Author Topic: [IC] TMO50 keyboard  (Read 159801 times)

Offline Lormania

Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #600 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:47:40 »
Due to personal matters I'm putting a hold on the GB. I truly am sad about this but... I will be back when I'm ready. This WILL happen sometime.

Hope all is well! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Offline Starius

« Reply #601 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 13:13:21 »
Due to personal matters I'm putting a hold on the GB. I truly am sad about this but... I will be back when I'm ready. This WILL happen sometime.

Don't feel bad on our account.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who should ideally be doing more saving than spending. :)
We'll be here whenever you're able to come back.

For now, we all know your priority needs to be on your situation. 
Best wishes!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #602 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 13:25:34 »
Sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best, funderburker.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #603 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 15:09:10 »

Hope everything is okay! Take care of yourself and those you love first, we're in no hurry here. Waiting patiently for your return!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #604 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 18:51:34 »
yes, take care of real life first. we'll all be hear waiting for your return :D

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #605 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 23:10:59 »
Due to personal matters...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Funder. Take care of what ya need. Wishin' you the best! :thumb:

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #606 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 23:39:43 »
So sorry to hear about this. Hope your situation improves soon Funder!
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #607 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:01:59 »
Hope all will be well with you soon, best wishes.

Offline nothingzzz

« Reply #608 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 12:05:19 »
Best wishes for you, hope everything is going to be better.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline sleepy

« Reply #609 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 12:06:55 »
You're a big inspiration Funder and I give you my best wishes in dealing with the things life has thrown at ya. I'll always be around if you need someone to talk to or just to listen. :hug:

Offline ZROGST

« Reply #610 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 16:27:38 »
Hope everything gets squared away for you Funder :)  We'll be here when you get back to it.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #611 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 21:51:41 »
Took another great photo of this board today. I can't wait for everyone to get their hands on this thing.

Typing video:
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Ayska

« Reply #612 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 05:46:00 »
This looks amazing! Definitely interested. Hope everything in real life is going ok. Looking forward to the group buy though!

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard | IT'S HAPPENING
« Reply #613 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 01:21:55 »
Hey people!

Before the interesting part I would like to say thank you for everyone posting good wishes and messaging me. It's been extremely uplifting and show that there's some great people in this community. THANK YOU. Okay, I'll wipe the tears off and get into something way way more important. :D

As most of you know about a week ago I made a statement about putting TMO50 group buy on hold. It's due to personal matters I don't want to get into but needless to say it's taking a toll on me and my family. It was not easy to make the prior announcement and it's been hard on me as I've put in so much time and resources into everything and I can't make that final step.

Over the course of these past few days I've thought about all the ways I'll come back later and make a group buy and get it out to as many interested people as humanly possible. But the thing is - you've waited long enough and you're ready to get it NOW. Founders boards have been delivered (finally!) and we think it's been a great success! That being said, we (I and the Founders) are confident that TMO50 is ready for a bigger audience. And there's no reason not to make it happen whatever it takes.

I hereby announce that TMO50 group buy Round 1 will happen and it'll happen SOON. With the help and support of a couple of very close friends and also TMO50 founders, Kellybear and Briz, the group buy is back on! We've talked with Kellybear and Briz taking over the operation for Round 1 so I can focus on my personal situation while still being able to see this through. They'll be taking over everything, from organizing to delivery and I have the uttermost confidence they'll do way better than I ever could. If you don't know, they're very talented artisan makers so they have experience with running things and seeing it through.

Where does this leave you and what's happening now? For the time being Kellybear and Briz are busy with their primary business, artisans. But they're already hard at work finalizing pricing and planning out a roadmap for Round 1. There's going to be an official group buy announcement and a GB post made end of September with the actual GB happening in October. For all the details about how it'll go down you'll have to wait until the GB post. But it'll be limited so stay on your toes!

