Author Topic: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions  (Read 1249833 times)

Offline BitterMango

Re: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions
« Reply #4450 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 13:25:09 »
I can't imagine what substantial addition can be made to the keyboard, as tech teams around the world have been trying for decades to innovate with the design, from touchscreens to ergonomic oddities and none of the proposed solutions were either marketable or a really good substitute.

The only innovation of any practical use I appreciated were extra USB ports on keyboards, media keys and FN layers in general, and wireless options. Smaller keyboards as well, for the extra mouse space. This is all ubiquitous by now, and some of it isn't even particularly 'modern'.

I'm aware of optical switches, and efforts to make hall-effect mass market but I'm somewhat lukewarm on these developments as even if key switches are made to last much longer, the likelihood is that there will be an another point of failure on the keyboard long before the switches wear out.

Maybe that's a failure of my imagination, but perhaps customization centered around aesthetics and perceived build quality is as far as it goes for the most part?

Offline rxc92

« Reply #4451 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 13:37:38 »
I find it strange that people ask for Model M build quality when far superior (in build quality and sturdiness) boards exist in the form of almost any metal-encased mechanical keyboard today. Being heavy does not a quality keyboard make.

It surely doesn't, but most modern plastic cases feel really flimsy, especially with a floating cap design. It screams cost saving (to me). That's the mass market keyboard, not a metal encased one. Those are, for the most part a premium.

Of course the heaviness and thickness of the plastic case have very little practical function - even my Ajazz AK33 doesn't slide around and the case is not likely to break during its lifetime. So it's just about the subjective feeling of quality associated with solidity and weight, i.e. heavy = substantial.
It's true that industrialization drives some things, like kb, into unacceptable borders for some. But it is also true that kb aficionados pay insane prices for over-engineered cases and kb construction. I like this forum's drive for creativity and innovation in kb concepts, but I really hate the trend towards hundred of dollars designs that add nothing to the functionality.

I agree on principle, yet what else is there to change? Bona fide changes in technology are incredibly few and far between in terms of case design. In the past decade I can think of RGB diffusers and hotswap as being maybe the only functional differences. Outside of that, the only way to differentiate keyboards is in aesthetics; tilt, color, material, and design can be modified ad nauseam to create new marketable products. Without these ever more extravagant mods, first from Korean customs, gold springs, stickers, and the like into full metal cases and brass weights, then the older generation likely wouldn’t buy new keyboards and the hobby could very well die out. 

I myself had achieved what I thought was endgame for years, til new stuff came out that made me reevaluate. During the entire interim, I completely disconnected from the keyboard communities as it had lost relevance.

Offline JohnMD1022

• http://springcreekrhapsody.blogspot.com
« Reply #4452 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 14:46:21 »
I couldn't stand the Topre. I gave it away after a few hours use.

I like Razers, but reliability is a problem. The RGB quit working on my favorite one. I had it fixed on light blue, and it was nice on nights when I was having trouble sleeping. This one doubles up on a random basis. Their software UI needs work. It is unreadable if you are older. There is no way to increase the type size, either.

I have used Model Ms for about as long as they've been made. 30+ years. I have a 1986 and a 1987. I have two Spacesaver TKL models and they are very nice except that they are a bit large. That said, I have 11 full size Model Ms plus the two Spacesavers.

Offline Venaros

« Reply #4453 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 15:31:04 »
I like Razers, but reliability is a problem. The RGB quit working on my favorite one. I had it fixed on light blue, and it was nice on nights when I was having trouble sleeping. This one doubles up on a random basis. Their software UI needs work. It is unreadable if you are older. There is no way to increase the type size, either.

Why do you like Razer if they have so many problems, and pretty much all of their features can be found on other boards?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4454 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 17:16:38 »
maybe they mean the switches?
I love Elzy

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #4455 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 00:03:05 »
gmk jamon is uggo af
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #4456 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 02:24:31 »

Offline TuCZnak

« Reply #4457 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 03:27:59 »
gmk jamon is uggo af

Thia thread is for unpopular opinions... lol

Offline rxc92

« Reply #4458 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 03:48:40 »
Here's one: having a hiragana layout keyset while then having a non-JIS layout keyboard is one of the most wannabe things in this hobby. If you actually type in Japanese, use a damn Japanese keyboard, if not, don't try to slap that stuff on your keycaps and pretend you know the language. Kind of similar to Hangul sets, but at least Hangul is used with ANSI.

