Author Topic: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy  (Read 1219028 times)

Offline orcinus

Re: Orion V2 Kustom TKL Group Buy
« Reply #1450 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 16:38:38 »
Looks awesome, best Orion so far to me!

Anyone knows if there's a way to control the five LEDs on the right software side?

They're indicators, nothing really that you can control about them.

Eyup, nothing you can do, unless you decide to port TMK to Orion v2 :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 January 2016, 16:40:32 by orcinus »

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1451 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 16:39:32 »
my photography is garbage

Show Image

Photo's perfectly fine.
It's weird how i couldn't stand Hyperfuse (i dunno why, i just found it obnoxious), but i'm now finding it looks nice on an Orion.

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1452 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 15:22:04 »
Argh. Now i've fixed my space bar stickiness and feel for good, the bounce is driving me nuts.
Anyone got any experience with adjusting the debounce settings in Control Mode?

Offline elton5354

« Reply #1453 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:36:02 »
Octagon V2 GB will be up soon.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1454 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 22:02:30 »

:eek:

I can't wait! ;D :D ;) :-*

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1455 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 22:03:30 »

u'll have to wait a year for the gb to actually finish so I'd work on the whole "can't wait" thing.
I love Elzy

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #1456 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 22:11:20 »

u'll have to wait a year for the gb to actually finish so I'd work on the whole "can't wait" thing.

What a hater! I hope our sushi meetup won't take 6 months to plan and meet LOL.

Offline havenlau

« Reply #1457 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 23:25:52 »
DONE! Man this took me forever to finish. I was doing everything in fine detail. I am having an issue with my print screen button going off hundreds of times in seconds any ideas?

The LED's were going to be temporary because I didn't have enough of cyan but I really love how the colors mix. Also the TA set looked ugly at first but now it is love at first sight on the orion

Show Image

where did u get your cyan from?

last time I got a bunch of 2x3x4 cyan from aliexpress they look more green than cyan :(
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-100pcs-2x3x4-Rectangular-square-type-Cyan-led-lighting-beads-brightness600-MCD-for-backlight/1342964772.html

Offline stillzman

« Reply #1458 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 00:14:03 »
will there be a new thread for the new GB?

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #1459 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 00:20:26 »
will there be a new thread for the new GB?

Definitely

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1460 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 02:39:59 »

may I ask for the schedule of Viper ... ?
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #1461 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 02:51:00 »

maybe 2017... duck project on 2016 is
octagon V2 > Lightsaver V3 > Orion V3

Offline ika

« Reply #1462 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 03:13:46 »
I'm having issues uploading a new keymap. I installed Atmel Flip and the Java runtime but whenever I try to access USB devices it gives me an error saying "atilibusbdfu.dll not found". I figure Windows doesn't have the proper drivers installed for the keyboard but I don't see any Atmel devices in the Device Manager like in his tutorial page, and I can't seem to be able to manually install the correct USB driver. Anyone have a how-to?

The keyboard seems to work just fine otherwise, but I don't have a way to access layers or functions and the LEDs are annoyingly bright. One quirk I've noticed is that RGui press activates both RGUI and Menu, not sure if this is a keymap issue or a soldering issue. I don't see any bridges, but since I can't change the keymap I can't confirm if it's a problem.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 03:16:07 by ika »

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1463 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 03:22:02 »

Glad to hear it is not 2018! :3
HHKB Type-s / 4x KMAC Happy / 3x Duck Viper v1 / 2x Duck Viper v2 / 4x Duck Viper Duck TCV3 / Red Scarf 77 / 2x Infinity 60 / 2x ALF HHKB / LZ-CE / FJELL / Canoe / Canoe PC / Canoe FE / ARES Prototype / 2x Ares / LC-CLSh / TX60 / YODA2 / E6-V2 / E6-V2 FE / CAMP LC60 / 2x EM 7 / 4x Leaf 60 / UHK / Project F / Polaris / 4x Duck Viper v3 / TX60 v2 / Thermal / Matrix Falcon / TX60 v3 / 2x TMO50 / 2x Dolice / Dolphin 65 / Dolphin 60 / Plenty of keycaps

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1464 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 03:41:13 »
I'm having issues uploading a new keymap. I installed Atmel Flip and the Java runtime but whenever I try to access USB devices it gives me an error saying "atilibusbdfu.dll not found". I figure Windows doesn't have the proper drivers installed for the keyboard but I don't see any Atmel devices in the Device Manager like in his tutorial page, and I can't seem to be able to manually install the correct USB driver. Anyone have a how-to?