Please notice that I've mentioned "Round 1". There's going be "Round 2" also but I can't say when. Kelly's helping me with this just until I'm ready to organize a group buy on my own. I'll point out again that I don't know when that could be. :(

I would like to thank Kellybear and Briz for coming through with this incredible save and I'm grateful to have them. Also all the other Founders - your time and feedback is what motivates me to see this through. I'm also thankful for everyone in this IC that's been holding in with me and TMO50. It's been a long way to get here and I'm happy that we've found a way this board can become a reality and bring it to you all. TMO50 will live on and I'm 100% confident that'll there's more to come from me when I return.

Sincerely,
Emils
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline cucgach

« Reply #614 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 01:24:39 »
Dude.. Best post ever!!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline BobCarltheThird

Re: [IC] TMO50 keyboard | IT'S HAPPENING
« Reply #615 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 01:35:11 »
Hey people!

Before the interesting part I would like to say thank you for everyone posting good wishes and messaging me. It's been extremely uplifting and show that there's some great people in this community. THANK YOU. Okay, I'll wipe the tears off and get into something way way more important. :D

As most of you know about a week ago I made a statement about putting TMO50 group buy on hold. It's due to personal matters I don't want to get into but needless to say it's taking a toll on me and my family. It was not easy to make the prior announcement and it's been hard on me as I've put in so much time and resources into everything and I can't make that final step.

Over the course of these past few days I've thought about all the ways I'll come back later and make a group buy and get it out to as many interested people as humanly possible. But the thing is - you've waited long enough and you're ready to get it NOW. Founders boards have been delivered (finally!) and we think it's been a great success! That being said, we (I and the Founders) are confident that TMO50 is ready for a bigger audience. And there's no reason not to make it happen whatever it takes.

I hereby announce that TMO50 group buy Round 1 will happen and it'll happen SOON. With the help and support of a couple of very close friends and also TMO50 founders, Kellybear and Briz, the group buy is back on! We've talked with Kellybear and Briz taking over the operation for Round 1 so I can focus on my personal situation while still being able to see this through. They'll be taking over everything, from organizing to delivery and I have the uttermost confidence they'll do way better than I ever could. If you don't know, they're very talented artisan makers so they have experience with running things and seeing it through.

Where does this leave you and what's happening now? For the time being Kellybear and Briz are busy with their primary business, artisans. But they're already hard at work finalizing pricing and planning out a roadmap for Round 1. There's going to be an official group buy announcement and a GB post made end of September with the actual GB happening in October. For all the details about how it'll go down you'll have to wait until the GB post. But it'll be limited so stay on your toes!

Please notice that I've mentioned "Round 1". There's going be "Round 2" also but I can't say when. Kelly's helping me with this just until I'm ready to organize a group buy on my own. I'll point out again that I don't know when that could be. :(

I would like to thank Kellybear and Briz for coming through with this incredible save and I'm grateful to have them. Also all the other Founders - your time and feedback is what motivates me to see this through. I'm also thankful for everyone in this IC that's been holding in with me and TMO50. It's been a long way to get here and I'm happy that we've found a way this board can become a reality and bring it to you all. TMO50 will live on and I'm 100% confident that'll there's more to come from me when I return.

Sincerely,
Emils

Nice
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline PyroL

« Reply #616 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 01:36:29 »
Well this is more than exciting :DD

Offline hndle

« Reply #617 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:07:38 »
wow! really good news

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #618 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:28:56 »
Omg! It's so amazing that you're still trying to get this sorted for everyone :0

So so ready for this. I'll be on board the instant that the GB goes up :thumb: and maybe I'll need a second one too by the time that R2 rolls around  ;)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:39:38 »
Hi guys! I just wanted to chime in since Emils has announced that I will be handling the round 1 buy for this board. I will have an official GB thread posted up in late September with price estimates for everyone. I plan to have 30 slots for this group buy. I wish I could do more but this takes away time from my normal work. I'm ecstatic to move forward with this and get the TMO50 to those who want it! Please stay tuned for more information :3

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #620 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:43:19 »
Hi guys! I just wanted to chime in since Emils has announced that I will be handling the round 1 buy for this board. I will have an official GB thread posted up in late September with price estimates for everyone. I plan to have 30 slots for this group buy. I wish I could do more but this takes away time from my normal work. I'm ecstatic to move forward with this and get the TMO50 to those who want it! Please stay tuned for more information :3

I know you might not have decided yet, but is it gonna be a first-come-first-served dealy, or a raffle? If the slots are gonna be limited

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #621 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:52:55 »

I know you might not have decided yet, but is it gonna be a first-come-first-served dealy, or a raffle? If the slots are gonna be limited

If there is more interest than there is slots, I plan to raffle! I'm just going to have people interested fill out the form based on what they want and I'll have it run through a random number generator to select people. It'll be open a reasonable amount of time to allow everyone to enter (probably 24 hours).