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #4459 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 03:54:50 »
but but it looks so damm nice  :confused:

Offline subcat

« Reply #4460 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 04:05:07 »
no one's pretending they know the language, hiragana often fits a thematic/aesthetic purpose, e.g. it makes sense on a topre keyboard because they are made by a japanese company in japan

gatekeeping keycap sublegend choices is ridiculous, let people use what they want

Offline rxc92

« Reply #4461 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 04:08:32 »
Look who didn't read the title  :rolleyes: 

Ikr..

Offline subcat

« Reply #4462 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 04:12:45 »
Look who didn't read the title  :rolleyes: 

Ikr..

i don't see 'no discussion allowed' anywhere in the title  :p

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4463 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 08:30:51 »
Here's one: having a hiragana layout keyset while then having a non-JIS layout keyboard is one of the most wannabe things in this hobby. If you actually type in Japanese, use a damn Japanese keyboard, if not, don't try to slap that stuff on your keycaps and pretend you know the language. Kind of similar to Hangul sets, but at least Hangul is used with ANSI.

I don't speak any language other than english...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4464 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 11:27:13 »

I don't speak any language other than english...
Don't confuse aesthetics with utility. The first commands more demand than the second in keyboard-land.

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #4465 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 11:36:28 »
no one's pretending they know the language, hiragana often fits a thematic/aesthetic purpose, e.g. it makes sense on a topre keyboard because they are made by a japanese company in japan

gatekeeping keycap sublegend choices is ridiculous, let people use what they want

おい、何言っているな?俺は日本語をしているよ。

That said for actual Japanese input I use romanji with an IME anyway...

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #4466 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 13:17:41 »

I was actually pushing for GMK Laser to support JIS layouts if they were going full Hiragana. Alas, most people just enjoy the look and feel. In any case, the cyberpunk aesthetic is heavily influenced by Japanese culture, so I think the design decision for that set made sense.

As for what other have said -- yeah the majority of us don't speak Japanese or even Russian for that matter. Aesthetics are king in this hobby. :Shrug:  I get where you're coming from, though.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4467 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 15:35:51 »
proper jis legends cost money

working on it
I love Elzy

Offline fer.real

« Reply #4468 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 15:59:18 »

working on it

I would like to see a PCB that supports JIS layout as well.  Not because I speak Japanese, just becuase I like the bottom row.

I like blue, too.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4469 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 12:08:01 »
I personally feel like Razer Greens are a great switch. They are very clicky, which is just what i need. They are a great alternative to MX Blues.

Please don't hate on me 😕

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #4470 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 16:41:09 »
Well, maybe that's true, but I don't like MX Blue either. Is that an unpopular opinion? Barely tactile AND barely clicky, not a good combo

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #4471 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 17:03:43 »
I personally feel like Razer Greens are a great switch. They are very clicky, which is just what i need. They are a great alternative to MX Blues.

No hate from me at all man, if it floats your boat sail it! Although i do have to ask why Razer Greens when all the awesome Kaihl BOX click bar switches are available?

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #4472 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 17:07:33 »

working on it

PCBs that support JIS & JIS compatibility in high quality keycap sets would be awesome to see! The JIS bottom row always intrigued me since it so ergonomic & I have thought on more than a few occasions what I could use the extra keys for. Sure I could always do a split spacebar build for a similar amount of keys on the bottom row, but JIS just looks so much more elegant than split spacebar to me. Glad to hear you're cooking something up!
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 September 2019, 17:09:24 by Rob27shred »

Offline Devil

« Reply #4473 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 21:37:43 »
  • HHKB Layout doesn't make any sense. Why do you want to remove the Control key?
  • I don't see why people say MX switches are scratchy.
  • Linear switches are inferior (and overrated) to tactile switches.
  • The whole artisan keycap thing is odd to me. Also why does everyone want super bright keycaps and everything in white?
  • Topres are overpriced.
  • 65% Layout is the best layout for those who don't program.
  • All keyboards should have a volume knob, save the space and USB port for something else.
  • Handwiring is ugly.
  • I don't see how someone can use keyboards like TGR Alice.
  • Split keys don't make sense.
  • 40% seem useless when 60%s exist

All I can think of right now. Don't hate me. Although this is gonna get some salty responses I bet.

