Author Topic: [IC] JTK Cyberkeycapset  (Read 28753 times)

Offline BeachFan69

[IC] JTK Cyberkeycapset
« on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:41:45 »

Hello Geekhackers and cyberpunk fans! Yesterday i saw a post on r/mk with the cyberpunk pantone color and instantly got inspired to create a futuristic keycap set that will match all of yours cyberpunk merch and peripherals!

ABOUT: The set is inspired by the futuristic dystopian world of cyberpunk, sadly I have not been able to to play the game because I have a gtx 1050 and the game does not run well on my computer but I have seen trailer and gameplay videos and think it looks very cool !

So I present to you cyberkeycapset !

It uses cyberpunk colors.

better kitting and renders soon !

Please let me know what do you think in the comments below !
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 07:04:35 by iamtootallforthis »

Offline of_sam

Re: [IC] JTK Cyberkeycapset
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:42:15 »
No. God no.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Deadlcck

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:42:40 »
Yikes

Offline Ireojimayo

• Yo dayo
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:42:51 »
Kill me

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:56:38 by Ireojimayo »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:44:16 »
I do not think this is the best representation of Cyberpunk's colors. A tad strenuous on the eyes. Was this IC released early to claim the idea of cyberpunk?

Offline Sigil

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:44:34 »
Ow.

Offline zwartho

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:49:32 »
please delete

Offline PhantomTaco

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:50:27 »
It burns with the power of a billion suns.

Offline BeachFan69

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:50:45 »
I do not think this is the best representation of Cyberpunk's colors. A tad strenuous on the eyes. Was this IC released early to claim the idea of cyberpunk?

I used the official cyberpunk colour they posted so i think it's accurate. I've been very excited for cyberpunk and i really wanted to make a keycap set for it.

Offline ThePanduuh

• Discord @ThePanduuh#0001
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:50:50 »
Please consider removing this.
Bias BE | Polaris | Frog | Matrix 8xv2.0 Add | Iron165 SE | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | Cypher

Offline Jesus

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:53:13 »
I went to the optometrist this year, and they said my eyesight had improved since last year, after seeing this set tho its definitely gotten worse, so much to the point where I think im back to being legally blind.

Offline Pluto19

• All who break the taboo will be eliminated.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:54:11 »
Omg i Love this 😱
Since it's jtk please make this tripleshot with hirigana it would fit the theme so well!

Offline llKanull

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:55:59 »
this set is more like Cybergunk

Offline Shironome

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:56:10 »
change name to flash bang thanks

Offline Whiplash_XXIII

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:57:34 »
I know it’s the colors but I just don’t see Cyberpunk when I see this. Night Runner is far more Cyberpunk IMO maybe explore that

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:57:47 »
This set really makes you feel like cyberpunk

Offline dandruff

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 22:58:13 »
Omg i Love this 😱
Since it's jtk please make this tripleshot with hirigana it would fit the theme so well!

Lad, you're almost at 200 posts! You're almost an influencer to get THE board. You can't be caught slipping like this...
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:00:55 by dandruff »

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:00:13 »
Omg i Love this 😱

Lad, you're almost at 200 posts! You're almost an influencer to get THE board. You can't be slipping like this...

:)) omg

Offline Rourke006

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:03:57 »
I would say that this is more of a flashbang than a representation of Cyberpunk... Just yikes.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:12:40 »
An IC is not one render, with more than 200 posts you should know better than making this rubbish.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:14:23 »
LMAO, pls stop. Thx!
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:14:47 »
An IC is not one render, with more than 200 posts you should know better than making this rubbish.

he has 20 but point stands
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:15:45 »

Sorry my bad, I misread.

Offline stuey138

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:18:22 »

I mean they just spammed 20 posts out in the span of like 10 minutes today so I'm not sure we can even count that.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:20:29 »

I mean they just spammed 20 posts out in the span of like 10 minutes today so I'm not sure we can even count that.
He wants 200 posts for you know what ;)

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:30:45 »

Offline Top Right Logo

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:44:11 »
You know when you see a user fill up the recents, that something magical is coming. I hope I can take a better look once my eyes adjust back!

Offline NachoMist

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 23:52:35 »
when were you when cyber is punk

Offline sGhost

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:00:16 »
As a member of the Keycap Designers Discord, we do not claim this.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:01:51 »
So I normally am super supportive but one I have never ever seen this set in the server nor did you get feedback in our server. Please do not thank the server for this it does not represent the actual work people put in my server. Thank you!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:02:28 »

has a good set ever come out of that discord though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:04:23 »

Can we congratulate puddsy for not posting cringe !

Offline bigern302

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:05:08 »
Maybe steer clear of CD Projekt IP based on history.  Also, this is an abomination to retinas everywhere.

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:05:17 »
Also as a member of the keycap designer discord, this set has never been shown in our server, and I'm in there almost daily. It would be preferred if you removed the credit from your IC until you come and speak to the designers about your set.

Offline Ram

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:07:38 »
As a KC Discord regular, I have never seen this set ever shown and ask that if you want to keep this IC up to remove crediting us from your IC, we have nothing to do with this set

Offline Swishy

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:08:02 »

GMK iceberg, GMK retrocast, GMK Norse, SA Ramses, KAM Superuser, GMK Ishtar, GMK Deku,... list goes on.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:09:02 »
Not sure the Krelbit copypasta has ever been more relevant. OP, in all seriousness give this a read please.

I appreciate the hustle and desire to capitalize on zeitgeist while you can.

