geekhack Community > Input Devices

Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 vs XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro Pen Display monitor

<< < (2/4) > >>

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: switchnollie on Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:57:41 ---
Shouldn't different panels affect that though?

Like IPS vs TN.

--- End quote ---

IPS only Sometimes have better color-Gamut than TN..

as for Accuracy AFTER calibration, anything made in the last 5 years will be within 1-2 Delta E..

The difference at 1-2 Delta E is imperceptible.

Now, IPS vs TN has attributes OTHER than accuracy which affect the PERCEIVED image.

Because TN has smaller viewing angles, if you have a larger TN panel, 24+ inches, viewed from the center, there will be significant Contrast drift towards the side of the panels,   you wouldn't want to do photoshop on TN primarily for this reason.

For Content consumption, movies, games, Assuming SAME % sRGB coverage space and CALIBRATED,  TN and VA are almost always better than IPS..

IPS is not great for content, because of extremely high black-lvls.  It has more washed out mid and dark colors vs VA or TN.

switchnollie:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 11 September 2018, 11:30:51 ---
--- Quote from: switchnollie on Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:57:41 ---
Shouldn't different panels affect that though?

Like IPS vs TN.

--- End quote ---

IPS only Sometimes have better color-Gamut than TN..

as for Accuracy AFTER calibration, anything made in the last 5 years will be within 1-2 Delta E..

The difference at 1-2 Delta E is imperceptible.

Now, IPS vs TN has attributes OTHER than accuracy which affect the PERCEIVED image.

Because TN has smaller viewing angles, if you have a larger TN panel, 24+ inches, viewed from the center, there will be significant Contrast drift towards the side of the panels,   you wouldn't want to do photoshop on TN primarily for this reason.

For Content consumption, movies, games, Assuming SAME % sRGB coverage space and CALIBRATED,  TN and VA are almost always better than IPS..

IPS is not great for content, because of extremely high black-lvls.  It has more washed out mid and dark colors vs VA or TN.

--- End quote ---

Oh I see :cool:

Would it be possible to match colors if the panels were very different in quality though?

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: switchnollie on Tue, 11 September 2018, 14:38:34 ---

Would it be possible to match colors if the panels were very different in quality though?

--- End quote ---

What do you mean by match colors ? describe the situation or a use case.

switchnollie:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 11 September 2018, 17:55:23 ---
--- Quote from: switchnollie on Tue, 11 September 2018, 14:38:34 ---

--- End quote ---

What do you mean by match colors ? describe the situation or a use case.

--- End quote ---

Oh, like get the same color reproduction on 2 different monitors?
Not really sure what it's called.

Like you said you could calibrate the xpen to compete with the cintiq.

I bought a Dell ultrasharp for editing photos & say I want to calibrate my Asus gaming monitor to display the same colors when I move a photo onto that screen.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: switchnollie on Wed, 12 September 2018, 22:54:35 ---
Oh, like get the same color reproduction on 2 different monitors?
Not really sure what it's called.

Like you said you could calibrate the xpen to compete with the cintiq.

I bought a Dell ultrasharp for editing photos & say I want to calibrate my Asus gaming monitor to display the same colors when I move a photo onto that screen.

--- End quote ---

You can match 2 monitors but you will need a calibration probe. You can't do it by eye.

Nearly everything PC-side is sRGB, and most monitors have high enough sRGB gamut to match.

The only issue for matching may be backlit glow color, so neutral blacks/greys may look slightly different between monitors even though they're Technically matched.

This is because the Backlit LED or Backlit CCFL lamps being different, will have a slightly different hue.

My old dell 2410 has a blue glow,  whereas my viewsonic has a greenish glow.

For multi-monitor, depending on the application, it may or may not work well.

Photoshop will work well with multi-monitor, but some other app may not even be aware that the second monitor is running a different calibration, they may not have an internal color engine to work with calibrations..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version