Offline Devil

« Reply #4474 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 21:39:53 »

Why would you want to use Razer switches when MX and other clicky switches exist that are superior? Razer is the definition of gamer marketing. Cheap components and quality at premium prices.

Offline rxc92

« Reply #4475 on: Tue, 03 September 2019, 23:16:26 »
  • HHKB Layout doesn't make any sense. Why do you want to remove the Control key?

The other stuff about Alice/split keys is just plain ignorance, they're more ergonomic and everyone (who uses a computer regularly) should strive to use something like that. TGR Alice layout is extremely simple as well. 
Besides that though, it's not about removing the Ctrl key, it's more about removing Caps Lock. That key is essentially useless and in a very handy position to use, which is why almost everyone maps LCtrl to that key (there's a DIP switch on the bottom of HHKB's for this purpose, and you can QMK flash customs). 
Also the volume knob wastes a lot of bezel space while making the keyboard bulkier.[/list]

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4476 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 00:07:21 »
Topres are overpriced.

Price is set by whatever the market will bear, and the market will most certainly bear Topre.

65% Layout is the best layout for those who don't program.

And what layout is..?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4477 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 01:35:05 »
Topres are overpriced.

Price is set by whatever the market will bear, and the market will most certainly bear Topre.

And what layout is..?

More than 68 keys for those programming EPROM chips?  555 timers?  What the heck are they programming that needs a keyboard larger than a 65% is what I'd want to know.

Offline guptaji

« Reply #4478 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 01:44:46 »

My experience was the exact opposite. I prefer the MX to the Razor switches. I guess it simply boils down to preferences

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #4479 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 04:39:31 »
All I can think of right now. Don't hate me. Although this is gonna get some salty responses I bet.

No hate, but I don't understand all of those.

• But HHKB has a Control key…
  • Have you tried MX switches next to a truly smooth switch like Gateron/Zealios? As to WHY they are scratchy, I always like looking at these photos: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74836.0
  • Agreed, but this is personal preference
  • Agreed on the artisans; colors are personal preference and don't really matter much IMO
  • Overpriced as compared to what? They don't really have much competition
  • What does programming have to do with it? Do you mean that the best layout for programmers is smaller or larger? I'm a programmer and I use 60%, and I can think of many games that use the F keys and even the numpad.
  • I don't understand this one. Save what space and USB port?
  • Well, agreed, but who cares, surely you're not going to look at the wiring?
  • Why not?
  • What do you mean by this? Why are split keys nonsensical? You get more keys in the same space. You even said above that you think 65% is a good layout, which basically has a split right shift.
  • Why? Does it work further too? Is 60% useless when 65% exists? Why wouldn't 65% be useless when 75% exists? 75% isn't even broader than 65%, just taller. The thing that makes smaller layouts useful is that they bring all the keys closer to the home row (just hidden underneath layers), which is more ergonomic than stuffing them out to the side.

Offline nappis

« Reply #4480 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 06:23:19 »
As someone said earlier HHKB has one control key on the left. On mac control key does not get much use. But if you're Windows/Linux/VIM/Emacs user or programmer I don't see why you would ever want to get rid off second control key.

Don't you guys touch type and use mods on both sides keyboard?

Offline porschepotty

« Reply #4481 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 08:57:06 »
Hey guys kinda new here but have an opinion which I think is unpopular. I think that 96-key layouts are highly underrated, and am surprised that 60% or even TKLs are considered 'popular' options. I think a 96-key layout is a far better compromise than TKL if space is a concern, as you retain access to nav buttons, a numpad plus an enter key close to the mouse thumb (won't apply to left handed users though).

Offline rxc92

« Reply #4482 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 14:49:40 »
Don't you guys touch type and use mods on both sides keyboard?

Two separate questions you're asking, not one. I'm sure the large majority of people here touch type, but I've never really found much use out of my RCtrl (even though I usually type on a TKL rather than HHKB-layout), as I have to shift my hand a fair bit to get to it, compared to my left pinky naturally resting on LCtrl (on Caps). Thankfully my two main keyboards are Topre (hardware/software switch) and QMK-capable (flashing) so I never need to worry about using LCtrl in its supremely uncomfortable normal location.

