Author Topic: Mionix Avior 7000  (Read 2922 times)

Offline gr3yh4m3

Mionix Avior 7000
« on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 08:30:07 »
Hey guys, I have had this mouse for just over a month now and thought I'd post a review for anyone whose interested in picking up one of these bad boys. Please bare with me, I've never done this before so I hope it's up to scratch, but keep in mind I'm no professional, just an enthusiast :)

Okay, so first of all the reason as to why I chose this model over the naos is simply because of my hand size. Tek syndicate has cited the naos (in a brief comparison between the two, seen here:
) as being the more comfortable for right handed users, but from my own personal experience, having owned a naos 3200, that mouse is simply too small for my hands, and I experienced both pinky and ring-finger drag.

At this stage I should tell you that I favour the fingertip grip.
Oh and that my hands are exactly 19cm from the tip of my rude finger to the bottom of my palm, and 9cm across (not counting my thumb, counting it would be closer to 11cm). I have long lankey fingers. Just thought it would be worth mentioning, as I have seen little in the way of accurate reviews for those with hands like mine.

Okay, so down to the good stuff :) When I first got this mouse my first impressions of it were that it was a solid, well built mouse. Doesn't feel cheap, and rightly so, as it isn't. Packaging was minimal, but nice. Set up was easy, pretty much plug and play although you could download the associated software if you wish for the nitty gritty tweaks for a proper set up.

The mouse fits quite well into my hand, with my fingers just reaching over the edge if I lay them flat. It's actually quite comfortable while palm gripping, but again I'd have no idea what to do with my pinky and ring finger. Claw gripping is a lot easier to do on this mouse, its back sits right in the middle of my hand and the rubberized finish added to comfort.
The buttons on the left could have been bigger, but having said that they are hard to miss and do the job. The click is relatively high pitched, which is disappointing as my naos 3200 had a very nice deep click which I enjoyed better, but that's probably up to personal taste. Scrollwheel feels great, although you have to press fairly hard when you want to press it down, but scrolling through web pages is seamless without feeling loose or clunky.
Honestly I feel like this mouse wants to be a claw gripper. It is nice on a high dpi to fingertip, but it's heavy and lacks an ability to adjust the weight. I find myself trying to avoid picking it up and just letting it glide across my mousepad simply because of the weight.

Bottom line though this is a comfortable mouse. It fills the hand nicely no matter waht grip style you use and it's high dpi will not let you down whether you're fpsing, editing video footage (which is what I do sometimes) or even just browsing. The only thing I would say holding it back is the lack of ability to adjust the weight, but other than that it is a pretty decent mouse.