Author Topic: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.  (Read 530479 times)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.
« Reply #500 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 16:58:03 »

I became a southerner today.

Country ham is hard to beat, but cheese & garlic grits are the way to go.

These were the only grits they offered. I just ate them in the same bites as the ham; it helped tame the taste of pure salt a bit.  :))

What even is cheese and grits? I have googled it and it doesn't explain that much to me.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Syribo

• I like coffee and pink things.
« Reply #501 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 17:40:11 »
I'm a sucker for Italian food... all of it. And potatoes. Any kind of potatoes.

And one of the greatest creations on Earth... cheesecake. Before my RSD and pain got really bad, I baked A TON. Not to toot my own horn but I'm a good freaking cook :P And love cooking/baking for people.

This was a Chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup cheesecake. Holy crap, best cheesecake I've ever had.

This was a regular plain New York Style Cheesecake that I made into a rainbow colored cheesecake :)

For Christmas last year, I made a plain cheesecake in red and green for Christmas. Looked like a Christmas Dr. Seuss cake lol

Ducky Shine 4        CM Storm QFR

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #502 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 17:45:01 »
How did you make it a rainbow cheesecake??  :eek:

My GF loves cheesecake, and it's her birthday this month. I gotta make her one of those.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #503 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 17:50:01 »

And one of the greatest creations on Earth... cheesecake. Before my RSD and pain got really bad, I baked A TON. Not to toot my own horn but I'm a good freaking cook :P And love cooking/baking for people.

This was a Chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup cheesecake. Holy crap, best cheesecake I've ever had.

This was a regular plain New York Style Cheesecake that I made into a rainbow colored cheesecake :)

For Christmas last year, I made a plain cheesecake in red and green for Christmas. Looked like a Christmas Dr. Seuss cake lol

I don't know if they have it stateside but you gotta try ricotta cheesecake sometime

Offline Syribo

« Reply #504 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 17:59:35 »

My GF loves cheesecake, and it's her birthday this month. I gotta make her one of those.
It's actually REALLY simple. Just make the batter for a cheesecake, then separate the batter into five bowls. Add coloring to each bowl for each color. Then you just pour them in, one by one, in the center of the cheesecake pan starting with red. Each color of batter will spread out the one before it, and it will end up looking like the one I made! That's it! Really simple haha.

I don't know if they have it stateside but you gotta try ricotta cheesecake sometime

(Attachment Link)
I've never tried ricotta cheesecake, BUT I have a recipe for it I need to try sometime! I haven't baked much since the holidays.. it's just so hard on my leg. But I work my ass off for a week before Christmas sending out care packages for friends, and for our family's Christmas Day, I make a cheesecake, a from scratch chocalate pudding pie (With homemade pudding from cocoa and melted chocolate, no packaged stuff + homemade whipped cream), an apple pie, and then about 10 dozen of 6 different kind of cookies. I go a bit overboard haha. Maybe I'll try the ricotta cheesecake recipe for this year :)

I also really wanna try this cannoli cheesecake recipe I have....

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #505 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:01:59 »

It's actually REALLY simple. Just make the batter for a cheesecake, then separate the batter into five bowls. Add coloring to each bowl for each color. Then you just pour them in, one by one, in the center of the cheesecake pan starting with red. Each color of batter will spread out the one before it, and it will end up looking like the one I made! That's it! Really simple haha.

Thanks! I will try that out next week or the week after and post results :)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #506 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 18:10:19 »

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]
I've never tried ricotta cheesecake, BUT I have a recipe for it I need to try sometime! I haven't baked much since the holidays.. it's just so hard on my leg. But I work my ass off for a week before Christmas sending out care packages for friends, and for our family's Christmas Day, I make a cheesecake, a from scratch chocalate pudding pie (With homemade pudding from cocoa and melted chocolate, no packaged stuff + homemade whipped cream), an apple pie, and then about 10 dozen of 6 different kind of cookies. I go a bit overboard haha. Maybe I'll try the ricotta cheesecake recipe for this year :)

I also really wanna try this cannoli cheesecake recipe I have....

It's pretty tricky to get the filling right but when you do it's like sweet sweet heaven

Cannoli cheesecake sounds amazing

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #507 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 19:05:09 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Cheesecake!! The greatest food ever created.