Offline t0rk

• Still waiting on a Topre Planck..
« Reply #4483 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 15:20:21 »
Hey guys kinda new here but have an opinion which I think is unpopular. I think that 96-key layouts are highly underrated, and am surprised that 60% or even TKLs are considered 'popular' options. I think a 96-key layout is a far better compromise than TKL if space is a concern, as you retain access to nav buttons, a numpad plus an enter key close to the mouse thumb (won't apply to left handed users though).

Not unpopular I don't think. I prefer the 1800 layout too, and I think people who prefer 60% or TKL are mostly in it for the aesthetics. 65% and 1800 are far more functional that 60% or TKL respectively.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4484 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 15:30:46 »

And what layout is..?

More than 68 keys for those programming EPROM chips?  555 timers?  What the heck are they programming that needs a keyboard larger than a 65% is what I'd want to know.

Right? IMO a more experienced dev needs _less_ keys. Use C-a and C-e for home and end. Use hjkl or jkl; for arrows. Page up and down are easily layered with Super or Fn so you don't even have to lift your fingers off the home row.

I guess FNs for macros?

Offline rxc92

« Reply #4485 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 20:01:39 »
The whole point of a TKL is that it cuts down the width greatly, letting you out your hands closer together (much better ergonomically) while having all other functionality with no layout differences (so no need to change or relearn). If you need to use a numpad and can’t be bothered to get a separate one, then 1800 is better than full-size and a great option, but claiming people prefer TKL/60% purely out of aesthetics isnt completely right either.
Also: travel. Man I love my TKL but shoving that thing into a backpack or luggage is a lot more space wasted than a 60%, especially on a regular basis.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4486 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 21:19:42 »

And what layout is..?

Right? IMO a more experienced dev needs _less_ keys. Use C-a and C-e for home and end. Use hjkl or jkl; for arrows. Page up and down are easily layered with Super or Fn so you don't even have to lift your fingers off the home row.

I guess FNs for macros?

I'm no dev, but I use Vim exclusively for some reason.  Also using jkl; for arrows $(homing_bar), and ui nm for other navi keys.  Though F row and numpad were very helpful for 3D modeling.

Or maybe some kind of VS Code hotkey voodoo?

Offline appaboy

« Reply #4487 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 08:27:57 »
Many sets look better without their accent keys , and often I feel like the accents don’t fit the kit very well. 9009 does accent keys well

PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4488 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 08:47:44 »
Many sets look better without their accent keys , and often I feel like the accents don’t fit the kit very well. 9009 does accent keys well
Colors and their combinations look better as we become familiar with them. The classic combinations are just too common that most of us are accustomed to them, therefore they look better to us. 9009 is a great example.

Offline MMKB

« Reply #4489 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 07:22:20 »
Please no Brass weight

I understand that brass weight have several benefits but…

• Looks good: can’t argue with that but plenty of materials/finishes could look nice. Also uncoated brass will rust.
  • Anti-slippery: There are ways to prevent keyboards from slipping on the desk. Better rubber feet for example.
  • Sounds nicer: yes but there are plenty of ways to improve the typing sound. Dampening sheet or isolated mount for example. IMO (semi-) open back keyboard with no weight sounds even nicer.
  • Heavier: this confused me the most. How is heavier desirable? For me it’s a huge pain when I carry keyboards. I carry them a lot because I constantly modify and photograph them. The more brass weight I see on new products and the more appreciation people express, it all seems more of a fad to me. Unless heavy translated to premium?
  • Price: cost will increase due to different material and additional parts. We all pay the cost in the end.

None of the holy grail vintage keyboards have brass weight yet they could still feel wonderful.

Not against the brass plate. They sound deeper, serve the purpose of a plate, and are good looking accent too.

On the other hand, this thread is gold and it feels good to let it out  ;D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4490 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 07:30:11 »

Heavier: this confused me the most. How is heavier desirable?

Years ago, Ripster wrote a guide on how to smelt and cast lead in your backyard BBQ grill to make weights to fit inside the bottom case shell.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline MMKB

« Reply #4491 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 07:39:38 »

Heavier: this confused me the most. How is heavier desirable?

Years ago, Ripster wrote a guide on how to smelt and cast lead in your backyard BBQ grill to make weights to fit inside the bottom case shell.

