Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2618596 times)

Offline Steven

• Formerly lowyatguy
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 18 October 2013, 20:07:49 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Gooding bro Gooding! I prefer the original all black look, that's very professional.
LF: Duck Mini V1 aka Duck Poker Case
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49840.0
-----------------------------------------------------
KMAC Happy | Hammer Poker Titanium & Silver | Leopold FC660M | FILCO TKL White | Ducky 9008S2 Pink | Ducky 9008G2 Pro Dye Sub | Ducky YOTD

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #651 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 01:37:51 »
My buddy, a writer strikes  for the day!      Not me!  for the record.

(Attachment Link)

Looks great, but ... no yellow? ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #652 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 01:47:18 »

(Attachment Link)

I don't know Sir, I couldn't dare to visit him since I borrowed his 101.      http://www1.kbdmania.net/xe/?_filter=search&act=&mid=photo&category=&search_target=nick_name&search_keyword=%ED%9D%B0%EB%91%A5%EC%9D%B4%EC%B9%9C%EA%B5%AC

« Last Edit: Sat, 19 October 2013, 02:02:21 by sprit »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #653 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 01:53:43 »

(Attachment Link)

I don't know Sir, I couldn't dare to visit him since I borrowed his 101.

I could well believe it! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline redskull

« Reply #654 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 07:48:57 »

(Attachment Link)

Good mother of god... My green eyes of envy glow to max power.

Show Image

This has always been one of my favorite color themes to do with a HHKB. Something about a black case with white/grey lettered caps and a red escape just looks so right. Dunno about that black WASD tho :P Honestly, no WASD would be preferrable, IMO, but if you must, get a lavender WASD ;)
yeah, exhausted my moolah getting this baby that no more was available for the WASD set. just putting the blacks there since i game with it and dont want it to shine the fastest. anyway, gonna put the white ones back since im gonna go back to my ducky for gaming.

Offline redskull

« Reply #655 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 07:49:48 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Gooding bro Gooding! I prefer the original all black look, that's very professional.
noob here bro, cant touch type so i need the fonts.  ;D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #656 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 07:56:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

^^ Your pics pushed me over the edge....I ordered some printed white keys for my black HHKB!!! :D

Offline redskull

« Reply #657 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 08:58:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

^^ Your pics pushed me over the edge....I ordered some printed white keys for my black HHKB!!! :D
just as i planned...   ;D

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #658 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 15:05:28 »

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #659 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 15:57:25 »
looking through this entire thread makes me want to venture into the world of Topre x)
cherry mx boards always seem to wallethack me LOL
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Sniping

« Reply #660 on: Mon, 21 October 2013, 19:57:05 »
Interesting lighting Pexon, it reminds me of the fern green keycaps, though I haven't seen a full board with fern green keycaps before.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #661 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:20:16 »
Interesting lighting Pexon, it reminds me of the fern green keycaps, though I haven't seen a full board with fern green keycaps before.

just me being a crap photographer/ photoshopper dude  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #662 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 04:43:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A set of green Topre keycaps that fits HHKB perfectly without needing windowed key (Caps Lock?) on right-Shift?

What is this magic??

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #663 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 05:38:20 »
looking through this entire thread makes me want to venture into the world of Topre x)

Oh Topre can hack too.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #664 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 05:40:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A set of green Topre keycaps that fits HHKB perfectly without needing windowed key (Caps Lock?) on right-Shift?

What is this magic??

right shift has wrong profile :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #665 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 06:07:58 »

Damn boy, if you think the Cherry world is a "wallethack" than the Topre world is a "bonfire of the wallet".  Be prepared for lots of ash and tears to come your way.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 11:58:20 »

Damn boy, if you think the Cherry world is a "wallethack" than the Topre world is a "bonfire of the wallet".  Be prepared for lots of ash and tears to come your way.