* HoffmanMyster drools

I'm also a pretty good baker, and cheesecake is my favorite. The go-to for me is a double layer chocolate cheesecake with Oreo crust. We should have a cheesecake swap party, I want to try all of yours!

Offline Syribo

« Reply #508 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 19:23:29 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Cheesecake!! The greatest food ever created.

* HoffmanMyster drools

I'm also a pretty good baker, and cheesecake is my favorite. The go-to for me is a double layer chocolate cheesecake with Oreo crust. We should have a cheesecake swap party, I want to try all of yours!
I've shipped a bunch of care packages full of cookies, brownies and blondies (Even to other countries).. but imagine trying to ship out cheesecake through the mail haha. If only there was a good way to do it, without it getting messed up and disgusting! That would be freaking awesome.. I could go for some cheesecake right now gaaaah.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #509 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 19:57:59 »
What even is cheese and grits?

Grits and polenta are very close to the same thing.

Minor differences such as: yellow corn or white corn, or some non-corn grain? do you just boil it or do something else later?

Boiled white corn (hominy) grits is the simplest form of the food, and there are many extensions.

Cheese and garlic grits is white grits with cheese and garlic mixed in, then baked. Quite tasty.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #510 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 03:34:02 »
Been trying to find the perfect pomodoro sauce recipe,

« Last Edit: Sat, 17 October 2015, 03:37:24 by jokrik »
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline faycheung

• Noob
« Reply #511 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 04:50:16 »
Plov

Rigged

Lamb underneath all that rice.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 October 2015, 04:57:53 by faycheung »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #512 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 00:23:39 »
Plov

Show Image

Rigged

Show Image

Lamb underneath all that rice.
Any photos of the lamb on plate? Or its all gone?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #513 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 00:38:42 »
Jokrik stop it. I just ate and you're making me hungry again.

Offline faycheung

• Noob
« Reply #514 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 00:50:32 »

The rice came out too scattered. Oh well, this is what I get for buying no frills goods  :rolleyes:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 07:31:07 »

Runny eggs and grits w/toast. It was excellent.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 09:38:34 »

Show Image

Or it was eggcelent... 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 09:41:41 »

Show Image

Or it was eggcelent... 
Yeah I'm not very punny :D

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #518 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 19:06:01 »
Grilled cheese made with 7 kinds of cheese, all of which were smoked by me last Friday night.

Parmesan, romanon, reggiano, provolone, cheddar, Colby jack, and pepper jack.  Plus I used bacon grease instead of butter to cook it.

114262-0

Yeah, it was that good.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #519 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 23:16:41 »
Grilled cheese made with 7 kinds of cheese, all of which were smoked by me last Friday night.

Parmesan, romanon, reggiano, provolone, cheddar, Colby jack, and pepper jack.  Plus I used bacon grease instead of butter to cook it.

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, it was that good.
Very nice!
Mind taking picture of your cheese smoker? I'm planning to build one myself

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #520 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 23:23:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, it was that good.

Why do you taunt me?

That looks amazing...

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #521 on: Mon, 19 October 2015, 23:35:50 »

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, it was that good.
Very nice!
Mind taking picture of your cheese smoker? I'm planning to build one myself

Search "Off Topic" for "meat and cheese smoking guide".
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 16:34:33 »
Found a Mexican place that delivers. I am about to go into a melted cheese and guac coma, someone get 911 dialed up before I dig in.

there is a steak burrito under all that

enchiladas I think? who can really tell anymore.

Offline Syribo

« Reply #523 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 17:23:12 »
Found a Mexican place that delivers. I am about to go into a melted cheese and guac coma, someone get 911 dialed up before I dig in.
Show Image

Show Image

Oh. My. God.

I think I'm going to have to get Mexican within the next 24 hours now... craving it big time after those pictures.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #524 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 18:43:50 »
Show Image

Show Image

Dat BroBot lurkin in the rice.  xD  Awesome.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #525 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 19:01:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

was wondering if anyone would notice him ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #526 on: Tue, 20 October 2015, 19:02:41 »
Show Image

Show Image

was wondering if anyone would notice him ;)

I definitely had to double take.  :))

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 02:37:29 »
That mexican food looks soooo goood

Pls stop making me hungry

Offline iri

« Reply #528 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 07:34:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

looks delicious.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #529 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 18:41:59 »
Got a batch of chili percolating overnight for dinner tomorrow.

