Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2616473 times)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #1000 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 22:32:26 »
I love HHKB, but I married FC660C >"<
Show Image

Love the yellow!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #1001 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 23:35:48 »
Show Image

Very nice! Love my FC660C as well. If only it were as pretty as yours
*Edit: I had the money to make it as pretty as yours :P -- and mod it to 55g, and...
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1002 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 23:51:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Simple is best (b^_^)b great photos

Show Image

This man knows dem feels of the 660c. Love the caps too. I would personally do something about that \| key tho :P

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 28 December 2013, 23:55:07 »
Show Image

too bad you moved so we can't try each-other's keyboard any more   :p

49348-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 December 2013, 00:06:18 by bazh »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1004 on: Sun, 29 December 2013, 07:11:38 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Simple is best (b^_^)b great photos

Show Image

This man knows dem feels of the 660c. Love the caps too. I would personally do something about that \| key tho :P

Thanks Vesper!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1005 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 13:29:16 »
Show Image

Good looking board! I have myself the same yellow keycaps and I am surprised at how good they look compared to other yellow keycaps.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #1006 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 14:46:58 »
Show Image

Good looking board! I have myself the same yellow keycaps and I am surprised at how good they look compared to other yellow keycaps.

wut?  Those look better, because they're not yellow, they're orange keycaps. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Sai

« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 10:48:03 »
my type-s  :)

thanks jwaz about the xmas sale a while back on amazon.co.jp .

- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1008 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 10:53:04 »
^^

So sick! How much to your door for the complete package deal?

Offline Sai

« Reply #1009 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 11:00:12 »
converted from my currency, its about 315 usd. definitely worth the buy, i must say.  ;D

^^

So sick! How much to your door for the complete package deal?

- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Sniping

« Reply #1010 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 11:23:46 »
That's cheap, I paid around $340 USD for mine, but I got great service from a GH member.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #1011 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 11:37:29 »
For just over 3 bills that's quite the deal, 'grats on the legit setup Sai! I'm stoked someone took advantage of the sale.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1012 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 17:10:49 »

First clack thanks to dustinhxc, thanks dude!
sell out and eat ass

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1013 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 17:16:42 »

Show Image

Whoa crap man! I didn't know you had a black (dark gray) case. Those white (light gray) blanks look awesome and the red blanks next to the 3d's red eye. Very cool style man. :)

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #1014 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 17:21:54 »

Oh god yes. I've reached a new satisfaction level...

The only thing.. that pesky 7 key :)) Broke the 7 key with legends, my OCD will keep nagging me until I get a new set of printed caps to replace that 1 key.
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 17:22:40 »

Show Image

Whoa crap man! I didn't know you had a black (dark gray) case. Those white (light gray) blanks look awesome and the red blanks next to the 3d's red eye. Very cool style man. :)

Thanks dude I appreciate the kind comments, haha I have no idea what I'm doing with a theme yet. Looking for blues but I might be SOL on blank blue topre blanks  :thumb:
sell out and eat ass

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1016 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 17:23:30 »

Show Image

I agree. Black case with light caps and a touch of color is one of my favorite looks :). Simple but interesting.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1017 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 17:43:26 »
Show Image

The only thing.. that pesky 7 key :)) Broke the 7 key with legends, my OCD will keep nagging me until I get a new set of printed caps to replace that 1 key.

Your key broke :0 uh oh!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1018 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 17:57:04 »

Show Image

Lookin' good :D I wish I had a black case. My original favorite for HHKB was black case and lettered white/grey caps with a lettered red esc. Your's is a nice hybrid :D

Show Image

hhhhnnnggg dat Topre OG Tri.

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #1019 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 18:44:02 »

Your key broke :0 uh oh!

Lol yeaaaa.. my own fault and extremely amateur. You don't need the details...  :))

hhhhnnnggg dat Topre OG Tri.

I know right!? I can't stop looking at it.
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1020 on: Thu, 02 January 2014, 18:45:40 »
Show Image

you dont have OCD, cmon now.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1021 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 03:15:28 »
Show Image

you dont have OCD, cmon now.

Exactly.

Some who really had OCD would be unlikely to be able to use a keyboard like that.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tbc

« Reply #1022 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 03:36:28 »
^

explains tp4tissue
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1023 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 09:12:40 »
Okay so I did what a friend, vespersaint, did on here. He gave me the idea so the credit goes to him in this instance. This is the Leopoldfc660c with Realforce keycaps(red, blank)
49813-0
In comparison with the size of a more standard tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
49815-1
49817-2

Okay so I am not use to posting pictures through here, and I tried to insert photo in the spoilers as to make it look more neat. It was a bit different from other sites and I was doing something wrong, and I apologize if it pisses anyone off but I did try to fix, and now I gotta go shovel a foot of snow.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 January 2014, 09:19:20 by Travellerr »
Leopold FC660C- Realforce 87u 55g- QFR mx Blues

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1024 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 14:50:14 »
Okay so I did what a friend, vespersaint, did on here. He gave me the idea so the credit goes to him in this instance. This is the Leopoldfc660c with Realforce keycaps(red, blank)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Okay so I am not use to posting pictures through here, and I tried to insert photo in the spoilers as to make it look more neat. It was a bit different from other sites and I was doing something wrong, and I apologize if it pisses anyone off but I did try to fix, and now I gotta go shovel a foot of snow.

Dood! That looks great! Glad to see you were finally able to get the red caps, and I like how you added the printed WASD cluster :thumb: That thing will start to feel even better after the domes start breaking in/softening up, or at least that's how I felt.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1025 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 14:58:21 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Dood! That looks great! Glad to see you were finally able to get the red caps, and I like how you added the printed WASD cluster :thumb: That thing will start to feel even better after the domes start breaking in/softening up, or at least that's how I felt.

