Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 870398 times)

Offline sneakyfox

Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4650 on: Sat, 24 April 2021, 04:07:09 »
I only play Starcraft 2. Still the best there is imo, although we're long overdue for a new RTS. Hopefully Frost Giant's RTS will be good once its released (years from now).

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4651 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 15:45:59 »
Playing One Piece Red World on PS3 and Bladed Fury on PC

Both are just OK, nothing new or innovative for either. I am disappointed in Bladed Fury having such linear and boring level design. It looks and feels like Mark Of The Ninja, but unlike Mark there are no options in the levels. In fact most of them have you running right, then running back through the same exact screens again to the left. No alternate paths, no creative ways to get past enemies, it is just very boring and utilitarian level design. If the combat were more interesting it could work, like Odin Sphere has linear left to right levels but the combat is complex enough it is interesting setting up each screen as an arena fight instead of a level screen. Bladed Fury just feels padded in that way. Otherwise the music and Chinese voice acting is actually great, they have some nice visual effects here and there like one scene you fight behind a paper curtain and see the shadows in battle. But ultimately it feels like a game made in Unity which I'm pretty sure it is, it just has that detatched feel as if the characters are placed on non3D assets. It is short and pretty, but don't expect anything innovative or engaging.
For $3.99 it's a great buy to waste an afternoon on though.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4652 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 21:57:13 »
Playing Scourgebringer

Offline REDgENG

« Reply #4653 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 06:52:27 »
I play Overwatch right now, decent game to play

Offline foxieze

• i like code.
« Reply #4654 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 03:10:18 »
I only play Starcraft 2. Still the best there is imo, although we're long overdue for a new RTS. Hopefully Frost Giant's RTS will be good once its released (years from now).

yes! starcraft 2.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4655 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 10:44:20 »

yes! starcraft 2.

I like Starcraft 2, but I think it is too basic. For what it is worth, maybe as a result of that, what there is is very well fleshed out. It has a fantastic campaign (although I have still never finished it) compared to most of the genre, has some interesting power dynamics, and has some satisfying animations, but it is not one of my favorites in the genre.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 forever.  ;D

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4656 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 12:11:05 »
I like Starcraft 2, but I think it is too basic. For what it is worth, maybe as a result of that, what there is is very well fleshed out. It has a fantastic campaign (although I have still never finished it) compared to most of the genre, has some interesting power dynamics, and has some satisfying animations, but it is not one of my favorites in the genre.

Oh, my sister would get into a passionate argument with you over the best C&C game! I'm not much of a RTS person myself, but I do know her personal favorites are Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3. She is also big on Age of Empires 3 and Age of Mythology, her other 2 favorites. And for something sci-fi, she has wanted people to play some version of Sins of a Solar Empire with for ages,, though I still don't know if that one is more turn-based like Civ or if it's a RTS.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4657 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 14:09:24 »
Returnal looks cool and comes out today. Like a proceduraly generated Dark Souls x Lost Planet.

Sadly I no PS5  :'(

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4658 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 14:39:12 »

Oh, my sister would get into a passionate argument with you over the best C&C game! I'm not much of a RTS person myself, but I do know her personal favorites are Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3. She is also big on Age of Empires 3 and Age of Mythology, her other 2 favorites. And for something sci-fi, she has wanted people to play some version of Sins of a Solar Empire with for ages,, though I still don't know if that one is more turn-based like Civ or if it's a RTS.

I think I only played Tiberium Wars on an Xbox 360 with a controller, so I can't really comment on that game on the correct platform. I don't remember much about it on console other than the controls were surprisingly good considering. Red Alert 3 was a great game, definitely one of my favorite RTS games (though not in the top 2). Never played Age of Empires 3 because the reviews weren't great at the time. I loved Age of Empires 2 very much. I have never played Age of Mythology, but I watched my uncle play it a bit. It seemed good. Sins of a Solar Empire I have played, but very little. I got stomped before I could really get off of the ground. If I remember right, it is sort of a grand strategy game ... but real time, which is pretty brutal.

That ties nicely into my other favorite RTS of all time, Star Wars: Empire at War, which sort of mixes grand strategy on a galactic level with RTS during space or ground combat. It is very similar in that regard to galactic conquest (which I believe it was called in that game as well) in the true Battlefront duo of games made by Pandemic (may they rest in peace).

