Author Topic: An alternative to bridge keyboards  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Eclairz

An alternative to bridge keyboards
« on: Tue, 13 May 2008, 18:01:35 »
How about if a manufacturer made keyboard wrist wrest with a trackpad in the centre, I'm sure people like imav would love it. course with a logitech marble would be even better and the ability to improve the tilt/stability of the keyboard would be a good bonus too. Just thinking aloud anyway, I used to be good at track balls, but at the moment the mouse is my pointing device of choice and i am useless at ball pointers now though.

Another way of pointing i've imagined is, imagine a pointing device that would move based on tilting the keyboard when u pressed a button, this would not take the space of a trackball or trackpad but still require the usual right, click left click even a scroll and of course the move mouse button. But the drawbacks is the moveable keyboard that might need to be reset once you wanna type, might even be heavy and/or larger depending on tilt mechanism
Lenovo ThinkPad TrackPoint Keyboard
RealForce 45g UK 88UB
FILCO Majestouch TenKeyPad

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 May 2008, 18:06:23 »
Or how about the perfect, integrated solution that already exists??  THE TRACKPOINT!!!!!

;)

Offline ashort

• Hoosier Daddy
    • http://andrew.wingedwheel.net
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 May 2008, 22:12:19 »
the next generation pointing devices will have to be biometric to impress me.  a good wireless mouse and a trackpad for emergencies on laptop....and a trackman marble for home and I'm good till then.

The only stop gap I would ask for in the meantime is a BLUETOOTH trackman marble, but oh well.  as it is the trackman's receiver is plastered under the desk, out of sight.
Andrew
{ KBC Poker - brown | Filco Majestouch - brown | Dell AT101W | Cherry G84-4100 }