Good god. Might become a popular interest check on GH

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4492 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 07:42:01 »
Please no Brass weight

• Looks good: can’t argue with that but plenty of materials/finishes could look nice. Also uncoated brass will rust.
  • Anti-slippery: There are ways to prevent keyboards from slipping on the desk. Better rubber feet for example.
  • Sounds nicer: yes but there are plenty of ways to improve the typing sound. Dampening sheet or isolated mount for example. IMO (semi-) open back keyboard with no weight sounds even nicer.
  • Heavier: this confused me the most. How is heavier desirable? For me it’s a huge pain when I carry keyboards. I carry them a lot because I constantly modify and photograph them. The more brass weight I see on new products and the more appreciation people express, it all seems more of a fad to me. Unless heavy translated to premium?
  • Price: cost will increase due to different material and additional parts. We all pay the cost in the end.
None of the holy grail vintage keyboards have brass weight yet they could still feel wonderful.

Not against the brass plate. They sound deeper, serve the purpose of a plate, and are good looking accent too.

The use of machined metals for keeb's cases is due to the fact that any custom made board run is made in extremely low volumes that do not justify a plastic injection mold. But a machining case is not the more sounding manufacturing method for such component, only tolerable due to low demand. One of the best cases ever made  is the Poker II's die casting case that is made of aluminum. It is still over-engineered due to the metal, but a great if not the best keeb case. I have one and its feeling, rigidity and weight are in total balance with the function of an actual keeb case that is still discreet and not for show.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4493 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 10:59:46 »
Please no Brass weight

The use of machined metals for keeb's cases is due to the fact that any custom made board run is made in extremely low volumes that do not justify a plastic injection mold. But a machining case is not the more sounding manufacturing method for such component, only tolerable due to low demand. One of the best cases ever made  is the Poker II's die casting case that is made of aluminum. It is still over-engineered due to the metal, but a great if not the best keeb case. I have one and its feeling, rigidity and weight are in total balance with the function of an actual keeb case that is still discreet and not for show.

Couldn't agree more. I keep telling myself that I'm going to buy a newer, flashier case for my 60% -- why would I when the poker cases were/are so well done.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4494 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 11:44:04 »
Although i do have to ask why Razer Greens when all the awesome Kaihl BOX click bar switches are available?
I think a clicky switch should not be louder on the up-stroke!

• I don't see why people say MX switches are scratchy.
They were noticeably scratchier than the competition a couple years ago before Cherry renewed their tooling. Vintage switches are smooth, and new switches are smooth. It is those from the mech gaming craze-era that are bad, and many people's opinion are of switches from that time.

What the heck are they programming that needs a keyboard larger than a 65% is what I'd want to know.
If you do programming in Microsoft Visual Studio, you need to use the F-keys: especially for debugging. Some functions are with Shift. In that case, having the keys is more useful than saving space.

Personally, (for programming or just text-editing) I am also used to having all 6 keys in the nav cluster above the arrow keys, except for Insert.
Not all 65% have the Del key, and those that do usually sacrifice Home and End for it.
Not all programs support Ctrl+A/E for Home/End, but pretty much all programs support the dedicated keys and in text editors there are combinations with Shift and Ctrl with Home and End that are useful.

... To put in his Filco, which was made from thin plastic. That was a mod to fix a deficiency.
Having a keyboard designed to have a brass weight from the start, inside an otherwise solid and relatively heavy enclosure of solid aluminium is a different thing.
I'd bet that many of those aluminium cases are already heavier than Ripster's leaded Filco.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2019, 11:46:09 by Findecanor »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4495 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:02:10 »

And what layout is..?

I guess FNs for macros?

I'm no dev, but I use Vim exclusively for some reason.  Also using jkl; for arrows $(homing_bar), and ui nm for other navi keys.  Though F row and numpad were very helpful for 3D modeling.

Or maybe some kind of VS Code hotkey voodoo?

What the heck are they programming that needs a keyboard larger than a 65% is what I'd want to know.

If you do programming in Microsoft Visual Studio, you need to use the F-keys: especially for debugging. Some functions are with Shift. In that case, having the keys is more useful than saving space.

So the answer to my question was yes--thank you for pointing that out.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4496 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:03:44 »
Red is okay.. but i found my zealios switches better.

To be honest.. too overhyped. Better version of cherry mx clear.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 September 2019, 07:27:25 by Sintpinty »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4497 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 13:12:35 »

Offline appaboy

« Reply #4498 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 17:07:46 »
Lemo connectors look bad on a desk
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4499 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 17:52:25 »
Lemo connectors look bad on a desk

Buddy just wait until you see the pc cables i have to deal with when playing Arsenal