Author Topic: New Truly Ergonomic models (207, 209); older models retired  (Read 25188 times)

Offline impiri

New Truly Ergonomic models (207, 209); older models retired
« on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:15:13 »
Hi folks. I pre-ordered a Truly Ergonomic 109 a couple of weeks ago and just got an email from TE.

Manufacturing Update

We are pleased to confirm manufacturing of the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard has been finalized in accordance with our design specifications, and it has been transported into our new warehouse in the United States.

Model changes

We are also pleased to mention we have made enhancements to the Truly Ergonomic Keyboard. We have combined and upgraded model 104 and model 105 into the new enhanced model 207, and we have upgraded model 109 into the new enhanced model 209.

If you backordered Model 104 or Model 105, you have been automatically upgraded to the new Model 207.

If you backordered Model 109, you have been automatically upgraded to the new Model 209.

Model 207 is configured for English US or International languages (ANSI - ISO).

Model 209 is configured for Asian or International languages (JIS - or to reprogram additional keys using ANSI - ISO).

Mac users: please note we only recommend Model 209 for Mac OSŪ.

It looks like the old 104, 105, and 109 models aren't on the site anymore. Here are some comparisons.

Old 109:

New 209:

The 207 is the same thing except with large Alt keys in the bottom left and right.

Offline impiri

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:18:32 »
Old 104:

New 207:

Offline Tracer

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 10:27:12 »
HAH. It's closer to how I have my keyboard mapped anyways. Glad I got the blank one.
Hopefully they'll release the programming tool soon too.

Edit: I actually like some of their changes, but these changes require firmwear updates as they relate to special keys etc. I want the reprogramming tool even more now.

Offline treigle

• http://www.neuron0.net
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 22:02:01 »
I like what they did with the 207; it a small but real improvement (contiguous -+ keys, more familiar ~ location). Seems mostly a wash on the 209 though.
Kinesis Advantage, Truly Ergonomic (ANSI), Filco 87

Offline Tezkat

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 02:15:12 »
Hmm... I approve of what they've done with the 207. It's a simple change but a fairly significant improvement.

I still don't think I'll be buying any more until they release the promised reprogramming software though...

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 June 2012, 11:23:16 »
And the Win key is also moved to the middle

I love the new version and lucky I've placed orders for two 209

Offline sordna

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 16 June 2012, 18:50:32 »
Interesting, but is the reprogramming software out yet?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 11:15:54 »
It is interesting. I'm glad TE is still alive. Maybe this continued effort and refined keyboard will help with the PR issue (which is still a big issue) and and get more of them "out there".

I would like to try one.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline treigle

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 12:40:00 »
Input Nirvana and Sordna: if either of you want to borrow my TE104 ANSI/red for a month or so, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it....
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 June 2012, 12:42:13 by treigle »

Offline sordna

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 19:39:46 »
I would probably buy one if:
1. It was offered again with red switches
2. The programming software was available
3. It was sold on Amazon with Prime free 2-day shipping
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline treigle

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 20:15:06 »
I wouldn't count on the programming software everbecoming available. Even if it does, what platforms will it support? That's really the beauty of Kinesis's onboard mapping: OS independence....

It's nice that they upgraded the models (conveniently reducing SKUs), but how many months till they are actually in stock?

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 23:09:14 »
Quote from: sordna;615794
I would probably buy one if:
1. It was offered again with red switches
2. The programming software was available
3. It was sold on Amazon with Prime free 2-day shipping

I agree with Sordna.
I'm glad the guy is still doing things, but....
I hate being a weenie, but I'll believe the programming when I see it, and I would feel better purchasing from a retailer that had it in stock.

I won't borrow your board, but thank you for the very cool offer. I do want to try one for a couple weeks. It has some very neat features.

Where's our little buddy Architect?
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 00:29:53 »
Quote from: input nirvana;615975
Where's our little buddy Architect?
Quit the forum some time ago, unfortunately.

As has been posted above, I feel programmability would be a better feature than just changing the key layout.

Offline Tracer

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 18 June 2012, 14:34:16 »
According to this, https://secure.trulyergonomic.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6
Pre-orders ship today and standard orders start tomorrow.

Programming would be nice, but it is by far not a deal breaker, just an annoyance.