The keyboard seems to work just fine otherwise, but I don't have a way to access layers or functions and the LEDs are annoyingly bright. One quirk I've noticed is that RGui press activates both RGUI and Menu, not sure if this is a keymap issue or a soldering issue. I don't see any bridges, but since I can't change the keymap I can't confirm if it's a problem.

This is the guide I posted some time ago...

I'm sure this has been answered or it's very obvious, but is there a guide on assembling this?

I don't believe so, it's just standard procedure for assembling every board. It's also a big help that the all the SMD parts come pre-soldered. If you're having trouble building I suggest you take look some member's build logs, that's how I learned to build my first board. :thumb:

Edit: Oops I think you may mean the case itself and not the board, if so there so there are no instructions listed for that.

lol yeah, I meant the case. I've done SMD soldering before and it's not that bad. I guess I'll look harder at it when I get my switches and stabs.

Instructions
Assembly
Except for the Switches and in Switch Leds/SIPs there is no soldering you have to do. The Assembly couldnt be more straight forwards:

1. Install stabs on pcb
2. Solder Switches and LEDs
3. Screw Plate PCB combo onto the top cover with 8 round head screws (put top cover upside down)
4. Put the two acrylic inserts into place (after removing the protective film)
5. Put Top cover into place on top of the bottom one with acrylic inserts inbetween
6. Flip upside down and screw together (4 small flat screws 4 very long cylindrical screws for the angled bottoms, 8 flat screws for the flat acrylic bottom)
7. Turn upside down and you are finished ;)

Firmware
For the firmware its a bit more work..
I got most of the information from this guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Q2mepcAlZnWmx5V1d2QmZqZGs/view

1. Download the follwing files
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfu-programmer/files/dfu-programmer/0.7.0/
    https://gallery.atmel.com/Products/Details/6272a8fd-68fe-43d8-a990-741878cfe7b6 (sadly you will have to register for it  >:D)
    http://duck0113.tistory.com/124

2. Install the amtel usb driver
3. put the o2d mapper into the folder of the dfu programmer
4. Start up the o2dmapper and map your stuff
5. save your hex and rename it (long names make it crash)
6. disconnect your Orion V2
7. hold backspace and reconnect your v2
8. in the firmware upload popup click connect and upload your firmware
9. you are good to go! have fun with this amazing keyboard

These are not proper official instructions, but rather a sum up of how I assembled my Orion and updated the firmware. Please be careful when handeling your device and don't make me responsible for any damage that occurs.
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline ika

« Reply #1465 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 03:45:49 »

This is the guide I posted some time ago...

I'm sure this has been answered or it's very obvious, but is there a guide on assembling this?

I don't believe so, it's just standard procedure for assembling every board. It's also a big help that the all the SMD parts come pre-soldered. If you're having trouble building I suggest you take look some member's build logs, that's how I learned to build my first board. :thumb:

Edit: Oops I think you may mean the case itself and not the board, if so there so there are no instructions listed for that.

lol yeah, I meant the case. I've done SMD soldering before and it's not that bad. I guess I'll look harder at it when I get my switches and stabs.