115052-0

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #530 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 17:10:35 »
Does anyone have a Chipotle addiction? Pretty much if it wasn't $10 (with guac obviously) I'd eat it every day. From what I've seen people either hate or love it. I don't consider it actual Mexican food, just salty goodness. ALSO - BOWL>BURRITO, you just ask for double of everything and get way more

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #531 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 00:01:40 »
Does anyone have a Chipotle addiction? Pretty much if it wasn't $10 (with guac obviously) I'd eat it every day. From what I've seen people either hate or love it. I don't consider it actual Mexican food, just salty goodness. ALSO - BOWL>BURRITO, you just ask for double of everything and get way more

Show Image

+1  but I gained a ton of weight when I was eating it regularly in school.  Too much studying and no time for workout = fat Hoffman  :(

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #532 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 00:04:01 »

Show Image

+1  but I gained a ton of weight when I was eating it regularly in school.  Too much studying and no time for workout = fat Hoffman  :(

Nothing wrong with being a little fluffeh  ;)

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #533 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 00:05:18 »
All I ate today was ice cream and crackers because I'm too lazy to go buy groceries. Such is the life of a lazy college student

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 00:05:28 »

Show Image

:eek:  beehatch so saucy.  :-*

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #535 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 09:36:31 »

Show Image

:eek:  beehatch so saucy.  :-*

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #536 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 13:05:56 »

Offline weehooherod

« Reply #537 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 15:28:48 »
I try to roughly follow the ketogenic diet. Lots of vegetables, meat, and fats while avoid carbs/sugar.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #538 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 17:48:44 »
I try to roughly follow the ketogenic diet. Lots of vegetables, meat, and fats while avoid carbs/sugar.

I eat lots of carbs/sugar while avoiding vegetables, meat and fat

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #539 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 18:02:43 »

Show Image

I eat lots of carbs/sugar while avoiding vegetables, meat and fat

And I eat lots of carbs/sugar, vegetables, meat, fat, and everything in between.  I guess I just like to eat.  :))

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #540 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:25:27 »
Oh waaait Chipotle has all that! Mmmmm

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #541 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:29:17 »
Having margaritas and Mexican food tonight with the Mrs.  This has been a crazy week, so a little booze and relaxation will go a long way.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 17:31:48 »
Overnight soaked muesli (5 different nuts, raisins and dried coconut)  and fresh mandarin juice

Good morning!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:39:27 »
Overnight soaked muesli (5 different nuts, raisins and dried coconut)  and fresh mandarin juice

Good morning!

Show Image

Is it soaked in milk?  Does it get soggy?  Is that the point?  So many questions!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:55:29 »

Good morning!

Show Image

Is it soaked in milk?  Does it get soggy?  Is that the point?  So many questions!

Yeah soaked in milk from 2 hours to overnight, that's how you eat muesli, the oats is dry and different than the one you cook
apparently it's healthier than cereals

some people I know soaked them in juices   :confused:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #545 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 18:57:46 »

Good morning!

Show Image

Yeah soaked in milk from 2 hours to overnight, that's how you eat muesli, the oats is dry and different than the one you cook

Hmm.  Very interesting.  :)  Maybe some day I'll have an opportunity to try it.  :D

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #546 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:03:04 »

Good morning!

Show Image

Hmm.  Very interesting.  :)  Maybe some day I'll have an opportunity to try it.  :D

Very sure you can find it in your supermarket, just grab one with lots of nuts and dried fruits in it
else it might get a little bland

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #547 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 19:07:41 »
Ate some Dominoes pizza a little bit ago, and now I feel like complete ****. All my energy is gone and it feels like grease is seeping through every pore in my body while I sit here in a cold sweat as a storm of **** and heartburn writhe around in my tummy. Ugh, it feels like I've been poisoned with diabetes.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #548 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:49:09 »
Ate some Dominoes pizza a little bit ago, and now I feel like complete ****. All my energy is gone and it feels like grease is seeping through every pore in my body while I sit here in a cold sweat as a storm of **** and heartburn writhe around in my tummy. Ugh, it feels like I've been poisoned with diabetes.

That sums up all of my dominos pizza experiences

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #549 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:57:25 »
Pierogies, so cheap yet so good. Sautee them with some onions, add a little salt and pepper :D.  I like to keep on the poor student budget when it comes to food so I can spend more money on keyboards. :p
Reminds me of back home, Pittsburgh.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5