Offline RaggaMuffin

« Reply #4659 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 06:53:16 »
Anyone into the Total War games? They just recently released a remaster of Rome: Total War. It looks great, although the AI still feels very benhind the times if you're coming from newer RTS games.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4660 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 09:30:42 »
Anyone into the Total War games? They just recently released a remaster of Rome: Total War. It looks great, although the AI still feels very benhind the times if you're coming from newer RTS games.

As I've mentioned, I'm not big on RTS titles myself, but my sister has both of the Total War: Warhammer games, and has the third on pre-order. I'm not sure about the other games in the series though.

Offline Zytin

• Henlo :p
« Reply #4661 on: Tue, 18 May 2021, 20:01:13 »
As of now I play mostly FFXIV, I'm trying to finish the main story  :D

Other games I play sometimes:
Valorant
League of Legends
Apex Legends

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4662 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 09:59:01 »
As of now I play mostly FFXIV, I'm trying to finish the main story  :D

Other games I play sometimes:
Valorant
League of Legends
Apex Legends

I've been thinking of trying to get back into FFXIV, problem is all of the people I knew that I played it with I either don't really speak with or willingly don't associate with anymore for a variety of reasons. I was about to start on Heavensward content when I kinda stopped a little over a year ago now because I need people to at least hang out with to play that kind of game.

As for the other 3, I've tried Valorant but could never get it working for myself because every install would just not recognize the input of M2, I used to play League and quit because I just wasn't having fun anymore, and while I like the base mechanics of Apex (Titanfall 2 is my favorite shooter of all time for a reason) I'm not a fan of the battle royale gameplay loop. Feels just a bit too competitive to me. I'll stick with my Monster Hunter, Hollow Knight, Warframe, and DMC5 for now. Love me games where I don't have to feel like I'm competing just to have fun. Though Halo is great and I love casual games on the MCC.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4663 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 12:17:13 »

I think I played some Rome 2 with a friend and I played the first Warhammer variant. I haven't tried the original and hadn't heard there's a remaster. I may have to take a look.

Are there any particularly good newer RTS games? I know Petroglyph is still carrying the torch for Westwood Studios, but I haven't played any of their games since the excellent Star Wars: Empire at War. Starcraft 2 was a little too simplistic for my liking and there doesn't seem to have been any major RTS releases since, unless you can count the Total War games.

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4664 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 14:02:07 »
Are there any particularly good newer RTS games? I know Petroglyph is still carrying the torch for Westwood Studios, but I haven't played any of their games since the excellent Star Wars: Empire at War. Starcraft 2 was a little too simplistic for my liking and there doesn't seem to have been any major RTS releases since, unless you can count the Total War games.

I don't know much about RTS games, seeing as I'm not a big strategy person, but having to live with my sister in close quarters for over a year leads to some knowledge. Some of this may be a bit off, though, because my brain tends to lump RTS and turn-based strategy games together.

I know Tropico still sees regular releases, but that may be a bit more "city-builder?" I wouldn't know. But one game that I know went under the radar at its release, and has what is either a sequel or an expansion (I have no idea which, never played the thing, the name of the game is long enough that my sister always just shortens both to the same thing), is Sins of a Solar Empire and Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Not super recent, but it is also on a gigantic scale so even one game of it can last you a while. I know that one's an RTS. There's also one that got released recently, that I gifted to her for Christmas, but we ended up returning it because it was too simplistic for her taste, but if you like dieselpunk settings, look into Iron Harvest. Other than that? I don't really know about any RTS that's either obscure or recent.

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #4665 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 13:48:22 »
any Guild Wars 2 player here?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4666 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 14:42:41 »
Kingdoms Of Amalur on PS3 and Twilight Princess on WiiU

Kingdoms is quite ambitious, and I get strong Fable vibes. It's weird people don't talk more about this huge crafted game with tons of lore and everything is voiced. A ton of time and money obviously went into it and no one seems to remember the franchise(is it a franchise with only one game?) Anyway it is surprisingly good, the combat is fun, there's a TON to explore.
Twilight Princess is surprisingly jankey and sloppily put together. The textures in the HD version look great, but that engine is... well you can tell it is old and doing things it's not meant to. The pacing is off, super slow in the beginning my god. I'm already frustrated not having the horse charm to call Epona, I've had to backtrack entire maps to return where I parked her just to hop some arbitrary fence multiple times. It has an odd feel, like another studio took a crack at a Zelda game. There's nothing distinctive about its art style like with other games in the franchise, the models are a bit bland. Admittedly I'm not too far and I have never played TP before, so my opinion may very well change over time.
Link's little stiff waddle run while he lets his long gorilla arms dangle like sausages in a butcher's window still makes me laugh though.

