Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 2616203 times)

Offline PadawanGeek

Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 21:23:37 »
My first and only Topre, 103UB-55G......the blue space bar from the 104 key set could not fit, so I had to retain the original black space bar.

Come mid August, when Ducky releases its YOTS, I'd be getting that, a HHKB2 PD-KB400B and a set of yellow Topre key caps, it's going to be an expensive month for me.... :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #301 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 21:31:09 »
Nice :)  Except your CC does not match either ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #302 on: Thu, 25 July 2013, 21:55:27 »
It's a temp thing, waiting on my yellow Topre key caps, and working on getting a red 'Esc' key cap......red goes with everything. :cool: Will be getting a HHKB2 next month, going to see if the mint green CC can play nice with yellow key caps......not an imaginative guy, I need to see if the colors work in person. :-[

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #303 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 16:30:52 »
I like those colors though, the mint green goes with that light blue nicely, and the black space bar isn't bad either.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #304 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 09:47:10 »
I like those colors though, the mint green goes with that light blue nicely, and the black space bar isn't bad either.
Really? Then I might just leave it alone..... :D Actually, though it's a temp thing, I don't find the colors jarring in any way.......

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 14:02:41 »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 14:04:04 »

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 14:10:13 »
Show Image

Damn bunbro! Why 3 HHKB's? There's only 2 switch variants unless one is modded. Snazzy collection though :)
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 14:17:14 »
Show Image

Damn bunbro! Why 3 HHKB's? There's only 2 switch variants unless one is modded. Snazzy collection though :)

gotta have 2 switches and color variant for flavor

doesnt everyone?
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 14:19:31 »
Show Image

doesnt everyone?

I have 3 boards as well, all different in every aspect :p I don't mind the black HHKB's but I'm not a fan of black RF's.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline kiyya

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 16:52:28 »
It is first contribution at geekhack.
Pleased to meet you.

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 17:03:12 »
Show Image

Your missing a Type S you really need to  have one those too!

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 17:51:01 »
Show Image

doesnt everyone?

lol.  Damn, so you got three HHKB Pro 2's?!  Type-S in white, the standard in white, and the standard in black!  Nice collection. 

I only got this one HHKB Pro 2 Type-S. 

And I got this lil' 'ol Leo FC660C:

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 21:18:45 »
It is first contribution at geekhack.
Pleased to meet you.

Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice case - did you paint it yourself?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 23:13:57 »
;o

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 23:25:06 »
Just sat down and went through this thread.  Really makes me want to try an HHKB.  Saving money on this site is too damn hard.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #316 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 18:28:38 »
Happy Friday!

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #317 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 18:30:00 »
Happy Friday!

;ljksdgfsdklf;gj;sldkfgj;lsdfg

why 7? HHKB2
and no realforce? :(

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #318 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 18:36:36 »
Happy Friday!

;ljksdgfsdklf;gj;sldkfgj;lsdfg

why 7? HHKB2
and no realforce? :(
HHKB best  topre board. That's why. I love mine.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #319 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 15:41:23 »
Sorry for bad quality taken in car, just got it today!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #320 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 15:50:38 »
Happy Friday!

Biggest HHKB collection I've seen so far... and so colorful :)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:17:37 »

Show Image

Nice! I'd wanted an 87U myself, but there's no stock of it.....didn't want to wait so I got a HHKB Pro2 instead. I will be getting a set of yellow Topre key caps for this badboy.

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #322 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:23:14 »
Here's another shot of it when I got home.

A quick few minutes in photoshop can go a far way!

« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:34:33 by tehsprayer »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:42:32 »

Show Image

Nice! I'd wanted an 87U myself, but there's no stock of it.....didn't want to wait so I got a HHKB Pro2 instead. I will be getting a set of yellow Topre key caps for this badboy.
Show Image

Yellow caps would look good on that :)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:48:17 »
Yep, that's why I'd arranged to get a set as soon as I'd gotten either the HHKB Pro2 or the 87U (was sitting on the fence on this for a while). I should be getting the key caps on Friday....can't wait! ;D

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 18:50:17 »
Yep, that's why I'd arranged to get a set as soon as I'd gotten either the HHKB Pro2 or the 87U (was sitting on the fence on this for a while). I should be getting the key caps on Friday....can't wait! ;D

How do you like your 103UB-55g compared to your new HHKB pro2?

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 19:14:48 »
I'm actually quite flexible when it comes to switch types I use. I have Cherry KB's in Red, Black, Brown, Blue and Green, like 'em all! The 55G on my RF feels a tad better to me when compared to the Pro 2 at 45G., I've always preferred heavier switch types, that's why among my Cherry KB's, I find Black and Green are so sweet to type on. Thus far, I'm enjoying the feel of the Pro 2 though, it somehow feels heavier than a Brown at 45G.....that's why I love Topre, it feels heavier than Cherry even though it's rated at 45g, I guess it's stiff initially  but collapses pretty quickly after the initial stiffness has been overcome.

