Author Topic: [GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case [Packing]  (Read 202559 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Ughhh AMAZING!

Will we be getting clear stabilizers like that??

For everyone with zelios and gateron (clear-top), aesthetically pleasing so no reason for not to (tested for sound, fitting and it's okay though).
It's unlucky for us that Zeal's clear stabs are not available yet, I believe Zeal's gonna be superior to these, but this will do for now.

Sweet! I was going to order zeals, but they weren't going to arrive in time and I didn't want to have to disassemble the board to install them later. So this is pretty cool that you're supplying clear stabs  :thumb:

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
That. Looks. Amazing. The bottom lighting is RGB? I thought only single color was available. Is it too late to request mine to also have RGB underglow?
RGB underside LEDs is available as default on B.face X2 :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
That. Looks. Amazing. The bottom lighting is RGB? I thought only single color was available. Is it too late to request mine to also have RGB underglow?
And any PCB will reflect to the bottom and side, cause  it's Acrylic  -  Optical Fiber, or Glass like!    :o 
It's more Natural than Forced Bottom LEDs, imo.   :)   

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLG-nNBTnoggGvpK5i9XM3w
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 July 2016, 00:40:06 by sprit »

Offline Jeu

What a way to get into 60% looks amazing guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JDragon

Minor update:

Due to some people backing out of the GB, we have some spot available now in case anyone missed the GB still want the case, now is the time to shoot me a PM and I can sneak you in to the list ;)

Everyone who order the case fully assembled please send me your desired layout, best is to use www.keyboard-layout-editor.com and extract the JPG and send it to :D Also specify the switches position for keys such as capslock (centered/off-centered) and spacebars (middle/Cherry's old righty position)

Sent PM with info. Looking good!  :thumb:

Offline fancymans

Thanks for clarifying. :) and thanks for going the extra mile with the clear stabilizers!
Realforce 87U 55g 10th Silenced | HHKB Silenced | FC660C

Offline eyedrop

Got a really noob question.  Is a 6u spacebar less common and harder to find?  Is it the norm to have 6.25u?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Got a really noob question.  Is a 6u spacebar less common and harder to find?  Is it the norm to have 6.25u?

6.25u is the most common spacebar on the market :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline eyedrop

6.25u is the most common spacebar on the market :thumb:

Thanks for the fast reply.  Still learning...

Offline fancymans

If you're in on the group buy, you can request for 6.25 spacebar layout. That's what I did, fortunately most keycap sets support ANSI by default. :)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Also, we're currently ran out of stock for assembling parts, so no more fully assembled kit or parts purchase at this point :D Anyone who already in talk with me about the parts still have them secured.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Beautiful Board!   Bazh!   :thumb:

Hey how's it going man, long time no see, are you still around on Skype? :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Acrylic starts :P

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Jeu

Looks fun!

Slightly off topic but getting ready to build! How useful is it to have a soldering station with controllable temperature versus a good single temp iron? Like an edsyn cl1481 vs a sx251 i believe it is.

Offline WOMBO

definitely want a variable temp one if you don't want to make irreversible mistakes =p

Offline graefeln

Looks fun!

Slightly off topic but getting ready to build! How useful is it to have a soldering station with controllable temperature versus a good single temp iron? Like an edsyn cl1481 vs a sx251 i believe it is.

I've put together several boards (including one with R1 Zealio) with a non-adjustable iron - I think the more important thing is quality; and Edyson makes a quality soldering iron from all I've heard. That said, if you have the money, I would still recommend an adjustable one.

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Without the sensor, single temp soldering iron is not really have the temp constant, the heat transfer away when you touch the flux or sponge pad...

But that's not really crucial for something as simple as switches :)
KEYBOARD MACHINERY SERVICE SINCE 2015.
Instagram: instagram.com/triviumkeyboard
Facebook: facebook.com/triviumtek

[GB] Weaven Housing Kit      [GB] Lustro Housing Kit

Offline WOMBO

just curious but what are the shipping date estimates for this and weaven?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

Oh I have a horror story was about to tel everyone.

We are expecting some delay (about 1.5-2 more week compare to estimate 7-8weeks) due to acrylic blocks that I bought was not thick as spec said.

Our acrylic case thickness is 21.5mm from case bottom to a little bit higher than keycap bottoms. For that thickness, 25mm thick block would be sufficient, we think it will actually run from 24mm to 24.5mm. When they arrived, almost half of the blocks are only about 23 - 23.5mm, which is not good enough since we need to machine the surface for uniform thickness. After some unsuccessful to get the acrylic provider get them replace, we decide to order the replacement needed from someone else, with myself measure them with digital caliper before paying.

Surprisingly, most of them are close to 24mm or even 23.8. We can only measure the edge of the un-cut sheet so no way to know if they're all thick enough at areas far from the edge. After some calculations, we decide to go for 30mm thick acrylic so plenty of room for thickness error.