It's been covered so much on these boards that your overall spending would be higher on a Cherry board if modifications are involved, such as case, caps, etc.
I don't think you are covering this topic from a position of knowledge.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #667 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 11:59:12 »

right shift has wrong profile :)

I wish we could convince Topre corp to add an HHKB right shift to their sets. It would be nice.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #668 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 13:54:56 »

It's been covered so much on these boards that your overall spending would be higher on a Cherry board if modifications are involved, such as case, caps, etc.

I can confirm this as well. I've tried pretty much every Cherry switch and yet I've finally settled with the 55g Topre switch.

Cherry MX is by far more of a "wallet hack" than Topre. With Cherry MX, you end up with 5+ keyboards ranging in prices from the $55 QFR to the $500 Korean custom. Let's not even begin with the amount of aftermarket keysets you end up purchasing.

You can spend $250 on a new RealForce and be completely satisfied. You may end up purchasing another Topre board for work, but that's pretty much where it ends for MOST Topre users. As I have experience with many Cherry MX keyboards and now Topre, I can say with confidence that Topre boards are less of a "wallet hack" in the long run.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #669 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 15:04:29 »
Only because once you acquire all the colors you like nothing new will be coming out in the foreseeable future :(
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #670 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:38:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I love this Simplicity! !!  When All Colors settle in,  Again, Basic Keycaps In.   IMHO

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #671 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 18:11:10 »

those were my thoughts exactly... buying an RF with pbt caps is more than enough for anyone xD
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #672 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 18:13:33 »

those were my thoughts exactly... buying an RF with pbt caps is more than enough for anyone xD

Only because custom keycap sets for Topre boards are few and far between, and expensive to boot.

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #673 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 22:44:37 »

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #674 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 22:46:07 »
Show Image

Another glorious picture for the most glorious Reaforce :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #675 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 22:57:09 »
Keyboard... errrrr.....science!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #676 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:00:38 »
Show Image

Is that case gray or silver? It looked a lot more silver in the pic you posted in the "what did you get in the mail" thread.

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #677 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:01:47 »
Show Image

Is that case gray or silver? It looked a lot more silver in the pic you posted in the "what did you get in the mail" thread.

It's a graphite.  I had a lot of light reflection in the first pic since it was taken on my desk with a light directly over it.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #678 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:03:24 »

Oh man! It's finally going down! Excited to hear how things work out! A 55g HHKB... now that should be awesome.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #679 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:17:22 »
Show Image

It's a graphite.  I had a lot of light reflection in the first pic since it was taken on my desk with a light directly over it.

The Digilog one, right?

I really want one now, if only I had the funds   :))

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #680 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:33:15 »
Show Image

The Digilog one, right?

Yep! I am trying to get a non anodized raw aluminum one to anodize, if I can I'll sell you mine :)  Here's another shot with different lighting, I think color wise, it's the closest. Also, it's when I was removing the top case, so it's not flush.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #681 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:38:51 »
Show Image

The Digilog one, right?

Yep! I am trying to get a non anodized raw aluminum one to anodize, if I can I'll sell you mine :)  Here's another shot with different lighting, I think color wise, it's the closest. Also, it's when I was removing the top case, so it's not flush.

Show Image

Oh geez... so gut. How much are these again? I'm going to regret asking :)) but really... that is just so nice. I should stop now lolol.

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #682 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:43:57 »
Can someone tell me if the RF 10th anniversary edition exist in 55g? Wiki(s) seems to say no but I'm pretty sure I saw people using one. :x
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #683 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:45:13 »
Can someone tell me if the RF 10th anniversary edition exist in 55g? Wiki(s) seems to say no but I'm pretty sure I saw people using one. :x

Oh but they are, if anything, I've seen 55g AE more than any other version.

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #684 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:49:07 »

I was under the impression that they only came in 55g. I know mine is 55g, now I wonder if there are other weights.

Show Image

The Digilog one, right?

Show Image

Oh geez... so gut. How much are these again? I'm going to regret asking :)) but really... that is just so nice. I should stop now lolol.