Offline RaggaMuffin

« Reply #4667 on: Mon, 24 May 2021, 16:17:52 »

I think I played some Rome 2 with a friend and I played the first Warhammer variant. I haven't tried the original and hadn't heard there's a remaster. I may have to take a look.

I'm not to sure about newer RTS games if I'm honest, I tend to stick to older games I played as a kid. I never played Empire at War, but now you've reminded me of it I'm going to check it out!

Offline RaggaMuffin

« Reply #4668 on: Tue, 25 May 2021, 06:49:07 »
any Guild Wars 2 player here?

I played a bit of the first Guild Wars. I can't remeber too much about it, or even what my main character was like, but I remeber it being a lot of fun, and it was big selling point that there was no monthly subsciption. I just looked up GW2 to see if it's still active and it looks like it's very much so. I played quite a bit of Elder Scrolls Online, which I guess is a similar type of MMO. Anyone elsed played ESO?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4669 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 04:07:18 »
Played a bit of No Man's Sky, but it was getting a bit repetitive.

Then I acquired Satisfactory, and haven't stopped playing it!  352 hours and counting so far.

I started again for Update 4.  So far so good - up to tier 8, although I haven't built everything that's available from earlier tiers.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4670 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 10:33:51 »

Then I acquired Satisfactory, and haven't stopped playing it!  352 hours and counting so far.

I started again for Update 4.  So far so good - up to tier 8, although I haven't built everything that's available from earlier tiers.

Yeah, I know that No Man's Sky has gotten a lot of updates and improvements over the years since it launched, but I'm still just not interested in that game purely for the fact that the core gameplay loop doesn't interest me.

And I've considered trying Satisfactory, but I don't know if it has a multiplayer, and I really only enjoy sandbox games when I have other people to play with. That, and I've got enough games going on at the moment that getting yet another one that could easily be a huge time sink is a bad idea for me.

Though, I have a friend who loves Satisfactory, and he's said before that if someone wants 2D Satisfactory with elements of Starcraft, they should try Factorio, so if that sounds interesting to you give it a look.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4671 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 20:35:08 »

Yeah, I know that No Man's Sky has gotten a lot of updates and improvements over the years since it launched, but I'm still just not interested in that game purely for the fact that the core gameplay loop doesn't interest me.

And I've considered trying Satisfactory, but I don't know if it has a multiplayer, and I really only enjoy sandbox games when I have other people to play with. That, and I've got enough games going on at the moment that getting yet another one that could easily be a huge time sink is a bad idea for me.

Though, I have a friend who loves Satisfactory, and he's said before that if someone wants 2D Satisfactory with elements of Starcraft, they should try Factorio, so if that sounds interesting to you give it a look.

Satisfactory DOES have multiplayer.  It is an early access game, and Coffee Stain Studios does indicate that multiplayer might be slightly more buggy than single player, but I've had 1 crash in 352 hours of playing (single player), so I'd say it's pretty stable as it is.  Patches are released regularly.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4672 on: Fri, 28 May 2021, 21:28:37 »
Satisfactory DOES have multiplayer.  It is an early access game, and Coffee Stain Studios does indicate that multiplayer might be slightly more buggy than single player, but I've had 1 crash in 352 hours of playing (single player), so I'd say it's pretty stable as it is.  Patches are released regularly.

People used to laugh at cookie clickers,  well turns out they're extremely addicting.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4673 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 15:14:18 »

People used to laugh at cookie clickers,  well turns out they're extremely addicting.

discover the heights of your personal autism

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4674 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 16:57:54 »

discover the heights of your personal autism

... or the lows ...

Offline Alga

« Reply #4675 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 03:13:44 »
Satisfactory RUUUUUULES. It's just such a huge time sink because you need so much time to build the cool big stuff. And you can just indulge your OCD.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4676 on: Thu, 03 June 2021, 19:33:34 »
So anyone playing Biomutant? Reviews are mixed, but then again reviews are kinda meaningless these days.

