Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196611 times)

Offline iri

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #1050 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:55:57 »
ridiculous contemporary website designs. example: http://www.flysoft.ru/
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1051 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 18:20:03 »
ridiculous contemporary website designs. example: http://www.flysoft.ru/

boilerplate ftw.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1052 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 18:42:16 »
really sad and pessimistic
starting to believe everything bad i don't know or can't confirm on the spot has happened to me and im starting to hate myself for no reason

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1053 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 16:52:29 »
I suck at putting things together...:(

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1054 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 17:15:29 »
my leg just fell asleep so bad i couldnt move it
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1055 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 17:56:07 »
WHY IS NOONE POSTING
SNOOORE
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1056 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 18:04:15 »
theres this ****ing concert like a city away but i can still hear it clear as day
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1057 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 19:32:23 »
my leg just fell asleep so bad i couldnt move it

My left arm was like that when I woke up. Completely numb. Then it hurt when it came back.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1058 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 16:59:37 »
so since iphones are so ****ing stupid i need to import 4300 songs again
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1059 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 18:11:27 »
I ****ed up my Fantasy Football league and now we can't draft until we have one more person.

Someone else join :( Please :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #1060 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 18:25:56 »
Stuck in San Diego after a vacation because of a thunder storm in Dallas. American Airlines is being super less than helpful. Instead of getting back home tonight around midnight, I'll be lucky to get in tomorrow before a concert I had planned for the SO for her birthday.

I hate airlines.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1061 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 19:00:20 »
I still cannot find a month-to-month apartment that allows pets and is under $1000 a month. No one wants to sign a lease with someone who is looking for work.
No friends, no vehicle, no job, no money, and no food. Sometimes it feels like all I have going for me is a temporary roof over my head, and the love from my kitty Pixel.

It looks like I am actually going to be homeless on the 31st. I feel like this is almost the lowest point of my adult life, and what's worse is that so much of it is out of my control.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1062 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 19:04:59 »
I still cannot find a month-to-month apartment that allows pets and is under $1000 a month. No one wants to sign a lease with someone who is looking for work.
No friends, no vehicle, no job, no money, and no food. Sometimes it feels like all I have going for me is a temporary roof over my head, and the love from my kitty Pixel.

It looks like I am actually going to be homeless on the 31st. I feel like this is almost the lowest point of my adult life, and what's worse is that so much of it is out of my control.

Do you have parents you can stay with?  Would you consider moving somewhere cheaper?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1063 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 19:10:34 »

Do you have parents you can stay with?  Would you consider moving somewhere cheaper?

Both my parents are on the opposite side of the country, I've no family in WA. I mean, this is where the industry jobs are supposed to be. I am looking into moving to the CA Bay Area, but that's even pricier. I don't know what to do anymore, man. Everyone tells you, 'all you need to do is try, and do your best and good things will happen,' but that's a goddamn lie. You try and try and try and NOTHING happens, but you're just more tired and dishearted because of your mounting failures.

Offline osi

« Reply #1064 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 09:12:01 »
Had a pharmacy LOSE a prescription. What the ****.

Seriously?????

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1065 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 09:27:35 »
I don't know what to do anymore, man. Everyone tells you, 'all you need to do is try, and do your best and good things will happen,' but that's a goddamn lie. You try and try and try and NOTHING happens, but you're just more tired and dishearted because of your mounting failures.

#storyofmylife

So sorry about your situation though. Apartment hunting sucks to begin with, but apartment hunting for places w/pets is 100x worse. All you can do is keep looking...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline battletux

« Reply #1066 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:01:10 »
GH60.

Enough said.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1067 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 10:09:08 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #1068 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 15:59:05 »

****ing hell bro, I hope the universe shifts things in your favor sooner than later.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1069 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:03:04 »
This cereal...this cereal I just bought is pretty much eating wet cardboard.   :'(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1070 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:10:36 »
I always get my hopes up and things just never work out as planned.  :-X :-\

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1071 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:12:02 »

#storyofmylife
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #1072 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 09:12:17 »

I don't know what to say other than, I'm so sorry you're going through this, and to hang in there.  I've been through more than one truly nasty episode in my life, and eventually, things always got better. 

Have you tried to find a roommate situation?

Also, /HUG, cuz my gosh but you really need one.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1073 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:23:40 »
This cereal...this cereal I just bought is pretty much eating wet cardboard.   :'(

Are you sure you took it out of the box first?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1074 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 17:43:28 »

Are you sure you took it out of the box first?

I just checked...sure looks like it.  At least it's healthy.  >:D

Offline osi

« Reply #1075 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 07:03:07 »
Must have bruised some upper ribs or something.

Taking a deep breath - slightly uncomfortable
coughing - uncomfortable
sneezing - god help me

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1076 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 16:51:50 »

It took me over a year to find a job.  Sometimes it's worth moving back in with the parents and searching for work or sucking it up and taking a less than ideal job or one outside your area while you look for a better one.  Many places let you video interview now and moving back home helps you volunteer or get something to keep away the dreaded gap.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1077 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 16:57:23 »

It took me over a year to find a job.  Sometimes it's worth moving back in with the parents and searching for work or sucking it up and taking a less than ideal job or one outside your area while you look for a better one.  Many places let you video interview now and moving back home helps you volunteer or get something to keep away the dreaded gap.

