geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

Null

<< < (9/10) > >>

Gondolindrim:

--- Quote from: max_tz on Tue, 30 November 2021, 16:44:05 ---Hi

I'm here to make my own statement and will be direct through this. Regarding the images you have seen, yes those are real messages sent by me. My private conversation with Hali, who was my designer, included me showing that I'm unprepared for this project and showing my attitude of immatureness.  The screenshots of me showed a message of myself being racist and I completely will hold myself accountable for what I've done and said. I apologized before and yet I will apologize again as I don't have intentions of harming anyone. I should've been more careful when I said these images and what I type on a public platform. I will postpone Cactus first and I will take a break from the hobby at the moment until I reflect on my own. I will become prepared and make sure to put up a good image on myself and my business. I will also make sure to fix my mistakes and come back and show that I am a prepared and capable runner.
Again, I apologize deeply and hope to have the opportunity to earn your trust in the future.

-Max

--- End quote ---

I hope you have the guts and the opportunity to realize what you have done and how that impacts people like me, who have been victims of blatant racism and feel disturbed by what was shown there. Even I have not seen the worst of it due to my skin color -- my experiences relate to my nationality -- but it still boils my blood to read what I just did. I say I hope you have guts because it does take guts to realize you are not the nice person you thought you were, and let me tell you a little piece of something.

I'm sorry dude, I really am, but this is not it. You look like you have talent and resolve, but after this kind of thing you are not in a place to "come back and show you are prepared". The things that you have said concerning minorities are not only deeply disturbing, they will haunt you for the rest of your days in this hobby to the point designers will actively avoid you -- not simply because you treated your business partner in a poor way but you show patterns and thoughts I wouldn't imagine coming out of my worst enemy and we, in this community, we don't want them here. Stuff like this gets people in jail, stuff like this gets people killed.

As much as I understand you are new, and young, and naive, I also understand you are taking the right path in holding yourself accountable; but the real world has no take-backs. Not for this kind of thing. We could forgive naivité and inexperience like Hoffman did by taking time to explain things, and might I add the conversation shows you are clearly not experienced enough to run a keyboard GB. This is how the world works: it (paradoxically) responds unforgiveness and cruelty by being unforgiving and cruel.

Also another piece of advice: the internet is not a private place. Everything you say, or want to say, might as well be said in a crowded place full of people. What's worse, stuff you say in here will be recorded and you will not be able to take them back.

noorejji:
That a minor acts like a minor is fairly predictable. That their partners, which I assume are adults, didn't see the problem ahead of time is what astonishes me the most.

Come back in four years and maybe you'll have what it takes.

elongatedmusk:
Such a shame, this is actually looks nice and I would hop in.

Someone should (re)run this instead.

Zanhana:

--- Quote from: murpy on Tue, 30 November 2021, 17:57:02 ---the board looks solid

--- End quote ---

sure but that's just something OP commissioned, OP himself has worse than nothing to offer here

shima:
monkaW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version