Offline dantambok

« Reply #622 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:55:40 »
interested in this but waiting for final pricing so i can decide whether to jump in or not! Glad this is back on.  ;D
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #623 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:56:58 »

If there is more interest than there is slots, I plan to raffle! I'm just going to have people interested fill out the form based on what they want and I'll have it run through a random number generator to select people. It'll be open a reasonable amount of time to allow everyone to enter (probably 24 hours).

Cool! Thanks for the info :) I always suck at being ready for FCFS stuff, so raffle is probably good

Also thanks for taking this over! Super cool of you

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #624 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 02:59:50 »
interested in this but waiting for final pricing so i can decide whether to jump in or not! Glad this is back on.  ;D

I'll have concrete prices listed when I post up the group buy thread. For now I can tell you that the boards will cost between 275-350 depending on materials chosen! Sorry I can't give more details yet. :< I promise the group buy thread will be up before the form for entry opens so people can see prices ahead of time.

Offline nocilantroplz

« Reply #625 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 03:02:02 »
I really want to try this layout and the board looks great. If it's rose gold it'd be a dream come true for me too. The color linked to the 'Rose Goldia' in the front page is Pantone 7520C which looks really nice, but the color shown in one of the founder boards seems to be more pink, almost light purple-ish. Is it just me or the lighting, or is that the final Rose Goldia?

https://i.imgur.com/2LPghkh.jpg

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #626 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 03:06:44 »
I really want to try this layout and the board looks great. If it's rose gold it'd be a dream come true for me too. The color linked to the 'Rose Goldia' in the front page is Pantone 7520C which looks really nice, but the color shown in one of the founder boards seems to be more pink, almost light purple-ish. Is it just me or the lighting, or is that the final Rose Goldia?

The pink board that you see in photos is a custom pink that was chosen by a founder. That will not be the same as the Rose Goldia group buy color. Unfortunately I don’t have a physical sample of the Rose Goldia since the color was added after samples had already been ordered and received.

Offline nocilantroplz

« Reply #627 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 03:17:57 »

The pink board that you see in photos is a custom pink that was chosen by a founder. That will not be the same as the Rose Goldia group buy color. Unfortunately I don’t have a physical sample of the Rose Goldia since the color was added after samples had already been ordered and received.

Glad to know! I'm definitely in for a Rose Goldia  ;D

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #628 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 03:19:16 »

Glad to know! I'm definitely in for a Rose Goldia  ;D

I am happy to know that! Also, I love cilantro. :<

Offline typischt

« Reply #629 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 03:56:17 »
Hey people!

Sincerely,
Emils
Hey Funderburker!
Really good to hear that the board is going to be produced despite your current personal situation. Thanks a lot for your work on this and that you still found a way to get this made. I have a lot of respect for that (and you) and it shows all the heart you put into this board! This is really inspiring to me and, evidentially, a lot of other people! Thanks also for that!
All the best to you, hopefully, you situation will improve soon!

Offline dantambok

« Reply #630 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 04:11:45 »

I'll have concrete prices listed when I post up the group buy thread. For now I can tell you that the boards will cost between 275-350 depending on materials chosen! Sorry I can't give more details yet. :< I promise the group buy thread will be up before the form for entry opens so people can see prices ahead of time.

Alrighty thanks! i've been looking to pick up a purple board. This might just be my first one heh
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #631 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:03:34 »
I'm excited that this is going to happen but I have TERRIBLE rng luck.  I've been after this board since the very first post so I can't say I'm super happy about only 30 slots in R1.  Life goes on though and after I lose R1 I'll be fully supportive of R2 and beyond!  Funderburker,  you have designed a beautiful endgame keyboard worthy of any collection (as well as daily use!).  October can't come soon enough!