@treigle Would love to try your board but being in Canada, shipping would be stupid and customs might get annoying.

Offline impiri

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 00:25:41 »
For what it's worth, I haven't yet received any sort of shipping notification from TE. I'm not holding out much hope for a way to reprogram the keyboard, either. (Prove me wrong, TE!)

The new key layout looks much better to me. Del should get a good workout, and ~ is back home next to the 1.

Offline Tracer

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 09:23:04 »
Regular orders are up.
If my last order is any indication, my keyboard has shipped, they just didn't bother changing the status.

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 19 June 2012, 09:53:00 »
Quote from: impiri;616772
For what it's worth, I haven't yet received any sort of shipping notification from TE. I'm not holding out much hope for a way to reprogram the keyboard, either. (Prove me wrong, TE!)

The new key layout looks much better to me. Del should get a good workout, and ~ is back home next to the 1.

I got the shipping email 12 hours before. International order.

Offline impiri

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 16:50:00 »
Just received my 209 preorder via FedEx. These shift keys will take some getting used to!

Offline sordna

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 18:48:04 »
They should have taken the opportunity and swapped the shifts and controls in the 209 back to normal, and let users decide if they want to remap them the other way around, or add a dip switch setting for it, since the remapping software is not available. The shift choice is the most controversial feature of this keyboard.

Offline Tracer

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 21 June 2012, 10:59:29 »
My keyboard has been in "Processing" state since Tuesday.
I don't mind the slowness, I do mind the lack of good honest communication from these people.

Offline jnakano

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 02:46:13 »
Does anyone use TECK 209 models on Mac?
I'm trying to use it, with left space altered to International6, but although with PCKeyboardHack utility, left space is not recognized as key event.
On Windows machines, left space is recognized as International6, I'll believe this problem is not keyboard fault.

Tested Environment is:
Mac OS X 10.6.8
PCKeyboardHack 7.4.0
KeyRemap4MacBook 7.7.0
TECK DIPs: Off On Off On On / Off Off On On On (both is tried)

Offline jasonwirth

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 07:53:16 »
I am on the bubble about this keyboard given some other user's poor experience with the company. I'm interested in the 209 (former 109) because I use a Mac. From my understanding others have no problem with the left spacebar working on Windows machines out of the box. However, on the Mac they got it working with ControllerMate.

From TE's Website:
International keys on Model 209 or Model 109 don't appear to work

The extra keys of Model 209 and Model 109 are intended for Asian or International layouts/languages, or for Mac OSŪ after setting-up your Model 209. If you want to use them for another language, you can use third party software to reprogram these keys as mentioned in the Installation & Quick Start Guide depending on the Operating System you are using.
If you are using the Mac OSŪ, after setting-up your Model 209, both Ctrl keys on the keyboard become command ⌘ keys, both Alt keys become option keys, both blank lower corner keys become control keys, and the SuperKey becomes an additional command ⌘ key.

Pressing the Fn key along with the F7-F12-Del keys provide special functionality.

Mac users: please note we only recommend Model 209 for Mac OSŪ.

You can also change some settings within Keyboard preferences: Click Apple menu > System Preferences > Keyboard.

As per third party software, you can use KeyRemap4MacBook or ControllerMate.

Gerk, another Geekhack user, got his working:

Ok .. I finally got the left space working. The _only_ thing that seems to pick it up is controller mate. With controller mate running I now get a key code (even in other apps). If I disable the controller mate daemon I get no key code from it at all in any app. Not sure I understand why, but I finally got something that works for me. Worth the $25 to buy it.

I've done some more remapping ... if I decide to keep the new mappings I'll update the info here. So far it seems to be working better for me.

I guess if you can get your keyboard working it's not truly "broken". It kinda sucks that you have to spend another $25 to get the thing working as it should. Someone mentioned before, TE really needs to release key mapping software.

Offline boli

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 25 June 2012, 13:47:25 »
Quite nice, the 207 is just the kind of mix between 105 and 109 I wished I had back when I tried the 105 - small number row keys and large modifier keys. :)

I agree with Sordna that they'd do well by making the Ctrl-Shift swap a changeable option (say by adding an extra DIP switch).
Keyboard: Kinesis Ergo Advantage (two LF editions with red Cherry switches, one regular with brown switches)
Keyboard layout: basically Colemak, with some remapping to end up with my custom Kinesis Advantage layout
Typing test profiles: typeracer.com / hi-games.net / keybr.com

Offline poetik

Re: New Truly Ergonomic models (207, 209); older models retired
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 20:48:20 »
I remember seeing this keyboard like a year or so ago but it still was in pre-order.  Looks like a very cool idea.

