Author Topic: Razer Naga Mouse (MOBA Edition)  (Read 1594 times)

Offline esko997

• Linux Lover
Razer Naga Mouse (MOBA Edition)
« on: Sat, 05 April 2014, 22:17:39 »
Hey all,

Just wanted to write a quick/brief review of the Razer Naga mouse for those of you who have considered buying it.

I got the mouse at best buy earlier this week for just under $70. I think that price is a little bit steep and i would encourage those that are thinking about buying it to look on places like ebay first.

That being said its a really great mouse -- I picked it up for use with the game DoTA2 because it has an additional 6 buttons on the side of it that i use for items in game. It integrates really easily into the game and didnt require any fiddling with drivers. It also works really well with Linux out of the box (im using arch linux), which was a big plus for me.

The mouse feels pretty comfortable in my hands but it can be a bit awkward at times. There is a small plastic thumb rest on the side, in the middle of the extra buttons that i feel could have been better placed -- this might just be for my hands though. Besides that though its comfortable to use for long amounts of time once yp=ou get used to the grip.

Aesthetically speaking the mouse has a great look and i like the way it looks on my desk.

The mouse is pretty sensitive out of the box, which i really like. If you dont like that however you can probably change it in the driver settings on windows. If youre on arch linux i believe there is a package in the AUR called razercfg that is compatible with the Naga. I havent used it though.

Overall its a great mouse and has really made my DoTA playing much more fun. Im happy with the purchase but would again suggest trying to find it for a bit less than $70 because i feel thats a but steep.

After ive used it for a while i will update the review with how its held up over time.

Thanks for reading, hope this has been informative,

Esko997
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 April 2014, 19:54:49 by esko997 »
Daily Drivers:  Unicomp Customizer (BS -- Linux Layout) | Vortex Race 3 (Clears)
Other Boards: CM Quickfire Stealth (Greens) | Poker II (Blues) | PLU-ML 87 (Ergo Clears)  | JD40 (Browns) | Leopold FC660C (Topre) | IBM Model M | ErgoDox (Clears) | Sentraq s60x DIY (Blacks) | Anne Pro 2 (Blues) | Cherry G80-11900 (Blacks) | Kira (99 Key) (Hako True)