But that's come with a cost other than little higher material price. Most of them are true 30mm, not an block thinner than 29mm! I was expected them to be around 27 to 27.5mm (due to our experience with 25mm thick ones).
Now we have downtime due to halting for faulty ones, wait time for those new 30mm arrived, and 5mm more to shave down each block which is a lots since we run carefully so no chipping on acrylic - a hard but brittle material.

:(

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
Acrylic starts :p
Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful !  Bazh !    ;)
How do You polish or finish the surface at Your factory?  as it looks amazing !
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2016, 10:25:47 by sprit »

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
That's alright foggyflute. I always expect delays with GBs. Thank you for such strict QA and attention to the details!

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
That's alright foggyflute. I always expect delays with GBs. Thank you for such strict QA and attention to the details!

The upside is we will definitely have a slim case style (similar to tex) in near future, due to having alot of 23mm thick acrylic there... but we not gonna do something had been done to death so maybe 40% case with a little supprise ;)

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
The upside is we will definitely have a slim case style (similar to tex) in near future, due to having alot of 23mm thick acrylic there... but we not gonna do something had been done to death so maybe 40% case with a little supprise ;)
A bit low profile might better to the trend, IMO  foggy!    ;)      Nice Job!

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Beautiful !  Bazh !    ;)
How do You polish or finish the surface at Your factory?  as it looks amazing !

We out source our case powder polishing process to another company, best is left them in hand of professionals  :thumb:
Tried flame polising, very clear and glas-like but no sharp chamfer anymore, look a little deformed so none of that. Powder polishing will leave the tooling mark right there, smooth but still have tooling mark.

I will update some picture soon of finished waterclear case, it look amazing IMO especially without led lighting, but people like sandblasted for better led diffuse.

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
Very Proper approach! IMO
The sandblasted surface may get dirt easily, but depends on the technique as You know  :)
I am expecting a wonderful outcome!   :thumb:

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
The sandblasted surface may get dirt easily, but depends on the technique as You know  :)

I have one sandblasted lustro (the one on most recent photoshot) laying around on Triviumtek's dirty and messy office for 3 weeks already, not that bad  :))

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
I have one sandblasted lustro (the one on most recent photoshot) laying around on Triviumtek's dirty and messy office for 3 weeks already, not that bad  :))

Oh!  Nice!
I was mentioning : get dirty by hand and skin oils On the Sandblasted Surface.   But depends on the finishing technique,
I see You putting much efforts on that.
Happy to see that !   ;)        !! GO Go Acrylic !!     :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2016, 11:18:24 by sprit »

Offline fancymans

A bit low profile might better to the trend, IMO  foggy!    ;)      Nice Job!
Actually, I agree. I'm a fan of the floating key design. :) Only problem is that it will conflict with the stand height haha. Thanks for the update foggy, it's fine for me to wait since my caps don't come until October (if there are no delays)!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚

Ooh, that'd be awesome =D

Offline WOMBO

We are expecting some delay (about 1.5-2 more week compare to estimate 7-8weeks) due to acrylic blocks that I bought was not thick as spec said.

Our acrylic case thickness is 21.5mm from case bottom to a little bit higher than keycap bottoms. For that thickness, 25mm thick block would be sufficient, we think it will actually run from 24mm to 24.5mm. When they arrived, almost half of the blocks are only about 23 - 23.5mm, which is not good enough since we need to machine the surface for uniform thickness. After some unsuccessful to get the acrylic provider get them replace, we decide to order the replacement needed from someone else, with myself measure them with digital caliper before paying.

Surprisingly, most of them are close to 24mm or even 23.8. We can only measure the edge of the un-cut sheet so no way to know if they're all thick enough at areas far from the edge. After some calculations, we decide to go for 30mm thick acrylic so plenty of room for thickness error.

But that's come with a cost other than little higher material price. Most of them are true 30mm, not an block thinner than 29mm! I was expected them to be around 27 to 27.5mm (due to our experience with 25mm thick ones).
Now we have downtime due to halting for faulty ones, wait time for those new 30mm arrived, and 5mm more to shave down each block which is a lots since we run carefully so no chipping on acrylic - a hard but brittle material.

weaven will be fine i'm assuming?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

weaven will be fine i'm assuming?

Yeah, beside some little delay on winkeyless, they're fine and in hand of anodizing company right now. But some color like teal and pink still waiting for finished Lustro leg, we need a private pool for those color since no other use them.

Offline fancymans

Re: [GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case [In Production]
« Reply #481 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 04:22:05 »
Any updates on the acrylic you needed to reorder?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
« Reply #482 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 07:34:23 »
Any updates on the acrylic you needed to reorder?

We already did, almost finish CNC them.
And also waiting for anodizing stands come back.
We are working on boxes and foam cut to ensure it come to US safe and sound.

Offline mattycee

« Reply #483 on: Thu, 04 August 2016, 15:59:54 »
show us the boxes!!!
Current: Das 4 MX Blues,  Poker II MX Clears

Offline tomboy

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:46:03 »
Do we know anything about around when the barebones kit should be arriving?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 19:53:52 »
Do we know anything about around when the barebones kit should be arriving?