Offline jnakano

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 03:13:10 »
I am on the bubble about this keyboard given some other user's poor experience with the company. I'm interested in the 209 (former 109) because I use a Mac. From my understanding others have no problem with the left spacebar working on Windows machines out of the box. However, on the Mac they got it working with ControllerMate.

I guess if you can get your keyboard working it's not truly "broken". It kinda sucks that you have to spend another $25 to get the thing working as it should. Someone mentioned before, TE really needs to release key mapping software.
I tried some settings with ControllerMate, but they didn't work...(ControllerMate doesn't have any response
with LeftSpace)
I checked USB Raw packet too and I found there are no differences between Model 109's LeftSpace and Model 209's LeftSpace...
hmmm....
Is there anyone using Model 2xx on Mac and working International keys?

Offline jasonwirth

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 05:41:50 »
I tried some settings with ControllerMate, but they didn't work...(ControllerMate doesn't have any response
with LeftSpace)
I checked USB Raw packet too and I found there are no differences between Model 109's LeftSpace and Model 209's LeftSpace...
hmmm....
Is there anyone using Model 2xx on Mac and working International keys?

No luck huh? That sucks.

It looks like a great keyboard but how can they sell something where the left spacebar doesn't work. I don't even think I use my right hand to press the space bar, the left side of my spacebar has a shiny area from being pressed while the right side is spotless.

Also, I noticed that they extended their refund period from 30 days to 60 days but with a catch, there is a 20% restocking fee.
Our confidence in the quality of our products allows us to provide our customers with a no-questions-asked 60-Day Money Back Guarantee on all our Truly Ergonomic Keyboards.
        60-Day Money Back Guarantee

If after using your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard for a period of up to 60 days from the date of delivery, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you can request a refund.

But then they go on to say...

Please be aware that you must use your Truly Ergonomic Keyboard for at least 30 days to request a Return.

For orders made after July 15th 2012, please note a restocking fee of 20% may be deducted from refunds for items returned within 60 days of purchase and have not incurred material damage and are not missing components included in the original shipment. This policy help us keep costs (and thus prices) down when dealing with the return of items that are not defective. There is no fee for DOA products.

They are SO confident with their product that they charge 20%?!?! What kind of confidence is that?

I'm assuming the buyer pays shipping both ways ($20 x 2); with a $45 restocking fee (20% x $230) charged that amounts to one costly return.

I wonder if customers ordered the keyboard, discovered left-shift didn't work, then sent it back.

Offline jnakano

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 13:48:24 »
It looks like a great keyboard but how can they sell something where the left spacebar doesn't work. I don't even think I use my right hand to press the space bar, the left side of my spacebar has a shiny area from being pressed while the right side is spotless.
With some dipswitch configuration, this keyboard's left spacebar outputs "International 6" scancode to PC(0x8c).
It helps to setup left spacebar as backspace(like Kinesis Contoured) or something else. Because of it, I usually use right thumb to type spacebar with TECK.
When dipswitch is configured to treat left spacebar as normal spacebar, it works normally.

I wonder if customers ordered the keyboard, discovered left-shift didn't work, then sent it back.
I think money-back gurantee and product warranty are different.
If ordered keyboard doesn't work correctly and it seems to be broken, they will send another keyboard as replacement when you send broken one, I hope.

Offline jasonwirth

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 05:06:00 »
Well, I finally got off my ass and ordered one. I've been using a Logitech Wave keyboard and a few things about it kill me. The keyboard is very wide, I hate stretching over to reach my trackball. The Logitech, even though it's about 2 years old, has feel somewhat "sticky" and difficult to press. Presumably this is because the plastic key mechanism has worn down through use.

Offline MykB77

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 11:43:49 »
I recently got my 209 blank, and I have to say, although I am still getting used to the keys in columns... (lower left hand row!!!) I really like this board.  I have used ms ergos for 10 years; now I understand what I have been missing not using a mechanical keyboard.  (1st mech ever)

AutoHotKey has allowed me to do any remappings I wanted to do. 
Is there any drawbacks to using this?  I haven't hit any yet.

