Author Topic: Logitech G403  (Read 12552 times)

Offline ndakota79

Logitech G403
« on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 16:33:47 »
So, any thoughts?

I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far, coming from a good old G400.
Perfect shape, low weight, very accurate (more so than G400), good glide, good weight balance, nice clicks, low lift-off distance, better Mousewheel (silent, doesn't skip steps), flexible cable (despite clothed) and it looks business enough to keep it on the desk.

Feels just a new and refined G400, wich is exactly what I was looking for.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2016, 16:35:22 by ndakota79 »

Offline munch

• !
Re: Logitech G403
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 16:48:54 »
you pretty much nailed it. it's as good as it gets for people who like the shape, except cable could be non-braided and a little more flexible :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 09:58:35 »
Looks good..

I want to take it apart and stick it in my Nanokk shell... hahahahaha

Then, stick an 18650 in there, and it'll last for fking ever..

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 16:58:25 »
Feels like a deathadder clone to me. It honestly needs more buttons.
hi.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 10:25:52 »
Feels like a deathadder clone to me. It honestly needs more buttons.

Maybe one extra button. But for that honestly you can go with the G402 or the G502. The G403 is probably my favorite mouse since the IE3.0. Great ergonomics, a matte, shine-resistant finish, minimalistic styling, and pretty much a flawless sensor.

And the DeathAdder itself is a clone of the IE3.0 (it was the natural evolution of the Habu, which was another fantastic mouse).

Offline Cocopah

• Lurker Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 10:12:29 »
The G403 is a unique feeling mouse. It looks like it should have the same grip as the deathadder, but there is a noticeable hump in the palm section. For myself it's a wonderful feeling mouse. Some of my other friends do prefer the g303 or the G pro. All of which have the same sensor, which is what really makes this mouse great!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 20:10:35 »
I have the G Pro as well. It's a fantastic mouse, but the size makes my overly large hands cramp up :(

Offline Heist

• Warchief of the Horde
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 08:41:53 »
I have the G Pro as well. It's a fantastic mouse, but the size makes my overly large hands cramp up :(

Just switched to the Gpro from the ec2a and I love the mouse but it made even my small hands (17.5cm) cramp for the first few days.  Starting to get used to it now though.

Ordered a g403 wireless during black friday but still haven't received it yet :-X  I used deathadder for awhile before and the shape was decent for me but I didn't like how the top fans outward and the side grips
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2016, 08:45:22 by Heist »

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 December 2016, 15:07:01 »
The gpro is nice, but it makes your hands cramp like you said and it also fells a bit cheap in some areas
hi.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 08:54:51 »
yeah i have the same issue with the G102 (G Pro shape).
i'll probably get the G403 one day :-X
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 09:45:05 »
My Rival 700 gave up the ghost, but luckily I spent the $10 for Best Buy's 2 year replacement plan the last time I replaced my Rival 700. Two bricked mice in 1 year means SteelSeries is dead to me. Traded it in for the wireless G403

Couldn't be happier. Easily the best mouse shape I've tried in years. I think I like the shape more than the IE 3.0, and that's saying something.

Offline Entropia

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 14:38:49 »
I got mine today. The shape is not as good as the shape of my old G400 but it's quite confortable too. I feel that I can rest my hand better on my G400. It's more ergonomic. The G403 feels a bit taller and less curved (like more symetrical). I miss the curved surface that helps resting your thumb on the G400. The buttons feel great, although they are uncessesarily large compared to the G400. The thumb buttons are bigger and more confortable, although they should be placed more to the front. The wheel is much much better on the G403, very smooth and completelly silent, and with a much better shape and grip. However, the wheel click requires maybe a little too much force. The weight of the mouse is to low for me, because I feel like I'm moving it all the time when I rest my hand, but with the added weight, it feels right.

Edit: I've been using it for some hours now and I think I'm definitelly returning it. The shape of the back of the mouse hurts my hand. It's like the combination of it being too narrow and too tall makes it unconfortable for my palm grip.

Edit2: I've fixed the scroll wheel of my G400 using some spare parts I have and magically now it's much softer and smoother. It's not perfect, but it's much more usable. Now it feels like the wheel on my MX-518. Something must have been wrong with the installed spring. So, I'll be sticking with my old mouse until it breaks down or a model with the exact shape comes to the market.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 16:52:54 by Entropia »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 22:29:36 »
when i tried it, i just couldn't lift it reliably without feeling like i might hit the side buttons..

I'm sure it could be done with practice.  but I think they should've put an edge there.

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 00:00:39 »
I decided to pick one up yesterday and got around to using it today, I love it. I liked the deathadder I had for a brief time, but considering how I don't really like razer's software, I decided to return it. Now that Logitech has a clone essentially, I'm sold!  :))
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 18:52:14 »
I decided to pick one up yesterday and got around to using it today, I love it. I liked the deathadder I had for a brief time, but considering how I don't really like razer's software, I decided to return it. Now that Logitech has a clone essentially, I'm sold!  :))

The G403 is different to the standard shape of any DA.  It's (G403) hump fills the palm more fully plus the switches work perfectly.  The scroll wheel is huge but firm in my model which I personally love.

Overall the current Logitech G403 series is way above anything sold by Razer Corp., in function and comfort.  Would never again even contemplate wasting a cent on any Razer model mice compared to what has been released by Logitech.  This in fact is the DA killer in every respect.

Logitech has found their groove and I hope they don't ever stop making strides for future developments, of decent input devices  :thumb: .

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 25 December 2016, 20:37:52 »
So, any thoughts?

I have to say I'm pretty impressed so far, coming from a good old G400.
Perfect shape, low weight, very accurate (more so than G400), good glide, good weight balance, nice clicks, low lift-off distance, better Mousewheel (silent, doesn't skip steps), flexible cable (despite clothed) and it looks business enough to keep it on the desk.

Feels just a new and refined G400, wich is exactly what I was looking for.

Perfect shape? Nothing is perfect here! It depends on how you hold your mice, length of finger, etc...The shape of G400 may be perfect for you but not for someone else.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 16:10:27 »
Well, my wireless 403 had a loose scroll wheel. So I replaced that and picked up a G900 on sale for an extra $30. Great mouse. Not sure if it's better than my 403 (it's ambi, but at least it's big), but it's easily the best wireless mouse I've ever used. It even feels a bit more responsive than the 403 wireless.

Offline Heist

• Warchief of the Horde
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 15:41:03 »
Been switching back and forth between my g403 wireless and gpro.  Think I prefer the gpro a little more especially since I have fairly small hands.  At first the low profile cramped my hand but now it feels rely nice.  The g403 wireless does feel more premium than the gpro though, mouse would be perfect for someone with 18-19 cm hands.  Want to try g900 but I heard that's more suitable for even larger hands