Offline typischt

« Reply #632 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:41:07 »

Not sure, if the 275-350 price is a bit too steep for me.. Going to have to consider this, maybe I‘d have to wait for the second run. Still, thanks a lot for taking over this first round!
Two quick questions:
1. Are there already some pictures of your founders board? :)
2. Is there going to be a possibility for a raw board (meaning without anodization)? I already asked the question once (and the answer was „probably not possible“), but since everything changed a bit, I thought I‘d ask again.

Offline godinjointform

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #633 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:47:55 »
I'm really happy to hear Kelly and Briz will be taking over for this first round of boards. They both care deeply about the quality of the products they deliver, and they have the infrastructure for this to be a very successful group buy. Looking forward to seeing more people get this board in their hands!

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #634 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 07:33:29 »
Agreed with all of the other sentiments expressed here! Funderburker, thanks for ensuring the project continues in the very near term -- you didn't need to! Best wishes. Kellybear and Briz, thanks for taking up the mantle amongst all of your other work! I'm disappointed the first run will be a raffle of 30, as there's been lots of interest and I have terrible luck, but I applaud you for keeping the scale manageable for yourselves!

Offline ctrl

« Reply #635 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 08:27:01 »
Just found out about this board and am happy to see that it will move on to GB. If only it would've had split LShift, it would've come very close to my dream layout. Still, I'm following this with great interest. If only my sack of money allows it (it's a very flappy sack), I just might jump on the bandwagon here. :)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #636 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 12:11:58 »

Not sure, if the 275-350 price is a bit too steep for me.. Going to have to consider this, maybe I‘d have to wait for the second run. Still, thanks a lot for taking over this first round!
Two quick questions:
1. Are there already some pictures of your founders board? :)
2. Is there going to be a possibility for a raw board (meaning without anodization)? I already asked the question once (and the answer was „probably not possible“), but since everything changed a bit, I thought I‘d ask again.

There have been founder shots posted around reddit I believe. Dixiemech, AceRecon, sparklepony, and Vewy_nice are some people off the top of my head that have posted shots of their boards publicly! I have not built my own board yet, and I am building another founder board as well so I will have photos of those when they are finished whenever that is. I have put my own projects aside to make time for working on my artisan sales and incorporating this group buy into my usual timeline :3

EDIT: Oops, sorry.. I didn't address your second question. There will not be an option for a raw board this time around. We have 6 color options for all aluminum parts.

I'm excited that this is going to happen but I have TERRIBLE rng luck.  I've been after this board since the very first post so I can't say I'm super happy about only 30 slots in R1.  Life goes on though and after I lose R1 I'll be fully supportive of R2 and beyond!  Funderburker,  you have designed a beautiful endgame keyboard worthy of any collection (as well as daily use!).  October can't come soon enough!

Agreed with all of the other sentiments expressed here! Funderburker, thanks for ensuring the project continues in the very near term -- you didn't need to! Best wishes. Kellybear and Briz, thanks for taking up the mantle amongst all of your other work! I'm disappointed the first run will be a raffle of 30, as there's been lots of interest and I have terrible luck, but I applaud you for keeping the scale manageable for yourselves!

I know it's disappointing that it will be a raffle. I wish I could do more but I don't want to bury myself in boards since I am trying to fit in doing the group buy while I am still working on my own projects. I hope you understand. This will just be the first run and of course more rounds will be available in the future. I really appreciate you guys expressing your thoughts. Like I stated previously, if more entries appear than slots, it will raffle, but if there are 30 people then everyone gets in. I know it'll come down to the prices so I will post the group buy when I can finalize everything.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2018, 12:16:40 by Kellybear »

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #637 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 16:43:12 »
I know it's disappointing that it will be a raffle. I wish I could do more but I don't want to bury myself in boards since I am trying to fit in doing the group buy while I am still working on my own projects. I hope you understand. This will just be the first run and of course more rounds will be available in the future. I really appreciate you guys expressing your thoughts. Like I stated previously, if more entries appear than slots, it will raffle, but if there are 30 people then everyone gets in. I know it'll come down to the prices so I will post the group buy when I can finalize everything.

