Author Topic: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy (Closed for Orders)  (Read 427929 times)

Offline xninetynine

Re: Octagon V2 75% Kustom Keyboard Group Buy
« Reply #1250 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:39:14 »
If anyone has an extra one, I'm looking for Aluminum Bottom! Preferably light gray if anyone has!

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #1251 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 03:27:39 »
For all those who missed this, Elton just opened up the Blackbird GB yesterday.  F'ing stunning... Only 30 units, no second chances.

Offline beckshl

« Reply #1252 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 22:05:49 »
nt to say now
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 August 2016, 09:40:47 by beckshl »

Offline Proyoyo

« Reply #1253 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 08:48:54 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/4uj9qe/meta_scammer_umrbeckshl/

Not sure how true this is, but there's a red flag about beckshl.

Offline xninetynine

« Reply #1254 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 08:49:59 »

Good looking out proyoyo. I PMed him earlier. Lol

Offline beckshl

« Reply #1255 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 09:34:18 »
nt to say now
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 August 2016, 09:40:25 by beckshl »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1256 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 09:39:30 »

Something went wrong and I'm trying to sell my kit to refund this case.
lol how believable, explain yourself! :-\

Offline airs

« Reply #1257 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 17:55:29 »
Built my Octagon and I am super happy with it! Still looking for an extra PCB though and paying $100. Please PM me if interested :)

Pics from the build: https://imgur.com/a/1bkJe

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 August 2016, 17:58:39 by airs »
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Kubiedo

« Reply #1258 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 21:39:58 »
Shot in the dark, but is anyone selling their Octagon V2? I'm interested, please PM me! :)

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1259 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 17:46:34 »
Hey Elton, I've sent you a PM but haven't heard back. I really need the parts I'm missing.
Hana DSA - Duck Octagon V2| Ducky Mini - MX Red

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1260 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 18:04:58 »
Hey Elton, I've sent you a PM but haven't heard back. I really need the parts I'm missing.

What are you missing?

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1261 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 18:47:12 »

What are you missing?

Screws and feet. I only got 14 screw for the flat acrylic plate, and 0 screws and feet for my Acrylic angled piece

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1262 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 19:02:42 »
Also having a bit of trouble with flashing my keyboard. I think I may have messed up flashing it. The keyboard is recognized, but no lights or keys register with they computer.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 20:25:05 »
Also having a bit of trouble with flashing my keyboard. I think I may have messed up flashing it. The keyboard is recognized, but no lights or keys register with they computer.

PM me your email and I'll send you my HEX configuration and try flashing it with that.

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1264 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 20:27:28 »

PM me your email and I'll send you my HEX configuration and try flashing it with that.
Pm'd

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1265 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 21:25:19 »
Still having problems. Seems to be stuck in DFU and I can't get it out :/ still looking for some help please

Offline omgar

« Reply #1266 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 21:25:54 »
Still having problems. Seems to be stuck in DFU and I can't get it out :/ still looking for some help please

Have you tried flashing through FLIP?

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1267 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 21:31:51 »

I've held down the 2nd button to the top- right, yes. but I held down the top right most button before that and I think that may have screwed something up. Now whenever I plug it in regardless of holding down the button or not, it goes straight to DFU.

Offline omgar

« Reply #1268 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 22:06:29 »

I've held down the 2nd button to the top- right, yes. but I held down the top right most button before that and I think that may have screwed something up. Now whenever I plug it in regardless of holding down the button or not, it goes straight to DFU.

Sorry, I mean literally flashing the HEX file through Atmel FLIP? You would build your HEX through O2D and then flash it with FLIP. You could follow this guide save for the HEX building part. Proceed with caution.

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1269 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 22:51:18 »

Sorry, I mean literally flashing the HEX file through Atmel FLIP? You would build your HEX through O2D and then flash it with FLIP. You could follow this guide save for the HEX building part. Proceed with caution.

Just tried doing that. Erase and Blank Check pass but the Program step fails.

Offline omgar

« Reply #1270 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 08:26:37 »
Got mine yesterday!, won't be building it fully till I move in 10 days, anyone got any ideas for a black/green themed keycap set, or any other ideas I have the silver base also need to buy a usb wire.. thinking going with Zeal's green and black

Have you checked out Toxic set?
It would take sometime to find one now though

Appleonama had a similar problem with his Orion V2 PCB. Maybe he wouldn't mind helping you out?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1271 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 11:53:42 »
Got mine yesterday!, won't be building it fully till I move in 10 days, anyone got any ideas for a black/green themed keycap set, or any other ideas I have the silver base also need to buy a usb wire.. thinking going with Zeal's green and black

Appleonama had a similar problem with his Orion V2 PCB. Maybe he wouldn't mind helping you out?

You have to hole the top right key and then plug the keyboard in to get it into DFU mode. Holding that button is most likely for some type of function.

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1272 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 12:54:05 »

You have to hole the top right key and then plug the keyboard in to get it into DFU mode. Holding that button is most likely for some type of function.

So I've got it to flash through FLIP, which is good news. Still doesn't flash through 02D, which is kind of a bummer.