Instructions
Assembly
Except for the Switches and in Switch Leds/SIPs there is no soldering you have to do. The Assembly couldnt be more straight forwards:

1. Install stabs on pcb
2. Solder Switches and LEDs
3. Screw Plate PCB combo onto the top cover with 8 round head screws (put top cover upside down)
4. Put the two acrylic inserts into place (after removing the protective film)
5. Put Top cover into place on top of the bottom one with acrylic inserts inbetween
6. Flip upside down and screw together (4 small flat screws 4 very long cylindrical screws for the angled bottoms, 8 flat screws for the flat acrylic bottom)
7. Turn upside down and you are finished ;)

Firmware
For the firmware its a bit more work..
I got most of the information from this guide:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Q2mepcAlZnWmx5V1d2QmZqZGs/view

1. Download the follwing files
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/dfu-programmer/files/dfu-programmer/0.7.0/
    https://gallery.atmel.com/Products/Details/6272a8fd-68fe-43d8-a990-741878cfe7b6 (sadly you will have to register for it  >:D)
    http://duck0113.tistory.com/124

2. Install the amtel usb driver
3. put the o2d mapper into the folder of the dfu programmer
4. Start up the o2dmapper and map your stuff
5. save your hex and rename it (long names make it crash)
6. disconnect your Orion V2
7. hold backspace and reconnect your v2
8. in the firmware upload popup click connect and upload your firmware
9. you are good to go! have fun with this amazing keyboard

These are not proper official instructions, but rather a sum up of how I assembled my Orion and updated the firmware. Please be careful when handeling your device and don't make me responsible for any damage that occurs.

Thanks! Exactly what I needed. Didn't even realize my instructions were for duck/viper and not orion-specific. Got everything loaded up now, just need to put indicators, dress it with keycaps, and break out the glamour camera!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1466 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:57:00 »

It most likely will be 2019. Think of it this way, if each group buy lasts as long as the Orion v2(9 months) then that'll be 27 months or 2 years and 3 months away until the Orion v3 group buy will be complete. Then you'll most likely have to wait another 9 months for the Viper/Eagle group buy to finish, so that's overall 36 months or 3 years when you'll get one at your doorstep. Who knows Duck may be able to step it up by a couple months but it'll still be a long time.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1467 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 18:41:02 »
My bounce issue is spreading. Now it's not just space anymore, it's other (random) keys.
It doesn't happen VERY often, but it happens.

I'm guessing default debounce is extremely conservative, possibly to get the poll rate as high as possible.

Offline lanyusea

« Reply #1468 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 21:28:22 »

It most likely will be 2019. Think of it this way, if each group buy lasts as long as the Orion v2(9 months) then that'll be 27 months or 2 years and 3 months away until the Orion v3 group buy will be complete. Then you'll most likely have to wait another 9 months for the Viper/Eagle group buy to finish, so that's overall 36 months or 3 years when you'll get one at your doorstep. Who knows Duck may be able to step it up by a couple months but it'll still be a long time.

you must be a genius in mathematics  :thumb:

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1469 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:19:21 »
the first octagon took two and a half months between orders closing and buyers receiving their board, for ~35 units. this is with a 2 week delay due to the metal stickers iirc. so the best case scenario for a 60 unit buy would be to last <4 months between orders closing and shipments being made. obviously the orion2 buy had a number of setbacks that extended its duration, but there's no reason to assume that duck will run into anything of the sorts again

think positive guys :]

Offline E3E

« Reply #1470 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 05:31:58 »
the first octagon took two and a half months between orders closing and buyers receiving their board, for ~35 units. this is with a 2 week delay due to the metal stickers iirc. so the best case scenario for a 60 unit buy would be to last <4 months between orders closing and shipments being made. obviously the orion2 buy had a number of setbacks that extended its duration, but there's no reason to assume that duck will run into anything of the sorts again

think positive guys :]

I think it was around 38 orders, or rather 38 boards total. I could be wrong. In any case, I think the v1 is going to be a lot more scarce than the upcoming v2 that's in the GB phase. There's already 42 orders and the deadline isn't until February!

I'm definitely down to get the new Octagon for SNES GMK whenever it gets relaunched.

I do kind of dig that the first Octagon is going to be more rare. Not necessarily more desirable, but hey... How can you not find the charm in the little 'name plate' portion that makes the board an actual octagon... an irregular octagon at least, lol. :D

I don't think the wait will be long, but whatever the case may ultimately be, I don't mind either way.

Offline ika

« Reply #1471 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 18:41:44 »
My bounce issue is spreading. Now it's not just space anymore, it's other (random) keys.