That being said, early ICs are simply not the way to go about publishing a set concept. A bad early IC is way worse than a late, fleshed out IC. ICs are all about impressions and the impression this IC leaves upon me is very poor. You're looking for positive reception as confirmation for renders? You're not going to find it with this low quality of an IC.

It's clear that you're fairly new to the community. You made a GH account to post this thread. This is a 104 key base kit. That's something you majorly flesh out before you even have colors in a lot of cases. Your colors are web colors, meaning you're oblivious to the IC process and GMK production as a whole, things you can easily find out more about by visitng the trove of old GB and IC threads, or even uniqey's website. This comes off as a cash grab from an inexperienced community member, which, to be honest, I'm not ragging on, but I'm definitely not about it. Take some time in the hobby to be part of the community. Be a little more active. Find out what works, what's good, why it works, why it's good, and talk with more types of folks to engage in that exchange. That's what it's really about. While the "i see guy make thing, i can make thing too!" mentality certainly has driven a lot of cool stuff, this is not one of those cases.

Renders went from being a nice to have in ICs to nearly a need to have. It shows you have some level of personal commitment to the set that you would even pay for mockups our of your own pocket before anything is official. To not have renders and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, and the KLEs do a very poor job of showing the colors that you want to show, or maybe they do a really good job, but to me they look like blanks. I'm not trying to bog you down or take shots at an easy target, rarely anything ever deserves that. If you're truly invested in making this set happen beyond a text-post and a barely visible KLE render, you need to make a very good impression, so that vendors who see your IC will want to work with ya.

Many people will not buy into the concept if the IC is not good from the get-go. You can sell any concept to anyone as long as the beginning impressions are good enough.

If you're intent on making this happen (and this would have to be very soon, before more eyes can see this and get their first impressions, which, in their current state would result in the set being written off extremely quickly) then you can:

1. Flesh out those layouts.
2. Get some renders.
3. Pick colors that aren't web colors, it's 2020. We have resources to help design GMK sets. GMK has resources to help design GMK sets. Use google, guy.
4. Goals, MOQs, prior contact to GMK show vendors that you're willing to do work beyond "hur dur look at color now shoulder it all for me," which, even if a vendor wouldn't take you up on, they would like to see.
5. Give more of a ****. Going into a project half-assed (you could be fully on board, but this post does certainly not show that) only makes me believe in the project less. If you don't believe in your project enough to give a detailed, commited sales pitch, why should any vendor, or even why should the community believe in it? Dipping your toes into the pool is simply not an option when everyone else who's making successful sets is hopping in headfirst.

cmon guy.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:09:59 »

GMK iceberg, GMK retrocast, GMK Norse, SA Ramses, KAM Superuser, GMK Ishtar, GMK Deku,... list goes on.

no actually i think that reinforces my point but it's ok

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:13:49 »

:blank:

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:15:36 »
You just can't make this up. You literally trashed the Cyberswitch IC and then immediately posted this? Like, the irony of this is insane.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:17:14 by AllieBlairThomas »

Offline Owl

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:17:29 »
When are posts going to be vetted before visible to the public? Or is this forum just going to stay in the stone age because it's nostalgic?

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:31:03 »
As a KCD member, I do not endorse this set. No one has ever mentioned this set here.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 14:18:51 by Shiba1337 »

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:33:15 »
not to flame, But this is extremely low effort. You took 2 stock colors and smashed them together with little to no thought, and it came out as an eyestrain of a keycap set that will get you sued faster than using NCS music on youtube.

Jesus Shiba.

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 00:37:05 »

I mean there is a reason why all of them are doing well  :p :p :p

Offline Hdjekso

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:05:19 »
This is where the fun begins

Offline tommyhongg

« Reply #45 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:27:30 »

I recognize one out of seven keysets you listed.
Matrix Magic3 | Frog TKL

Offline Kajoler

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:27:46 »
>:0

Offline kk73715

• Why are you even reading
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:39:33 »
OP, I think it's pretty clear what people think of your set. You made the decisions to stay true to the colors from the inspiration and it was not taken very well. Perhaps spending more time thinking about kitting and colors will be beneficial.

Offline Dotnick

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 01:50:09 »

Not that I'm really defending this set or the designers discord, but did you even think about this response before posting it? This kneejerk response was reckless and just doesn't belong on Geekhack, and certainly does not improve the already fairly toxic environment in these forums. Criticize the set for what it did wrong, that's completely fair. What isn't fair is your attempt to say these sets aren't good in their own right just so that you can put down a discord server. Going through each individually, there's actually not much wrong with any of the sets mentioned and are actually great representations of good ICs and sets.

To be honest Puddsy, you have been a great influence in the past. But I think even you can agree that this comment was a load of dog**** and does nothing constructive besides boost your ego.

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 02:16:25 »
Colors, kitting, and copypasta aside, this IC does need a lot of work. One of the biggest things I'm seeing is that even though this is planned to be a JTK set, it doesn't utilize their greatest asset: tripleshot legends. This could easily be run as any other set otherwise.

The release of the IC has clearly been lined up with the release of the game. If you're trying to capitalize on the hype of the game, on top of adding novelties and such, it should be worth considering how you will craft the set keeping IP and Copyright infringement in mind going forward.

As a general rule of thumb, it would be better to release an IC when you have everything ready to present to get accurate feedback. Posting something as superficial as this doesn't give nearly enough information as to what the set has to offer other than Cyberpunk themed.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2020, 02:22:50 by kimchijody »