Author Topic: I think the forum should add a newssection  (Read 2850 times)

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
I think the forum should add a newssection
« on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 12:51:36 »
Just thought of something, why doesnt GH have a news section like many other forums? It would be great.

I know many people would want to be a writer.

your thoughts?  :cool:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: I think the forum should add a newssection
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 15:29:58 »
Who would post to it?  Open it up to everyone and you would get all sorts of irrelevant stuff in there.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:54:36 »
The moderators / administrators? :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:57:45 »
I has the potential to be a good idea, but really what keyboard-related news stories are there?

New releases would go in the respective vendor area, or just under keyboards.

Sales would go in the vendor area, or under Great Finds.

What other sort of keyboard news were you anticipating?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 18:57:51 »
As per almost every other forum u would submit news articles that mods would sort thru and figure out what to add each day

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:01:08 »
Good idea, if the moderators have time.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:10:16 »
I mean there is alot to write about, for example:
Logitech release their first mechanical board!
OTD have done it again, info about their new custom board!
KBT Race now with MX white!
Round5 Group buy, info about the project.
techkeys featured on famous tv show!

like this, on the "first page" of GH. Would be so nice, the news would be interesting.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:13:59 »
I mean there is alot to write about, for example:
Logitech release their first mechanical board!
OTD have done it again, info about their new custom board!
KBT Race now with MX white!
Round5 Group buy, info about the project.
techkeys featured on famous tv show!

like this, on the "first page" of GH. Would be so nice, the news would be interesting.

Hate to say it but the mechanical keyboard sub-forum of reddit has all that stuff (for the most part)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 19:41:29 »
I know that, but reddit is trash.

This would make the forum look a bit more serious

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 21:31:07 »
i'm open to this, but it's really about finding the right combination of volunteers (all mods and admins already have their plate full moderating and adminning..) to curate it.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 19:18:12 »
You should make a thread asking for newswriters =)