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #327 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 19:17:52 »
I'm actually quite flexible when it comes to switch types I use. I have Cherry KB's in Red, Black, Brown, Blue and Green, like 'em all! The 55G on my RF feels a tad better to me when compared to the Pro 2 at 45G., I've always preferred heavier switch types, that's why among my Cherry KB's, I find Black and Green are so sweet to type on. Thus far, I'm enjoying the feel of the Pro 2 though, it somehow feels heavier than a Brown at 45G.....that's why I love Topre, it feels heavier than Cherry even though it's rated at 45g, I guess it's stiff initially  but collapses pretty quickly after the initial stiffness has been overcome.

Yeah, I'm really liking the 55g but I think it will take a little bit to get used to. Probably just needs a little breaking in!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #328 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:04:47 »
It's a temp thing, waiting on my yellow Topre key caps, and working on getting a red 'Esc' key cap......red goes with everything. :cool: Will be getting a HHKB2 next month, going to see if the mint green CC can play nice with yellow key caps......not an imaginative guy, I need to see if the colors work in person. :-[

eh... i had a red esc on my hhkb with yellows and it kinda just reminds me of bloody eggs
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:15:49 »

eh... i had a red esc on my hhkb with yellows and it kinda just reminds me of bloody eggs

Or Mcdonalds?

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 11:41:16 »

FINALLY found the blank lime green topre keycaps. i've been searching for these since basically twenty minutes after i bought my HHKB and found this forum.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
    • http://kiibohd.com
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 11:44:37 »
Latest acquisition from Japan :D

More pics once I finish moving.

Dammit Tapatalk, why won't you attach.... Grrr
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 August 2013, 11:46:35 by HaaTa »
Kiibohd

ALWAYS looking for cool and interesting switches
I take requests for making keyboard converters (i.e. *old keyboard* to USB).

Offline keyit

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 17:46:43 »
Show Image

FINALLY found the blank lime green topre keycaps. i've been searching for these since basically twenty minutes after i bought my HHKB and found this forum.

damnnn that looks really nice
boop

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 17:50:02 »
Show Image

did you pick them up used?  looks good  :thumb:
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline HaaTa

• Master Kiibohd Hunter
  • Kiibohds!
    • http://kiibohd.com
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 21:45:40 »
:D
Kiibohd

ALWAYS looking for cool and interesting switches
I take requests for making keyboard converters (i.e. *old keyboard* to USB).

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 22:08:17 »
 :p owner utron
I hope you make video typing with your utron here ;)
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 August 2013, 23:17:16 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 22:57:48 »

Offline orlando

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 23:07:46 »

;D

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 23:19:31 »
Nice Hi-Pro, Bro
apparently Hi-pro ^-^
I can't see the picture :-\  limitend connection :-X

Sorry HaaTa ;D
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline jameslr

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 15:10:08 »
My new Realforce 87U 55g uniform

CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 19:45:15 »
My new Realforce 87U 55g uniform

Show Image

Aww yuss...the best all around keyboard ever made.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline acantha

• Aure Entuluva
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 19:46:30 »
Show Image

did you pick them up used?  looks good  :thumb:

yeah, after much lurking of the classifieds and groveling.
All the Happy Hacking Things

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #342 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 05:52:26 »
Well, collected my yellow Topre key caps today, changed most of the keys caps on my Pro2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #343 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 06:22:27 »
Well, collected my yellow Topre key caps today, changed most of the keys caps on my Pro2
Show Image

I do like that!

Almost makes me wish I had a black HHKB instead of my white one.

Almost.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #344 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 10:07:01 »
Mucking around with the key caps, how does this look?

Offline tmk1207

• Yêu Màu Tím
    • Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club <3
« Reply #345 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 10:10:01 »
:D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #346 on: Sat, 10 August 2013, 22:34:32 »
Mucking around with the key caps, how does this look?
Show Image

Anything with that much yellow cannot help but look fantastic! ;) :))

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #347 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 01:00:48 »

Anything with that much yellow cannot help but look fantastic! ;) :))
LOL! ^-^ True, I'm leaving things as they are right now, swapped out the black space bar on my HHKB with a blue one and they do look good in 'person'. Trying to get some other WASD and Esc key caps in other colors as well. Not an easy thing in my neck of the woods.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #348 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 05:21:15 »
Didn't realize that my Roccat Kone XTD could do yellow, so I've changed the LED color to match the yellow key caps...

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #349 on: Sun, 11 August 2013, 05:23:24 »
Didn't realize that my Roccat Kone XTD could do yellow, so I've changed the LED color to match the yellow key caps...
Show Image

change the spacebar and everything become yellow  :p