It didn't have a number on it.  If it is, could I check it out, and 46?

The Crystal Lake fn set is not available to the "general public" (sorry everyone).  I can, of course, always loan it to people outside the scope of this project.  Would you like me to add you to the list for 46 and I will likely include Crystal Lake as well?

Hoff.. please take me off that list. I 've been running into shipping problems and do NOT need/want to lose your cap in the mail.
If possible I might reach back out to you once I get a po box set up. But for the time being I can't seem to get my address right.

Will do.  If you'd like to be re-added at any time, please don't hesitate to ask.  :thumb:

Offline btctopre

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:40:01 »
feel free to remove my name, i legitimately just wanted to see a good, clean picture or two of under the sea since i hadn't ever really come across any :P

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:41:51 »

The Crystal Lake fn set is not available to the "general public" (sorry everyone).  I can, of course, always loan it to people outside the scope of this project.  Would you like me to add you to the list for 46 and I will likely include Crystal Lake as well?

No rush or anything but I would love to check either one or both sometime.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:53:27 »
feel free to remove my name, i legitimately just wanted to see a good, clean picture or two of under the sea since i hadn't ever really come across any :P

:thumb:  I will work on getting you one.  :)  Remind me in a day or two when I will have some time. 

No rush or anything but I would love to check either one or both sometime.

I've added you to the bottom of the list, so it might be a slight while.  :P

Offline dohbot

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 20:55:14 »

:thumb:  I will work on getting you one.  :)  Remind me in a day or two when I will have some time. 

I'm in a similar situation with that SloFi, I am always worried whenever I have something in the mail that I am afraid it will be lost, and I don't really want that anxiety over your cap. But I'd love a closer picture of that sweet slofi!
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 21:02:21 »

I'm in a similar situation with that SloFi, I am always worried whenever I have something in the mail that I am afraid it will be lost, and I don't really want that anxiety over your cap. But I'd love a closer picture of that sweet slofi!

Just to confirm, are you asking me to remove your name?  If you have a concern, I can do so, but I want people to remember that I am more than happy to lend them out if they are included in the list.  :)  I know what I'm getting myself into, and I think the experience of getting these caps into as many hands as possible outweighs the risks.  :-*  But of course I won't force it upon anyone, and I understand that you may not want to deal with the anxiety.  :thumb:  It's your choice ultimately.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 02 February 2016, 21:53:43 »

Just to confirm, are you asking me to remove your name?  If you have a concern, I can do so, but I want people to remember that I am more than happy to lend them out if they are included in the list.  :)  I know what I'm getting myself into, and I think the experience of getting these caps into as many hands as possible outweighs the risks.  :-*  But of course I won't force it upon anyone, and I understand that you may not want to deal with the anxiety.  :thumb:  It's your choice ultimately.
Yes please :-*. Maybe once this is a better established thing and the line for Flux shortens, I'll want to see it in person :P. But until then I'll be watching :)
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:16:03 »
I looked in OP but couldn't see anything about it. Are you paying for shipping Hoff? I feel like that would rack up rather quick. The least we could do is pay for that if it's not the case already. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 12:31:49 »
I looked in OP but couldn't see anything about it. Are you paying for shipping Hoff? I feel like that would rack up rather quick. The least we could do is pay for that if it's not the case already. :thumb:

Rule #3 states that the borrower pays shipping both ways.

Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:16:58 »

Correct. I am also re-stating the rules in the PMs I send out. And stating that rule twice, since it is the first rule to be dealt with (before the cap even leaves my hand).

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:33:45 »
Hoff you can put as a definite! I really want to check out 49 and will for sure send them back to you.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:17:00 »

Correct. I am also re-stating the rules in the PMs I send out. And stating that rule twice, since it is the first rule to be dealt with (before the cap even leaves my hand).

Oh damn I can't believe I missed it haha. I swear I read it over, maybe just not that well. ;)

This is such a fantastic gesture Hoff, risky but honorable. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 17:30:13 »

Oh damn I can't believe I missed it haha. I swear I read it over, maybe just not that well. ;)

This is such a fantastic gesture Hoff, risky but honorable. :thumb:

Haha, no worries at all.  :P  I'd always rather answer a question multiple times than enter into an agreement like this with any confusion.  :thumb:

Offline Pdub

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 22:37:34 »
Hoff. This is really nice of you! I don't want to borrow any. Hope you get them all back safe and sound.

PS if you don't want that Oktoberfest Clack anymore. I will buy it from you for $5.00. ;) kidding. Unless you're into it.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 00:33:35 »

Wonderful idea! makes me wish I was in the States.

It's not necessarily limited to CONUS only!  See my response to crypto above.  :)

Cannot believe I missed this...amazing dude, hats off to you.

I'll wait until you do a few rotations to request anything as to not be a hassle to the local folks.  :thumb:

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:11:54 »
It seems this is over!

I would love to borrow 78,57,65, Because I plan to own of these one day. I will come back in 2-3 years and ask for 86 :P
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:32:45 »
Woot! Just realized I made the "list." However, it reads unconfirmed something next to my name, but I can't scroll to read the rest.