I'm guessing default debounce is extremely conservative, possibly to get the poll rate as high as possible.

What switches are you using? Related, how did you fix the spacebar stickiness? I've got some friction with my spacebar stab and didn't notice until after I had already soldered on all my switches. Hoping it just goes away over time.

Offline seedvd

« Reply #1472 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 19:49:04 »
I am letting my order go, pm me if  you are interested.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1473 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:47:41 »
I am letting my order go, pm me if  you are interested.

Pm'd

Offline ika

« Reply #1474 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 00:06:49 »
Anyone know if other firmwares will work with the Orion v2? I'm trying to find LED brightness control and better single-color under-lighting control but I don't think the original 02D firmware supports these functions. As is, I can't use these in-switch LEDs - they're like miniature suns. I'm using 920ohm resistors in my B.87 with cyan LEDs and I still think the lowest brightness is a little too much.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #1475 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 06:11:31 »
Got my hands on an alps pcb/plate but I have no idea which diodes I need. I have some 1N4148 smd diodes leftover from my ergodox build, would those work?
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1476 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:36:05 »
This is such a n00b question n,  but: could someone tell me if the Winkeyless space bar is 7x or 6.25x? On my cherry board it is 7x, is that the same for these?

Thanks.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1477 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:38:06 »
This is such a n00b question n,  but: could someone tell me if the Winkeyless space bar is 7x or 6.25x? On my cherry board it is 7x, is that the same for these?

Thanks.

7x  :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1478 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:52:29 »

Thanks.

7x  :)

Much thanking :)

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1479 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 14:19:37 »
Still wanting to buy a flat acrylic bottom if anyone is willing to part with theirs.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1480 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:10:35 »
Does the Orion have RGB SMD's or are they just plain white?  The pics sow multiple color underlighting.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1481 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:11:05 »
Does the Orion have RGB SMD's or are they just plain white?  The pics sow multiple color underlighting.

They're RGB, programmed through the O2D keymapper. :thumb:

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1482 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:11:27 »
Rgb
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1483 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:13:26 »
Rgb

So you can switch colors?  Set a key to switch cars  :D

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1484 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 16:15:50 »
Rgb

So you can switch colors?  Set a key to switch cars  :D

You're not able to program a key to change colors iirc, however you can control the color of each SMD RGB LED in the keymapper and even have them rotate colors.

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1485 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:39:50 »

What switches are you using? Related, how did you fix the spacebar stickiness? I've got some friction with my spacebar stab and didn't notice until after I had already soldered on all my switches. Hoping it just goes away over time.

Cherry 62g clears, lubed, stickered.
I've fixed the spacebar stickyness by a combination of things, so it's hard to tell which one had the most effect...

The stabs are the main cause - the stab holes are spaced a tiny amount off, causing the stems of the stabs to chafe the edge of the stab casing. I've bent the stab wire ends a little inwards (like this /___\, but very very slightly), then mounted, removed, remounted, removed the wire a few times so the wire anchors loosen up a bit (careful not to break them). Finally, i lubed both, the inside wall of the casing of the stabs and the anchors.

I'll try to do some horrible ASCII "art", bear with me.
Let's say this is your setup:

Code: [Select]
stab   switch   stab
 v---stem       v---casing
[+]     [+]     [+]
---             ---
 ^---wire anchor

The bits you need to lube are the wire anchors and the RIGHT wall of the LEFT stab casing, and the LEFT wall of the LEFT stab casing (in other words - the "inside" walls). Hope that makes sense.

You can do all of these things without unsoldering or removing anything. You can wiggle the wire out by poking it out of the anchors through the holes, then use tweezers to get it out through the "front" from under the plate. Make sure to use plastic tools. Wrap the tweezers in plastic tape or something so you don't scratch your keyboard.

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1486 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:40:31 »
Got my hands on an alps pcb/plate but I have no idea which diodes I need. I have some 1N4148 smd diodes leftover from my ergodox build, would those work?

Diodes are pretty much interchangeable for this application, as long as they fit the footprint.
Just mind the polarity.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #1487 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:00:29 »

Diodes are pretty much interchangeable for this application, as long as they fit the footprint.
Just mind the polarity.

