Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2612240 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #750 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 01:54:56 »
Posted this in the what did you add to your keyboard thread but thought it should be shared here too :D

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

so beautiful!   :cool: :cool:  :thumb:

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #751 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 02:24:00 »
where do you get the black realforce tenkey pad? Elitekeyboards only has the white and it's out of stock.
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #752 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 02:27:43 »
where do you get the black realforce tenkey pad? Elitekeyboards only has the white and it's out of stock.

I'm actually surprised the white one is out stock because they've been in stock for months and months. I'm sure they'll be stocked again in the near future.

The black one (23UB), you won't find unless you find someone actually selling one because they're discontinued and rare. Maybe there are Japanese suppliers but I don't know of any.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #753 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 02:28:05 »

Im looking for one too! They are discontinued. :[ Also I cant compete w Brobot giving a clack for one.

Offline calavera

« Reply #754 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 16:52:51 »

The only topre board I own now.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #755 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 17:01:49 »
Show Image

Nice! Thats the Topre board im trying to get too!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #756 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 18:37:08 »
Show Image

If you're done with Topre, I'll do you a solid and take that pad off your hands :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #757 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 21:15:06 »
Show Image

Lookin' good :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #758 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 22:53:49 »
My HHKB with a Drunken Skull that came in yesterday

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #759 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 23:30:26 »
My HHKB with a Drunken Skull that came in yesterday

Show Image

Lookin' good  :thumb:

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #760 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:55:35 »
So I tried RIT dying some keycaps lastnight...

Here's what I had envisioned:

I used 2 packs of "purple" dye powder in 3L. Initially had only 1 pack in there, but wasn't seeing much colour change so added the 2nd pack later on.. sat it between 85-95c in a pasta pot (with strainer).

But here's what I actually got...
More

I don't know why, but these mods just didn't want to take the dye! I only have this colour saturation after about 45 minutes in the dye! :eek:

Funnily enough though, I actually quite like the results. It's got a nice uniform tint, with a bit more red on the corners where I the caps were touching metal. It's added something really different. But there's always that bittersweet-ness when something doesn't turn out as you'd expected ;)

More experimentation is needed!
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:58:16 by kelske »
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #761 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:56:49 »
What method did you use?
Considering buying a white HHKB cap set to experiment on
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #762 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 13:59:49 »
What method did you use?

Sorry realised I didn't provide much info on that.. ;P Added to previous post.

Basically followed o2dazone's instructions http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=27237.0
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:05:16 by kelske »

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:04:44 »
What method did you use?

Sorry realised I didn't provide much info on that.. ;P Added to previous post.

Basically followed o2dazone's instructions
Well I actually really like that look, very sleek yet colorful :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #764 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:17:38 »
So I tried RIT dying some keycaps lastnight...

Here's what I had envisioned:
Show Image

I used 2 packs of "purple" dye powder in 3L. Initially had only 1 pack in there, but wasn't seeing much colour change so added the 2nd pack later on.. sat it between 85-95c in a pasta pot (with strainer).

But here's what I actually got...
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I don't know why, but these mods just didn't want to take the dye! I only have this colour saturation after about 45 minutes in the dye! :eek:

Funnily enough though, I actually quite like the results. It's got a nice uniform tint, with a bit more red on the corners where I the caps were touching metal. It's added something really different. But there's always that bittersweet-ness when something doesn't turn out as you'd expected ;)

More experimentation is needed!
Reminds me of those pink erasers. Came out great imo
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #765 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 02:42:02 »
I have to crosspost my hhkb..  >:D

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #766 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 03:54:07 »

Thanks Bunny for the keys, Doogan for the hypno and Binge for the zombie and grizzle

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #767 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 04:09:53 »
Show Image

Thanks Bunny for the keys, Doogan for the hypno and Binge for the zombie and grizzle

I glanced across the keyboard, and my eyes were drawn to the Esc.

I was lost for a good 30 seconds there ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #768 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:22:56 »

Realforce 87UW45. Thinking of doing the silencing mod with dental bands if people think it is worth it. Can't wait for my aluminum case to arrive.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #769 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:30:08 »
Honestly the sound of a 45g Realforce is so good, I don't think I would change it.  Also the reduced travel worries me.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #770 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:34:16 »
Honestly the sound of a 45g Realforce is so good, I don't think I would change it.  Also the reduced travel worries me.

I don't really have any issues with it. Maybe my desire to fidget with it stems from all my tweaks on MX switches which improves the feeling. I don't know enough about Topre to know if any tweaks could make it better. I'll keep reading as much as I can.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #771 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 03:10:29 »
I will need to take some photos of my Type-S later, but i'll just throw these here for now....

Show Image

Show Image

Perfection! Ive looked through so many different boards and options and Ive ruled it down to the Realforce 87u for my next board.
Ive got a few questions. so i notice they have variable different weights on different keys, people prefer all 45 or all 55 correct?
Im used to browns with red orings. i notice they have a silenced option, is that the same as dental bands or something else?
I need it to be the same loudness or quieter, thank you. :)

Offline tbc

« Reply #772 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 03:17:07 »
you actually might have a hard time getting something as quiet as a Logitech g710+.   I'm not sure how red orings compare to the that
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #773 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 03:20:29 »
you actually might have a hard time getting something as quiet as a Logitech g710+.   I'm not sure how red orings compare to the that

havent tried that board before. I have a rosewill 9000 w browns and red orings its still kinda loud. would be nice to be even quieter.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #774 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 04:20:39 »
I will need to take some photos of my Type-S later, but i'll just throw these here for now....

Show Image

Show Image

Perfection! Ive looked through so many different boards and options and Ive ruled it down to the Realforce 87u for my next board.
Ive got a few questions. so i notice they have variable different weights on different keys, people prefer all 45 or all 55 correct?
Im used to browns with red orings. i notice they have a silenced option, is that the same as dental bands or something else?
I need it to be the same loudness or quieter, thank you. :)

Variable weights are better if you use the keyboard for mostly touch typing.

If your typing style is chaotic (like mine), or you use the board for gaming, uniform weight is much better.

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #775 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 05:31:29 »
Chaotic typing is da best!

Offline Phedran

• Phedran.com
« Reply #776 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:28:12 »

havent tried that board before. I have a rosewill 9000 w browns and red orings its still kinda loud. would be nice to be even quieter.

Have you seen/heard this Topre mod yet? Personally I'm a big fan of the Topre sound all around, but maybe with this mod and dental bands as well you'd have a super-silent Topre board.

Browns with red o-rings might be quieter than base Topre (if you're as heavy a typist as I am), but I found the actual pitch and sound of Browns to be grating.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #777 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 16:32:56 »

Have you seen/heard this Topre mod yet? Personally I'm a big fan of the Topre sound all around, but maybe with this mod and dental bands as well you'd have a super-silent Topre board.

Browns with red o-rings might be quieter than base Topre (if you're as heavy a typist as I am), but I found the actual pitch and sound of Browns to be grating.

Thanks! I have seen that and Realforce is what im aiming to get.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #778 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:06:25 »
So I just did some more... :rolleyes:

It turns out RIT Navy Blue actually turns out brown...

chocolate anyone??

Another failed experiment which actually turned out kinda freaking awesome!

This is fun ^.^

Extra process notes:
More
So I actually added the salt this time... goddamn this took quick! Also reduced the water to 1.5L for a whole pack of navy blue. Was about 1m for the mods, probably less than a minute for the arrow cluster. Next time, less salt, a bit more water... hopefully strike it somewhere in the middle; with more control but only a matter of minutes rather than 45!
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:09:08 by kelske »

Offline tbc

« Reply #779 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:16:03 »
i saw those caps and thought hershey chocolate bar broken into its squares.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #780 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:17:41 »

chocolate anyone??

HAHAHAHAAHA!!! This is so freaking awesome, dood. I love it. I saw the picture before I saw your caption and I really thought it was chocolate at first. Beautiful stuff. Also, you may want to consider the already dyed grey caps when mixing colors.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #781 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:30:34 »

chocolate anyone??
Show Image

This is fun ^.^

Extra process notes:
More
So I actually added the salt this time... goddamn this took quick! Also reduced the water to 1.5L for a whole pack of navy blue. Was about 1m for the mods, probably less than a minute for the arrow cluster. Next time, less salt, a bit more water... hopefully strike it somewhere in the middle; with more control but only a matter of minutes rather than 45!

Looks kinda cool. I wonder how they would turn out if you used a muslin bag for the caps so they can stay suspended in the dye without touching metal.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #782 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:37:33 »

chocolate anyone??
Show Image

This is fun ^.^

Extra process notes:
More

Looks kinda cool. I wonder how they would turn out if you used a muslin bag for the caps so they can stay suspended in the dye without touching metal.

Mmm fair point, I've got them in a strainer, so they're at least not touching the bottom of the saucepan :)

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #783 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:38:14 »
Mint choc HHKB!!

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 01:16:40 »
Mint choc HHKB!!

Show Image

That looks reeallllyyy interesting. Good job :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #785 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 03:13:31 »

chocolate anyone??
Show Image

This is fun ^.^

Extra process notes:
More

A good gift idea for the keyboard enthusiast - keycap-shaped chocolates.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #786 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 03:18:22 »
So after all that.. here's where I ended up - rocking the neapolitan :p

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #787 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 09:30:55 »
My baby is already in this topic, but I just flipped the spacebar and was feeling like she deserved some Topreciation:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I've noticed the small circles in the center of your keycaps in several pictures of HHKBS. I'm assuming it is the stem of the cap. Are these actually noticeable, or is it a trick of the camera?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #788 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 16:12:25 »
My baby is already in this topic, but I just flipped the spacebar and was feeling like she deserved some Topreciation:

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

I've noticed the small circles in the center of your keycaps in several pictures of HHKBS. I'm assuming it is the stem of the cap. Are these actually noticeable, or is it a trick of the camera?

Could be just the lighting at that exact angle to show them.

It I have them on my HHKB, I've never noticed them.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #789 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 17:04:43 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

At the right angle I can see them on mine.

Offline unicomp_uc

• Interboardal Love
« Reply #790 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 17:58:43 »

Show Image

I love it and I'm glad you do to. But, it is kind of concerning and odd that your results are so far off from your original goal. I wonder why it's working so well for others, and not for others...

Do you have any ideas as to why, after comparing what you did against the 'how-to' post on using the dye?
Realforce 87U Silent (work) | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Minila browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #791 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 18:56:46 »

Show Image

I love it and I'm glad you do to. But, it is kind of concerning and odd that your results are so far off from your original goal. I wonder why it's working so well for others, and not for others...

Do you have any ideas as to why, after comparing what you did against the 'how-to' post on using the dye?

Mmmm,

Well I haven't been perfectly diligent :S

I think Navy Blue is just too dark of a dye to be used at the concentration that I did. If it was diluted by 2 it'd prolly be much closer to the intended colour.

With the purple ones, I somewhat shortchanged the cleaning procedure and threw them in wet - rather than cleaning appropriately and allowing to dry. That might explain the lack of saturation on those.

All a bit of fun - the next time I try it out i think I'll run a few different tests with the same dye base - see if I can pin these issues to other parts of the process.

K

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #792 on: Fri, 15 November 2013, 00:47:30 »
Like your style kelske, mint gum clack on a white HHKB is what I am after as well. Looks great!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #793 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 16:48:35 »

one of us one of us!

id like to thank moose and all the people that chipped in. this is just beyond awesome. i have to get used to the layout again >.<

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #794 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 16:54:07 »
Show Image

one of us one of us!

id like to thank moose and all the people that chipped in. this is just beyond awesome. i have to get used to the layout again >.<

Beautiful :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #795 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 16:57:11 »

one of us one of us!

Did you want blanks??

Otherwise it looks awesome!! Now for that comparison :p

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #796 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 16:58:34 »
of course. blanks is the only way to go with hhkb.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #797 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:01:50 »
of course. blanks is the only way to go with hhkb.

I dunno I like looking at the letters especially the side printed ones

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #798 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:03:38 »
i hardly, if ever, look down at my keyboard so it doesn't really matter. it does confuse the hell out of people that try to use it tho... and thus they don't get near my computer :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #799 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 17:04:23 »
i hardly, if ever, look down at my keyboard so it doesn't really matter. it does confuse the hell out of people that try to use it tho... and thus they don't get near my computer :D

That would be a plus!