Offline Tracer

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 14:29:22 »
Have both the 209 and 109. I like the tweaks in the 209 and am glad these were made.

I love this keyboard and can't deal with using much of anything else now.

Still make typos though.  ::)

Offline Tracer

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 14:31:49 »

What? Left shift doesn't work?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 15:13:25 »
Even though I'm pretty much going all Topre these days, I might actually spring for one of these. I always like MS's Naturals, and they helped out with my wrists immensely.

Offline jasonwirth

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 16:16:04 »
Have both the 209 and 109. I like the tweaks in the 209 and am glad these were made.

Do you use it on a Mac or Windows machine (or Linux)?

Offline MykB77

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 03 August 2012, 23:11:57 »
Even though I'm pretty much going all Topre these days, I might actually spring for one of these. I always like MS's Naturals, and they helped out with my wrists immensely.

I would try one out, the column for the keys are straight and the rows are arched for your different finger lengths.  Having the split space bar with another button in the middle is really good too.  I still am using MS Ergo 4000's at home but slowly transitioning to the 209.  Left hand is the most difficult to adjust to the bottom row being directly under the middle.  Really like this keyboard, well made, no issues.  I will consider a second one for work.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 04 August 2012, 22:23:36 »
And it looks like there's still no software that comes with it (that was promised what ... 3 years ago?).  While I'm glad they are moving forward with their designs I wish they'd finish the job first.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline fatchoi

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 04 August 2012, 22:49:43 »
I recently got my 209 blank, and I have to say, although I am still getting used to the keys in columns... (lower left hand row!!!) I really like this board.  I have used ms ergos for 10 years; now I understand what I have been missing not using a mechanical keyboard.  (1st mech ever)

AutoHotKey has allowed me to do any remappings I wanted to do. 
Is there any drawbacks to using this?  I haven't hit any yet.

Hm... I'm still thinking what keys to assign, for the lower left and right corner, and top left corner keys...
Any suggestions?

Offline pyro

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 05 August 2012, 17:05:14 »
Mouse key modifier, pin window on top / unpin window. Or numbers/symbol modifier keys for your own layers.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 07 August 2012, 16:00:18 »
So Architect quit the forum? I guess being called out on some of the ridiculous claims he made was too much for him? I'm still suspicious, I think he was a TE shill. No matter.

The new models are a huge move actually. The guy must have made money.

I really want to try one more than ever now, and will consider buying one in the future.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 07 August 2012, 19:20:23 »
I don't know if Architect had other motives or not for his positive comments about the TE keyboard. If he did I guess it worked because I bought one after reading his review. After all, if you can't trust the Geekhacks forum who can you trust?

I've been using a TE 104 since March and except for my Mac not recognizing it at startup I am very happy with it. I even like the shift location in spite of the fact that I forget to change back when I'm using my laptop AND I START TYPING LIKE THIS.

I was concerned that the keyboard wasn't splayed enough for my wrists but it seems to be enough to relieve some of the discomfort I normally have typing. It didn't take long to get use to the stacked keys and the slightly arched rows are more natural to position my hands on.

Probably the thing I dislike the most is the apparent deception and lack of follow through by the distributor that many TE owners have experienced.  I usually will not support a company with such a dubious reputation. Having said that, if I lost my TE104, I'd probably buy another.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 08 August 2012, 00:32:49 »
Architects posts contained many problems, from his odd and blatant pro TE a year before it shipped, his slamming of Kinesis firmware with problems no one has ever heard of, including Kinesis, and some other items.

The faux Architect aside, the TE has a nice following, and has been earning an ergo reputation with normal types of suggestions for small tweaks to improve. The biggest drawback appears to be the shoddy PR and customer follow up and information. Maybe a price point about $30-40 less as well.

I look forward to trying one someday :)

Offline Tracer

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 08 August 2012, 12:52:34 »

Do you use it on a Mac or Windows machine (or Linux)?

Windows and Linux.