They were originally $450 shipped from Korea.  But, I messed him about how KBDMania has them coming for $226 and I asked to see if he would price match.  He then lowered the price to $240 shipped. Pretty good deal imo :) The back actually has a USB hub built in and the spot for a removable cable.

Offline Cafeine

• GeekZone
« Reply #685 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 23:51:10 »
Wokay. **** money. I will get a type-S AND a 55g with THAT case. I NEED to find a way to get that though. ;) (feel free to PM me tips.  :x)
Own : HHKB Type-S | Leopold FC660C (x2 - 1st Gen & 2014 silenced) | RealForce 87U TKL (55g uniform) | RF 23U | Minila Air MX Blue
Sold : RealForce 88UB 45g | Leopold FC660M (MX Clear) | Filco MJ2 TKL (MX Brown) |  KeyCool 84 (MX Black) | CodeKeyboard TKL (MX Clear)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #686 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 00:07:39 »

They were originally $450 shipped from Korea.  But, I messed him about how KBDMania has them coming for $226 and I asked to see if he would price match.  He then lowered the price to $240 shipped. Pretty good deal imo :) The back actually has a USB hub built in and the spot for a removable cable.

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man... if I could get that price on that case, I would consider selling some things I don't use to fund that... A removable USB cable would be amazing, and I could use the extra USB ports too... must plan... must plan... *sigh* Thanks for info ~

Offline redskull

« Reply #687 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 10:39:10 »
Show Image

ok i want one. im willing to eat sand for a few months so i can fund this.  ;D

wow ray, i had this in mind a few times before but had not balls and cash to do so. 55G HHKB whould be awesome, not that the standard 45G is crap or anything.  :D and please update later on how those 55G feel on the HHKB.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 October 2013, 10:42:11 by redskull »

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #688 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 10:45:04 »
Show Image

I wish more keyboards had swappable Ctrl and Caps Lock. Ctrl belongs above the shift key! I love that keyboard.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #689 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 23:21:15 »
mistakemistake does that case come with the USB hub or is it something that the specific version of the topre board came with?
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #690 on: Sun, 27 October 2013, 23:34:49 »
mistakemistake does that case come with the USB hub or is it something that the specific version of the topre board came with?

The hub is part of the case, not the board. 
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline goobus

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #691 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 00:40:01 »
Show Image

What a beauty. Now if only I could get those keycaps for my upcoming 55g Silent TT

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #692 on: Mon, 28 October 2013, 00:41:50 »

The hub is part of the case, not the board.

^This, thanks akimbo :)

Show Image

What a beauty. Now if only I could get those keycaps for my upcoming 55g Silent TT

and thanks!

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #693 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 16:40:19 »
The 10th ae comes in variable silent, 45g and 55g I believe, the variable has purple sliders, but the 55g does not, I'm not sure about the 45 uniform.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Sniping

« Reply #694 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 21:13:15 »
The 10th ae comes in variable silent, 45g and 55g I believe, the variable has purple sliders, but the 55g does not, I'm not sure about the 45 uniform.

Doesn't 002 have a 30g silent 10AE?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #695 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 21:37:00 »
Need to decide if I want to keep this or the 660C... Sigh ~ This will be a hard one because I really can't afford to keep both... Spent the majority of my last paycheck from the part-time I just quit on this thing... Lol.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #696 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 21:44:30 »
Need to decide if I want to keep this or the 660C... Sigh ~ This will be a hard one because I really can't afford to keep both... Spent the majority of my last paycheck from the part-time I just quit on this thing... Lol.

Show Image

hhkb
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #697 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 21:49:12 »

Show Image

Amazing photo, dat texture
makes me hungry!

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #698 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 21:51:34 »
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #699 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 21:53:58 »
makes me hungry!
100% normal response

Rattles response amirite  :blank: :blank: :blank:

dat texture, seriously