Oh no, I totally understand. As I said, beyond my personal feelings, I'm glad that you're being realistic about the scale of the project! It's all too common in these group buy / crowdfunding situations for project leaders to over-promise and then get overwhelmed, so I take this as a sign that the project will likely stay on track and is in professional hands :) We'll see how things go once the final price is announced -- there's a big difference between 275 and 350.

Offline hndle

« Reply #638 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 12:39:23 »
I hope there is one of my seat in the 30  :-X
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 September 2018, 14:44:20 by hndle »

Offline SBN

« Reply #639 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 14:42:25 »
Happy to hear a GB is happening!! Many thanks to everyone involved and all the best to funderburker of course!

I’ll definitely join the raffle! That’s always exciting and not as stressful as a FCFS buy... :)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #640 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 16:06:44 »

Oh no, I totally understand. As I said, beyond my personal feelings, I'm glad that you're being realistic about the scale of the project! It's all too common in these group buy / crowdfunding situations for project leaders to over-promise and then get overwhelmed, so I take this as a sign that the project will likely stay on track and is in professional hands :) We'll see how things go once the final price is announced -- there's a big difference between 275 and 350.

The range of pricing comes from whether you decide to do full aluminum case with aluminum/brass plate versus an aluminum top and polycarbonate for the rest. Polycarbonate plate and bottom are of course cheaper options compared to their metal counterparts. I still want to offer as much as I can despite this being a small buy so I do want to give aluminum, brass, and polycarbonate options. The numbers themselves will either go up or down. I’m also including PayPal fees and shipping in this guestimate. I’ll get the group buy thread up as soon as I can after I’m done communicating with the manufacturer for the cases and the PCBs.

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #641 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 18:02:54 »

The range of pricing comes from whether you decide to do full aluminum case with aluminum/brass plate versus an aluminum top and polycarbonate for the rest. Polycarbonate plate and bottom are of course cheaper options compared to their metal counterparts. I still want to offer as much as I can despite this being a small buy so I do want to give aluminum, brass, and polycarbonate options. The numbers themselves will either go up or down. I’m also including PayPal fees and shipping in this guestimate. I’ll get the group buy thread up as soon as I can after I’m done communicating with the manufacturer for the cases and the PCBs.

Just to clarify, there will be no polycarbonate top correct?
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #642 on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 18:05:17 »
Just to clarify, there will be no polycarbonate top correct?

Correct! Due to the immense amount of warping, the polycarbonate top will not be in the official buy.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #643 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 16:39:36 »
Coming back to this keyboard every few days, wondering if I'll even have the funds to cover it. This is no bueno.

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #644 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:15:39 »
Update for everyone: GB thread is awaiting approval. Prices have been posted in them. I'll post the link when the thread is approved!

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #645 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:17:34 »
Update for everyone: GB thread is awaiting approval. Prices have been posted in them. I'll post the link when the thread is approved!

Omggg it's finally happening!!! So dang excited

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #646 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:23:53 »

Omggg it's finally happening!!! So dang excited

OMGGGG, it's happening! :)
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline GeneriksGiraffe

• Living the Rubber Life
« Reply #647 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:34:59 »
Coming back to this keyboard every few days, wondering if I'll even have the funds to cover it. This is no bueno.
Yeah. Im feeling the same way. This is honestly my favorite layout so far and I cant even afford it. Smh.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

SOMEONE PLEASE SELL/TRADE ME AN HHKB PRO 1

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #648 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 20:01:08 »
Yeah. Im feeling the same way. This is honestly my favorite layout so far and I cant even afford it. Smh.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

me 3 but I'm really trying to stay optimistic about the raffle.  going to find a way to make it happen (if I wiin)!!  A layout like this doesn't come along often so I have to figure it out.  It's going to be my travel keeb and I've been practicing with the layout by paying attention to my common keystrokes and functions at work to see how they will match up (it's looking good and easy to use so far).  Hype!

Offline cucgach

« Reply #649 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 20:04:24 »
New keeb or iphone XS? Meh..i'm an android fan ..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly