Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2612995 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #901 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 21:29:14 »
You can tell who doesn't know how to type properly by their spacebar

:D

Offline Dude

• Thwock!
« Reply #902 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 21:34:28 »
Show Image

omg those are beautiful... i wish i had.

Tuesday!

Are they going on sale Tuesday?

Yep! Topre only.

Who's selling these on Tuesday?!  I want.

edit:  Just realized who posted the original image.  Looking forward to Tuesday :)

Realforce 87U Tenkeyless

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:14:51 »

thanks to dustinhxc i finally have white and grey blanks :)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #905 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:22:03 »
Show Image

**** DUDE! That looks so clean and with the 3 blanks and custom cable... Bravo!  :thumb:

Glad you're enjoying them! I was actually just thinking about them and I miss them haha :)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #906 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:25:51 »
Show Image

**** DUDE! That looks so clean and with the 3 blanks and custom cable... Bravo!  :thumb:

Glad you're enjoying them! I was actually just thinking about them and I miss them haha :)

i have those keys mapped to my window control buttons in openbox (yellow=minimize, blue=maximize, purple=close) but i am looking for green and red to replace the blue and purple, so it will match OS X window control colors ;)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #907 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:32:12 »
Show Image

i have those keys mapped to my window control buttons in openbox (yellow=minimize, blue=maximize, purple=close) but i am looking for green and red to replace the blue and purple, so it will match OS X window control colors ;)

That sounds awesome man!  ;)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #908 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 03:28:40 »
Show Image

I find it interesting that the white HHKB mini usb port is near the right part of the screen (around the + | ) cluster but my black HHKB Pro 2, which I bought this year has the mini USB part at the middle, around the 8 9 keys area.

Is sth's HHKB version 1 or ..?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #909 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 03:49:15 »
Show Image

I find it interesting that the white HHKB mini usb port is near the right part of the screen (around the + | ) cluster but my black HHKB Pro 2, which I bought this year has the mini USB part at the middle, around the 8 9 keys area.

Mine (white, no idea about the age) has the mini USB port behind the 8, very slightly towards the 9, fwiw.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #910 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 03:57:44 »
Mine is at the edge of 8, almost touching 9. Strange!

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #911 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 03:59:09 »
Show Image

It is an HHKB Pro (1) the later version is marked HHKB Pro 2 the earlier version has no number designation or usb hub.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #912 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 04:14:04 »
Oh! That's a great catch!

Duh to me!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #913 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:04:37 »
Show Image

yeah took me a while to find the pro1. i dunno why i like it so much but i do :)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #914 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 14:42:08 »
Some red.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #915 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 14:55:26 »
Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

What is up with the spacebar on your RF?

Aside from it being flipped.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #916 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 14:58:56 »
Some red.

Show Image

Yuss!! I've been wondering lately how this would look.. Great to see a photo of it. Cheers!
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #917 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 14:59:30 »
Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

Lol! I was going to write it but totally forgot :))

It's because I have tape on it to prevent shining. I know it's hideous but it actually feels good and will prevent shining. It's worth it... if you can get over the hideousness of it :))

Some red.

Show Image

Yuss!! I've been wondering lately how this would look.. Great to see a photo of it. Cheers!

Yeah. Thought I might as well take one for the team, seeing that no one really has it or has posted pictures of it. I can try to get some accurate pictures of it later on.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #918 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 15:17:51 »

Yeah. Thought I might as well take one for the team, seeing that no one really has it or has posted pictures of it. I can try to get some accurate pictures of it later on.

That'd be rad :)

Also if you wouldn't mind.. Could you try adding a red key to ~ and also chuck on the red spacebar?

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #919 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 18:35:18 »
Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

It's because I have tape on it to prevent shining. I know it's hideous but it actually feels good and will prevent shining. It's worth it... if you can get over the hideousness of it :))

Some red.

Show Image

Remove the tape and let it Shine! EK has black Topre spacebars for $4.50 ea. I bought a few in case the rumors are true about no more replacement keysets from Topre.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #920 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 18:39:22 »
Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

Some red.

Show Image

Remove the tape and let it Shine! EK has black Topre spacebars for $4.50 ea. I bought a few in case the rumors are true about no more replacement keysets from Topre.

Yeah spacebars are cheap man, no need for tape! I also bought a couple!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #921 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 18:41:57 »
Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

Some red.

Show Image

If only they had white ones too.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #922 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 18:42:38 »
Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

Some red.

Show Image

Agreed, I would buy two and I don't even have my HHKB yet.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #923 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 18:43:49 »
Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

Some red.