Offline BlueberryIsHere

• Formerly KaptainKitsune
  • Just a normal guy
« Reply #4677 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 07:36:17 »
osu! (standard and mania) and Minecraft. I know I'm a normie but clicking circles is fun.
I was told to put something here.
So I did

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4678 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 10:32:10 »
osu! (standard and mania) and Minecraft. I know I'm a normie but clicking circles is fun.

Honestly the only thing keeping me from getting into Osu! is the fact that like 90% of the music you can get maps for in that game are just not really my cup of tea anymore. Maybe years ago during my absolutely gigantic anime obsession phase, I would've been more into it, but now? I listen to too much metal, folk, and funk for Osu! to really appeal to my tastes outside of a small number of songs I may play for nostalgia more than anything.

As for Minecraft, eh, I'm not much for sandboxes unless I have people to play with, and I don't really have anyone top play that one with lol.

In other news, I am 100% planning on getting Necromunda: Hired Gun and no one can stop me, that game looks incredibly fun!

Offline BlueberryIsHere

• Just a normal guy
« Reply #4679 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 11:23:16 »
Honestly the only thing keeping me from getting into Osu! is the fact that like 90% of the music you can get maps for in that game are just not really my cup of tea anymore. Maybe years ago during my absolutely gigantic anime obsession phase, I would've been more into it, but now? I listen to too much metal, folk, and funk for Osu! to really appeal to my tastes outside of a small number of songs I may play for nostalgia more than anything.

As for Minecraft, eh, I'm not much for sandboxes unless I have people to play with, and I don't really have anyone top play that one with lol.

In other news, I am 100% planning on getting Necromunda: Hired Gun and no one can stop me, that game looks incredibly fun!

You don't have the be a hardcore weeb to get into osu! but I get what you are saying. There really should be more mappers making non-anime music.
So I did

Offline alertArchitect

• Genderless Void
« Reply #4680 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 12:26:37 »
You don't have the be a hardcore weeb to get into osu! but I get what you are saying. There really should be more mappers making non-anime music.

I should've clarified, I wasn't saying that you need to be a weeb to get into the game, it's just that the music itself is more the stuff I would've been into back when I was in my big anime phase because I was more into j-pop and stuff like it then, which is the genre of like 90% of Osu! stuff iirc. I'm just more into punk, metal, grunge, folk, funk, jazz etc. now than that sort of music because it never really gripped me like the music I listen to now does.

And yeah, if there were more maps in that game for non-anime music that fit my tastes, I would definitely give it more of a shot! It does look like a fun and challenging rhythm game, but for me, it's hard to get into a rhythm game in which the music doesn't really appeal to my taste. And I am not in the mood for the kind of music Osu! tends to have often enough to justify getting it, at least in my eyes.

Offline BlueberryIsHere

• Just a normal guy
« Reply #4681 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 13:01:58 »
I should've clarified, I wasn't saying that you need to be a weeb to get into the game, it's just that the music itself is more the stuff I would've been into back when I was in my big anime phase because I was more into j-pop and stuff like it then, which is the genre of like 90% of Osu! stuff iirc. I'm just more into punk, metal, grunge, folk, funk, jazz etc. now than that sort of music because it never really gripped me like the music I listen to now does.

And yeah, if there were more maps in that game for non-anime music that fit my tastes, I would definitely give it more of a shot! It does look like a fun and challenging rhythm game, but for me, it's hard to get into a rhythm game in which the music doesn't really appeal to my taste. And I am not in the mood for the kind of music Osu! tends to have often enough to justify getting it, at least in my eyes.

Ahh. Sorry about the misunderstanding
So I did

Offline kizuna

« Reply #4682 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 20:41:48 »
Any Squad players here? Only pc game I have been playing since 2016, cant seem to get away from it lol.

Offline mylordie

« Reply #4683 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 04:23:44 »
Now, I play in Shadow Tactics. So great strategy game. First, I thought it is a clone of Desperados 3. but actually Desperados is a clone of Shadow Tactics. Quite difficult game, but I enjoy it.