I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries here, but I'd love also to check out 38, 46, and 74. Is that 46 one of the color-changing ones?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:35:30 »
Woot! Just realized I made the "list." However, it reads unconfirmed something next to my name, but I can't scroll to read the rest.

"unconfirmed interest"

I imagine it means he's not sure if you actually wanted the cap or not.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:38:01 »

"unconfirmed interest"

Oh... That makes sense.

Sure! I'd love to check it out. But I'm in no rush and can wait until everyone has had their turn.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 08:41:00 »

"unconfirmed interest"

Oh... That makes sense.

Sure! I'd love to check it out. But I'm in no rush and can wait until everyone has had their turn.

Yep, I used that term because you made the comment about wanting it before I made any of this official, and at the time that riot thought I was joking about loaning Flux out. :P So I included you and reserved your spot in the list, but wanted to confirm your interest.  :thumb:

I'll get that fixed up this evening, and respond to the others in here as well. I'm stuck on mobile for the day so can't do much more.  :)

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 11:14:21 »
In order of preference, can I be in the running to borrow 50, 59, and/or 47?  Got my Paypal open already ;)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 12:01:31 »
This is intense Hoff.  :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:43:21 »
I have sent PMs to the following users to confirm interest:
  • jb1830
  • iamtootallforthis
  • jdcarpe

I also updated the spreadsheet to include a "Status" column to help keep track of things for myself.  If you see a question mark in this column by your name, it means that I am still unsure whether or not your interest is serious.  Please post here to clarify.  If you have already done so, I apologize for missing it, and feel free to do so again.  :)

Also, you will notice that I am not going strictly in chronological order; this is not in any way intended to be "unfair", but rather (as mentioned previously) a minimally stressful way to get the most caps out at once.  I will generally only skip around like this if the person I'm skipping to is *unquestionably* reliable, like JD.  If I didn't do this, I would have sent a PM to 'nobody' instead.  Hope you understand.  :-*

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 03:15:45 »
Hoff if someone were to steal a cap from u, pm me the adress you send it to, I'll get it fixed.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 05:11:10 »
Hoff if someone were to steal a cap from u, pm me the adress you send it to, I'll get it fixed.

A friend of mine is in the French special forces...I certainly wouldn't f- with you guys.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 08:38:26 »
Just so that folks don't think I'm being negligent, Hoffman has kindly extended my deadline slightly on the Flux in anticipation of a new camera set to arrive the day of the deadline. Thanks Hoff!  :-*

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:18:02 »
Just so that folks don't think I'm being negligent, Hoffman has kindly extended my deadline slightly on the Flux in anticipation of a new camera set to arrive the day of the deadline. Thanks Hoff!  :-*

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:32:49 »

(Attachment Link)

Y'all going to have to wait.  :-*

(But only a couple days longer -- I'll very likely ship it this weekend.)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:46:19 »
As an impartial moderator, I removed the reported posts as I believe that is off-topic and can be dealt with over PM if necessary. PM me if you have any concerns.  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:02:13 »
STOP DELETING MY **** U DAMN MODS
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 14:00:00 »
Just got #49 in the mail!

Will get pictures later today. Tested it under a UV light and it reacts to a pretty vibrant neon green. Really cool to see.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 10:14:31 »

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 10:38:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

Very nice detail. You will be taking some shots in the dark, right?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 10:51:34 »
Show Image

Show Image

Damn dude...what is that blank?  :eek:

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #141 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 10:52:37 »
Yep, I'll take some dark shots.

It's a Hyperfuse KWK blank. =)

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 11:01:56 »

Holy crap it's absolutely gorgeous man. KWK blanks have got to be one of the cleanest, most well cast of all of them. I'm guessing it's one of a kind?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 11:03:28 »

Holy crap it's absolutely gorgeous man. KWK blanks have got to be one of the cleanest, most well cast of all of them. I'm guessing it's one of a kind?

I thought there were two but I may be wrong.

Punks blanks are so damn clean! It's ridiculous!

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 23:42:33 »
Hey Hoff. Love your idea! I don't necessarily need to borrow it.. but does 99 match with gmk cyan at all?
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline PQTran

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 03:39:07 »
Hoff, your key caps collection is wow.. and you lending them out is just wow..
Hope everything goes well!  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:48:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

Gotta get these shots up in the Post Your Clacks thread too.  ;)

And holy crap that KWK blank is...  :O

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 15:32:43 »
I had a nightmare last night.

I dreamed that I got an orange binge sloth from hoff,
but apparently I forgot I had it and it had been months since I received it.
I was looking for the sloth and couldn't find it. Nowhere to be found.
I was afraid everyone was going to hate me.

It took me hours to convince myself that I don't have some artisan in my house, that I didn't remember getting.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 10:15:09 »
Hoff,

I will not be requesting anything but the fact that you are sharing your collection is amazing. I cannot express how awesome it is to have people like you in this community. keep up the good work.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:35:12 »
I know this is a weird request but would it be possible for you to take a macro shot of 99 and 101?

Never mind I managed to find some at your Flickr page.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 March 2016, 22:52:30 by fabian101 »
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C