Show Image

Dedication :)

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #924 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:43:35 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #925 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:44:27 »
o2, your pictures have always been the reason i've lusted over HHKBs.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #926 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:48:45 »

ditto

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #927 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:50:04 »
Agreed. o2 should be on the PFU/Fujitsu payroll.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #928 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:51:21 »

ditto

I know for a fact that my favorite HHKB picture is by him.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #929 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:55:06 »
My favorite

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #930 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:55:29 »
O2 and Bro have taken my favourite pictures of the HHKB. Vesper, your photos are up there too :thumb: especially with those smexy red blanks :-*
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #931 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:56:38 »
My favorite

Show Image

DOOOOOOOOOOOD. that's the exact picture i was talking about LOLOLOL.

That picture has made me want to rit dye but white blank keys are hard to come by, and cost a lot :(

O2 and Bro have taken my favourite pictures of the HHKB. Vesper, your photos are up there too :thumb: especially with those smexy red blanks :-*

Thank you, my love! I know it's not up at their level yet, but it's an honor to even be mentioned.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:58:15 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #932 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:58:31 »
My favorite

Show Image

That's the stuff. God damn, why do white blanks on a black HHKB look so good?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #933 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 23:08:22 »
That'd be rad :)

Also if you wouldn't mind.. Could you try adding a red key to ~ and also chuck on the red spacebar?

Will do the spacebar.

You want red blanks on the ~ and \ key on the 87UB?

Some red.

Show Image
Show Image

Some red.

Show Image

Dedication :)

hehehe. Yeah, doods. I considered the option but I TOTALLY forgot to add one or two to my order when I ordered these :( Now I have to have a larger order to justify the shipping on the spacebars. I guess I'll just use mine and let it shiiiiiiiiiiiine... watch them go out of stock the moment I want a new one :))

I know for sure, if white ones come in stock too, I'll be sure to put in an order for 2 of each instantly.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #934 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 23:21:38 »
Damn dude making me wish I didn't sell my white blanks ha

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #935 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 00:10:23 »

Will do the spacebar.

Nah I meant the top right key on the HHKB, "`" and "~", so that it's symmetrical with the red ESC ;D Cheers!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #936 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 00:12:35 »

Will do the spacebar.

Nah I meant the top right key on the HHKB, "`" and "~", so that it's symmetrical with the red ESC ;D Cheers!

oo on the HHKB :) Gotcha. Will do tomorrow or so when the sun is up :) The light given off bulb is too yellow :P

Offline mljs54

• Team Topre
« Reply #937 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 01:56:42 »

Threw on my yellow/black hypnocap and yellow WASD onto the 87UB -- goes pretty well with the yellow of the Zowie FK and the Zowie mouse bungee thingy.

Dat iPhone low light quality though...  Good thing I have already requested a real digi camera as my holiday present.
ReΛlforce 87UB EK

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #938 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 03:42:00 »
Show Image

Threw on my yellow/black hypnocap and yellow WASD onto the 87UB -- goes pretty well with the yellow of the Zowie FK and the Zowie mouse bungee thingy.

Dat iPhone low light quality though...  Good thing I have already requested a real digi camera as my holiday present.

Excellent colour choice :D

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #939 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 11:07:01 »
thanks for all the compliments, folks! EK, where's my check?

Vesper the red keycaps are wicked, wow

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #940 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 20:55:19 »
thanks for all the compliments, folks! EK, where's my check?

Vesper the red keycaps are wicked, wow

Thank you!!! To be complimented by you is an honor :D

Some more keyboard porn at this link in celebration!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52149.msg1164319#msg1164319

A preview:

« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2013, 22:19:43 by VesperSAINT »

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #941 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 23:41:02 »
Those red blanks are absolutely perfect on the black KB, looks incredible.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #942 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 23:52:07 »

+1

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #943 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 00:01:17 »

A little bit of Purple.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #944 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 00:04:32 »

+1

Thanks guys :D I'm glad you guys like the pictures. The red blanks don't seem to be too popular, so I thought I might as well show.

Show Image

A little bit of Purple.

DAYUM! I love it. It's majestic and smooth, in a way.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #945 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 00:07:06 »

+1

Thanks guys :D I'm glad you guys like the pictures. The red blanks don't seem to be too popular, so I thought I might as well show.

Show Image

A little bit of Purple.

DAYUM! I love it. It's majestic and smooth, in a way.

Yeah if only I had a purple FN for the function! Oh ****.. I totally forgot I have a P1 Purple Blank CC coming lol maybe ill put that there..

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #946 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 00:07:28 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #947 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 00:08:18 »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #948 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 00:45:17 »
So if CM doesn't sell regular topre switches with Mx stems will you guys buy a cm topre board and switch out the switches to your HHKB if you guys can? Or your topre realforce?

If we can get some in a HHKB/Realforce we are going to see some sexy boards in the coming months.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #949 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 00:46:53 »
So if CM doesn't sell regular topre switches with Mx stems will you guys buy a cm topre board and switch out the switches to your HHKB if you guys can? Or your topre realforce?

If we can get some in a HHKB/Realforce we are going to see some sexy boards in the coming months.

I'd love to use some cherry low profile pbt purple caps.