Offline sapisoi

« Reply #4684 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 12:40:24 »
dota 2 everyday  :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4685 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 18:12:15 »
I am still playing Noita every day since I bought it, and the more I play the more I learn. Still seeing new things, and still discovering new ways to build wands.
What is so great about the game is it allows you to go exactly as deep as you want to go, and if you fancy yourself a knowledgeable pro Noita still manages to surprise you with even more depth. Comfortable at any level of play, which is an incredible feat of design.

100% my Game Of The Year, not even a close race with any other release in 2020/21

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #4686 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 08:08:06 »
Any Squad players here? Only pc game I have been playing since 2016, cant seem to get away from it lol.

HMU on Discord at mohawk#1367 if u ever wanna play :) havent had a chance to play the new updates so it would be a good excuse for me
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4687 on: Fri, 30 September 2022, 10:24:44 »
Diablo 2: Resurrected is amazing.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4688 on: Sun, 02 October 2022, 19:37:58 »

gasp..... archdill. noooooo you mustn't support capitalist tyranny...

Offline c0n

« Reply #4689 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 15:23:37 »
Usually FPS games like CoD or fantasy stuff like FF14. I still have a medicore "ESL" background in the CS scene, played CS for like 20k hours.
living for the thocc.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4690 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 16:13:55 »

gasp..... archdill. noooooo you mustn't support capitalist tyranny...

It is half off right now. Buy it and play with me.

Offline TheWonderBubble

« Reply #4691 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 16:53:00 »
Marauders.
Picked it up in pre-testing but it just dropped on Steam finally, if y'all are a fan of tarkov-esque gunplay but don't feel like committing a second monitor to maps and spreadsheets I'd highly recommend checking it out, been having a ton of fun with it since I got it and it's only getting better with the devs being great at actually listening to player input.
Shhhhh...my wallet doesn't know I'm here.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4692 on: Wed, 12 October 2022, 01:09:32 »
Picked up Metro Exodus RTX edition to flex my new GPU, and it is stunning! I can't believe the difference in quality and frames between my old 970 and this new 2070S. I especially notice it in the lighting and shadows, that RTX really looks incredible under the different lighting types, no more super-black shadows.
What is really crazy is this GPU is about 200% more powerful, yet it still runs 2/3rds cooler!
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 October 2022, 01:15:01 by noisyturtle »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4693 on: Sun, 16 October 2022, 04:02:56 »
Finally got started on Days Gone, really an awesome game.

PlateUp! is fun with friends.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4694 on: Thu, 20 October 2022, 15:29:32 »
Started and completed shovel knight dig

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4695 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 14:36:35 »
Just picked up Day's Gone for a steal thanks to a platform I'm a member of ($21) so I should be loading that up to try it out since the end of Destiny's season has nothing really to do other than run Dungeons, GM's, & Raids ATM for my level.  Also plan to try out WZ 2.0/DMZ when I get home to see how I like it (still haven't shelled out for MW2.0 since I spent that money on Destiny 2's content next year).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4696 on: Wed, 16 November 2022, 17:52:03 »
I came back to Cyberpunk 2077. Just simply doing main missions.
Also, keep playing Settlers II World Campaign, best game ever :)

Waiting for Next-Gen patch for Witcher, which is coming out 13 December.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline thocciness

« Reply #4697 on: Thu, 17 November 2022, 10:45:33 »
Forever grinding up the ranks in Dota 2 lol

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #4698 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 09:40:58 »
Started playing WZ 2.0 - DMZ mode is awesome, but I do have some nit-picks on the inventory system and what you can save from your runs, far off from Cycle, Tarkov, Marauders but the gun play is above par and they need to get the servers up to spec and fix some crash/connection bugs.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #4699 on: Sat, 17 December 2022, 10:17:10 »
Booted up New Vegas again recently, can't get over how fun it is to replay this game. I usually run more vanilla friendly mods but I've added in some combat enhancements (Viewmodel recoil, better sounds, animations, models, etc.) and I gotta say it's been keeping me sane during finals :D
Doing an NCR run this time. I've run independent Vegas and House a million times, Legion once or twice, but never really did NCR, and it's pretty fun so far. Still has the problem that the legion campaign that you end up pissing off a lot of people, but at least it's not pissing off literally everyone like in the legion run (Some people don't know the pain of only being able to buy and sell things at the gun runners and having every companion hate you...)
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023