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1273 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 14:06:24 »
Hmm, out of the box, the PCB had the top right button mapped as a toggle button for the RGB LEDS on the back of the PCB. Is there a corresponding button for that in the programmer?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #1274 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 15:50:29 »
anyone wanna get rid off a duck feet please let me know

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1275 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 08:34:39 »
Just finished assembly, thanks Elton and Duck0113 ;)
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline airs

« Reply #1276 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 12:16:15 »
Anyone feel like getting an extra $125 $150 in their pocket? Looking for an extra PCB and plate - please PM me if you'd be willing to part with yours :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 August 2016, 12:48:16 by airs »
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Kubiedo

« Reply #1277 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 10:31:01 »
Just a quick question... I saw that the pcb supports rgb smd leds, but is that only for the underlight, or can we do it for switches? For instance, would these work with zeal's rgb lights?

Thanks!

Offline airs

« Reply #1278 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 10:39:13 »
Only for the under lighting.
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1279 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 10:40:20 »
Just a quick question... I saw that the pcb supports rgb smd leds, but is that only for the underlight, or can we do it for switches? For instance, would these work with zeal's rgb lights?

Thanks!

It does support in switch LED's but not the RGB 4 pin ones.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #1280 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 20:07:11 »
Yeah if anyone by any chance is trying to let go of his/her Octagon, PM me as well  ;D

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
« Reply #1281 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 08:38:03 »
<mispost>

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #1282 on: Thu, 01 September 2016, 02:43:05 »
If anyone's looking to sell an extra PCB and/or plate, I'm interested please.  ;D

Willing to pay quite a hefty amount.

Offline breitling

« Reply #1283 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 16:32:09 »
Programmed mine without a hitch the first time, but can't seem to get it to program again with ATMEL FLip or with the DFU programmer.. it doesn't seem to have the correct driver installed. Holding the right key above backspace and plugging it in does not seem to get the ATMEL USB to show up under Device Manager either.. does anyone know how I can get the correct drive installed? Thanks!

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #1284 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 16:39:12 »
Programmed mine without a hitch the first time, but can't seem to get it to program again with ATMEL FLip or with the DFU programmer.. it doesn't seem to have the correct driver installed. Holding the right key above backspace and plugging it in does not seem to get the ATMEL USB to show up under Device Manager either.. does anyone know how I can get the correct drive installed? Thanks!

If I recall correctly, the key you want to hold is the upper right most key in the corner. Try that one.

Offline breitling

« Reply #1285 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 16:49:09 »

If I recall correctly, the key you want to hold is the upper right most key in the corner. Try that one.

Thanks that key does seem to load the keyboard up in a different mode.. all the LEDs are off and the keyboard does not respond. No difference in device manager and I cannot flash it still.. says "Check ATMEL USB Driver"...

Offline breitling

« Reply #1286 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 16:57:35 »
Figured it out... someone another driver got installed over it and it was showing up in device manager under Universal Serial Bus Devices... I deleted that driver and it reverted back to the original driver and works now. Thanks!!

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #1287 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 17:02:07 »
Figured it out... someone another driver got installed over it and it was showing up in device manager under Universal Serial Bus Devices... I deleted that driver and it reverted back to the original driver and works now. Thanks!!

Fantastic.

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1288 on: Wed, 21 September 2016, 23:48:16 »
Hey, I only just noticed this but the top right key seems to turn off my layer 1 LED. Is anyone else having this appear on their board as well?

Offline beltet

« Reply #1289 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 06:21:45 »
Have anyone managed to turn of the underlight LED's? Can't find any option for it in O2D programmer. Also have anyone tested some other firmware? For example TMK?

Offline Chewypost

• Bacon PanCAAAKES
« Reply #1290 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 09:56:38 »
Have anyone managed to turn of the underlight LED's? Can't find any option for it in O2D programmer. Also have anyone tested some other firmware? For example TMK?
You can turn them off via RGB Mode key set. You toggle it through LED mode under FM layer 4 and it's set default to F5 or something.

Offline xauser

« Reply #1291 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 15:29:49 »
I'm almost done with porting octagon v2 to tmk. Matrix works, status and rgb leds work. I'll have to test switch leds (not soldered yet). I'm not sure how to let the user control all these led combinations.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #1292 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 15:47:22 »
I'm almost done with porting octagon v2 to tmk. Matrix works, status and rgb leds work. I'll have to test switch leds (not soldered yet). I'm not sure how to let the user control all these led combinations.

Hell yea man I sure hope you share that github link!

Offline gaiden

« Reply #1293 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 17:47:39 »
Wow this is awesome! More LEDs controls is what i have been hoping for

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline xauser

« Reply #1294 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 14:09:42 »
I traced the octagon v2 pcb and created a low level api in tmk to control the hardware. I haven't spend any time on led effects, maybe someone will carry on from here. This firmware isn't much tested and should only be used by tmk experts first.

Have fun

https://github.com/xauser/tmk_keyboard/tree/xauser

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1295 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 17:56:39 »
I traced the octagon v2 pcb and created a low level api in tmk to control the hardware. I haven't spend any time on led effects, maybe someone will carry on from here. This firmware isn't much tested and should only be used by tmk experts first.

Have fun

I used xauser's tmk port for my Octagon V1s.  Recommended, would flash firmware again. :)

Offline gaiden

« Reply #1296 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 18:50:31 »

Have fun

I used xauser's tmk port for my Octagon V1s.  Recommended, would flash firmware again. :)
Hoping someone would be able to carry the LEDs control and eventually making this compatible with all Duck boards

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline NoChance

« Reply #1297 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 20:00:31 »
Is this a one-run only board, or should we expect to see future runs?

Offline kenshinjeff

« Reply #1298 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 22:35:32 »

Have fun

This is really cool work man.

Offline AceRuckus

« Reply #1299 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 00:35:24 »
Looking to buy an unassembled black octagon v2 with matching aluminum base.