??? I have a job  :))

Was speaking of some other, other things  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1078 on: Wed, 20 August 2014, 21:29:22 »

??? I have a job  :))

Was speaking of some other, other things  :thumb:

Quoted the wrong post.  Damn phone does not play nice when I'm posting.  I'm using a something like 5 year old Android phone still.  Time to upgrade the LG Optimus S to a real phone.

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1079 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 03:41:37 »

coughing - uncomfortable
sneezing - god help me

I broke 3 ribs on my right side once.

Taking a deep breath - severe pain
Coughing - crying
Sneezing - dying of agony

I got to make friends with a hospital bed and some lovely nurses for a few days, then take strong painkillers for a while after. About a week after it happened, I sneezed in history class, then proceeded to involuntarily scream and cry about it. I know of very few things that hurt worse than broken ribs.

Offline osi

« Reply #1080 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 07:56:41 »
Windows NLA (network location awareness)

**** that **** seriously...

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1081 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 09:31:07 »
Got pulled into a meeting last week saying the next day (Thursday) there would be another meeting and I might be "let go". It is now a week later and we still have not had the meeting. Sure is great being kept wondering if I'm going to have a job or not. I already started searching for something new so I can just quit and leave these *******s that run this company whether they decide to keep me or not.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1082 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 09:47:19 »
Got pulled into a meeting last week saying the next day (Thursday) there would be another meeting and I might be "let go". It is now a week later and we still have not had the meeting. Sure is great being kept wondering if I'm going to have a job or not. I already started searching for something new so I can just quit and leave these *******s that run this company whether they decide to keep me or not.

Yeah I went through that a while back and still wonder occasionally....our company has done quite a bit of restructuring and is growing so anything can happen, also too many secrets, that bugs me so bad...like I'll be given a project to work on with as little information as possible its very frustrating.

And my phone has decided to use over 50% of its battery in ~5hrs today and I haven't used it for anything :facepalm:

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1083 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 10:11:44 »

Yeah I went through that a while back and still wonder occasionally....our company has done quite a bit of restructuring and is growing so anything can happen, also too many secrets, that bugs me so bad...like I'll be given a project to work on with as little information as possible its very frustrating.

Project work with insufficient information drives me ****ing insane. Also, being kept in the dark about things that pertain to your job is extremely frustrating.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1084 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 10:17:26 »
vendors that do not speak enough english to type proper instuctions on how to administer there application. this lead to using an improper service startup order for 3 months.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1085 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 11:03:38 »
vendors that do not speak enough english to type proper instuctions on how to administer there application. this lead to using an improper service startup order for 3 months.

....sorry, I just appreciate irony.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1086 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 11:24:12 »

....sorry, I just appreciate irony.
qft
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1087 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:27:05 »
Grammar Police are bothering me lol.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1088 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:30:25 »
Grammar Police are bothering me lol.

your telling me :thumb:

Offline osi

« Reply #1089 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 12:37:31 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1090 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 13:00:47 »

coughing - uncomfortable
sneezing - god help me

Coughing - crying

I got to make friends with a hospital bed and some lovely nurses for a few days, then take strong painkillers for a while after. About a week after it happened, I sneezed in history class, then proceeded to involuntarily scream and cry about it. I know of very few things that hurt worse than broken ribs.

This reminds me of abdominal surgery...   :(

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1091 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 13:08:04 »

coughing - uncomfortable
sneezing - god help me

Coughing - crying

This reminds me of abdominal surgery...   :(

These posts made me cringe :(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #1092 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 14:35:01 »
Aaaaaand I'm fired.

What bothers me most about it is the reasons were either straight up lies, or horribly misconstrued. Also I have coworkers that have done FAR worse and/or completely refuse to do their job...
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1093 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 14:48:25 »
Aaaaaand I'm fired.

What bothers me most about it is the reasons were either straight up lies, or horribly misconstrued. Also I have coworkers that have done FAR worse and/or completely refuse to do their job...
awww man
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline osi

« Reply #1094 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 15:38:33 »
Aaaaaand I'm fired.

Sucks bro. Office politics....

Good luck on the hunt!

Offline Lurch

« Reply #1095 on: Thu, 21 August 2014, 15:42:29 »
Aaaaaand I'm fired.

Sorry to hear man. I can't stand office poli****s.

Offline iri

« Reply #1096 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 01:06:28 »
Aaaaaand I'm fired.
just firing people. 'murica.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1097 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 04:23:57 »
Will it float and Jack Hanna's animals are the only reason I really watched Letterman. I haven't seen either in a good while. Also, Leno is gone.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1098 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 16:17:35 »
Will it float and Jack Hanna's animals are the only reason I really watched Letterman. I haven't seen either in a good while. Also, Leno is gone.

To be fair, Leno's never really been that great. He's meant for folks of a certain advanced age.

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1099 on: Fri, 22 August 2014, 22:49:56 »

To be fair, Leno's never really been that great. He's meant for folks of a certain advanced age.

I'm 17 and have always liked Jay Leno.