We still not get our parts back from anodizing service yet. I believe it got to do with we having too many color (11) on small number with parts (less than 1000). Once we get our parts back, It will be less than 2 week for them to get there (NA buyers, bit longer for other parts of the world). We did finish machining less than 7 weeks but anodizing take more time than it should.

I'm not really want to rush them (anodizing service) since quality of anodizing depend heavily on time and carefulness of chemical cleaning process. I.e. not want to give them any reason for not meet quality standards ("because you want it fast" stuff, but not that they gonna pull it for real this is just me being careful, they are a company much bigger than us with reputation to keep).

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #486 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 16:03:43 »
Any update?   :D

Offline fancymans

« Reply #487 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 16:32:45 »
Any update?   :D

Can't say for sure, but probably still waiting on the anodizing so there's nothing much to say. It would make sense because we've been in the loop for the whole process. If foggy or bazh can confirm, it would be appreciated. :thumb:

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #488 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 18:51:38 »
Longshot, but if there are any extras or orders that have been backed out of, I'd love to pick one up! Likewise if anyone wants to sell their spot ~

Great looking design!  :-*
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
Re: [GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case
« Reply #489 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 19:33:16 »
So you say that North America shipments will be handled by Zeal, does that mean hes going to try and use DHL overnight and charge us like $75 to ship from canada? Ive dealt with zeal in the past, and his shipping is handled pretty poorly (no options, overcharging, etc).

I want to get in on this but if Zeal is proxying, im expecting to see a $75 shipping invoice.

To offer a different perspective (in case this post deters anyone from ordering - especially if they were going to order purple), Zeal's name is part of the reason I decided to join this buy. He charges ~15$ from Canada to the US and I have never felt he has 'overcharged.'
I have been in three other group buys regarding Zeal (proxy for SPRiT, 1st round Zealio, and now, 3rd round Zealio) and he has delivered everytime - even with the SPRiT stuff that I think some people STILL haven't received... and he replaced a plate for me during that buy when I told him he didn't have to.

I am sorry that you seem to have had issues with him in the past.

Just wanted to chime in with another anecdote about shipping. My shipping cost to the UK was fairly expensive for my R3 order ($30), however it was partially out of his controls I think, something to do with the Canadian postal service strike, so the only option I had was DHL. On the positive side, it only took like 30 hours from when Zeal sent it to the arrival at my door, so all is well.

In general I think Zeal has a positive reputation so I would implore you to give it another go. If there's anything unsatisfactory you could always drop him an email, he is very pleasant to communicate with!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #490 on: Wed, 24 August 2016, 19:33:39 »
Longshot, but if there are any extras or orders that have been backed out of, I'd love to pick one up! Likewise if anyone wants to sell their spot ~

I picked up an extra set of sides which I could part with assuming you can get the rest.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #491 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 17:59:22 »

I picked up an extra set of sides which I could part with assuming you can get the rest.

Someone contacted me about a possible full/standard sized kit order transfer but thank you! I will keep in this in mind should it fall through / I want a different color side panel~

Hoping this fits the new Zeal60 Pcb  :thumb:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #492 on: Thu, 25 August 2016, 18:54:36 »

Someone contacted me about a possible full/standard sized kit order transfer but thank you! I will keep in this in mind should it fall through / I want a different color side panel~

Hoping this fits the new Zeal60 Pcb  :thumb:

Ahh, glad you located one. Cheers!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #493 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 03:20:57 »
Bad news: there's only 1 update.
Good news: update is awesome!

Anodizing all done :P

Now we're sorting things up and will be ready to ship in another week. :P

Also I will comeback to Finland on Monday, I will try to bring along the cases for Europe orders if everything (boxes) comes in time, so most likely the Europeans will get them first. Sorry the rest of you guys haha.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #494 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 03:57:40 »

Anodizing all done :p

Show Image

Now we're sorting things up and will be ready to ship in another week. :p

Also I will comeback to Finland on Monday, I will try to bring along the cases for Europe orders if everything (boxes) comes in time, so most likely the Europeans will get them first. Sorry the rest of you guys haha.

Hehe oh yeah baby! These colors look fabulous!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline tomboy

« Reply #495 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 04:07:10 »

Show Image

Woooo, the colors look awesome.  :thumb:
Can't wait to get my set!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #496 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 05:40:28 »
I shoulda got like 50 extra side sets
I love Elzy

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #497 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 08:29:56 »

Anodizing all done

Show Image

Now we're sorting things up and will be ready to ship in another week.

Oh, my. I want to get them all😍

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #498 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 08:36:59 »

Show Image

The Best best colors!  I love them All!    :-*   :thumb:

Offline fancymans

« Reply #499 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 16:19:26 »
I shoulda got like 50 extra side sets

Same. Feelsbadman. I want to buy more extra stands now.

Btw, stands look stunningly good. Thanks for the update bazh!