geekhack Community > Input Devices

Do you value your health or productivity more? >Track ball's Vs. Mice!

<< < (3/16) > >>

typo:
I would like to see the poll results please if there any? I was not aware that it was going to be made private. As for myself, this was actually a pointless posting after all. The high end Thumb ball is in fact 'more' precise than the best gaming mice IMO. I simply had he registry settings way too aggressive on it. Now that I backed off. I can fly onto, and park on any single pixel of my choosing. With pinpoint accuracy  I overstepped myself by posting this. Not realizing that the issue was simply my own. Plus, I caused it for myself. I am absolutely, once again 100% satisfied with the high end Thumb ball! I will probably never use a mouse again. Many people that have switched make this comment. Most of them are, are  not using a Trackball/ Thumb ball/ half the quality of this one to begin with. So obviously I was simply mistaken here. Anyone that says they are not as accurate has either not mastered them or does not have them set right. Or it simply is just not the right type of pointing device for them to begin with. Either way, in and of themselves they are as accurate, if not more so than the current top gaming mice IMO. So that is the end of that story. Mod can close the poll if you wish. Thank you

suicidal_orange:
Private just means no-one knows who voted for what, to see the 'results' you need to vote (or they'll appear for everyone if I close it)  While you might not care any more I think it's interesting - I would never have guessed the current split even if the sample size is very small.  Will be even more surprising if you vote the way I think you will :))

Polymer:

--- Quote from: typo on Thu, 17 October 2019, 19:30:33 ---I would like to see the poll results please if there any? I was not aware that it was going to be made private. As for myself, this was actually a pointless posting after all. The high end Thumb ball is in fact 'more' precise than the best gaming mice IMO. I simply had he registry settings way too aggressive on it. Now that I backed off. I can fly onto, and park on any single pixel of my choosing. With pinpoint accuracy  I overstepped myself by posting this. Not realizing that the issue was simply my own. Plus, I caused it for myself. I am absolutely, once again 100% satisfied with the high end Thumb ball! I will probably never use a mouse again. Many people that have switched make this comment. Most of them are, are  not using a Trackball/ Thumb ball/ half the quality of this one to begin with. So obviously I was simply mistaken here. Anyone that says they are not as accurate has either not mastered them or does not have them set right. Or it simply is just not the right type of pointing device for them to begin with. Either way, in and of themselves they are as accurate, if not more so than the current top gaming mice IMO. So that is the end of that story. Mod can close the poll if you wish. Thank you

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you mean by accuracy..but for general quick movements with accuracy, a mouse is better..in practice, it is absolutely better....

You can use a trackball for gaming...which is probably the test for quick accurate movements..but it isn't common...and I can't think of any pros that use them..

But for regular computer use..sure, use whatever works best for you...

typo:
With the correct tool, I beg to differ. However now that tool is already on the "fritz". See my latest post if you wish.

Okay, cool Orange! Thank you!

Findecanor:
The timing of this thread is apt for me. I got sharp pain my right shoulder the other day, and couldn't use my right-handed semi-vertical mouse. I didn't have any good lefty or ambidextrous mouse, so I brought up an old ambidextrous Logitech Trackman from the mouse box and started using it with my left hand.
The precision is pretty bad, but I think maybe the bearings just need cleaning and lube or something.
Curious enough, I do think that I am more precise with the left-handed trackball than I would be with a left-handed mouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version