Offline Tracer

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 08 August 2012, 13:01:57 »
The faux Architect aside, the TE has a nice following, and has been earning an ergo reputation with normal types of suggestions for small tweaks to improve. The biggest drawback appears to be the shoddy PR and customer follow up and information. Maybe a price point about $30-40 less as well.

I have to agree with their communication. I've dealt with them several times. Where it counted, they got back to me.
a. cancelling my initial pre-order after a year of nothing. got money back in a couple of days.
b. asking why my 209 hadn't shipped and got a detailed email apologizing with promise of shipping next day. it did.

I have NEVER gotten a response when asking
a. why the original pre-order kept getting delayed
b. asking weather they will be releasing Cherry MX Red boards again
c. where the reprogramming software is

The board itself is really good quality. I'm happy with the purchase overall even though the company itself has less than stellar marketing and communication policies. If they re-released the Cherry Red version I'd buy another for a total of three!

I also did not pay full price for the two boards I did get. One was 189 the other 179 at various sales they had.

Offline jasonwirth

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 08 August 2012, 15:55:21 »
Well my board arrived today. The key placement makes it really strange to type. It's like the first time i switched to Dvorak, I have to imagine where my finger should move before pressing the key.

In particular the keys that give me trouble are:
shift -- i want to press ctrl
backspace & enter/return -- my pinky moves to the "[" key

And my right hand keeps moving over a key to the left.

Let's see what happens with a full day of typing tomorrow at work.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 08 August 2012, 22:53:15 »

I have NEVER gotten a response when asking
a. why the original pre-order kept getting delayed
b. asking weather they will be releasing Cherry MX Red boards again
c. where the reprogramming software is

Yep exactly the same for me (except for asking about another cherry red based board and change it for no response when asking about firmware updates for the broken hardware) ... I got a red based board the first time around and am happy with the build quality and the switches ... but what I'm unhappy about is that there's still been no firmware update released to resolve all the problems my board has with macs (which was what I bought it for).  Having to unplug and replug the board constantly when waking my machines from sleep (when you even could wake it) and having to unplug and replug it after each reboot make it pretty boat anchor-ish for me and now that they have moved on to a new model I highly doubt that we'll ever see any software or updates for the original boards.

Unless they actually deliver what they promised (and promised, and promised and made us wait years for) they'll not be getting any more money from me or any recommendations to anyone I know.  It's like buying a car that you have to jump start every time you turn it off ...
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline Tracer

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 09 August 2012, 10:51:06 »
I highly doubt that we'll ever see any software or updates for the original boards.

Having both the 109 and 209, I can assure you that it's not a new board. The only difference I can tell between the old and new board IS firmwear.

Offline Gerk

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 09 August 2012, 12:07:48 »
Having both the 109 and 209, I can assure you that it's not a new board. The only difference I can tell between the old and new board IS firmwear.

Hmm does it resolve the waking from sleep and bootup issues on Macs do you know?  I hope they release a freakin' update ... I'd like to use the board again but it's a royal pain having to constantly unplug and replug (which also causes problems with the software I use to remap stuff)

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 09 August 2012, 21:50:42 »
I was afraid I'd wear out the usb plug so I bought an inexpensive usb switch from Monoprice. It's a simple AB switch. I thought it would be easier to flip a switch rather than constantly unplug, plug the cord into the usb hub. Low tech? Yes. Rinky dink? Yes.  But it does work. It probably won't help your remapping issues but it has saved me a lot of frustration.

I recently got a second computer and the switch lets me effortlessly assign the keyboard to either one saving me buying another TE. Take that Truly Ergonomics!

Offline Gerk

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 11 August 2012, 12:25:38 »
That's a good idea kurplop.  I have an old KVM switching kicking around that I could put inline -- I'll have to give that a try when I have time to dig that switch out.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 11 August 2012, 13:51:56 »
Unfortunately, for a keyboard like this, not being able to reprogram the board is a deal breaker. Maybe one of these days I'll spring for one just to pop it open and replace the chip with a teensy or something else reprogrammable.

Offline Tracer

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 14 August 2012, 09:19:14 »

Hmm does it resolve the waking from sleep and bootup issues on Macs do you know?  I hope they release a freakin' update ... I'd like to use the board again but it's a royal pain having to constantly unplug and replug (which also causes problems with the software I use to remap stuff)

No idea. I don't use Macs except for testing. I have no issues with Windows or Linux.