I am glad you like it man, I wasn't sure how I would like the red on red when I initially put the keycaps on, hence the reason I was looking to buy and or trade for some green wasd keycaps and maybe an escape key. I think it looks a lot better than the stock keys and they have a nice feel for pbt keycaps, and were a tad cheaper then the yellow and orange keycap sets. So, I am pretty happy with it. I absolutely still love this keyboard though and now that I have a bit of customization to it...I love it even more because now it is my keyboard. I really do appreciate you talking me in the right direction because other than clear switches and blacks, I do not see myself getting cherry keyboards anytime soon. Granted I like cherry mechanical keyboards and I love the customization they can have, but I feel as though topre switches are what I have been looking for in the game and outside. I am very happy with Leopold for making this keyboard with the topre option. Hope you had a happy new year man and thanks for the compliment  :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1026 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 19:40:55 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

flip that space bar to it's correct position!

looks great btw, i <3 red

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1027 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 20:00:52 »
lol I prefer it when gaming actually, a friend said he found it more comfortable, and I have to say at least for me it definitely is. though it does not look as nice with the keyboard it is a preference, and thanks a lot. I was a little apprehensive about being all red this sharp, but I think it looks really good with the charcoal grey chassis of the keyboard. I was very satisfied with the expensive endeavor, now I am looking for a new mouse pad for gaming with, I use optical mice so I am looking for one that is better than the QcK. 

Also I have a sleeved cable coming in from Mimic cables and I cannot wait when it is equipped with this keyboard, and I would of learned to sleeve myself but I do not have the time at present, hell I am still trying to do a hard drive transfer of all the date from my girls old hard drive to another so I can put it in my moms pc build I am doing for her. It is almost complete just need a hard drive and a wireless adapter for her pc, and I still have to put in her dvd burner which is no problem. So much to do lately and so little time...I wish I was rich then I could pay for all the things I have been saving for, and then I could get stuff donneeeee

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #1028 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 23:37:35 »
Flipped spacebar for life!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1029 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 23:42:17 »

+1 - Is there a thread for this?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1031 on: Sat, 04 January 2014, 23:50:27 »

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #1032 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 00:02:59 »

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1033 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 00:24:18 »

+1 - Is there a thread for this?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39776.0

Wow is this from before tp4 went ergodox?  :eek:

Ask and ye shall receive! Usually things that feel so right are very, very wrong. Being wrong ain't so bad! :thumb:

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1034 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 10:59:30 »
Added some rubber feet to my HHKB today, they are very grippy.

Offline Travellerr

« Reply #1035 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 13:10:14 »

Show Image

How are the rubber feet you added to your hhkb pro2 working out anyways? it looks pretty good, like it was build with them from the start. I happen to like the about my Leopold fc660c, the fact that it has the rubber pads on four points of the keyboards backside, and that it also has the rubber grips on the legs of the keyboard. I tend to type with the legs down so it is at a bit on a incline, and the rubber feet to the legs helps a lot with stability of the keyboard. Sometimes it is the small things on keyboards that add to the quality of the keyboard making it a great keyboard or just a good one. I believe the fact that the realforce and the hhkb pro 2 have the dye-sub pbt caps help make it already nicer quality keyboard then it is from having the topre switches, and the Leopold with the rubber grips in the right places, the dedicated arrow keys, and the pbt key caps(though pad printed) help it keep up with the other two at a better price point.

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1036 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 16:04:42 »

Show Image

How are the rubber feet you added to your hhkb pro2 working out anyways? it looks pretty good, like it was build with them from the start. I happen to like the about my Leopold fc660c, the fact that it has the rubber pads on four points of the keyboards backside, and that it also has the rubber grips on the legs of the keyboard. I tend to type with the legs down so it is at a bit on a incline, and the rubber feet to the legs helps a lot with stability of the keyboard. Sometimes it is the small things on keyboards that add to the quality of the keyboard making it a great keyboard or just a good one. I believe the fact that the realforce and the hhkb pro 2 have the dye-sub pbt caps help make it already nicer quality keyboard then it is from having the topre switches, and the Leopold with the rubber grips in the right places, the dedicated arrow keys, and the pbt key caps(though pad printed) help it keep up with the other two at a better price point.

They work really well and make the keyboard basically stick to my desk. Since they're higher than the stock bumps, they raise the keyboard more than normal. I might move them to the back, on the sides of the legs, to reduce the height more.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1037 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 20:48:19 »

Show Image

Wow that totally beats my idea of spraying the bottom of my HHKB with a can of flex seal
sell out and eat ass

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1038 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 20:57:36 »

Show Image

Wow that totally beats my idea of spraying the bottom of my HHKB with a can of flex seal

I found a sheet of them in my garage, not sure where they came from. These look very similar though.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1039 on: Sun, 05 January 2014, 21:30:16 »

Show Image

Try Bluelounge rubber strips , i love mine!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1040 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 08:00:41 »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1041 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 08:03:16 »

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1042 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 08:23:47 »
Show Image

Awesome color schemes  :thumb:

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #1043 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 09:38:52 »
Show Image

What a beautiful pair you've got there!! 

Offline osi

« Reply #1044 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 11:05:53 »
49994-0

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1045 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 14:12:43 »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1046 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 14:17:17 »
Show Image

Is it just me or is the bottom row of that AE like A-profile Cherry?
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1047 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 14:30:15 »
Show Image

Is it just me or is the bottom row of that AE like A-profile Cherry?

its the angle the pic is at
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1048 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 14:32:39 »
its the angle the pic is at
Ah. I had my hopes up for a second.. :'(
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1049 on: Mon, 06 January 2014, 22:43:36 »
Show Image

What Clack is that on the AE?