Thanks! That's great news one less part I have to order/find! Just gotta source some good alps switches now  :p
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1488 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:04:19 »
You're not able to program a key to change colors iirc, however you can control the color of each SMD RGB LED in the keymapper and even have them rotate colors.

Correct, but incomplete.
You can't program a key to change colors directly (in the sense of tweaking RGB values from the keyboard itself), but you can make the whole backlight a single color and then step through multiple colors (specified in 02D keymapper) back and forth using the RGB + and RGB - keys. Don't ask me how, i played with it and forgot the exact steps. You need to find the right mode first using RGB Mode key, then RGB +/- step through the colors. I *think* you have to hit Change Lock first, but i might've misremebered.

Interesting tidbit - it seems you can change the maximum USB current limit of the keyboard in the Control Mode (from default 500mA).

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1489 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 20:07:27 »

Correct, but incomplete.
You can't program a key to change colors directly (in the sense of tweaking RGB values from the keyboard itself), but you can make the whole backlight a single color and then step through multiple colors (specified in 02D keymapper) back and forth using the RGB + and RGB - keys. Don't ask me how, i played with it and forgot the exact steps. You need to find the right mode first using RGB Mode key, then RGB +/- step through the colors. I *think* you have to hit Change Lock first, but i might've misremebered.

Interesting tidbit - it seems you can change the maximum USB current limit of the keyboard in the Control Mode (from default 500mA).

Ah yeah I forgot about that, it's quite tricky to work. I have those keys programmed on my second layer but when I attempt to change the color(currently at solid red) all it does is flash the RGB LEDs but does nothing else(color stays the same).

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1490 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 21:00:09 »

Correct, but incomplete.

Ah yeah I forgot about that, it's quite tricky to work. I have those keys programmed on my second layer but when I attempt to change the color(currently at solid red) all it does is flash the RGB LEDs but does nothing else(color stays the same).

As a programmer,  this excites me,  once my board is assembled,  I will be tinkering until I get this working :)

If it works I'll put the steps up here...

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1491 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 21:20:44 »

Yeah, it did that for me too, then i got it to cycle to the next color by doing *something*, but promptly forgot what exactly the next day. I'm keeping it the same fixed pattern all the time anyways (amber on the sides, white everywhere else), so i'm not too motivated to go exploring again :D

Offline orcinus

« Reply #1492 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 13:05:37 »
This place sure went quiet all of a sudden ;D

Sorry for the (semi-)necro.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1493 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 13:12:17 »

I'm pretty sure the group buy is all finished up now. The only thing left is for people to leave posts asking for somebody to sell their board.

Offline E3E

« Reply #1494 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 13:13:16 »

It was due to the Octagon v2 GB coming into the fray.It siphoned most if no all the attention away from this thread. 91 orders. Insane!

Offline trevorlolo

« Reply #1495 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:08:38 »
Hello, I just saw this group buy and apparently I've missed it - is it true that the next GB for this keyboard is next year??

Offline E3E

« Reply #1496 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 21:27:44 »
Hello, I just saw this group buy and apparently I've missed it - is it true that the next GB for this keyboard is next year??

Yes, that is true, in a sense. The group buy next year will be for the Orion v3, so the next iteration.

So, it might be worth it to wait, but if not, I'm sure you could find someone who'd be willing to sell their board to you.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1497 on: Wed, 20 January 2016, 22:21:21 »
I'm sure you could find someone who'd be willing to sell their board to you.

I'm not so sure about that, the boards are rather hard to get.

Offline lawlz_xD

« Reply #1498 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 02:56:21 »
There was one that was recently posted on r/mechmarket and got snatched up within minutes. It sold for $600 USD...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/41xchf/aushclearance_orion_v2_bolt_modded_model_m/

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1499 on: Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:08:51 »
There was one that was recently posted on r/mechmarket and got snatched up within minutes. It sold for $600 USD...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/41xchf/aushclearance_orion_v2_bolt_modded_model_m/

Keep in mind that's an assembled board and is pretty much what the guy paid for if i can do math correctly.